/fog/ Fallout General

Fuck Modding, Edition.

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2WNxNmoHlVM
gunetwork.org/
mega.nz/#!SsRRTa6A!unxrEOFDag2DXStc-gkMPAmpkLZsZHQ92OqneQVJ0_U
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10011/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9667/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8421/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10406/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13850/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12347/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10289/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18457/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11749/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16027/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12102/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14273/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19347/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19290/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for REMOVE LEAF

As far as I know the only way to make peace between the Nucleus and Far Harbor is replacing Tektus. To replace Tektus you have to do the mission where you find the real Avery's skull. DiMA takes those from you so you can't use them as evidence to have Far Harbor destroy Acadia.

Okay. And?

And then I can't wipe out Acadia without the Institute or the Brotherhood

youtu.be/2WNxNmoHlVM

So I've been using the Mauser pistol for like a week and I can't take it any more.

What are some good tutorials for learning to put custom animations into FO4?

Your Let's Plays are the best Recluse.

one of those animator guys who was here a while back offered to animate it and never responded

Wait if I make peace between Far Harbor and the Nucleus, can I just walk into Acadia and start busting heads with no repercussion from the other two factions?

Why? Why not just go in guns blazing yourself too?
Also, the jaw bone is only one piece of evidence you need.
You can also convince Dima to turn himself in to far harbor, and then they kill him.

I don't think I can convince him to turn himself in after he replaces Tektus. But yea I can just go in and smash heads alone.

Is there a mod that stops items falling through shelves and shit?

I know about OCDecorator, but I like having items around my base be moveable.

Recluse this is getting sad, please don't samefag as your biggest, gayest fan.

Also stop beating your poor sister.

>Is there a mod that stops items falling through shelves and shit?
DIYShelf and OCDecorator

shit clipping through is an engine bug and has been since forever

Damn. There's always been clipping, but it's never been this bad or this constant. What a pain in the ass.

They're just fucking floating there man!
The Castle is fucking haunted!

someday maybe this thread wont be so ded and gay in the early morning

>Survival
>You die in 2-3 hits
>They can take 5-10 pistol shots to the face and survive no problem

okay is there a mod that fixes this shit, it's really fucking annoying facing bullet sponges when you're made of fucking glass

Survival Options. Set your own damage values.

I like 2.75 both ways.

preview of lordofwars new armor pack

>lordofwar
I thought that bitch baby threw a legit shit fit and quit modding, taking his mods with him?

I wish I knew how to make models. I'd like to make things for the Gunners, plus some new armor for Raiders. Instead of this new tacticool SWAT coolio rainbow six tier faggoty ass looking shit.

He was tired of consolebabbies stealing his mods and putting them up on bethesda so he deleted all of them from nexus

He has all of them on GUN now

GUN?

gunetwork.org/

>Why don't we allow access to Established, Survivors or Initiates?
>Or to Members with 0 posts or to Guests? WHYYY!?!?
>I'll let @dragbody explain it for me:
>@dragbody wrote:
> There are a few reasons. Let me explain...
> 1. We want to protect the mod authors from dishonest users. Bandwidth leeching is not an issue anymore; however, mod leaking is.
> 2. The GUNetwork has always been about the community and friendship. Anonymous users soaking up our mods and never saying thanks or sharing a screenshot of the mods in action aren't who we want to be part of a community with.
> 3. We also need to protect the CONTENT of the mods. It's no secret that our mods frequently use ported content. As a result, there is a need to ensure our members are responsible people who will respect the fact that even the modders don't really "own" the mods. Thus the approval process is our way of screening users to help us share the mods in a controlled manner.

kek, what powerful faggotry.

i leak all of their mods anyways

>all the coursers, which are supposed to be the pinnacle of evolution + technology, are built as black men
Todd is the ultimate cuck

I'm a retard when it comes to guns since I never even held a real one, but how do you aim with that kind of magazine?

clips don't stay inserted, they're just guidance rails for you jamming their rounds down through the receiver into the internal magazine. This is also how many clip fed rifles, like the garand etc, operate. revolvers have a kind-of equivalent with the speedloader.

