>post anything BMW

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5775265094.html
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5767621007.html
ecstuning.com/BMW-Z3-3.0i-M54_3.0L/Engine/Intake/
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5788104272.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is with the threads dying at a time when so many new BMWs are coming to Veeky Forums? It's like everyone got tired of quality threads and just wants to shitpost.

I really don't know. These threads used to be absolutely full only a week ago then suddenly everyone disappeared.

Maybe everyone /is/ selling their cars as someone suggested in one of the dead threads.

Maybe we don't have anything to talk about?

I haven't been around much the past couple weeks but I normally bump the threads when they're near the bottom of the board. At least when there are discussions there is actual discourse and not just mainly flame wars. A good balance between the general cancer of yotsuba and the chemo of forums, so it is good to keep the threads going regardless.

!@#$%^&*()

And seeing all the e36s around here now, if anyone is planning to get a LTW splitter, DO NOT buy the replica on eBay, from Bulgaria or wherever. I did when the Genuine one was on backorder, and it was trash that broke in a couple days after its first scrape (and I was on stock suspension then). The real one is a tank, I just need to sand or paint it a bit to match the trim a bit better.

dedthred. Anyway I'm pretty much committed to buying an N55 335i (M-sport, coupe and manual because these would be important variables) but I have one final question; how well do they hold value?

Also E92, forgot the F30 335i had the N55 for a while.

Also from my understanding lower models are common and worthless, M3s given their reputation for being moneypits and beat on also depreciate harder than a woman's sexual value with time.

about to paint my e30 rear trunk lid spoiler/lip. then install it.

so should I trust the studs on the spoiler already there? they're like 6mm iirc. i've got the template with measurements so I'm not worried about that too much other than i will be drilling my car

Can I just dremel them off and use a double sided 3m automotive exterior tape after really cleaning the surface? I see a lot of video guides with spoilers that use that same stuff

Yeah, double sided tape should hold it on fine so long as you have a clean, flat surface on both sides to mate the tape to.

Make sure it's 3m though. Skimping on that shit is dumb; it's only like $1 more than the off-brand, but not using it will likely lead to your spoiler falling off.

yeah it's the 3m stuff 'super strength molding tape'
I have 2x 1/2" x 5ft roll

Yeah with a lip spoiler well done tape is all you really need.

What's a decent price to pay for a 325ix? Any year is fine, would prefer something not red or white. I've been wanting one for a while now, and when I see them posted (if ever), the prices range anywhere from $3000-8000. The mileage is never around the same ballpark as others, with higher mileage ones usually being more expensive.

I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Here are two clean options.
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5775265094.html
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5767621007.html

Why do you not like red? I can see white at the age of an e30 looking bad, but red holds it colour very well through the years.

Well I bought a cheap z3 coupe, all good for a week and now it's throwing p0505. Currently at the shop getting tested for vac leaks.

Right away mechanic noticed hole in intake tube behind MAF.

Pray for me Veeky Forums

hi friends :^)

had to swing my m3 back to the shop after an alignment for some weird vibrations

all is gut

I was wondering why I hadn't seen the first listing before, but I realized it's because I only ever have the search option set for manual transmissions. I might consider if a manual swap isn't that hard down the road.

The second link I've been heavily considering honestly because I look at it daily. Is $5000 a good price? I'm absolutely shit at haggling, and I've read through what to look for when looking at an e30.

To answer your question, I don't have anything against the color red really. It's just never been my preferred color on a car. I'm more inclined to buy either darker blues or silvers.

Outside of Japanese cars and my 190e, BMW is mostly foreign territory for me.

Thanks for the help.

Well one of the biggest things to look for, especially in the PNW, is rust, and the silver one doesn't have it. I'd bet the same for the red, given how pristine the interior and exterior look.

As for price, I may not be the best person to evaluate as I've never had an e30, but for something somewhat rare, in excellent condition at almost 30 years of age, I think five grand is reasonable. Mechanical condition plays into that as well, and they both look like they've had caring owners.

Just going to throw it in there, but the wheels would look dope colour-matched to the smokey red of the taillamps.

Black sapphire? You don't see many black e46s around. Nice.

Just JB Weld that hole. It isn't under much pressure.

>Just JB Weld that hole. It isn't under much pressure.

I'll do that tomorrow.

How much would it cost to replace all the intake tubing? Car is 16 years old and P/O left it sitting outside for a year.

hmm thats actually not a bad idea ya know. and the color is carbon black

If you're talking about the sections surrounding the MAF and alternator intake, I think they go for around $20 a section IIRC.

ecstuning.com/BMW-Z3-3.0i-M54_3.0L/Engine/Intake/

Not bad at all. I'm pretty pissed about losing my car right at the end of the driving season though, fucking snow and -40 is coming.

