/w*g/ Wildstar General

Can't find decent copypasta in work edition

Site: wildstar-online.com
Steam app: store.steampowered.com/app/376570/

Drop 9 coming in November, including new Raid!
Halloween event is on.

Other urls found in this thread:

wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/
twitter.com/WildStarOps
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9
discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
ws-base.com/
forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/150810773/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holly fug

There is 1 poster in this thread.

needs dump

shiiiiit

quads can't lie

proper pasta for next thread:
The Wait is Almost Over Edition

>What is WildStar?
A Free-to-Play space-fantasy MMO with a focus on combat with aiming and dodging, an extensive player housing system, 20-man raids, platforming, PvP, ERP, and more.

>News, Announcements, and Updates
Redmoon Terror, WildStar's next raid tier, releases its first wing, Redmoon Rising, August 17!

>Official Links
wildstar-online.com/en/
store.steampowered.com/app/376570
forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/

>What server should I play on?
There are only two mega-servers depending on region. Entity for NA and Jabbit for EU.

>Server Status
twitter.com/WildStarOps

>/w*g/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/wildstargeneral

>Discord Server - Veeky Forums
discord.gg/014FGXMcRuqZfJlv9

>Discord servers (non-Veeky Forums affiliated)
General Server - discordapp.com/invite/0TrMr9NtcKuxgDn3
EU Server - discordapp.com/invite/0XxxgVSJaRtLDKkc

>Useful links
Trailers & WS Flicks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvkoaU6imUUolBSP5ftqUA4E
Gameplay footage & DevSpeaks: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l
WS Livestreams: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvlIWUCT2QRhyu76qOvf_R-C
Class builds : ws-base.com/ , forums.enigma-wildstar.com/viewforum.php?f=4

>Active /w*g/ Circles
Ask for invites in thread or in steam chat
Entity -
Dominion : DROPKIX (Whisper Ijio Nano, Kezan Nano)
Exiles : Space Dandys (whisper Bird Eye, Sly One, Rock Bro, Moxine Noire)

>Addons
mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5BcsgXtz

>Previously on /w*g/
source: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/150810773/

If you're not going to post some boysluts, don't bother making this thread again. It's literally the only thing Wildstar has going for it.

probably general should migrate here then

I missed you, /w*g/

Maybe one day we'll survive again...

holy shit it is back

Why?

That is the big question.

Carbine made so many dumb business decisions in the face of many challenges. Why?

>1: game launched before it was ready
You don't get a second chance at the first impression, and Wildstar's first impression for many was not a good one. Buggy and unstable. These were resolved over the next couple months, but if they had pushed back the release to resolve these issues things would have gone better.

>2: because they released before they were ready, the competed directly with WoW
Coming out right before Warlords of Draenor was a terrible mistake. Coming out a few months after, using the time to polish the game, would have been much better. Warlords of Draenor was not good, and people quitting WoW might have been tempted to try the game. Instead, people quitting WoW heard from the community "wildstar a shit lllmao" and passed it over.

>3: New IP with Weird theme
The goofy Science Fantasy with a lot of western elements was a huge turn of for many people. I love it personally, but to many, a non-tolkien universe is unfamiliar.

>4: Mechanical Unfamiliarity
Coming from WoW, movement and combat in this game feel VERY weird. It's fine once you get used to it, but I know people who quit because their character rolled down a hill or they got tired of having to move out of the red while questing. Healing is probably the most different, as outside of some Esper heals they don't use, there are no targeted heals - it is all area based. For people coming from whack-a-mole healing, this was an uncomfortable change.

to be continued

>5: Lack of casual content
In the beginning, even the low level dungeons would kick player's asses. Like, really bad. WoW mythic raiders found them challenging. While many liked the challenge, many also would have liked there to be some less challenging content without a huge narrative element like Adventures had.

>6: PvP was a clusterfuck in the beginning
PvP scaling was way out of wack at the start. It got better when they revamped the systems, but the damage was already done. Now PvP is actually pretty good, outside of a few balance issues regarding tanks. If you run into the cross fire as a melee you will die, but you can also not do that and pick off people on the sides like you are supposed to. For a lot of people, that is very different from WoW's hard targeted combat where you can run and do whatever and if nobody is targeting you, you don't get hit.

>7: after it went f2p, the cash store was dogshit
There is almost nothing on the cash store worth spending real money on, and the few nice things there are can be more easily purchased with in-game currency. It is only just now starting to get better, but it is doing so very slowly. I'm glad the game doesn't have blatant paywalls or money grabbing all the time, but Carbine sure hurt for cash as a result. I want to support the game I love, but right now buying things feels more like a donation than a purchase.

