ACTUAL shit boxes

Ok Veeky Forums, let's talk about shit tier cars.

The worst you have ever driven.

Let me start: I have driven lots of underpowered euroboxes, but I can tell you that sometimes the specs of the car do not tell you the whole story. I had an Ibiza mk2.5 with the 1.4 60hp na petrol that was actually fun to drive.

However the WORST CAR EVER fr me is the 1992 opel corsa b 1.2 44 hp. Absurdly underpowered (like 20s to 60 FOR REAL), undersized tyres (145!), It will understeer to the point of sliding out of control at 30km/h in the wet... The only car I have ever crashed due to this. It was actually DANGEROUS. I was lucky it self destroyed due to a timing belt failure and I moved on to an extremely fun peugeot 205 gt from 1987... But that's another story.

Tl;dr: worst car you have ever driven: which and why.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rjVRpS9ecb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Opel corsa from 2014
with the smallest engine
literally the same as you described, OP.
1l three cylinder N/A powered by LPG
this thing sucks ass
holy shit guys
HOLY SHIT DO NEVER BUY A BASE MODEL
IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A RADIO LMAO EVEN BASE MODEL DACIAS HAVE RADIOS
and manual windows but that not a big deal.
the OPC is a fucking beast, tho.

lel learn to drive OP
we use corsas all the time here in south america with no issues, even inferior versions made domestically by Chevrolet.

it's not like OP is wrong or anything

He's objectively wrong. If they were so bad they wouldn't be used as taxis. 6 out of 9 cabs in this pic are Corsas in their different configurations.

Opel a fucking shit
Also First Ford Ka
Not the worst but god damn its ugly and you got no space to put something anywhrre

last Ford Ka is a shitbox too
cramped as fuck, a lot of bare metal from the inside, cheap plastic for the scarce trim pieces it has.
No idea of how it drives, I only rode in it.

Here are my shitboxes. The ford and the volvo are actually pretty powerfull for what they are. The hyundai can aparantly suck a dick, my housemate isnt the biggest fan.
Volvo is current fave

It's not our fault you live in a shithole and don't know any better.

hey, I'm not saying they're awesome cars or something, I'm saying they aren't absolute shitboxes at all because they are far from being the worst cars ever

oh and because what OP said illustrates incompetence rather than defects of the car itself

have to agree with you here, they really aren't that bad. My mum had one for years and as a basic means of cheap transportation it was fine. Granted it was a 1.2 and not the 1.0 3cyl but it kept up with the flow of traffic just fine, didn't slide about, and was pretty reliable.

Sounds like OP is either a crap driver, or the car in question had bald / really shit tyres / shot suspension components which will make any car drive like shit.

LMAO, I daily drive 1997 Corsa with same engine in Poorland
>260k km on counter
>only thing I've changed so far are oils, belts, light bulbs, filters, sparks plugs, 1 transmitter and ignition wires.

I prefer to think he's just a shit driver, out of pure schadenfreude.
Poorland=Poland? lel

I am talking about that specific engine, not the entire corsa b model. You are dense motherfuckers.
For the polish guy, well it is probably better than the lada in which you were made, but if you were sober while driving you would notice its handling is awful.

Volvo S80 2.9 slow as fuck and shit on juice with awful handling and a middling interior

On fire

2016 Toyota Hilux

>gearbox has a nice feel but the gate stopping you from going in to reverse isnt tough enough to stop you

>clutch doesnt grab until 1" of travel is left

>poor visibility

>interior, although good has way too much plastic

>poor handling even for a truck

>shift knob spins around on stick

>2/10 shit tier vehicle

coming from england, i have to say that yes the vauxhall corsa b we go was absolute shite.
i might be nitpicking but the worse thing about it is the pedals are so close together i could hit all three with 1 foot.
only way to make them half decent is to shove a c20 in there, but then you can't get full lock on the steering.

Certaimly my old chevy cavalier. Legendarily shitty

Sorry for the memes, but base engine 1st gen, 1st phase Twingo.

Ran on 3 cylinders
Had several degrees of play in the steering rack
Clutch and brake pedals having a mind on their own
Exhaust rotted to oblivion
Fuel tank leak, 14L/100km = 15mpg

It was a friend's car, he bought it from a small german cult for 100€. i seriously don't know how this thing could pass inspection. First time I drove it, did a quick drive around the block. 3 corners, 3 times I thought I'd die.

1993 Ford Tempo.

Keep in mind I bought it in 1997, so only 4 years old with 40k miles.

Everything went wrong constantly. Engine (2.3L 4cl) overheated all the time, and I could never figure out why. Neither could my parents, both of whom were mechanics. We tore it down, checked everything, replaced all fluids, still overheated and stalled. Took it to a shop, couldn't find anything wrong. Still overheated and stalled. Finally it caught fire mid drive (without stalling), and I called it quits. Just pulled over to the shoulder and let it burn.

