What features have you become so used to that you wouldn't buy another car without them? For me, the list is:

What features have you become so used to that you wouldn't buy another car without them? For me, the list is:
>remote start, factory installed
>heated seats and steering wheel (cold northeast winters)
>Bluetooth stereo

Optional strong inclination (e.g. it wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but it would be seriously considered)
>Heads-up display

The only thing I'v really been spoiled with is bluetooth stereo.

If I needed an aux cable to get music off my phone and into my car speakers is just annoying after bluetooth

Ecoboost

For me its just AC.
Im not a lazy bastard and i dont mind cold that much.
But i get headaches easily when im overly hot. And AC is the best thing ever

>Deal breakers
convertible
Limited aftermarket
Non defeatable traction/stability
european manufacturer
No v8

>ill live without it
Heated/cooled seats

Aux jack > Bluetooth

>door locks
>Good stereo
>Power brakes
All I really need. Everything else is secondary

LMFAO
>mfw bought a base model car brand new
>no heated seats no heated steering wheel
>no blue tooth radio
>no remote start.
Don't need any of that bullshit the only thing my car doesn't have that I want is a sunroof.

VTEC

Even base model new cars have AC, heaters, power locks, power windows, heater and an aux cord. That's pretty trick tbqh.

wireless over wired imo
it's not like I need to play Hi-Fidelity sound through my car's speakers.

>DAB radio
>powerful lights
>non-cramped engine bay

Thankfully the two first ones are fixable for pretty much any car

>power steering
>comfy seats
>AC
>aux Jack

Fun to drive.

None. I want a simpler vehicle with as little electrical BS as possible.

>working windows
>seat doesn't recline when I lean on it
>doors open and close properly
>engine works

I'm spoiled to be honest familia

central locking

It's not about a need, it's about a want. Thanks for projecting how poor you are though.

Climate control and electric windows. I'm a simple man but these things are must haves. Also central locking and windshield defog are a given in any daily drivable car anyway, and an aux jack is a nice plus.

Heated windscreen
Stereo with a USB port
Functional heating that doesn't stink of burning oil
Functional wipers
Power steering
Power brakes
Electric windows
Independent suspension
Disc brakes
Insulation against road noise and cold air outside
High MPGs
Peppy acceleration
Traction control/ESP
ABS

Y'know, standard things in euro-spec non-econobox cars.

>and an aux jack is a nice plus.

is there even such thing as a modern car without an aux jack?

> Keyless entry
> ABS

I'm pretty sure you can order a base model truck and have cranking windows.
But it's also a truck, and I think any minor package uprade automatically requires electric windows.

This.
Next thing car companies will be doing is getting rid of the aux input to add a slightly larger component of something that's already mediocre.

Reliability

>I'm retarded the post
I didn't mention anything of what you said that my car didn't have. My car has all of that.

All economy boxes have these options. Already 96 % do.

Central lock

Power windows, kill yourself if you're one of those fags that think there's nothing wrong with manual windows.

Keyless entry... how the FUCK is this still an option on some cars?

Moveable steering column. You shouldn't be allowed to own a car if you can get into different cars and not be pissed off about the retarded angle/height of the column.

must have either an aux jack or bluetooth. if it had a shitty sound system I'd install an aftermarket.

aside from that I will never buy another car with leather/leatherette seats that don't have air conditioning. would buy light colored cloth though.

V8

this is you

I am a very angry and high stress person. I should start smoking weed.

>peppy acceleration
>96% of econoboxes
CARB has been challenging, along with higher muh MPGs while facing against airbag/safety requirements that increase weight.

my audi had bluetooth aux but i rarely used it because the audio quality was fucking trash.

rather have the audio cable.

and as long as i have keyless entry im happy. walking upto your car and unlocking it manually is a pain in the ass.

RWD LSD w/ disconnected rear brakes
would have said V8 but im warming to I6s

>power steering
>power brakes
>automatic transmission
>disc brakes
>central diff lock on the fly

My car still has roll down windows.

When I drove a friend's Malibu I thought I had lept ahead to the future.

i mean you had, technologically speaking

>tfw my shitty car cant even park itself

>remote start, factory installed
A U T O
T R A G I C

Protip: stop being a numale

>i mean you had, technologically speaking
At last I truly see

But really tho, it amazed me
>key fob unlock
>push button start
>can barely hear the engine, thought I didn't push the button hard enough
>infotainment on the dash instead of a clock and radio buttons
>padded faux leather instead of cloth
>couldn't hear much road or wind noise whatsoever
>soft touch stuff everywhere
>automatic transmission
I felt like I was in a padded cell

>>tfw my shitty car cant even park itself
>tfw my shitty car cant even sense rain

wouldn't help mate, you'll just get paranoid/irritable/both

what you need is xanax and opiates

>can barely hear the engine, thought I didn't push the button hard enough

I hate not being able to hear or feel engines in cars nowadays. New cars with soft af clutches also make me rage.