The cash shop is a big sticking point for me. The stuff that's worth getting is either cheap enough to get omnibits or just 'way too expensive', since you're used to paying with omnibits.

I've recently had to force myself to buy stuff without omnibits, because not using them feels wrong.

the pirate hook and clown hair are really cool I think.

They should have been adding items like that a year and a half ago during the initial f2p launch.

What the fuck

Agreed. Small items like this to get people to burn omnibits on, while other stuff would be bought with protobucks

I think they expected to make a lot of money from auction and character slots

There is only one megaserver, and I got 12 character slots for free, 6 costume slots, like 20 auction slots (wasn't the limit 13 during subscription? I don't remember), and 350 wardrobe slots. I am tempted to buy some wardrobe slots, but I can just spend bits on that.

Other things I would like to see that would be easier:
>more account claim dye packs, even just basic and simple colors
>more costume parts. How about headphones or a wizard hat? Maybe a pair of sweet shoes?
>stuff like account claim bags
>architect crafted items to also be available (bind on pickup) for omnibits. This would drain people's bits so fast!

You have 3 seconds to explain why you not playing right now

dead game

I have to clean my kitchen

when do the cross faction features come out? can my cute mechari play with the aurin yet?

November 9th

there is nothing wrong with aurin as long as they don't do furry ERP

remember that guy who was obsessed with that twitch wildstar streamer?

what can carbine do to attract new players? the sponsored wow streamers they did a few months back didn't seem to work

I don't think the game itself presents enough content to keep people playing

there is actually a lot of content for what it is

3 tiers of raids, 3 battlegrounds, arenas, warplots, 19 questing zones (unless I miscounted), lots of shiphands, a big handful of adventures, 6 dungeons.

The 6 dungeons really hurt, even more so that the community considers 3 of them to be too hard and doesn't do them at max level.

wow has more content, of course, but wow has also existed for 12 or so years. I wonder if in that time Blizzard has spent a full billion dollars on development?

Raid tiers don't matter when the community is so small and elitist that the average user cannot get into the raiding scene, 3 BGs is a bad joke, Warplots don't exist, Questing Zones are irrelevant untill they add in better Mentoring incentives and maybe FATE-style world events, Shiphands get old after one run, and no one has EVER done adventures

The endgame content for the core user is 3 daily hubs and a few dungeons. Carbine banked everything on raids and failed to realize the age of RAIDS ONLY ENDGAME #HARDCORE ended 8 years before Wildstar launched.

Which is a shame, the art style and housing kept the game "alive" to me for way longer than it deserved. Hopefully it will remain as a lesson to not ignore your QA and beta feedback in favor of some retards on Veeky Forums or reddit

>even more so that the community considers 3 of them to be too hard
Which three aren't done? I only know academy, rest are ez

vet academy
vet protogames
vet swordmaiden

they are getting more receptive to vet swordmaiden since with ilvl 120+ you can ignore most of the mechanics

>protogames
>too hard
>after the fuckhuge nerf to bevorage
shitters PLEASE get good

>implying most groups even make it to bevorage

>tfw always been shit

I always lose duels and feel terrible afterwards. Steaf stopped dueling me because I always lost.

It's okay, friend, I usually lose duels since I only run a simple bg spec.

A derpy sustained RF build should not lose to qc medic though

I never said I was good

I considered trying out other builds for pvp but they need too many assault skills to work it feels like, and not enough support or utility, or at least, less than I am used too.

Arcane missiles and Wild Barrage seem fun, but very bad. True shot doesn't feel right though.

I still don't even fully understand the mechanics of any of the rooms

there's a lot that you have to learn about that dungeon to be successful in it, and it doesn't reward you well enough to be worth learning

The trash slime boss made me have a pinch attack and I nearly deleted my first 50

Panic got autocorrect thanks phone

Last I checked the Dominion group was 100% dead with nobody but me logged on in months. So i uninstalled because I couldn't handle the questing anymore.

soon there will be cross faction guilds, parties, and raids

But will that make the game fun?

Friendship makes everything fun
Post Discord name and I'll invite you to the /w*g/ discord server, refugee

Feels good, man

EenKogNeeto i think

>EenKogNeeto
There should be numbers or some shit

forgot that part

this happened the other day

Here's the highlight from all my time playing Wildstar, which wasn't very long.

