/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 27th:
710 – Saracen invasion of Sardinia.
939 – Æthelstan, the first King of England, died and was succeeded by his half-brother, Edmund I.
1275 – Traditional founding of the city of Amsterdam.
1870 – Marshal François Achille Bazaine surrenders to Prussian forces at the conclusion of the Siege of Metz along with 140,000 French soldiers in one of the biggest French defeats of the Franco-Prussian War.
1930 – Ratifications exchanged in London for the first London Naval Treaty, signed in April modifying the 1925 Washington Naval Treaty and the arms limitation treaty's modified provisions further limiting the expensive naval arms race among its five signatories.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man and patch released. Search Veeky Forums's archive with archivebro's trip for links.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferghana_horse),
change.org/p/president-recep-tayyip-erdoğan-dispose-of-erdoğan-in-favor-of-his-imperial-majesty-nazım-ziyaeddin-nazım-osmanoğlu
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/kr-tech-improvement-project.917181/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is HoI4 still trash

why do I even bother asking

Reposting:

Any ideas for national ideas for Bactria, a Greek Theravada Despotic Monarchy custom nation with it's capital in Balkh and owning pretty much only the big valley in northern Afghanistan?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom

For traditions, I'm thinking of cavalry combat ability (you can't name traditions, but let's call it " Legacy of the Heavenly Horses" en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferghana_horse), maybe a small technology cost reduction ("Hellenic Philosophy", maybe?).

After, I don't know. A trade power idea related to the Silk Road? Infantry combat ability with something related to the phalanx? Legitimacy boost ("Descendants of the Diadochi")? Manpower boost/infantry cost reduction ("Army of citizens)? Missionary strength ("Millinda Panha")? Maybe something about vassals ("Satraps")?

>Greco-Bactrian kingdom in EU4
About as realistic as Finnic hyperwar mod desu

Yep. I enjoy it though because of how simple it is; it's easy to have a game done in an hour and a half.
Other than that it's shit. Only 9 countries have unique focuses and the flavor for other countries is shit.

Based Erdogan

Eh, it's fun. Let's just imagine that the Bactrians managed to hold out in fortresses in the Afghan mountains despite countless nomadic invasions.

t.urk

t.urk

Turks are based

see

no

change.org/p/president-recep-tayyip-erdoğan-dispose-of-erdoğan-in-favor-of-his-imperial-majesty-nazım-ziyaeddin-nazım-osmanoğlu

Which Germanic nation should I play as in EU4?

>3 supporters

hilarious

dont, play as Slavs instead

dont, play as Turks instead

dont, play as glorious white and based USA instead

Firstly, samefag detected.
Secondly, I want to eventually blob into Germany.

>A Thousand Cities: -15% build/dev cost
>silk road: +20 caravan power
>hellenism: -1 national unrest/-15% core cost
>conquest of indus: +1 leader siege
>scythian shit: +1 enemy attrition

>Firstly, samefag detected.
Nope
>Secondly, I want to eventually blob into Germany.
You can do that as the Turks!

But I don't want to play as shitskins.

Well lucky for you Turks are white

Why are all French jews French instead of Ashkenazi in HPM?

Got the immortal trait in HIP with my Roman Emperor, he still loses his fighting skills and looks like he gets sick easily, he has 31 martial and I'm scared of bringing him to battles because his grandson is heir and he is slow, atleast he married with the qt converted nordic witch that helped him gain immortality and is also immortal herself (although celebate).

what are you talking about, I'm playing as the Count of Réthel and my Jews are Ashkenazi.

>Turks

>white

>HPM

Correct.

Where can I get the EU IV DLCs without gicing money to (((them)))

I honestly thought all of tyhe "get cucked Sweden" shitposting was a joke until I started a research report about the country

I feel bad for the poor Swedes trying to save their culture

yeah? i play HPM and my Jews are Ashkenazi in France

what version do you have? Hades3?

Ansbach
The true heirs of Frankia

>known now to the world as the comedian Naz Osmanoglu

Many of those "born outside Europe" aren't muslims.

Yea yea this isnt the thread, but you guys are the type to know this.

Is Civ 6 shit or should I pirate it first to find it out before buying?

Are you sure you're not talking about HIP?

It's still a shame to see the total Swedish population in Sweden to decline

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the person that posted Cao Cao in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the Three Kingdoms mod.

Mount and Blade General is the other way dude.

You dont want to post in shitposting general, friend.

WTF 3rd game in a row where Castile doesnt have a marriage with them but inherits anyway? Its supposed to be 70% emperor, 10% France and 20% best marriage but Castile always gets it. Its bullshit they get enough I dont want this land.

What should I do now?
I have Spain because of a very successful Crusade and a series of Holy wars.

you got a whole game, its called tiger knight empire war.

