Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

XX Edition

>News
MHXX (Double Cross) is REAL!

youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread (Cross-thread) (Cross-thread)

Double Cross MIGHT be cool when we start getting more info

How many "new" monsters will we get? 6?

3rd for series is dead

Keep crying and complaining but we both know that you'll still play this game like a good little capcom puppet that you are.

Styles were first derived from Frontier's style, which amounts to just swapping out some moves for other moves.the horrible part is SR grinding

Then when Generations became a local success, Zenith Style was created to capitalize on the success of Aerial/Adept.

It can't be cool if it keeps X's flagships, XX's flagship, Hyper and Deviants.

Gonna have to learn how to HBG without the limiter on.

So far, a new Diablos subspecies/deviant and the jet dragon. New recurring monsters include Barroth and Barioth.

we Frontier now

I want to KILL the Meowstress to show that we, the TRUE Monster Hunter fans, want MH5 instead of MHXX!

Calling it now. GL is going to be over buffed and will be the most used weapon in XX.

It's time for another Culling of hunters!
if you aren't strong enough to Brave the Frontier then make your peace now and stay behind!!!

sh-shut up
capcom has me on a really fucking tight leash and I hate it

WE COULD'VE STOPPED IT

They got rid of SR grinding by the way in Japanese Frontier.

Still have GSR but it's not a gate for you to actually do anything anymore, just passive updates.

I do think Frontier's method with Zenith where they take portions of Gen's arts and just make them part of the regular moveset is far and away better than anything Gen did.

Joke's on you I haven't touched the games since 4.

But I fully expect everyone to be defending the new monsters in a year from now on and bringing up tons of arguments about how its not "Frontier" at all.

Like how it always happens.

Only the Jet dragon is new unless you count Deviant Diablos.
There can be non-flagship new monsters like Malfestio but this is Capcom.

What about the difficulty books?

yeah well I'm calling that it gets even further nerf that it's below even HH

Who's starting up 3U again here?

Anybody wanna hunt in Gen right now? I've got some super fun Dreadkings I'd like some company on (VI through II, going backwards)

the Frontier is here!

We'll have a new final boss, but I don't expect more than that.

Don't think those have been in for quite a while.
They got rid of the penalty for newly SR'ing into a weapon around the time I got to SR originally.
They really eased up on a lot of things recently.

Instead of HR 999/SR 999 to G, it's just around 30 odd Keys/Urgents Though one is repelling Supremacy Black Ian, they have armor spheres to upgrade non-G armor, and SR is pretty much automatically unlocked once you hit HR 5.

>they expect to sell 2 million copies by the end of March

Will they do it?

Not starting it over, but I do have a G-rank save if you wanna play.

GIGGINOX IS FUCKING NEVER GOING TO COME BACK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKK

Still happy that barioth is back

So what's the tl;dr: from the video stream they had?
Was there any other new info besides HH being fixed?

>XG was announced

Now I have a valid excuse to drop Gen and not feel bad about it

Probably not, 18-31 is short, G games sell less and there's even less incentive to buy a G anniversary game.

Frontier is not a bad word!

Didn't play Gen. Won't be playing this crap. But at least you admit what a little Capcom cock sock you are.

Has this guy got any new info (or did his friend get a lucky guess)

How is Japan taking it?

The final boss will be an elder dragon pretending to be a Chimera to capitalize on Nakarkos's success at bringing forth the Hydra idea

"I don't even play anymore"
>plays for another 200 hours

You can import your Gen save to Gen U, so you might still want to get anything you've neglected.

>Someone saved it
Fun Fact: I got hit around 6 times before getting that down.

Tonfa's forward step is terrible for i-frames.

We got Raging Sandstorm as the battle theme for the other desert map.

>Brave Hammer is surprisingly fluid
>Brave LS is basically Guard Points and looking cool
>New area and its soundtrack are super comfy
>Barroth U MUD is seen in the Dos desert
>Barioth in the Arctic Ridge

Pretty much it, they were about to fight Valfark but closed shop not to spoil the fun

Of corse they will. It's MH in Japan.

So are there further details on the import? Is it all your progress imported? Just your high rank? Your gear and items?

Gen U won't be released for another year or so.

Hey that's my brother's signature move.

Will they fix (((gunlance)))

Brave mode seems a tad broken.
It's a demon gauge mechanic, but for all weapons. GS gets an instant charge, LS gets a critical juncture in its move set.

I've always seen people i-framing FU Plesioth's hipcheck but I never managed it.
Without Evade +, that is.

Nah, I'll start it over again, new stuff and further changes are best savoured from LR as starting point. I'm actually looking for it, to be honest.