The clip is popped out after loading. Some guns do have top-mounted magazines though, like the aussie Owen Gun, and those tend to use side-mounted sights.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up anons.

tl;dr "suck our e-peens b4 u git mods"

How would one go about making a trigger to add the player to the Children of Atom faction after a certain point in the Far Harbor story so that they don't get attacked by Children of Atom in the Commonwealth? Because this shit is retarded.

the CoA in Far HArbor are a different group then those in The Commonwealth.

Being part of one group =/= everyone in other groups automatically knowing who you are and becoming friendly

Better idea. You can tell Mother Isolde at the Crater of Atom about visiting the Nucleus. She starts calling you the "Our brother from Far Harbor". Maybe link it to that change instead.

can you leak dragbody's titanfall armor for new vegas?

Post ENBs/Reshades.

What gets me the Inquisitor of Atom and what gets me the Crusader of Atom perk? Wiki just says they're both connected to Cleansing the Land.

>on phone
>see a post with the link for modern sidearms
>make mental note to dl it when I get home
>post deleted

Fuck
Anyone still has the link for the beta?

>Bethesda had some pretty decent forums
>They moved to new shittier forums
>Everyone hated it so they made new new forums
>the new new forums are veen worse

Sounds exactly like their game development history.

Except their games have gotten far better as time goes on.

unless you actually like Morrowind as anything but a barbie doll dress up game?

its probably in the other thread pastebin

idk tho, i wasn't here when you faggots split the thread

mega.nz/#!SsRRTa6A!unxrEOFDag2DXStc-gkMPAmpkLZsZHQ92OqneQVJ0_U

no clue whether this is latest or not, its from a few threads ago.

>Bugs that were around for morrowind still around, engine continues to groan under the stress of more and more scipts and bolted on features
>Writing gets worse and more generic with every iteration
>Every system has been boiled down more and more to the point that TES6/FO5 will be playable on a divekick control pad
>Better
Your average console gamer, everyone.

>Writing gets worse and more generic with every iteration
Have you actually played Morrowind? or any of Bethesda earlier games?

They had no writing.

But muh nostalgia

And?
>One of the top 20 most played games on steam
>Second most played single player only game on steam
>Still that popular almost a year after its release when 99% of other single player only games have dropped below 10K in half that time frame

Was this supposed ot be a negative post or?

Nice victim complex

All that, and another Bethesda game released 5 years ago is beating it.

Well. Looks like Skyrim Remaster killed this general.

RIP.

And TES has always had a far larger and more established fan base, with an equally larger and more established modding community.

Is it any surprise that the game series thats been alive since it first started is more played then Fallout, a game series that spent almost half its like dead in the dirt?

>tfw literally zero interest in reinstalling skyrim

>LITERALLY just 64bit with godrays

>tf2 only has a third of the players it had when I started
they fucking killed that game man and now they're just dragging the corpse around with the matchmaking bullshit.

>killed the game
>still in the top 5 most played games on steam 9 years after it came out

I think its more that there hasn't been an actual content update since 2014. EotL also left a sour taste in people's mouths.

Hopefully the upcoming Pyro update breathes new life into the game, and they add more than just ugly weapon reskins.

Many thanks famalamadingdong

The community overhyped Eotl.

Eotl was another instance of people getting overhyped and a timecrunch.
Also mcvee and the rest of the animators just stopped caring toward the end of the animations.
Plus valve kept sticking thier fingers in the pie with eotl.
The people that made the map for eotl didn't know that the map wasn't going to be included till the crates started dropping, and all the weapons were either scrapped or given to other updates.
Tl:dr valve fucked up an update. Wow.

They do look neolithic admittedly

Except there are more white coursers then there are black Coursers.

I personally think fallout 4 had better writing then f3 and f1 but not as good as f2 and nv. But f4 did mods companions and power armor the best. But the voiced protagonist was the games biggest problem. Probably the only reason they had that awful dialogue wheel with limited options. I'm hoping if obsideon makes a new fallout they won't use a voiced protagonist.

But Fo2 had some of the worst writing in the series, and was far below even Fallout 1 due its its memes and utterly one dimensional caricatures of NPCs.

Hell, Fallout 2's writing and design was so bad Avellone apologized for it, then tried to basically write New Reno and Broken Hills out of canon, outside of their most basic premise.

