Anyone know anything about bed liners...

Anyone know anything about bed liners? I know very little but I need a spay on bed liner that I can still slide things on. I use my truck to haul wood and some of the wood is pretty big and needs to slide out. Do these smooth bed liners work like that, or will they still have a rubber grip.

If you have an aluminum ford truck, you better get the best bed liner, because that weak piece of shit can't even handle a toolbox falling in the bed.

>This just in, aluminum is softer than steel. In other news, the sky is blue

What did you expect you fucking mongoloid. Ford is appealing to the market for people who want a big truck but use it as an suv; which is the majority of truck sales these days. I bet you shitpost about mall crawler too, you cretin.

>le ford meme.

Thats nice. But no. Its one model out of the 100 years by one brand thats been out for one year since trucks were invented. Thats like me assuming you have microphallus because your underwear is feeling loose.

I've hauled shit in trucks with line x and rhino liner. The rhino liner is way grippier than line x. It's a pain in the ass. The line x isnt near as grippy though. You can still slide stuff around on it fairly easily. It's not near as slippery as no liner or one of those cheap plastic drop in ones, but you can definitely still slide shit on it. So spray in liners aren't all the same shit. It would probably be best to check out a few different brands. Maybe get some samples if you can. If not, you probably wouldn't be disappointed with line x.

Desu those plastic drop in liners are a dream to slide cargo inside with

Those spray in liners are a bitch as far as sliding like say, cases of soda in.

Yeah those drop-in liners look like trash and they dont stop water from getting underneath them. Just had a thought tho. I could get a plastic dropin liner cut just for the bed, to "drop-in, when I go do wood if the line x is to grippy. Thanks guys.

>Yeah those drop-in liners look like trash and they dont stop water from getting underneath them.
They also get dirt and things underneath them then scratch the bed paint all up so it looks like shit when you do eventually remove it.

Nobody "needs" a bedliner unless you are selling the truck and want pretty. They serve zero functional purpose.

If your bed bolts go in from the top down covering them with bed liner is retarded because fuel pump changes are often much easier if you unbolt the bed instead of dropping the fuel tank. (You can remove the bolts, plug the holes, line the bed, and reinstall the bolts.)

Use a drop-in liner for ease of sliding (and ease of maintenance if your bolts are top down style).

If you cut up old drop-ins they are great for working under your truck since you can slide on them comfily.

>They also get dirt and things underneath them then scratch the bed paint all up so it looks like shit when you do eventually remove it.

Which doesn't matter since only reason to remove is to line or replace.

Trucks are for hauling. No bed lined or not won't look worse if used. Unless you are autistic and stare at your bed instead of using it, just use it.

It's a wear pattern not wear from use. It looks like garbage.

Either LineX/Rhino line or just leave it IMO. The plastic drop in liners are shit

Yeah, that to.

No, fuck you. I want to haul shit in it and look at it when im done. You must not have a truck you take pride in.

Theyre not good in all cases. Its a bitch to remove and if it ever traps water youre fucked. You cant slide cargo across it when loading either. Stop saying things are shit just because they dont apply to your life.

I likely haul far more stuff than you do, including welders, machine tools, metal etc. I even put a liftgate on one of my half-tons along with Timbren and conventional overload springs. It will carry a Bridgeport milling machine without squatting much.

If you want pretty, then buy the pretty. I take pride in what I DO with my trucks. I keep them in decent shape but I don't run a museum. If you do, choose accordingly. Plastic liners are easily strong enough for light work and if they show wear, swap 'em.

You can't swap out sun-faded or gouged bed liner.

You can throw away and replace drop-in liners so you can instantly have a new looking bed. That's probably the best call for your specific use case. The drop in liner tailgate protector won't interfere if you ever need to work on your tailgate latch. Liner can and does glue access panels shut.

Beds are an answer to the question of what you specifically do with your truck.

Personally, in my Colorado and Ranger, I used to use bed sheets or oversized tablecloths I found lying around areas in order to cover the inside of the bed when loading shit like this. Otherwise, I would actually put a full on dolly cart in my bed and use my wheel ramps to get it off.

A bed lining was still the best idea because you can just roll it back up and toss into the cab once you're finished with it.
Just use bleach or ammonia to clean it ever 3-5 uses.

If you haul wood, you'll get more on a trailer and they are lower and easier to load. That protects your bed and doesn't risk beating up other parts of the truck if your load shifts. Bonus is you can leave the wood sit on the trailer while using the truck for other jobs.

If you haul wood often, a headache rack is a nice way to keep it away from your rear window.

