Are Chevrolet Sparks good family cars??

Are they any good?? I really like how this cars look on the outside and inside

Other urls found in this thread:

iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/minicars-fall-short-for-small-overlap-frontal-protection
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't know about their newer cars, but I've owned 2 Chevys. I'm not a fan of them. Although it is more about the particular model and not the manufacturer.

Buy Nissan Sentra instead nigger. Think about your family's safety

Yeah I've been reading reviews only and the majority say that they're awesome cars, but they're definitely not the type of car that you will use on a street race, which is, you know, expected.

Nigga I just want a comfy little car, I always loved this type of designs.

>buying a GM-Daewoo product
>buying a GM product, period

Don't do this.

Yeah get a fiesta s hatch with the 1.6 matted to the 5 spd m8 and thank me later can be had new for 10k at some dealers

This or pic related if it's available in your country.

If you spend a lot of time searching for one, you can get a really good deal because they are frequently used as dealership "low price, bait-and-switch" vehicles to lure customers in.

I daily a '14 Spark. It has less than 90 HP, so even though it's lightweight, its incredibly slow. Slower than my '96 Saturn SL that ran on 3 cylinders.

I average about 41 MPG doing mostly highway driving.

As far as safety, if you're going to get a small car, the Spark is one of the better ones to get:

iihs.org/iihs/news/desktopnews/minicars-fall-short-for-small-overlap-frontal-protection

Family car? Maybe if your family is you and a small dog. A nissan versa has alot more room for the same price. A used 2nd gen honda fit is even better.

>unironically liking the spark
>not just buying a v6 accord for 5-6k
fag

Post your budget faggot, and manufacturer preference if any.

>A nissan versa
avoid the cvt version and you should be ok

Family man here (Married, have a five and one year old). I looked at the Spark as my primary car. It was just way too small. With the car seats in I was a closer to the wheel than I like and there wasn't a lot of room for much else, even with just an umbrella stroller.

Nope. Get the Polo faggot.

Get a sonic with the turbo. It's a hair bigger. The hatch actually opens. Its comes in a stick and and although it's painfully slow, it's fun to drive like an f1 car.

from what I hear, reliability is a huge issue, something under the hood WILL break within the first 45k miles. such a shame, the car doesn't look bad, the interior is nice and it would make a good family car if it actually had decent build quality.

not op, but is the 1st gen fit a good option? can't find any 2nd gen for sale in my area, but i did find what appears to be a well maintained 2007 fit sport with 207k miles

I just bought the new refreshed model, loving it so far, ive put about 500 miles on it.

I kinda hate the older ones, those headlights are just too much.

1rst gen fit has some leaking problems. Sit in the car and spray it down with a hose to see where it might leak I.e doors, trunk.

>background banjo

Nah, detroit.

More like background eminem.

If I find leaks, is it the sort of thing where I should just walk away, or use it as negotiation leverage? (assuming it isn't filled with mold of course) I read a bit about this issue but couldn't get a good idea of how much it'd cost to repair.

There's probably something wrong with me but I really like sonic.

Hourly shill thread?

Wait for the new ones

my girlfriend has a 15 and absolutly hates it ... got 20000 miles. it shakes after 60 and its hits like 5 k rpm to go 0-30 in 20 seconds... not really but its super underpowered. also shes thrown like 4 engine codes so good thing for a warrenty. honestly i have a forte sx and its a blast. and the non turbo with the 2.0 is still a bunch of fun just a little less grunt. im about to get a vw gti and have also had a sentra. non are ment to be family cars but ive owned all but the gti but all would make great cars for a family.

OP here, thank you for all your answers lads, I think I will risk it and buy it, I really like how it feels and my mechanic told me that it is in good state, but the most important thing for me is that I'm getting it very cheap so why not give it a try??

just be careful with the suspension. avoid all pot holes.

If you want your family to die in a minor fender bender, sure.

Noice Cherokee senpai.

Good car's and easy to work on.

How much are you paying for it?personally I would recommend you looke at used bigger alternatives like fit, fiesta or versa

Also you might want to check that some rental companies started to sell their fleet vehicles, I just got a 2015 base Mazda 3 for 14k cad