Armored Core

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too

Newbie FAQ:
Is there a new Armored core?
Yes it was confirmed by Miyazaki on Sept, 21st to be a Reboot of the franchise: kotaku.com/miyazaki-gives-clear-answers-on-the-future-of-dark-soul-1786887531

What AC game should I start with?
There's a great infographic (which I would post here if I had it, someone give me a link) but most players recommend Armored Core 2 or 3 for old style games, and Armored Core For Answer or Verdict Day for multiplayer.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/miyazaki-gives-clear-answers-on-the-future-of-dark-soul-1786887531
ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core
4gamer.net/games/305/G030528/20160526060/
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/13/fromsoftware-has-three-games-in-development-with-one-likely-being-a-new-armored-core/#3a56f15f157a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

The only reason this general keeps dying is because we don't have a bunch of players in Asia bumping us at 3 fucking AM in the morning on a weekday. On weekends we usually hit the bump limit.

New flowers sprout out
From the bottom of page ten
We are born anew

>Kotaku
There has to be a better article.

Considering that it was Kotaku's own reporters that reported on it, speaking directly to Miyazaki, every other article you'll find is going to source that one. It doesn't matter what article is "better" that's the actual source.

I found a use for the Starlight head. It's resisting Tansies on a Tolima.

Yeah, I came to that same realization last year. There is also a build with 199 firing stability arms that resists 1505 KE using a Starlight head.

But in both cases the loss in camera performance (~20% less lock on range, lower stability/RR) isn't worth it compared to swapping around arm parts.

Best tolima build is using dual KE arms and a high camera head.

Basically, the gains in turning speed + camera performance far outweigh being able to block tansies. Especially since no one uses tansies anymore since you can just equip sniper rifles that will do more damage for equal lock on time.

There's literally no situation where a tansy is better than an accuracy tuned sniper rifle. Always hitting effectively will do way more DPS than plink damage from tansies, and if a tansy IS effective, then the opponent is too fast for your engagement time to ever be long enough to take advantage of tansy's faster reload time, and the muzzle velocity increase from the snipers will always be more accurate.

A game on the brink
Like autumn's leaves, falling down
Onward, Vagrant Guns

what is the point of this chart? i've been staring at it for minutes
>confirmed by Miyazaki on Sept, 21st to be a Reboot of the franchise
tell me where in the article it is "confirmed" to be a "reboot"

All this haikus are depressing yet with a hint of optimism, and is making me crazy.

Vagrant Guns?
More like Fragrant Cunts.

>kotaku.com/miyazaki-gives-clear-answers-on-the-future-of-dark-soul-1786887531

I asked if they were making a new Armored Core to which he replied, “We are making a new Armored Core. We are still in the early stages of development.” I asked how early, and Miyazaki replied, “I can’t talk about how early it is.”

there's also this, a second source that also spoke with him and collaborates it on the same day:ign.com/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

And this is the interview where they confirmed that one of the games (which must be AC by process of elimination) is a reboot.
4gamer.net/games/305/G030528/20160526060/

This is the US article translating that one: forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/06/13/fromsoftware-has-three-games-in-development-with-one-likely-being-a-new-armored-core/#3a56f15f157a

Point of the chart was speculation on when/if a new AC would come out based on the announce/release dates of prior games and what engines they are likely using

Your sense of wonder at things, combined with the way you type, makes you really adorable to me

Game dead once more
Gameplay changes unwelcome
Players divided

Why does every fun/cool build in this game suck competitively