Stardew Valley general - /sdvg/

Elena Edition

>Previous Thread
>Wiki
stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley_Wiki

>Steam page
store.steampowered.com/app/413150/

>Mod list and guide
community.playstarbound.com/threads/modding-guides-and-general-modding-discussion-redux.109131/

>Portrait Mods Pastebin
pastebin.com/scPQxmy8

>/sdvg/ Recommended Mods
pastebin.com/8MnxYWY4

>Lewdfics
pastebin.com/6TH2iu1L

>How do I zoom out / downsample from larger resolutions / take those cool giant screenshots?
Guide: pastebin.com/7n5Pis5S (embed)
Or just wait for ConcernedApe to add it twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705463810329448448 (embed)
Or try using your GPU features: Nvidia -> DSR, AMD -> VSR

>Interactive farm planner
stardew.info/planner/

>FAQ
pastebin.com/ySgSDdYC

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!RgdQSBgb!t-ABnDms0cIKT8yFhhLq9O4soeEtm-L6m-N5w4D2vjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

something about Jas and Vincent

lick emily's asshole

something something lewds please

So anons what year are you on? Currently on 5 on my newer file

How does the crop speed talent and fertilizer work?

MEGA Upload where

>he used the same lame photo as the last thread

I've got this link:
mega.nz/#!RgdQSBgb!t-ABnDms0cIKT8yFhhLq9O4soeEtm-L6m-N5w4D2vjw

Daaamn I'd plunder her caverns with my dickaxe if you know what I mean.

you'd put your penis in her vagina?

What? Don't be disgusting user.

Though the overworld sprites would be harder, but thanks to how limited they are you can actually ignore some details.
Stuck in year 2, will keep with it as soon I finish Xenoverse 2

First year, it's also my first run ever. I'm having a lot of fun progressing the city hall. It's like every little thing you do unlocks or affects something else in some way. My only complaint is the villagers aren't as interactive as I want.

[Praises in spanish]

Nice. What are you exactly working on, user?
Just a simple reskin for Jas or an actual custom NPC?

Also goddamnit I want to play Xenoverse 2 too.
No torrents, no release, no nothing.

Reminder that Maru is the superior wife and so the best girl in Stardew Valley based on absolutely objective truths:

Optimistic
Sweet
Intelligent
Not shallow
Can adapt
Not a spoiled emo brat
Independent
Talented
Loyal
Respects her parents
Loves her brother despite everything
Has dreams but knows her limits and accepts failure
Immune to her dad's autism
Has created a sentient being (which makes her a literal life-giving goddess)
Her insight on the vastness and voidness of the universe doesn't give her an existential crysis
Not demanding
Delicious brown
Glasses
Kinky in bed
Best butt
Widest hips
Thicc
Easy to please
Nurse
Likes stealthy standing sex while Harvey is visiting patients
Anal queen
Can orgasm from french kissing
Squirts the most
Exhibitionism fetish
Builds custom made sex toys for you and her
Looks best when pregnant
Gives the children with the best genetics
Breeding machine
Knows how to rise children
Absolutely loves you and so she will forever

At first I'm going with a reskin, I will look into make her a custom, I have a long idea for this one.
I'm still preloading it because fuck PC players getting it at same time as console this one

What would you do to make the villagers more interactive?

>Loves her brother despite everything

What's that supposed to mean, what'd he do?

It's bullshit just like the rest of that copypasta.

Why are half the skills/professions in this game worthless and how would you fix them?

Mini game related side jobs
Hire them for farm labor
Teaches magic
Elemental weaknesses
Basement slime problem
DTF bar hopping
Steals your crops and stuff

Give them unique questlines that delve deeper into their character, possibly resulting in being granted special items/tools/clothes. Set up dates like fishing together or going to the bar, hosting a farm party, etc. Have them develop relationships with each other in meaningful ways (fall in love, become friends, get in fights) and then these change how they feel about you (Hang out with x a bunch and y dislikes you more).

He's a whiney emo fag?

He's just having a tough time adapting to his new view on the world as he grows and gains life experience during the most influential and vulnerable time of his life.

yeah but she isn't aryan

What's your username in SL?