You can tell me I'm a shit mechanic and no one I took it to knew what they were doing, but I've never had an issue maintaining any other engine I've ever worked on. I'm still convinced it just wanted to die.

Aside from that, though, everything else sucked too. Suspension was practically non-existant, interior felt cheaper than fisher-price toys, anything mechanical or electrical had issues or would flat out stop working.

I honestly can't think of anything nice to say about it except it didn't get me killed.

Wasn't the Ford tempo notorious for exploding if someone rear ended you?

I think that was the Pinto.

>1999 Mercury goddamned Cougar
>heavy
>some sort of weird vacuum that won't let RPM's drop fast, makes it impossible to rev match.
>sloppiest shifter I've ever had
>fwd with body roll all day long
>supposed to be sporty/comfy, but you get neither in this mix.
>looks like a v6 Mustang had a baby with a Honda Accord.
>soulless, slow 2.5l TRANSVERSE V6
>hard as dick to work on the backside of the engine (good luck tracing that oil leak)

This car is the equivalent of the guy that tries to fit into every single social group, but ends up the loser of each one. Bought it for $1000 after my gf totaled her Prius. Im just gonna flip it when she gets her loan approved, I'd rather drive my Miata any day.

You should be able to adjust the clutch pedal. Never seen a vehicle where you couldn't

Citroen saxo 1.1 that I learned in was pretty gutless, drove my uncles F-150 in the US, and it was the biggest pile of shite i have had the misfortune to drive, vague steering, lazy unresponsive engine, waterbed style suspension, cheap nasty interior, no idea why people them, it was utter pish.

A mk3 fiesta with shitty tires, every single control gummed up with beeswax, a busted wheel bearing, a blown exhaust, and later turned out to be two cars welded together in the middle. Oh, and a 1.1L engine.

I think I drove one of those. Had a radio, but no aux input or USB. Seat as hard as fucking concrete, controls felt like I was going to break them, tiny steering wheel, cramped interior, and handling that was so twitchy it was unsafe.
I am never, ever, ever driving a rental car again.

Two cars welded into one? Fuck.

I had a diesel fiesta mk4 like pic related. Ws a pretty good car, decent mpg and handling for a shitbox. Miles ahead the fucking corsa.

The irony is that the Fiesta looks like the most depressed little thing and the Corsa looks all happy and shit.

2003 peugeot partner
I drive this thing as a daily. I like the mpg and the cargo space and is semi reliable. Its allright, but it is the worst so far. I really miss power steering.

Even with that engine, I think you suck at driving.

>Shift knob spins around on stick
>2016

fucking seriously?

1984 Chevy Citation II
>Bought with 66k miles on the iron duke
>terrible MPGs for a 4 cylinder hatchback
>speedo topped out at 80
>kept it for about two years, then I got a real vehicle I still have
>no one wanted to give me scrap value for it
>gave it away to some goob who really didn't deserve it
>couldn't smog it
>he gave it to his dad
>who tried to smog it
>surprise it didn't
>on the way back from smog it threw a rod through the block with less than 80k miles on engine
>Dad recognizes me later, tells me passively aggressively about it
best $400 i ever spent

This is trolling right? My S80 handled fantastic and is still the fastest car I've driven (only 120mph and it took forever about getting there) even with the 2.9 (wish I had the twin turbo one tho) The only shitty thing about really was the auto trans, slow ass 4speed

I own a 2001 VW Lupo 1.4 TDI.
The only good things about it is it does ~4L/100Km (~70mpg?) with some easy driving and the engine has been reliable (~220k km).
It's slow, everything rattles, the window regulators don't work anymore and the starter quits on me from time to time.
I really don't want to spend the money fixing these issues as it's probably more expensive than the car's worth lol

My dad is buying a new car probably next year so I think I'll offer to buy the current one when the time comes.

100% true. Always thought corsa b is a handsome little car, while the fiesta is a little depressing.

I think you are trolling. Otherwise explain why I haven't had any problem with any other of over 10 cars I have had.

Because your other cars are meant to be driven by retards. Seriously, I have never seen a Corsa cause the shit you said that one caused. Or maybe you don't suck so much at driving but had bald tires, fuck me if I know.

ive driven one of those new chevy malibus and it was probably the worst car ive ever driven

nice meme

I've had smaller cars, bigger, diesel and petrol... etc. Only particular thing about the corsa is that its the less powerful car I have ever driven. But the fiesta had barely 10 hp more and was na diesel do probably weighted more.

Tires were new and the car was serviced. Suspension was stock, maybe that was the problem, but all other cars I have driven with similar age and stock suspension didn't behave THAT bad.