>70% emperor, 10% France and 20% best marriage
It's 70% castile, 20% marriage, 10% emperor, dickhead.

Will do. I'll post updates.

Since when, it used to always be the emperor, like 80-90% of the games regardless of the actual 70%. Did they patch this or something? Austria always got it.

I'm okay with this.

Yeah, I've never seen it go to anyone but Austria.
Then again I haven't played in over 6 months.

Heres what it is, they almost never have a valid marriage partner due to all the vassals/PUs so its always emperor/spain, then I keep knocking the emperor down so that what happens. The emperor is a 1 province state right now.

The odds are actually different for every set of options. If castile has a marriage to burgundy, they have an 80% chance to get it, for example. Austria also can't get it if they're at war with burg anymore, iirc.

Based "Mount and Blade General is the other way dude" poster

Is out of date, see Emperor chance got buffed a bit

Are Hoy4/Stellaris gud yet?

Ah well, what happens is that Wurttemburg usually gets it due to female heir or something and so Castile gets it by default. Now I know if I want some easy land then just marry Burgundy and help it collapse.

Isn't there a civ general? I heard it was shit, but I also haven't played it.

i want to kill myself

Don't do it user, please

Post pics on /b/ when you do :^)

Who doesn't?

Consensus is that its worse then 4 which is the only one Ive played so... Pirate it first it is. I dont even like the game that much just a relaxing stomp fest. Except for that one WW2 simulation that was god tier to play as America in.

I'm in Malta for a while so I started a V2 HPM game as Malta.
What should be my main goal? I have 27k pop and a fish resource + a 0/0 army.

Your main goal should be to explore around Malta and take in the culture instead of playing fucking autism simulators and shitposting on a Sino-Soviet bean-counting datadump.

reported and ignored.

Just conquered (((Nurnberg)))

Reminder that Jesus had only one will.

National France has been annexed and the Princely Federation lords over the Indian subcontinent. The last remaining vestige of the Entente is Australasia who's navy has been nearly totally destroyed by the US Navy. A massive Marine Corp task force has been assembled in San Diego and the invasion of New Zealand is expected within the following months.
Thank fuck they removed the pacific island VPs, Island hopping a shit.

don't give a f*ck to be honest, "friend"

After the debacle that was after earth, pirating to test it is probably your best bet.

epic my man
look at the clock please
I'll help you: it's nearly midnight

100% definitely to conquer Rhodes, and then conquer other Mediterranean islands. Don't conquer anything but islands.

This guy is right though, don't forget to actually enjoy the place. I imagine that Malta has fascinating historical sites.

>finally make UK capitulate as Italy
>suddenly British Raj is major faction member
>they have roughtly 100 divisions
how annoying
hopefully US don't join them

Then conquer as much of North Africa as you can.

Good, go for Mainz next.
Bavaria gets missions early on to conquer your lands btw so watch out for that.

dude just draw a line lmao

I arrived 2 months ago and still have a month left.
already seen most of the places, only Gozo is missing

Wat?

(Also i might be the next HRE)

Go out drinking my dude, meet people, look at the stars. You can learn a lot about a place and lanscape by seeing it at night.

it's raining

>when the autists in multiplayer start learning all the meta gimmicks and the best divisional templates so no diversity will ever occur in multiplayer ever again.

well, it was fun while it lasted

Where do you live laddo?

Check weather in Valletta
>no rain
wew

As an aside, I almost always play National Populist routes and go full Central Planning but holy shit Free Market is amazing
>That research time
>That upgrade time
>All these resources
>All this IC
>That build time
At last I truly see

>tfw hussite isn't a religion
I was disappointed by heresies desu

Rabat

pls no

Also has anyone played with this?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/kr-tech-improvement-project.917181/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can laugh because I know the feeling...

>It's actually raining
Sorry then, you don't really have anything better to do

>My king dies too soon and my kid 5/5/4 kid is too young to take over
>Some retard take over mid regencies and he's some 19 years old 0/0/0 with a 1/1/1 heir
I just quit at that point.

Oh, well in that case do whatever the fuck you want. I'm jelly, I wish I could go to Malta for a couple months.

How the fuck do I beat these fucking roaches at this point
Hungary and Lithuania love them so much they'll never join a war against them

I'm not on a holiday, working full time.
Still, I can tell you it's a very nice place with very nice people.

The biggest flaw with these games tbqh.

New epic meme when?

u a fan of sonic?

There needs to be some sort of control so that doesn't happen. If there is some sort of regency coup, usually the first guy taking power isn't a dumbass. His kid can be 0/0/0, sure, but the guy who takes over shouldn't be abysmal.

>Rio da Prata