Would the GT350R be faster with Ecoboost???

Would the GT350R be faster with Ecoboost???

The GT350R just looks so good. I leak a little everytime I see it.

I'm fairly sure the GT500 will be a twin-turbo V8.

Now that's something to get excited for.

It literally looks the same as a regular Mustang besides very few differences.

That's really my only gripe with the 350 and 350R but thank god you can HEAR the difference with that one and the GT.

Maybe its just because I live in Australia and will never see one in person. I love the look of the entire S550 platform, GT and GT350

>Australia

Didn't your nanny state fuckstick politicans get triggered at the burnout mode on the Mustang, as well as the "drift" mode on the Focus RS? Sometimes I'm envious of the amount of 90's Japanese cars in Australia, but then I realize that the government is fucking retarded, for lack of a better term.

Yeah its pretty bad. There were countless news shows with "car enthusiasts" who looked in their 60s and sounded like they've never driven a car talking about how unsafe the drift feature in the Focus RS is. They canceled Ken Block filming Gymkhana here aswell because they thought it would "encourage hooning". Fuck me.

Love the Japanese cars though, almost bought an R34 GTS-T back when I was looking for a new car.

>burnout mode on the Mustang
AusFord took the button out to shut the pollies and hand-wringers up. Line lock is still there and we've never needed a special button to smoke rubber in the first place.

>"drift" mode on the Focus RS
Untouched. They were wigging out over that too.

>They canceled Ken Block filming Gymkhana here
And to think he shilled for ACA. Fuck that gay cunt.

>OP about Mustangs and ecoboost
>turns into an Australian shitpost thread

Sounds about right

>very few differences.
The entire front end, forward of the windshield, is completely different

>GT350R
>Ecoboost
>Ford

Everything from Ford is shit, just stick with something that actually works.

I wouldn't give up that magnificent flat plane crank V8 with its heavenly sound for a lame ass turbo'd engine, even if it was faster. If Ford truly keeps the 5.2L Voodoo just for the GT350 and GT350R, these things are going to be highly collectable in a short amount of time.

It'd be 1% faster and have 90% less personality

I guaran-fucking-tee nobody would love it as much as they do, not even close

Ford is messing around with the idea of creating derivatives of the S550 Mustang platform for use on additional Ford and Lincoln models by the early 2020s. They're studying a four door global Taurus/Falcon/Crown Vic successor and a Lincoln two door coupe and four door performance oriented flagship. Lincoln is really deadset on become a legit competitor to brands like Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi in the Chinese market, where the Lincoln brand still carries clout at that level. This means they'll need a V8 halo engine. It's the same reason why Cadillac is building a new twin-turbo DOHC solely for their upcoming $70,000+ vehicles, even though the V8 market is shrinking drastically. I suspect Ford is soon going to announce a turbo V8 to compete. Trends suggest it'll be low displacement like German V8s, probably less than 4.4 liters. The Voodoo and Coyote will probably soldier on as the cheap performance options for another generation then get replaced by turbo V6 engines in the GT leaving only expensive variants of the Mustang with a V8, likely the same engine in the future Lincolns. We're in the last 10 years of cheap powerful V8s. Soon they'll only be turboed and in luxury cars, or tuned to their absolute limit in highest trim derivatives of muscle cars priced like luxury cars. Now's a great time to buy a GT350, or even just a GT. We're living in the sunset of 8 cylinder engines.

I don't believe the V8 is going to go away like everyone thinks. One thing people look for in cars is uniqueness. Everything is becoming turbo, and if everything becomes turbo, suddenly the NA engine is more unique and attention drawing. Lots of people will point to stricter MPG requirements, but they often forget that it is average by fleet. The Fiestas, Focus, and Fusions that sell in huge volumes will more than make up for a V8 Mustang always being attainable. Everyone said the manual was dead, but when the people spoke they came back. I don't think V8s are going to go anywhere as long as there is an enthusiast market to cater to.