Show me how much of a shill you are, /w*g/

Show me how much of a shill you are, /w*g/

Slowly but surely

slightly shiller than you

LIVE damn you

farewell, friends

Good night, /w*g/

Also housing, feature that most of nowadays mmo lacking
To name a few common content, that you forgot: collections (mounts,pets,transmog aka wardrobe and lore archives, achievements), path quests (explorer rules), professions, public events.

XIV had decent housing, though not as much customization as wildstar, it was more comfy.

didn;t know about it,
however as f2p title ws seems to offer quite a lot, but still can't atract peple. There must be some deeper problem(s).

I think the weird theme and art style are deal breakers for a lot of people, especially when coupled with the movement and combat

it is TOO different, yet similar enough to make the differences really obvious

Dunno, weird theme and art was biggest selling point for me tbqh. Combat is fun too, especially after WoW locked tab targeting/ no dodging.
GW2 was way more different, at least for me. Damn, i remember how much frustation it was in '12 (again, after WoW). I mean, there was no fucking quests when you completed initial tutorial.

I think the biggest underlying issue wildstar has is the lack of an alternative to questing, which people are frankly sick of in mmos. Atleast the wildstar way (Kill X of Z...Kill Z of X...Over and over) Dungeons give too little EXP and are too hard to get a queue pop for, PVP is more or less pointless and too hard to get a queue pop for...leaving just the same quests over and over with slightly different fluff all the way to max level.

Which all is irrelevent endgame, but it means that theres not as many players /at/ endgame which really hurts a MMO

>PVP is more or less pointless and too hard to get a queue pop for
once upon a time it was actually a very fast way to level... but those times were long ago

I think the quest stories in Wildstar are actually pretty good, but aside from being well done, the quests aren't anything too new.

B&S has tons more quests though, and it turns way more profit in western markets than Wildstar does. Is it because it has more skimpy outfits and the boys with animal ears are cuter in that game?

why doesn't drusera wear pants?

>I wonder if in that time Blizzard has spent a full billion dollars on development?

I wonder how many billions they won from it.
When it peaked around 10kk players, that's roughly 100 000 000 (let's say sub is 10 dollar, difference in regions etc) cash every month consistently for years. Just from subscription alone. Really makes you think.

why are aurin such terrible rolemodels?

night losers maybe ill actually reinstall this game

Aurin are not known for their sense of responsibility. Before the arrival of the Exiles, their entire population was basically a big hippie commune.

A lot of Aurin, maybe even most of the Aurin, were left to die on Arboria when their Queen ran away. The Aurin you see on Nexus are most spineless of the Aurin.

I would love to see the lore move forward a bit and reveal that the Aurin left behind did eventually win*, but it forever changed them and they now seek vengeance on their former Queen.

*of course they win. the damned rats are too busy with their ERP to really fight properly and only did so well because the Aurin had no real technology to speak of. Just like how a bunch of rock men with sticks and stones managed to force a stalemate with the dominion armies.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

looks comfier than tbqh

does this game get harder? i finally get rid of my toaster and try it after all the "hardcore" hype and jesus. All the low level mobs can just be killed by just holding down 1, and then you HEAL AFTER EACH KILL killing any sense of grind or need to heal. why, why do modern mmos do this.

helparino

What level are you?

Shit, I wasn't expecting to see this again.

Here, have an Aurin.

dumb to bump

what level does the insta full heal stop

How the fuck do you get the pirate hook hand?

You buy it from the cash shop.
I don't recall an insta full heal at low levels, but then again, it's been a long ass time since I've leveled an alt.

>those first ten or so levels as a stalker exploding everything the second you pop out of stealth
It gets old eventually, but it also stops working after a while too so it works out.

Is he talking about the obscenely fast out of combat health regen at low levels?
That slows down as you level until it's barely noticeable as you close in on 50, enjoy it while it lasts.

so it does go away then, thank you

time to level

man im mabinogi and shin megami imaginethe lv 1 stuff 1 shots you into midlevel no fucking handholding there

If you want less handholding fight stuff 4 to 6 levels higher than you, especially the glowing red enemies with the red spikes on their target plate and the triangular skull icon above them

After level 15 or so you can actually die during quests if you fight level appropriate or higher level stuff

At level 20 you can do the first dungeon. You will have to spam chat to get a group, but you might find it to your liking. The normal modes of the dungeons got huge nerfs, but they still present more challenge than wow 5mans, and a group of five new people will almost certainly wipe when learning

I thought Imagine died.

it did,such a shame

Post houses/characters