What do you wish that Stardew had that it doesn't?

What do you wish a farm game would finally goddamn have but never does like actually butchering animals for meat and hide or selling mature livestock for a profit?

Seriously, I don't want to shower in the flesh of my dead friends, but there have always been meat animals but never in these games.

That first two sentences were all features in Rune Factory 3, which i really liked and made replaying worth it. That last one sounds interesting though.

There's one thing that i really wish any of the Harvest Moon or Rune Factory games had: Co-op Multiplayer, even if that meant not being able to marry.

Another thing i'd love would be a little towerdefense added to it, where monsters occasionally raid the farm and you had to defend your crops from getting munched. Lategame of course.

did you really name your character Anonymous?

I called mine "user"

>Lewdfics
why?
and why is it all caroline?

because of implications of abby not being pierres daughter and the general dislike everyone has of pierre

so it's more "hateboner for pierre" and less "lusting for caroline"?

because i honestly find her really boring

I was thinking of writing a Vincent x male farmer fic to improve my writing skills. Would any of you faggots like it?

HATE is the strongest aphrodisiac

I'm not personally interested.
But there's gotta be some people that'll like it, so I'd say just go ahead and then post it.

That seems to be it.
I'm kinda surprised that anyone has yet to write hatesex between the farmer and Pierre.

My first winter is coming up and I have loads of maple saplings in the ground for maple syrup to make bee houses. Should I take the ones who haven't grown into a tree by the 27th out of the ground? Do they disappear once the snow falls?

Trees don't disappear and they also don't grow during the winter.

There's not much that I'm sure I want atm aside for a few bug fixes for certain things I'm seeing. The one thing that hasn't quite sunken in for me is the visuals, and I think that's beyond the scope of the game right now and more something for future games, if there will be any. Not just the portraits, but everything. That's just me though...maybe because whenever I think "farm sim" I think of Back To Nature or Friends of Mineral Town, and that atmosphere has gotten stuck in my mind for the genre.

I just started getting into Stardew Valley so I don't really know all what else it has going on or what to expect. So far I don't find the monster stuff appealing at all though, so I haven't given them much attention.

>So far I don't find the monster stuff appealing at all though
And it never will be

The only reason I EVER bothered with monsters is because you need some bat wings to make lightning rods and for the ore you need to make stuff.

You need a buttload of gold and iron to get them nice 3x3 sprinklers

so the saplings will stay where they are and continue growing in Spring?

Yes, they'll stay saplings until Spring and then grow normally.

nice. thanks

So, anyone actually want to own a farm of their own, or do so already?

All modern day farms are huge corporate gigs, a small time farmer could never survive.

This

I do know people who have a farm, but they're retired from more profitable jobs like law and medical. The odds of them erking out any kind of profit are pretty low

do mods mess with the achivements in any way? Sorry if this is common knowledge. im new to video games

nope, what are you modding, portraits?

Yes and no. To unlock the steam achievements while using the smapi mods you must set steam to make the game run from the smapi file.

yes that and the mirror one that makes it so you can change your outfit at home

I mean, I don't know bout y'all, but surviving and making profit isn't that hard, but I guess it's cause I live in an out of the way place. Most the stuff I grow and raise I live off of, while extras are canned and stored or sold off.

I'd have a small backyard garden at the most.

I have a large garden and occasionally sell stuff to the local farmer's market, but it's a hobby that financially doesn't break even.

what do you grow?

I'll probably do this once I get enough land. I'm currently in a shoebox apartment

The last Story of Seasons game had a thing where you could visit other people. I don't know what you could really do, since I didn't know anyone else who had the game and never used it.

Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and honey. I also experiment with other crops and should have a few apple trees coming into fruit in a year or two.

I feel ya, guess I got lucky in life enough to have my own acre and house. I'd say possibly try growing some kale or wheat grass even. Health nuts eat that stuff up and throw money for that 'all natural' stuff.

>After accumulating 25,000g, Demetrius will visit the Farm and inform the player that he would like to use the cave

Is this 25,000 in total earnings or do you have to keep 25,000 on you?