>old roommate has Kia Soul in manual
>at the time I had a gutted EG6
>he lets me borrow it because mom and friends flew out to see me in Hawaii and he was going out of town
>start car
>silent af
>begin to pull out
>suddenly not going anywhere
>there's no difference in feeling between the engine being on or off
>didn't realize I stalled it
>car literally gave no feedback

Then his friend rear ended him driving a YJ with bullbar installed and totaled the fuck out of the Soul.

Im just happy owning a car really.

Bonus if its naturally aspirated, revs high and has a 6 speed manual.

>aux cable input

That's literally it.

My car now has heated seats and I live in Canada, but I won't die without them.

Bluetooth sucks for audio. I guess when you listen to trash in a trash format, most likely 128kbps .mp3, you just don't care about quality

Yep. I know the tone and RPMs of my car like my heartbeat. Modern cars I can't hear shit until about 3.5 grand. It's too insulated.

>New cars with soft af clutches also make me rage.
This too. In my old shitbox I can feel the clutch whirring through the pedal with a well defined grab point. Modern cars I just kind of slowly bring it out under throttle with barely a buzz through the pedal because the bite point is mushy.

>car has $1000 stereo system
>uses bluetooth
I'll never understand this either.

Unless you're building an SQ setup (which is an insane waste of money) car audio will sound exactly the same over bluetooth or CD or USB or auxiliary. The difference between bluetooth and auxiliary are negligible in the first place and when your phone is 3 feet away from the receiver either way, it won't make a difference. Bluetooth wouldn't be preferable on a high-end home entertainment system but you're an idiot if you think you could tell the difference in SQ between any input method in a normal car setup.

Keyless push button start. I feel like such a chump when I drive my 2010 Tacoma and have to root around for keys, put them in, use the remote buttons to unlock the doors. It's so pedestrian and inconvenient I bought a kit to convert it.

>Non defeatable traction/stability

> turn off tc
> still goes beebeebeebee and corrects as you get the least bit sideways

The worst is imma die in a non tc vehicle because I've gotten so used to it I've lost any feeling of when a vehicle should go sideways and list the skills to react myself.

modern bluetooth can easily handle the bitrate required for high quality, even lossless, digital audio.

actually a properly set up bluetooth system will give you higher fidelity than the same files played through an auxiliary input since you are transmitting a digital file directly into a digital playback device instead of converting the file to an analog output then back to digital.

A manual transmission. It's more stressful to drive and requires skill and practice but it makes up for it by being fun and giving me more control. Also I don't have to worry about my car being stolen

Same. I was using an aux cable for my car but LG fucked up the drivers for the G3 so jingling the wire a little makes the phone bring up voice commands and it is really fucking annoying so I just got a bluetooth aux adapter and now I don't have that problem.

A/C and power steering.

I don't buy into all the new electronic shit in cars. I don't want to get cucked out of the true driving experience by the wifi-enabled, twat-dazzling jew.

manual transmission
uncomfortable ride that really lets you feel the slightest turns and changes in velocity
engine noise in cabin

>implying i look at the speedometer

>implying the dac in the car is better than the dac in my player
No.
And bluetooth's theoretical maximum throughput for audio is 328 kbps. If you have variable bitrate mp3's they're being manipulated into a cbr by bluetooth as well.

>want to buy barebones 86
>they only sell the barebones version in Japan
I know that feel.

Base model fiestas/sparks/etc have crank windows.

Mind you these are my expectations for a Daily Driver.

>Automatic Air-conditioning
>Electric windows and mirrors
>Heated front and rear windows
>Foglights
>Bluetooth stereo with loudspeaker function to receive and make calls. preferably with built in (DAB+ receiver)
>Cruise control
>ABS and ESP
>Airbags
>Remote locking and unlocking
>Fully adjustable seats
>Disc Brakes
>Transparent headlights
>Power Steering
>Ability to disable frontal airbags with keys.

For all those that complain about bluetooth, it's good enough for most stuff sure it might have issue with FLAC, but your car is not a fucking concert hall, so Bluetooth does decent quality.

I have an eight years old car with only a radio and CD in a non-DIN interface. I'm completely fucked in terms of connections.

time to replace your stereo. it's less than $200 for one with bluetooth/handsfree calling/USB/line in.

This x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Everyone else is just taking A/C as being standard for granted.

You can remote start manuals you idiot, its called leaving it in neutral

>remote start

i.e. how to trash your engine as fast as possible

If you're waiting in 0F temperatures for your car to get to heat, sure. If you're using it as a way to give your heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheels 60 seconds to heat up, resistive heat is quick.

>have to suffer through the minute it takes for your heated seats to warm up

fucking 1st-world problem, m8