They'll add another level to Dragon's Breath that makes it work like Heat Blade from Frontier, complete with insta-charged shelling if you follow up from poking since its what produces the torch from the muzzle.

"Yes you can use your save data from MHX and continue on the new content"

Is what Gaijin Hunter said. I imagine you'll get to keep everything. Doesn't make sense that they'd let you go into G-Rank but you have no armor.

brave gunlance most roman combo calling it now

Sup, literal vocal minority.

Last time we had 12 deviants.
How many deviant will there be this time?
And what will they be?

I don't think it was unreasonable to believe X was just a standalone game as a love letter to the series with all of it's bells and whistles. But at the same time it also wasn't unreasonable to expect a G version of it because that's just how MH do
Even so, I didn't find X to be nearly as good as its predecessors, and XX doesn't even look like it has any real spark of its own. New style that makes the game easier than Bushido did, deviant of a monster that nobody really wants to fight a deviant of, a fucking dumbass rocket dragon. G rank deviants sounds almost worse than Apex to me. Does G rank dreadking sound fun to you?
Unlike previous G entries, I don't feel like I'll be missing anything by passing it up. See you in MH5 lads

Yeah, dodging with no evade skills is a tricky business.

I only reliably get it on moves the speed of Narga tail sweeps and usually eat shit on anything slower or longer.

I just wouldn't want to slog through the gathering quests, to be honest.

>Valfark
Cringe

Same twelve, plus Diablos.
Lvl 20 Hellblade is Hunt two Hellblades, with a Bulldrome respawning all the time, and Bullfangos on the map.

a real love letter needs G-rank
see you in MHXX

>threadkiller
I don't get it.

X was mediocre but people are willing to give CAPCOM the benefit of doubt in XG, so it's better to wait and see how things turn out.

>mfw I loved X
>mfw hyped for XX
>mfw all the asshurt this has already caused

@158560625
sup, literal shitposter

Nope. Sorry user, you thought you were making a point and it just blew up in your face

That sounds too good to be true tbqh. I expected them to just let you import only the hunter rank. How was this with the japs going from 3- 3G and 4 - 4G?

If you love it so much, then why don't you have a room up RIGHT NOW?

>Deviant Lagiacrus
>Its basically someone's pet Lagiacrus that has been genetically modified through 伝承の儀, set loose to the wild.

They'll be reworked for sure, no need to cram so much in LR roster when there will be village HR too.

Pretty sure they had to start from scratch.

>Deviant Lagiacrus
>it used to be a hunter

>that's just how MH do
More like that's how Capcom does. Just look at all the Street Fighter games. It's a bitch move from the consumer point of view and a brilliant move from the marketing point of view, and they've been at it for decades.

of course some neo-weeb waifushitter "it's not gay, they have breasts" fuckwit would love ichinose pissing in their mouth

this is a bad joke if you can't tell, still disagree with you though

But there is a village HR, you just have to unlock it through the hunter's hub.

Because I just woke up and I'm hungry

>They'll be reworked for sure,
Sup retard.
They never reworked low and high rank on G-titles before, why would they start doing it now?

Why is nobody talking about the new thigh goddess?

You better join the room I just put up when you're done eating, then.

Room's up, errybody: 43-0743-1461-5709

Why is nobody talking about the new fuccboi questgiver?

You tell me, why wouldn't they start doing it now?

comment on this picture

I can't wait to harass Charlotte tomorrow and ask her about XX!

>blew up in your face
how do I even know that's your 3DS
how do I know you don't have another 3DS
you can't prove shit!

I'd be interested in importing my save, though to be honest, I wouldn't want to pay $40 for 1/3 of a game (the G-rank portion).

We gotta see her face first

Because complaints about it never reach Capcom somehow.

Zinogre is the worst monster.

Will they fix CB?

HH Hype

WE MACHU PICCHU NAO

I want a Zinogre puppy.

Bhaalphark

LR and HR quests don't get reworked
G-rank quests/challenges/dlc get added and that's about it questwise, the LR/HR portion is complete

>zinogre isn't really muscular enough
>don't really like the artstyle but those cubs are cute
>wait what's that to the side?
ohhh noooooo

It's actually Barufaruku

If I can import my savedata into it, fine.

But there is no fucking way I'm doing all those fucking gathering and village quests again. No. Fucking. Way.

seesee

Brave CB is shaping up to be moving away from overreliance on Absolute Evades, and I like it.

How does it work for shit like the village advanced quests? Are they gonna move the Hayabusa Feather to a G-rank advanced quest or leave it in high?

why does Zinogre look so gay in these!!!

Baalfalc