I own multiple acres. Most of its used as a pine tree farm though.

total

Got my first 5 bars of Iridium, what should i upgrade first?

do you go to the mines a lot? pickaxe

I don't have enough iridium for more than a bar and a half, but I'm honestly more inclined to spend it on a sprinkler than a tool

Do you have a lot of sprinklers?
If not, upgrade the watering can.
Do you farm a lot of land, and have sprinklers?
Upgrade the hoe.
Do you mine more than anything else?
Pickaxe.
There is no good reason to upgrade the ax.

if you don't have one yet, get an Iridium band.

I'm currently trying to explore the skull cavern when i can inbetween farming, would upgrading the pick reduce the amount of hits needed for rocks?
I'm kinda content with the iron hoe since i rarely need to use it, would probably be fine once i upgrade it to gold, same as axe.
My second choice would have been the watering can but i just crafted a lot of sprinklers anyways.

Mistakes were made...

Would this game be better or worse with a realistic calendar?

Just wondering, if anyone would like that fic, should I write it from Vincent's POV or the male farmer's?

Worse considering that the wait between seasons would be WAY too long.

alt-f4

I MARRIED EMILY!

WITHOUT MODS!

As much as I prefer a 30 day month, 28 days is a LOT less irritating to manage when you consider the schedules of townspeople

30 days means the day of the week is going to shift from year to year which can cause issues

So while I prefer 30, it's not worth the headache to the designers.

Honestly, none of the girls jump out at me. Other Harvest Moons usually had one girl that was a clear winner for me (Karen in some of the older games, and Iris in Story of Seasons) It doesn't help that they're all shorter than you so I can't get over the feeling they're too young.

When I make a farming game, it's going to have an ara ara Cake and a Tomboy. Stereotypes exist for a reason and you should build a character off of them, rather than making them all bland and trying to add interest later.

I pretty much wanted to bone Edgy Mctits from the first week of the game when I was already playing games with her

>designers

>I'm currently trying to explore the skull cavern when i can inbetween farming, would upgrading the pick reduce the amount of hits needed for rocks?
Yes. But use bombs to "mine" in the skull cavern. Like bring 50 of them, eat something like coffee or pepper poppers or spicy eel to +1 speed, then run while dropping bombs.

Coffee stacks with pepper poppers/spicy eel so you can move as fast as if you were on a horse, if you can afford the coffee.

>Hate Pierre
>Restore the community center
>Pierre just beats the shit out of Morris

wtf i love pierre now

Only time in the game where he talks about something other than the store and himself.

>90 days of Winter

Farmer's.

>restore the community center
>everyone in high spirits
>Pierre immediately takes advantage of this and manipulates everyone into attacking Joja which hand nothing to do with the center closing down in the first place

Fuck off Morris, we all know that you wanted that place to put your shitty warehouse.

Yeah Jojo is basically Walmart and therefore evil, but you can't attack people just because you don't like them

>Abigail sometimes hangs out around the wizard's tower

Even more proof that she's the wizard's daughter.

Do you guys think the wizard fucked Caroline, Caroline's mom, Jas's mom, or someone else?

nah she's a rebel bitch
She probably heard people saying the tower was dangerous and started hanging around it

You know pierres an alright guy he gives me good prices on seeds and is a really kind and considerate person

Fuck off pierre

I wish he was fucking dead

t. Pierre

I've been playing this game for 2 months and i just noticed that it's Joja mart and not Jaja mart.

I'm Spanish

fml

Jajajajajajaja

You didn't miss much. It was very non-interactive and limited.

You could show off your farm, exchange items(blind trade if you're with randoms), and fertilize crops and trees. It sucked because you'd generally have it wait from 5-30 minutes to find randoms to play with.

Prior to Stardew's release I was hyped just because I've wanted a good multiplayer for a Harvest Moon-esque game for ages... The game stands well enough on it's own, but I'm disappointed that it looks like offical multiplayer won't be released for a while, and with Chucklefish in charge of developing that I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

The multiplayer mod scratchs that itch and I've been having a blast playing with my girlfriend and some buddies, but it's still really buggy and unpolished.

Where's the best place to find Iron? Are there specific levels of the mines that spawn the most?