mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=.kkrieger
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, the engine recommendations are necessary.

If I make a thread on /wsg/ will you post sound webms?

You DO have sounds, right?

Yep, that was the point of that post user, thank you. Got a suggestion?

Yes.

there's too many posters here. some of you need to move to 8ch/v/agdg/

Use materials? Even flat shading could potentially work with a good lighting model.

That ship looks pretty cool though.

>reposted
>Not trying to nitpick but the uneven distance from the eyes to the nose (as in, one is further than the other) combined with the straightness of the nose looks odd.
The uneven distance was something I chose (right eye is 1px further) and I felt the even distance made it too perfect for my tastes

I want to fuck your game

Ey hol up, where jack da rippa at?

I have only one sound effect currently that I've made that I was satisfied enough with to the point that I didn't trash it immediately after implementing it. Should probably try making some more.

How do I commit to a single project?

Maybe 1 or 2 pxl to the right would be the best of both world

>mfw most of my enemies are nude
what went right

git commit

First for fell for the "just make your own engine" meme

You first.

The ships are entirely player designed using the builder. Unity's lighting looks like garbage in every scenario, I've found. Here's the panels using a metallic material.

>Unity
kill yourself you simp

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I take it I should make my own engine?

Did a blockout for the general form of this mech. What changes should I make before sculpting the final asset?

Do you use a custom cursor in your games? How did you design it, if at all?

It's a real pain in the ass.

I want to make a fan game for one of my favorite series (Bioshock), but doing so obviously will get me 'patent trolled' and there is no reason to do so, it will simply forbid me from ever selling it if I want to.

Pisses me off man.

Where are the guns

fucking cursies, what's wrong with the existing ones?

It holds them, you nonce.

Still using programmer art for the guns. I'll get to those next.

>midsection is the same size as one shoulderpad
I dunno, maybe make it look either sleek _or_ robust. Both at once kinda destroys the overall impression.

if you're gonna make a 3d game atleast have some self-respect, learn c++ and use unreal

we wuz constables

Nothing, if you make a game that doesn't need to have a cohesive GUI theme.

It's up to the player whether they want sleek or robust. All the parts are swappable like Armored Core.

doesn't matter literally insane cursie

There are so many good looking mechs that defy this "convention" that it's practically worthless.

Working on another game right now but I've been doing some concept art for my own original undertale ripoff.

I just set the default cursor to hidden and use a sprite that follows the cursor position.

frogs

Why do they have clothes pins on their noses?

oh my god do they clothespins on their noses?

So, if i wanted to make a game for the switch, starting with the templates for mobile(tegra) in unreal would be best , right?

it smells kind of bad down there

I feel like making the clothespins the same height as their eyes is a bad move

Maybe

Though I presume it will support the UE4 desktop renderer as well as the mobile one.

>frogs with nose pins
Your game has so much charm man.

Im a unreal newb, do you know if there is any way of simulating a mobile target but building for windows?

I gave up. I started a new, "smaller" project. But this time I will finish it, I swear!

tired of medusa heads knocking you down pits with no chance of recovery
well now you can recover from any hit mid air either left or right independent of your current direction.
the tradeoffs however are 1 you only get one recovery (can't bounce off enemies forever) and you don't get it back until your feet touch the ground and 2 your invulnerability time is 75% shorter so you can be liable to more damage if you abuse the feature.

>creating art assets

i want to go back to programming

dropped

first sentence was supposed to be a question.
and sorry about the mouse cursor
also inb4 no medusa heads are in the game yet

>No total cancer knockback in Castlevania knockoff
You just lost the purist crowd.

>not programming procedural art for assets
come on

its okay. im not looking to tap into any playerbase honestly. i made my mind when i started the project that i would recreate the castlevania mechanics using its art, then once theyre in place ill play around them until i get a good feel that i like. im only using castlevania as the base.

What the fuck man

i think the clothespins need to be pretty big for readability, though i am unsure about the eye shape yet
thanks

>procedural

Do you even know what that means? The shitty /v/ meme image hints at no.

>Learning how to program
I want to go back to creating art assets

lmgtfy.com/?q=.kkrieger

I think any lighting would be better than that.

thanks mang

I think it's interesting and I'm a longtime CV fan.

PLEASE make this ability cost hearts or something.

It shouldn't be that easy to avoid death. The entire point of Castelvania was dying to stupid shit like that.

thanks
ill think about making it cost magic. i want the game to genuinely be challenging, but i feel like cheap death is a design philosophy thats out of date. i want to challenge the player with good level design and not a bunch of pits that you cant avoid. ill reevaluate it once i start making levels and see if it needs any adjustments like consumption

Finally imported the model into UE4. Not sure if the bones are going to work, but it seems UE4 places them automatically because when I select the bones they are in different position than I hastily put them for testing purposes. Hopefully it will work because that would make my day. At the very least I got some experience with making materials out of textures and applying them to the model which was easier than I expected.