Are you the one whose silver e46 got smashed?

I want to install an aftermarket stereo receiver but my autism stops me from buying anything that doesn't match the orange back lights on the dashboard. Anyone recommend a receiver with a similar orange backlight?

take apart stereo and replace with orange led

And here's a message from your friendly neighbourhood bump...

Picked up my car today from hail damage after 1.5 months. They decided that it was a 328i and got into an argument that it is an Xi. After an argument (with me showing them the damn sill tag that it is an Xi,) I walk around the car and realize they removed all of the XDrive badging. Lost my shit and left. Oh and they decided not to install the rear spoiler, (found that in the trunk.) Installing that myself. Collision shops are fucking criminals and lazy as hell. Paint is gorgeous tho....

why remove the xdrive tags though? point?

Cars been in the shop for over a month

No thank god, just stuck in low power mode, hard to get hectic when it only limps around.

Damn. What's up?

Anyone able to identify this wheel?

They're like CSL wheels but look better.

Ello m8s

I've been trying to find the name of those aswell!
They're awesome

Apex ARC-8

my e36 wont stop leaking oil and coolant :( also when i engage the clutch it pisses tranny fluid everywhere :(

ded

HOLY SHIT WHY IS IT SO CHEAP
jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5788104272.html

>242k miles

And? My uncle's daily E30 has over 350,000

When your rad blows up in a Tim Horton's drive through at 12am and you gotta walk home

Also I'll take my award for cleanest E36 in the game now.

3 years 110 thousand kilometers!

Does anyone have experience with GruppeM/Simota intakes? I'm going to open up the intake system over the winter from manifold down to pass the time. New BBTB, MAF, hoses, etc.

Got the Z3 back today, passed inspection. Unluckily, it's the end of the month, so the DMV will be a shitfest. May have to wait a couple weeks for mid-month.

Got into an accident where I hopped a median, like 50% of the suspension is being replaced.

Amazingly the only other damage was to the front bumper and the tray under the engine.

Should be getting it back this week though, so that's good.

Really like your m3, haven't seen it in these much but I'm not too active. I really wanna get some CSL style wheels.

How good is am e36 coupe? I.m considering buying one next year and rwd car options are very limited here.
Currently driving a skoda octavia tour 1.9tdi (eurotrash). If I buy a 325 e36 how much am I gonna spend to keep it on the road. Will mostly drive it for pleasure and maybe on a 200 km commute every now and then.

I average about 2000k Canadabucks a year, but I also buy new tires every year and refresh a lot of suspension stuff.

I also tackle one large project a year. Last year I did the rear end, this year the front end, etc.

If you're handy and not too particular you could own one very cheaply. If you're very picky like me, keep some cash around just in case.

Sorry 2k Canadabucks not 2000k that's retarded and so am I.

Awesome!

and gl user

im still hunting for a good clownshoe after selling my Z3.

I cant wait to be back in another z3.

speaking of z3's

>gf is looking for car
>show her a z3 that's super clean - blue, with tan interior, black soft top
>no user that car looks silly
>see one irl with her blue, black interior, white hardtop
>wow user what car is that I want it
>mfw

oh well at least she can recognize an e30

i dont like posting my old Z3 because i no longer have it and i used to whore it a lot

but it looks like you're looking for my exact car

i didnt like my hardtop, it squeaked and flexed like crazy and made the car seem a lot less refined than it really was. I aligned it multiple time but i could never get it just right. driving with the soft top was much more quiet on shitty roads.

my 94 318is is leaking constantly. I bought it for $600
>tfw it wont stop leaking coolant and oil
What should I be looking for senpai?

my gf is actually saving up for either a Z3 roadster or E36 convertible
She loves bimmers and has learned to tell most chassis codes, feels good
Also I want to change the LED colour of my e60's angel eyes from yellow to white, approx how much does a set cost?

>post what you've fixed on it recently
Replacing my engine because i accidentally a piston. Gotta pull the trans off because I forgot to remove the throw out bearing from the replacement engine (came out of a 6 speed)

>post what you've upgraded
not much besides a couple of things visible in the pic

>post how much you love the damned thing
This thing is a money pit. It is as an absolute nightmare. I've spent more time under it than on the road. BUT i still love it because it is loud and obnoxious. Also because V8

bruh i feel your pain
My fucking motor decided to shit itself when piston number 8 lodged itself between the crank.

Pic related, what killed my e39.

just cut off the 2 cylinders and run a v6

A BMW with a V6? Thats heresy!

what model e60 is that user?