>big truck but use it as an suv
Holy shit you couldn't get anymore retarded. Trucks are meant for work, I bet inbred retards like you lift them to compensate for something and never used the bed to haul shit ever. Talk about a fucking mongoloid.
>lefordmeme
Not a meme, no nothings like you try to defend this. Hope you enjoy holes in your piece of shit aluminum bed.

>Nobody "needs" a bedliner unless you are selling the truck and want pretty. They serve zero functional purpose.
They stop things from sliding around and stop the paint from getting torn to shit resulting in rust

>If your bed bolts go in from the top down covering them with bed liner is retarded because fuel pump changes are often much easier if you unbolt the bed instead of dropping the fuel tank.
Cut a hole around the bolt head? Also I dont know of any modern trucks like this

Gm cuck detected

Say it with me: ecoboost

Yeah, thinking about building a trailer.

>Not a meme
>Doesnt read the post
>Just keeps the memes flowing.

Bed liners are a must for anyone who is constantly putting shit in their tray

>after two years My steel tub is full of rust holes, dented and scratched to shit
Doesn't help its shitty Chinese metal but still

HOPE YOU ENJOY HOLES IN YOUR BED shouts the GMcuck over the sound of his Silverado's bed rusting to pieces.

ecoBOOM
pic heavily related
still not a meme if the ad shows proof that the Silverado truck can take a beatdown of cynderblock being dumped in the bed while the F150 can't. Sounds like you are in denial.
The glory of this is that the bed will still out last the truck itself, I really do hope you enjoy holes in you fragile shit aluminum bed.

Lol, gm fannigger got triggered again

>if the ad shows
>the ad shows
>the ad
>ad
Rotflmao, stay BTFO

>buttmad because he can't load heavy stuff in his piece of shit aluminum bed without it having to puncture it.

You stay BTFO, Fordfag

>won't even bother to defend the corvette
>too poor to afford a bedliner

No need for a bedliner if the shit I drop in it won't puncture the bad, I can see why fags who drive new Ford trucks would need one since it can't take the abuse.

Stay BTFO

>literally admits it's the superior truck
Cool. Ford wins again.

QTDDIOT

I've been thinking about spraying bed liner on the roof of my car instead of re-painting it. Would this be a good idea? Anyone ever heard of spraying bed liner on anything else besides a truck bed?

>literally admits it's the superior truck
Nice lies, go drop a toolbox on your truck you fordcuck
stay BTFO

>PLEEEAAAASE BELIEVE OUR ADVERTISEMENT!!!
rotflmao, stay triggered

>real people not actors

>THIS ASSMAD AND IN DENIAL
B T F O
T F O
F O
O

>believing ads by gm
Just like when they said the corvette would set a sub 7 minute nurburgring time. Nearly 2 years later nothing has happened. Take your lies and shove em up your ass

>lies, said the fordfag
>n- no, it NOT TRUE!
>so much denial
Ford fags literally this retarded.
stay assmad alphonse.

>p-please believe our marketing department
Lol, stay BTFO

Nice projection btw

>projecting and deflecting
>weeb posting
>SPOOOON FEED ME MOMMY
Stay BTFO fordcuck.

shit faggots, calm down

>projecting
Stay BTFO

>still projecting
>Alphonse literally this retarded

>projecting
>ad hominems
>no argument
Lol, stay BTFO

You two are niggers

>fordnigger is super insecure
>mad because he can't load things in his bed without it busting a hole in it
>shits on GM for being superior over his favorite shitty car brand
>projecting

BTFO

Not an argument

Stay triggered
>PLEASE BELIEVE OUR AD!!!
You literally can load things in the bed. There have 0 complaints about the bed outside of this advertisement. It's clearly fake.

Stay BTFO

>still deflecting while projecting

>Not an argument
I don't give a fuck. You two are cancer niggers. Stop posting.

For the guys shouting about hauling shit the answer is just buy a used truck. Best feeling is that when you don't spend too much you don't give a fuck to an extent.

These aluminum fords are meh. They are new though. Most new trucks are not used to haul wood and shit.

>n- no there fake! the bed i- isn't fragile
A hailstorm literally destroyed the truck's body and bed with no bedliner. GM was right.
STAY BTFO

>please believe our ad
Lol, stay btfo

Stay triggered.

>delusional chevy guy
>favorite car company is a failure
>got bailed by the feds
>shit-tier interior
>shit-tier company
>won't admit that jap fags rules world

Nice projection

Fuck off weeaboo.