I'm also pretty impressed with the possibilities of creating materials. You can do so much combinations of textures, effects, calculations, sorts of lighting, transparency, etc.

All in all I love how deep every aspect of game development is. Modelling, rigging, texturing, controls, music, level design. I feel like it's something I can lose myself in completely without getting bored anytime soon.

Getting knocked into pits isn't a cheap death, you put yourself in a position to be knocked into one and you failed to dodge an enemy attack. It's entirely your fault.

>Not sure if the bones are going to work, but it seems UE4 places them automatically because when I select the bones they are in different position than I hastily put them for testing purposes.

It really shouldn't be. They should be exactly where they were when you rigged the model.

Unless you mean you moved them as a test animation in which case you need to import the animation as a separate file.

>getting outsmarted by the enemies

agdg is dead

learning oop, using c++ and sfml to create simple 2-d game, got it to display environment observations when you hit space.

>Tfw too paranoid to start actually making the game in favor of just working on the design document.

do it already pussy

THE MORE YOU PLAN THE LESS YOU BLEED

Make it, you learn by fucking up and failing, not by writing meme docs and doing no implementations.

Progress!
I wrote this neat little shader to add some noise to my ground pixels. I couldn't find no other way to do this, I tried pooling a bunch of GameObjects for tiles, but that was incredibly costly. I could barely keep a thousand objects in my pool.
It does look pretty uniform, but I kinda like the old-fashioned look. And it's fast - it's just a 256x256 bitmap applied to a single quad, but I perturb the edges of the pixels with a noise map. I could do this just as easily on a 1024x1024 world, the performance is almost totally uncoupled from world size.

are you using the UE4 skeleton? it's a good idea to rig your character so it can use it.

no real idea what I'm looking at but if you made progress with a custom shader, you're a beast

great job user

You will get patent trolled.

also, finally working, level up system with its unique deck of abilities

QUICK, give me more abilities and upgrades

>ability to see next card drawn
>ability to affect the chance of the next card drawn being of disposition 'x'

I don't actually know how your system works. More details?

It's pure rng, also there is no "deck" your card draws are always random.

different guy here: it looked fine until something was mentioned, and it still looks fine in the thumbnail, but I can't not notice it in the full picture now, and it bothers me

this is my first progress post!

currently still learning how to properly code a game, but this is a start I guess.
if I somehow manage to do something worth showing I'll try to post it here but don't expect me to post often (except as an user shitposter ofc)

I don't really have any ideas about the game yet but for now it doesn't matter, I still need to code all the basic required things to run a game

pls subscribe to my rss!

Okay, then the ability to lock in the next card's type to a certain kind. Ex; speed, equipment, ect.

Are you shitposting?

>currently still learning how to properly code a game
That never ends

but that's wrong, friend

So I'm including between 5-10 minigames in my upcoming RPG.

So far, I'm using the following basic game types for the various minigames;
>Pipemania/pipedream
>Mastermind
>Self enclosed card games

I really don't want to use breakout, but anyone have any other simplistic games I can use for minigames?

what engine

pls no

how about an AD&D 2nd edition minigame?

>vr is a meme

SFML

I was just getting a snack from gamedeving and I went to the local fastfood place with my bicycle (I already thought this was a bad idea to drive there with my new bike beforehand because the place is frequented by drunks during the night)

There werse two guys standing infront of it looking at me in a funny way.(both underage) When I was inside I had a bad feeling and I thought I should go outside checking out my bike while the guy was preparing my order.but I didn't. When I went outside with my food the two guys passed by the fast food place from another direction and my bicycle was missing and I already knew what happened. I went the direction the they came from and saw my bike laying on a staircase. I confronted them and they pretended like they don't know what happened "Whoa dude I don't know what happened lol. Just relax dude" (they were obviously bullshitting because they couldn't have not noticed even if it weren't them)

The bike looked mostly fine.

>get on to work on one thing
>improve 7 or 8 other things instead
I mean...

(You)

Added a picture of Anubis to the GAME OVER screen.

When can you get your boipucci fucked in this game?

gay furries pls go home

Set up a proper combat animation system with the help of different Animation Blueprints + switching around between them.

Also got blocking and parrying working

Models/Animations are obviously WIP.

Editor left me with the german localization because i cleaned up the projects saved folder. Gonna reset that tomorrow or so.