>yfw going on your local CL and searching BMW V6

all those results
all that wrong

nothing much, base model diesel
I sometimes meet people irl who are arguing that bimmers use V6's, so frustrating

Yeah i've had way too many people tell me that they have a V6 bmw.
must be good on fuel. My 4.4 drinks like a motherfucker

if I wasn't living in a poorfag yuro country with overpriced fuel, I wouldn't settle for a diesel. But yeah i'm getting about 33 US MPGs on highways and 23 urban
the consumption used to be notably better with smaller wheels but whatever

Just got my baby a week ago

beautiful, M235?

Yup fuking fantastic car i love it

Boys why did I buy a 4 cylinder. I've started really regretting it! So underpowered :/

smell of exhaust in car
320d
fml

I'm going to pick up an f30. Should I get pic related for it?

Wow that sucks. And thanks. I've posted here a lot, but have been working my ass off lately and going out a lot with a fem.

Looks very good and modern

Fuck no. Custom headlights always look so cheap (and they are cheap). Also don't depend on them functioning 100% properly. Shit. If you want to "personalize" the outside of the car, aftermarket (high quality) wheels are the way to go. Otherwise stock is usually the best looking in the long run.

I approve of this color.

Also 2 series has that perfect BMW small coupe proportions (like the E30 2 door). A really beautiful car in person (much more so than in photos).

Are these wheels 18 or 19"?

Whatever you do, keep the original headlights. You'll want them later, especially if you ever try to sell the car.

18 inch with the m performance brakes. Originally i was going to get it in red but when i saw the blue in the showroom i just had to get it

Had a loose water hose, scared me thinking my shit was toast.

Did a pressure test and everything seems ok. Guess ill keep the little guy for now.

Did your uncle meticulously care for the car?
Did the previous owner of that ad?

what the difference between m-technic and m-pack?

I think technic focuses on the bodykit and look more while the M-pack does that and then some.

is there a way to check car history with vin number?

I have seen some people talking about bmwparts.com but how could one get password?

Like the Daily Vin Check thread?

>Just JB Weld that hole.
Seems to have fixed it.

Hey, I found this in my car, what is it? Is it needed to run the car? I've never really noticed it until it fell off the steering column, should i put it back?

Valve cover gasket and all the rad hoses/expansion tank

Original rads were prone to degrading if non BMW coolant was used, expansion tanks are known for blowing up.

Also if you have a plastic thermostat housing it can also weep coolant.

gl my famdamly

Also avoid doing this to your BMW. I drove mine for one winter and it was hellish on the poor old thing.

Now I have a truck so it's my weekend warrior.

o u c h

I had a fan relay stick off while doing a lap day and caught it just in time. Closest I've ever been to the danger zone. My car doesn't even have lifter noise unlike almost every E36 ever.

It would probably be helpful. Looks like it controls theā€¦ oh.

I dropped my subframe on my E36 M3. Doing oil pan baffle/reinforced pickup, reinforced front subframe, motor mounts, and LCA balljoints/bushings/tierod assemblies

-Inner balljoints wouldn't "separate" and ball joint popper won't fit nor smacking it with a hammer. Gonna try a pickle fork tomorrow.

-Everything made out of rubber was falling the fuck apart and original with 96/97 date codes. Lollipop bushings were tearing, balljoint boots all torn, motor mounts cracking, every joint was floppy and gave no resistance, Aren't 20 year old BMWs the best?

-I had a bunch of grime from leaking PS hoses, especially around the PS reservoir and return pipe/cooling coil. I'm gonna try to tighten the fittings at the reservoir a bit and see what happens but I wouldn't doubt if the hoses are shot at the "clamps"

-What's the best way to check if a rack is good or not? I'd get a Z3 rack but they're all going for $300+.

Keep up the good work raiding the /audi/ general thread guys.

Neat pic I got the other day

Got a bunch. I'll dump a few

e46 325i a good first car, specifically to learn how to drive manual in?
truthfully would want a 330i but never driven manual, nor rwd
i'll definitely want the power later, but i'd rather not kill myself being an overconfident idiot

you wont notice the difference between a 325i or 330i when driving normally
if you can find a decent manual 330, go for it

>/tailgating general/

Car handles like a dream with PS2s and ARC-8s look awesome

New Potenza S04's on the way.

$505

Fuck me.

These were the fronts a couple weeks ago after losing the rear end and smacking a curb.

Was like $460 for 2 S04 PP's.

So fucking glad I didn't buy rears now.

Width difference on the fronts.

Ran 245 Bridgestone RE 050A Scuderia and went to 255 S04 Pole Position.

I had a 245/285 setup and had DSC issues even when you didn't push.

The 255/285 is back normal now. No more DSC probs through, and hard out of corners.

Much, much more stable front end as well. The car goes where you point the wheels, with a lot more tire chatter though compared to the 050A's.

Fug, abs light intermittent.

Shitty pick as I walked away pic.

Half the fucking size of a cavalier.