It can't really be as bad as fallout 3

>Implying Fo3 was all that bad
>gave the BoS and Enclave far more depth then they had in Fallout 1/2

There's always been a clear divide on 3 and NV. You're hardpressed to find someone that liked both equally. But neither game had a particularly weak world, which has always been the story in these games.

There always been a clear divide in Fallout in general.

Even when Fallout 2 came out there was aa massive chasm of a divide among the playerbase with those who liked it, and those who hated it for being too "memey"

Tactics didn't help either.

the only thing Fallout fans have ever really agreed on is that Fallout BoS sucked ass

Don't you talk about the best game in the series like that.

:^)

man, do i wish they remade fo1&2

not necessarily in the fo4 engine, just a slight touch up, like remaking them in the tactics engine would be great for me

also, i dont get why do people insist that fo3>nv or the other way around

i liked them both, couldnt say which one was better

i like fo3 because it ressurected a series that i loved

i like nv for the amout of dialogue and options it provides

but i dont think that one game>the other, they both have their strong and weak points

What made fallout 2 memey. What memes could they use in 1998

>also, i dont get why do people insist that fo3>nv or the other way around
Because both Bethesda and Obsidian have very devoted fanbases, and feel the need to defend everything they do.

apparently people didn't like the number of 4th wall breaking references to star trek and doctor who, godzilla and several other things

I put memes in quotation marks because meme isn't the actual word.

I meant more "full of dumb pop culture references and other stupid shit"

I was just too lazy to type it all out so I put memes instead

Any resource for recommended mods for new players?

If you are new as in "first playthrough new", then just play the game vanilla first, as it'll help you decide what you want to change.

So there's nothing that's widely considered a straight upgrade/quality of life improvement?

How do you guys get models from blender in 3dsmax?
Im using 2014 and it won't import my objs.
Says they are empty but blender and the 3d printer program that comes with win10 can both import it fine.
I would have gotten 2012, but i couldn't find it.

full dialogue interface if were talking about fo4

that is the only must have in my opinion

Is anyone shitposting in the /tesg/ thread with photoshopped images of bad design choices for special edition?

Yeah, FO4, I should have specified. I played NV with project nevada so I was wondering if there was something like that for fo4.

I didn't say that. There is plenty that can be argued is that.

However that's not the goddamn point. This isn't a game from like 1998 that requires mods to run and be playable. Dicking around with the game before you play it at all isn't conducive to learning the vanilla game's strengths and weaknesses

Whoops, didn't mean to tag.

the only thing that comes to mind is better locational damage, but the whole series (better explosives and the rest) overhauls 90% of the game mechanics so i wouldnt recomend for a first playthrough, its good if you want to spice up your 2nd or 3rd though, as you will die non stop

I played FO4 about three quarters through, so don't worry about spoilers or anything.

I recently got it on sale and I'm looking to mod it to make it good. How would I go about this?

depends on what you didn't like in vanila, i say dont fix what aint broke, so if a mechanic is fine for you dont try to change it

Most notable was the complete lack of weapon variety.

weapon mods then

merge plugins is your friend

weapon packs aren't really a thing yet though

weapon variety is an entirely personal choice thing and all we can do is say what we like.

Best way to solve the issue is to go to the nexus' weapons category and sort by endorsements and pick and choose what you want and then do the usual merging of plugins and leveled lists and whatnot.

i never liked weapon packs cause they tend to add too much shit but feel free to go for them, i just merge my weapons in a patch

personally i used these

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10011/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9667/? (one of my faves)

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8421/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10406/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15909/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13850/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12347/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10289/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18457/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11749/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16027/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12102/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14273/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19347/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19290/?

it all depnds on your taste though, these are the weapons i modded in

also, get legendary modification and a patch so the dlc works with it

So lads, which companion is your favorite?

ED-E and Ada, robots are the best

Rex and Dogmeat(s).

What Skyrim mods do I need to make my character look like this?

Veronica, Raul, and Rex
Nick and Dogmeat in 4.

In FO3, Butch, I didn't really like or remember anyone else.
I gave him a copy of my Kamen Rider outfit and he dispensed JUSTICE across the capital wasteland.

In New Vegas Cass was my girl, but I liked having Veronica, Arcade, and Raul around.

in FO4, there isn't really anyone that clicks with me. Most of the time I have Hancock around because I like his armor.