Old World Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WNxNmoHlVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for Enclave a shit

Second for best waifu

third for bane?

>tfw no psychoanalytic cardiac-dampening sneaky stealth gf

Figured while I had the page open on the wiki I'd look for cool trivia about the suit (which is genuinely my favourite armor in the game), only to find literally nothing of interest. What a shame.

>>>/fog/

Your waifu is a degenerate whore.

this is man's country. no waifus allowed. raifus only.

>Stealth Suit Mk 2
Protective, cares for you
>Maria
Pure, will kill for you
>Esther
Big girl, for nukes
>Tandi
President of the NCR, may or may not have been raped by raiders
>FRANK HORRIGAN
Loyal Patriot, definitely not raped by raiders

So is this the official list of /cfog/ approved waifus?

>>Stealth Suit Mk 2
She's a whore that'll happily let anyone use her.

Post your Courier!

*grabs you by the throat*

>totally approved tier
Stealth Suit Mk 2
Maria
Tandi
Frank Horrigan

>sparks debates tier
Cass
ED-E

>occasionally mentioned and not disallowed tier
Esther apparently

>/fog/ tier
Veronica
All companion mods

>*grabs you by the throat*
>spamming waifushit on this thread

What even is this?

>Ave, get out of here stalker

Why do you have a 2-tone leg?

>tfw no good face system like skyrim

Reposting this that some kind draw user made for me.

Hats off to you sir, wherever you are.

Any profligates here? I wanna kick your ass.

Bring it on fuckboi :^)

come and get it sissy skirt boy

Why did the power armor have to be the only good part of 4?

because it was easy to make it good but harder to make the rest better than nv. speaking of power armor in fallout 4, do you think double power armor would be cool? like power armor in power armor.

There needed to be something going for it, Power Armor and shooting shit are the only reasons I can play Fallout 4.

What I don't get is why they barely have any different types of Power Armor, there's only like 5.

>tfw T-60 would be completely lore-friendly if only Bethesda didn't push their "EVERYTHING IS PRE-WAR" agenda down everything's throat

Give me cause, Profligate

It's not a good idea.

>like power armor in power armor
no that's stupid

That is my courier!

its stupidly good more like it. gurren laggan up in this bitch.

Anime is retarded and so are you.

So first time in a fallout general, is fallout online actually worth playing?

I've never played fallout 1 or 2 before.

yeah i do admit i like retarded stuff. were you expecting me to be embarrassed or ashamed?

you should play 1 and 2 before online. they are very good games.

online is pretty fun if you have friends to play with and you know how the game works.

>they didn't make it a bos only armor thats an upgrade to the t-45s found in DC
>this is despite the fact we hear bos scribes in the citadel talking about having to upgrade their power armors and could have done so with salvaged enclave tech
>its a 'prototype' but is found all over bawstun and every bos member has a full set

>No mention of my darling annabelle

>original T-51b has a helmet that evokes an image of a medieval knight
>Enclave APA has a really cool and evil look to it, half-insect, half-demonic goat
>T-45d and T-60 have round pig nose
uh okay

So, Caesar giving orders from beyond the grave?

>T-45d and T-60 have round pig nose
I mean I see it but thats more true about porkfire

>They discontinued the duraframe eyebots for this shit
enclave is retarded

You know, the funny thing is, I don't mind Hellfire all that much. It looks like an evil beast, I think it's the small vision ports. I also don't mind FO3 version of APA, I think they look okay. T-45d pisses me off, though.

It may look ugly but it's the most protective power armor to date.

Legatus Lanius is on the march. When he arrives, the real slaughter will begin.

>Lanius just bludgeoning NCR grunts to death with the blunt end of Blade of the East because they aren't worthy of receiving the sharp end
wtf I love Legion now

I'm still triggered that they exchanged fucking drones for something that they already fucking have. Beth logic at its best.

>Beth logic at its best.
You mean Obsidian?