REAL PEOPLE NOT ACTORS

If we want to go by advertisements / brand propaganda
>Before the public release of the Ford series with Aluminum body panels they had them in use as a work trucks for some mining company
>The mining company was unaware of the aluminum and used them as they used their old fleet vehicles
>Said trucks held up perfectly fine with no notable wear

Stay triggered, you literally don't have anything to say because you know the new F150 is complete horse shit.
Silverado > F150. Stay BTFO
But you see, Ford's aluminum doesn't hold up well, I mean come on an empty tool box can puncture a fucking hole into the truck, even the bed which is like the heart of the truck. Pathetic.
They should of stuck with steel.

>the only source of it not doing well is a gm ad
Stay BTFO

▶▶▶ reddit

Hold the fuck on, you mean ford actually made the bed FLOOR out of aluminium?

Oh for fuck sake. What retard thought this would be a good idea?
Was the 2kg of weight saved over having steel worth it

>trying to defend his truck
>get BTFO every time
Kill yourself Alphonse.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Veeky Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Veeky Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it

>expects me to read all this
Wow, you get a golden star for trying, must of taken you all day.

Spotted the newfag

I have a drop in liner in my truck because it came with one. I prefer spray liners but in your case I recommend a drop in because they slide very easily and can take a better beating. If you own a ford you may want to sell it and buy a real truck, or consider a drop in with a spray in liner over that and perhaps steel plate underneath at the very least.

>people are still falling for the Ford/Chevy bed bait again.
Holy shit you guys.

>gm fangirls ragequit because nobody believes their memes
Lol

this.
Stay BTFO

stay triggered
/ thread u guys

gm fangirls on suicide watch as usual

This picture is fucking embarrassing.

Was there NOBODY on the fucking team who went 'hey guys, maybe we should not save this 2kg and instead make the BED FLOOR out of steel or at least thicker aluminium'

consecutives mired

>gm fangirls now samefagging
lol

least I got quad faggots.
quads determine that i'm right.
And that being the case I was right.
You Fordshills to insert yourselves into reality and realize that Ford, old and new, are absolute garbage, while Chevy can last for a long time.

You, stay blown the fuck out.

/thread

>quads
That's it? I've done better.

>please believe our ad
Stay triggered

Now go ahead and ragequit because nobody cares about your temper tantrums. I'm waiting

On the upside, I suppose you could use a drop-in bedliner on the aluminum Fords and not worry about rust, even if it does trap water.

I'll agree though, shit is embarrassing, even if the commercial is a bit extreme. A bed surface that delicate should come with SOME kind of protection, even a cheapass rubber mat or something.

>gm fangirls still samefagging
as expected

The bean counter approach is fine for economy cars. The sad thing is that these trucks are already in mass circulation and they are made of tinfoil.

Everyone agrees at this point, Ford is really a shit.

Yiff in hell Alphonse.
>nobody cares about your temper tantrums
you're the one to speak, you assmad Fordshill.
Go shit in the shell of your Ford as it sits there slowly rusting away because it never had a working motor under the hood.

It's just prezo and his ilk on suicide watch as usual
>ad hominem
stay triggered

>more projecting
as expected

>rust
aluminum doesn't rust

lol, stay stupid

>nearly 5 minutes since the last post
Does it really take that long to wipe away the tears???

>aluminum doesn't rust
>literally this retarded
Stop your giving retards a bad name.

It literally won't rust when it sits. Steel will. Stay retarded.

Aluminum corrodes but it does not rust. Rust refers only to iron and steel corrosion. Aluminum is actually very prone to corrosion. However, aluminum corrosion is aluminum oxide, a very hard material that actually protects the aluminum from further corrosion.

You're both stupid
>"your shitbox is rustier than mine!"
wew lad

>gm fangirls literally failed their biology class
OH! this is why they're so fucking stupid

see Stay retarded.

>retarded
Yes, you are. He literally proved your post wrong

And yours too you fucking imbecile.

Nope, learn to read. I only claimed aluminum doesn't rust. Which is 100% true.

>literally admits he's retarded
stay btfo

Yiff in hell, Alphonse.

Not an argument.

Go ahead and ragequit. I'm waiting.

You first furfag.

nah

What game is that?

STOP MAKING FUN OF GM OKAY

The wolf among us. The greatest game telltale ever made.

Oh thanks faggot, I don't really care.
>telltale
not only do you have a shit taste in cars, but boy do you have a shit taste in games too.
FORD < CHEVY
STAY BTFO

>implying it isn't one of the best decision making games of all time
stay retarded

ford>chevy

stay mad

Hold on let me fix that for you.
Ford < Chevy
Stay retarded.

Hold on let me fix that for you.
Ford > Chevy
Stay retarded.