Abandoned or wrecked cars - Your own pictures

Only pictures you have taken. Show me what you got please!

Anybody knows what car is this?

Isn't that a 5 window 32 ford coupe?

I want to help the cars but I can't reach them.

Why this thread?

My grandpa drove this off the lot in '64

I don´t know...here another pic

Of the lot and into the ground.

He's your typical chevy guy through and through.
At the moment he's running an HHR into the ground.

Such a shame too. You plan to get it from him?

I'd consider taking it when I get out of this apartment with a one car garage.

It needs absolutely everything.

>Mercedes in its natural habitat

Believe it or not, only one of these vehicles are a stripped and abandoned wreck.

This one makes me sad.

Don't have a pic, but my ex's dad had an RX7 FB in a barn. Apart from the insane dust, flat tires, and the engine that's been sitting for at least 10 years, it was mint.

thank you for this thread user

Bump
New project was sitting with a group of broken cars.

I got to walk the yard and counted 103 edsels of all years.

Mine, I hit the back of a moderately lifted truck after my brakes locked up in the wet on the highway when there was bad traffic

Got this while in Prague

Don't even the poor examples of edsels fetch in the upper 5 figure rage?

I don't think you know what a 5 window is, bud

When I got there to pump up the tires and tow it to my house, it had been sitting here for 15 years. The tubed tires have been holding the air I put in them for a year and a half.

It was so satisfying power washing the mold off.

rural run down europe is so nice

i want to live there

OP here...such a waste that 930...more pics?

>rural run down europe
*eastern europe ex commie shitholes
ftfy

i still want to live there user

that changes nothing
no :(

its from some post on
>>>reddit

got any pics of it cleaned up? what are you doing with it now?

Yes. I've recorded the details of different parts of my work on it with lots of photographs. Are there any specific shots you want?

It sits under my carport. I was going to go out and clean the block and head to put that back on today, but have not yet.

It's by no means finished, but it has come a long way. There's a lot of work left with the brakes, various suspension pieces, dash wiring, and the head install. The body I've got looking pretty much how it's gonna stay. There are trim pieces that still need to be taken off and have brown paint removed but that will come later.

im surprised the engine wasn't seized mate. did you find anything interesting while taking it apart? I'm not wanting anything specific, it's all interesting to me. Post a couple of different areas if you'd like

Not seized but did have bent (bad) valve causing no comp on one cyl. Black oil with a layer of grey sludge in the bottom of the oilpan. I saw it run 3x, 10 minutes apiece when I was a kid. I was told that before that, it had sat for 20 years.

During cleaning.

Interesting while taking it apart. Couple things; I found out it was semi rare after looking at the data plate and some pictures of bodies like mine on the internet, I also found out that the 8500 odometer miles is probably correct. Gun jeeps didn't accumulate mileage like the other jeeps did, the insides of the front and rear diffs are immaculate as is Trans and xfercase. Engine is out of something else. It's a jeep engine but from a slightly earlier period, not manufactured for this body. Gauges are red backlit and all but 1 bulb on the whole thing light up. EVERYTHING is waterproof.

Hey, I remember this part of Fallout 2.
That there is a Chryslus Motors Highwayman. "Nothing can stop a Highwayman".

Probably only needs a Fuel Cell Controller. Throw in a Fuel Cell Regulator and Blower and it'll really purr.

Go talk to Smitty in The Den, he'll know what to do, tell him the Dweller sent you.

because
>rednecks

Literally what the fuck am I looking at

This thread makes me sad

Fender is undergoing testing with plasti-clearcoat. Think it would be a nice preservative for the whole thing.

are you planning on driving it on the roads?

Maybe every once in awhile. From what I understand it's underpowered by today's standards. I've read the articles about people taking them on cross country trips, which would be cool, but I probably wont. More then likely I'll put historic motor vehicle plates on it, insure it through Hagerty ($121/year), use my hand signals, and try to keep it relatively low mileage.

But maybe I will. I don't know what the future holds for me or the jeep.

I'd like to keep it as original as possible, but belts, signals, and more suspension would be nice. Maybe a repose with a 4.8lsx, it'd be only $500 and a weekend...

*repower

Won't you need to change a lot of the car to match if you put in an lsx? I'd have thought the gearbox and diffs wouldn't be rated for that kind of power at least

Why limit yourself to a 4.8 when the junkyards are overflowing with 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2s?

>Won't you need to change a lot of the car to match if you put in an lsx?
Yes, in short, youd have to go full-retard.

>I'd have thought the gearbox and diffs wouldn't be rated for that kind of power at least.
They're not. The axles are 10 spline and are known to snap under stock power with bigger tires. It's either the Trans or transfer case that has gears that like to walk themselves up out of the housing under big power, I can't remember which.

The whole thing would have to be gutted and if that's the case I'd rather just leave this one as-is and get an m38a1 or flatfender chassis.

I'm not going for rocket speed, 4.8s are basically free, it doesn't need it as it only weighs around 2300lbs and 4x the stock power is more then enough to go 60 comfortably.

That being said (and that was all hypothetical anyway) the lsx turbo willys jeep I've seen on YouTube is pretty cool, but I'd be looking for more of an offroader.

I've also seen small turbos fitted to old flatties, good for 100 (total) hp or so. Things to think about.

Studebaker Golden Hawk, late 50's. This one was sitting at an abandoned missile site.

Looks like the flat 6 engine of his grandads Corvair.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Found this and a 59 Bel Air, didn't get a pic of that though. This was also among another turquoise GMC pickup, a 1936 Dodge Brothers pickup, and a 60's ford school bus. There was a ton of rust.

Remains of a tri-five rotting away in my woods

What part of "your own pictures" didn´t you understand...?

Please tell me that the car was saved

fucking tourist slammed on her brakes in front of me