>Beth logic
um

hellfire armor is a f3 thing

Yes, and the log that mentions it being developed in favor of "duraframe eyebots" is a New Vegas thing.

But the whole "Enclave discarded the eyebots for Hellfire armor" is in NV. It's part of the Lonesome Road DLC.

You did play New Vegas, right?

This reminds me, what exactly is the difference between the duraframe eyebots and the Fallout 3 eyebots? Or are they the same thing? It's been a while.

You know, this would actually make sense if NV did take place before Fallout 3, like originally intended.

>being forced into a corner by Bethesda's retardation is Obsidian fault

there's only so much you can do to try an explain todd's logic.

duraframe ones are like ED-E
more advanced and tougher versions of the normal ones

there may have been something about personality modules

>le bethesda boogeyman xD

There's like a thousand reasons to hate on Bethesda, no need to make up a fictional one.

>>>/fog/
go away todd

How so?

ED-E is in the Mojave essentially because Autumn had the Duraframe project discarded in favor of the Hellfire project.

ED-E was sent from Adams AFB, which means he probably was sent away from Washington during the events of Fallout 3.

Good boy

Wait
Is your argument seriously
"A Fallout 3 character made a bad decision in New Vegas, this is Bethesda's fault"

not him, but I don't know what the argument is even about and I've been reading the whole comment chain

>I don't know what the argument is even about
War without end.

?

With angry eyebrows

>O

Just looked in on this conversation, and honestly, he does have a point, but not for the example he has given.

There are plenty of stupid shit in NV which is a thing because Bethesda has made it so. The layout of vaults, caps being a thing again, t45 power armor etc

>horse-faced humanoid robot waifu with green hair
do you people really play the whole game like that

Eh, they mostly elevated it with their writing. Like, I like that NCR money exists but since it's Mojave and since they got their silver (?) mines raided by BoS it's not exactly a popular currency.

What would be better, Stalker style game in New Vegas setting, or vice versa?

>NV in Stalker setting
>interaction focused slav merc sandbox rp
>settlements are rarer and more militarized, but lots of quest givers and conversation trees
>anomalies and mutants exist, are not super dangerous to the well traveled
>labs are less dangerous but more common and have lots of lore
>less faction combat, more diplomacy and subterfuge
>respawning pseudodog companion
>only vodka

>Stalker in NV setting
>combat focused wild west sandbox shooter
>settlements more common but more hostile to outsiders (e.g. BoS shoots on sight unless you have an invitation)
>shooting and scavenging, lots of broken weapons and wandering enemies, more spontaneous faction combat
>strange monsters roam around and attack, often in packs, anyone can get killed
>explore monster-filled vaults to collect data from their experiments for interested parties
>join a faction and conquer the wasteland while pursuing personal goals
>squat around campfire with other drifters, but largely adventure alone
>all kinds of booze

Hey /cfog/,should i play Ressurection?

What's wrong with the T-45? It was initially a Van Buren concept.

this
>prewar
>looks like a primitive early model
the only fault was the entire brotherhood had them with little explanation

Neither, really.

I'm also not sure why you consider Stalker mutants more dangerous. I mean sure, an overleveled with all DLCs Courier fears nothing, but a early-mid level Courier runs into a Deathclaw and he's fucked. The thing is crazy fast (especially if it's a mommy), has iron skin and kills him in one swipe. And they are pack animals. Stalker has what, pseudogiants? They're dumb and slow.

The explanation was they found a huge supply of them when they took over The Pentagon.

Was it described in VB as "crappy-looking with huge pauldrons"?

I don't know, I think they never even designed it.

I don't think the model is that bad-looking, after all it's supposed to be one of the first power armors before the T-51b entered service.

>I don't think the model is that bad-looking
Well, I do, that's pretty much my main beef with it, really.

Pseudogiants are pretty easy unless you're out of ammo or stuck in a phone booth with one, though, kind of like fighting a Super Mutant who only has a melee weapon. A better comparison would be the Chimera, which is also fast, aggressive, and deadly (but only shows up in one game).