Normies don't know generally even know what a turbocharged means and just think it's better because it sounds cool. Ford has their 'One Ford' global model range unification policy, meaning they're going to push turbo lower displacement engines more so than other US manufacturers will. There will probably be N/A V8s around but they'll probably only cater to enthusiast niche groups, and thus, be priced above the $50,000 mark, base. Don't underestimate how much people car about MPGs. If another oil price spike occurs you can bet will start seeing people embraced trubo sixes over V8s en masse. V8s will always have a place for sure, but the take rate for V8s will likely be 50% of what it is right now 15 or so years. It wouldn't surprise me if these derivatives received N/A V8 hybrid drive trains to provide the same V8 feels while meeting future fuel efficiency requirement which will undoubtedly increase in coming years.That might actually be kind of cool. City driving on mostly electric for instant torque then a massive V8 growl upon 1/3rd+ of pedal depression sounds pretty awesome. Pretty sure Lexus is actually trying for something like that with the next gen LS. GM just announced they would be ICE free by 2050 btw.

Considering ecoboost to GT sales difference, the current GT price is more than enough to fend off "normies" from getting one and putting it in a niche market. If you ever look at dealer stock, notice how non-V8s are almost always automatic on the lot and all GTs seem to be manual, even if they are loaded with every option. As for the future, it can all change. What we thought was true today can be proven false tomorrow. But back to the V8s, I think they're already a niche market and get carried by same models with smaller engines (V6/Ecoboost Mustang). They always have.

To be fair, the base GT is only $32,000. That's not really more than a high trim Fusion, V6 Accord or 320i, which are all pretty normie middle class cars by CA standards. People mostly care about mileage, even those who would prefer a V8. A V8 hybrid option actually sounds like it'd be a pretty efficient way to go about keeping it in range. Toyota made some big announcement earlier this month that they've reached the point where it's cheaper to build an hybrid I4 vehicle than a diesel engined vehicle of the same power output. Hybrid tech is getting cheap. Even a mild hybrid N/A V8 could probably hit MPG ratings close to the ecoboosts.

And those people wouldn't buy a Mustang GT if they cared about gas millage. I don't see why the 32k Mustang GT can't exist in this scenario. I'd submit if someone cared about MPGs, had that money to spend, and wanted a mustang they would easily choose the ecoboost over the GT. I know when I was making the final decision on my Mustang, I looked at both and decided I'd rather have no options and a V8 than a loaded ecoboost. There's a reason automakers have large fleets to choose from, so people can pick what is right for them. Again, with the fuel economy standards going by fleet, I see no reason V8 cars can't continue on as long as combustion engines area around.

Most people who buy V8s do so because they just like how it sounds, but when push comes to shove, and fuel prices spike, are willing to accept I4/V6 engines. They're effectively subsiding the costs of more expensive to produce V8s for enthusiasts while gas prices are low.

I can already see displacement tax laws going through in the future, similar to those that China, Europe and much of the rest of the world have. These types of regulations here in the US could severely hamper V8 prevalence . In much of the EU hybrid and electric vehicles are exempted from these displacement tax rates. That's why the S-Class V8 hybrid exists.

Yes all those are possibilities, but it doesn't make a point against V8s being offered. If less people buy them, yeah eventually they could go away, but a lot of the comments being made point to automakers making the decision to stop making them because of strict fuel regulations or costs to manufacture or same power from smaller engines. If the market speaks and no one buys a V8, that is one thing, but say Ford killing the V8 because their Ecoboost makes just as much power is another. When you talk about performance cars and passion, there is no logic. It's a feeling and emotion. People who know it are in that niche market we discussed. They won't suddenly make the next GT a turbo V6 just because of the potential of higher gas prices or possible taxes. It just doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Also, the death of the V8 I think has been misinterpreted. Yes it has died or is dying in mainstream cars. Remember when family sedans had them? Trucks? Yes, in those types of cars you replace the V8 with a turbo 6. But when you are talking about something like a Mustang. A RWD coupe meant to be fast and fun, now it's a different discussion.