Also, when I said well traveled, I meant high level NPCs and Couriers, so we actually agree on that part. There's more of a difference between a high level, all DLCs Courier and an early-mid Courier than an endgame Stalker and an early-mid Stalker, so I was just trying to reflect that. Didn't mean to put down the lethality of Fallout monsters.

i never tried it, story sounds dumb. but the creators spend 10 years making it sooo....i guess why not give it a shot.

I think the deal is that Fallout monsters are a great deal more lethal, but Fallout setting gives you access to some extremely potent futuristic toys to go toe-to-toe with them. Stalker is more down-to-earth in that regard, thought the beta did have a minigun...

>Bozar is a state-of-the-art full-auto sniper rifle machinegun thingy, crafted with unrivaled precision
>Is less accurate than a modded minigun
>Less DPS as well, not to mention no AP effect on default ammo

That's fair. Aside from the few mind-melting assholes that pop up, it's safe to say the monsters are more designed for a somewhat above average dude with a surplus military rifle and a pocket full of old sausage as opposed to a regenerating cyborg in power armor with a plasma rifle who can slow down time to aim shots to the face.

>People don't understand transhumanism
I'd gladly be a brain in a jar in a robot body if I could.

Human bodies are actually pretty well designed, self-repairing machines. Just need to iron out some quirks like aging and illnesses and we're done. Thought Fallout isn't really biopunk.

Being a robobrain is pleb tier, cybernetics is where it's at

> cybernetics
> not genegeneering
Have fun breaking and becoming obsolete in a year, fuccbois.

you can't upgrade forever

You can keep breaking and needing extensive maintenance forever, though. Human body is quite literally constantly self-repairing, unlike any metal.

Organic armor when?

i really feel for Obsidian, i know this was said 10000 times but they did made best out of shitty Geybryo and actually made viable Fallout game (even if its open world FPS),and something resembling an real RPG.
People talk about FONV even today, mod community is strong ,fans make projects that could be compared to base FO3 game(or better), yet Beth took all the glory, they have one cult fallout game(fonv),they took all the praise and Obsi just got flack(press called it unoptimised and buggy, yet main fault was in power of consoles).

I bet FONV will be rembered much longer than FO4(i just cant forgive Beth that they dared to rape this IP so hard, im not Amerifat but Fallout is part of USA gaming legacy, same as Star Wars(in movie world),if not that big).
I reinstalled FO4 maybe 5 times, always believeing it was my fault, i kinda went wrong way, chosed wrong build/wrong side, its a long game, it will pick up the pace... and i deleted it 5 times(lvl 20 is breaking point for me, no matter what way i tried).
Worst part is, i wasnt even hyped for the game(honestly,when i saw promo settlement building i just crossed the game) so i had low expectations and even with that mindset i was heavily disapointed. Its a fucking Fallout, fuck sake, i would be honestly more hyped by real F3 by Obsidian(no gamebryo or fps, let them chose best way game should be developed) than for fucking HL3 at this point.
poor thing got raped 4 times:BOS,that ps2 birdperspectiive shooter by BI ,FO3 and lastly FO4.

how the fuck do i make a calberx patch for mil's ak

>do you people really play the whole game like that

You gotta switch things up sometimes, you know?

Yes. It starts off kind of slow, but it gets better and better once you reach Sedit.

>it's better to require a complex mixture of fats, proteins and vitamins in order to self-repair over the course of days, weeks or months than it is to be repaired in hours using that rare, mystical substance known as "steel"

That's not even getting into the subject of crippling, permanent injuries or self-repairing machines.

SO UGLY. WTF MAN.

>tfw Vault 11 spooks me to the point where one of the traps almost killed me irl because it almost gave me a heart attack
I swear, every vault makes me feel scared, but 11 takes it to a whole new level.
>tfw you'll never be sacrificed for a nice and quick death

Gee, aint that convenient?

At least it makes sense, unlike a lot of other shit Bethesda does.

youtube.com/watch?v=2WNxNmoHlVM