I am talking about taking a slight turn at 30 kph in the wet, the kind you would take at 80 in a normal car without thinking, and the car slides to the other lane with MASSIVE understeer and out of control... all this happening at ~15 kph. Comically slow, like I hit the fence so slow the bumper only got a slight scratch.

lmao learn to drive

>there's a car so bad you'd rather drive a miata
wew lad

>Slow af 2.0
>power steering only worked turning left
>would only run w/ A/C and heated seats on full blast or would shake violently
>blew smoke out of A/C vents, water leaked through floor vents.
>only 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear.
>body roll.
>went through 3 distributors and engine coil.
>couldn't drive in the rain.
>retarded controls like rear window switches on console and out of order wiper controls.

fuck the mk3 and VAG.

> look mom I'm trolling

You should do better given the time you get to think while in the bus.

I don't know about you, but I had a 1996 premium, top of the line model Corsa as my first car and it was nippy as fuck. I was actually considering stripping it bare and racing it for a while.

Although, if your Corsa looked anything like the death-trap in the OP, no wonder it handled poorly.

Do Europeans just have a shit market? Yes I'm at from the land of burgers but 60hp vehicles? How does one go about saying that is an exciting car or fun to toss around? The plethora of brands for ecoboxes over there really seem pretty shitty. I really am at a loss here.
Our used car market, albeit saturated with civics and corollas, is still pretty dope. I'm not even trolling, I need answers here.

Our roads are smaller, fuel is more expensive and insurance costs are higher, so bottom-rung shitboxes have small engines. Simple as that.

>getting this triggered because you can't control an anemic corsa
top kek, back to driving school kid

2004 Ford Focus

biggest piece of shit I've owned. Constantly sounded like it was going to blow up. Tranny sounded like it was filled with scrap metal. Left me stranded on the road 3 times. HORRIBLE interior, quality seemed like it was geared toward welfare recipients. Everything was made out of cheap plastic, seats felt like a chair you would find in a dentist's waiting room.

I beat the shit out of it and sold it for $1200 a short time later

Some of us have 1.3l diesel fiats that have more than 60hp

>diesel fiats

youtu.be/rjVRpS9ecb4

2.0T makes it understeer with the weight, but look at that little fucker go.

Well consider a 60 hp shitbox that weights barely 800 kg. It is not fast by any means but can be agile. Or it seemed when I was 19.

I drive a '92 Tempo (3l V6). I like it. Odometer was stuck at 176k when I got it but it has been reliable since I've owned it. I'm the 8th owner. Everything mechanical and electronic still works. No leaks.

Interior feels fine to me, but I'm used to sitting in even shittier shitboxes. Electric seatbelts are sort of annoying though.

Also, the rear left window is taped up because it's off track, not because the motor is broken

AHAHAHA BASED OPEL
WEEBSHITS BTFO
GERMAN ENGINEERING MASTERRACE

I think you got a better interior package, I don't recall electric seat belts, and I think the windows were hand crank.

I drive a 2003 Ford Focus hatchback. Fun car to drive, but insanely unreliable.

that's because you don't take care of it fuckface.
Literally just change fluids frequently and make sure your engine mounts are still good every 25k miles (you'll feel it if they aren't) and you will have next to no problems.

>he bought it from a small german cult
sounds like a story in itself. care to share?

Everyone I ever knew who owned one of these (myself included) swore it was the biggest piece of shit on earth, and had proof to back it up. None of them had gotten near 100k miles without shitting out the power steering, transmission, or the whole engine. Ball joints were always shot and mine even had a cracked spring.

I'd argue but my 97 is still sub50k lel

Oh God now I remember my corsa times, the Opel B corsa was terrible underpowered shit and I later even owned an Opel corsa C 70hp and it was almost even worse. It felt so extremely underpowered but was said to be really economic, it was this ecoflexx version, absolute nightmare it took 7 litres per 100km.
Now I own a 2014 Renault Clio IV with 95hp and I am Really enjoying it so far, pretty much space for a small car, looks good in my opinion and it only uses between 5.5 and 6 litres per 100km
Can't say anything bad about it yet

2015 Ford mini-van, it was like a van/estate crossover, csnt even remember the name lmao, used it as a replacement car for a week.

Ugly interior, weird 'downward facing' sitting position and the steering wheel and gauges on the dash were both too low for the level you sit at. I had to dip my head down to see the speedo because the top of it was shielded.

The radio/speakers were awful, AC was almost unusable and kept turning itself on with seemingly no way to stop it being automated, criminally underpowered non turbo diesel. Foot to the floor and you couldn't feel it accelerate at all.

Stop/start assist... the stupidest fucking shit ever invented. You pull to a stop and the car shuts off, touch the clutch and the engine starts back up by itself. Dangerous.

Everything about it was horrid.

Idk what ford is doing because I have a 2008 model and its my favourite car I've ever driven. The current gen is a tragedy.

tfw my 1.8 turbo diesel gets 7-8L/100km in the city, yet my friends' truck-sized turbo Supra gets around 10L/100

Displacement tax and regulations are a lie.

Driving around I get good mileage, especially on the highway, but every time you accelerate to pull off you always need to give it more gas in a lower powered vehicle.

Its like the evo X, 2L that drinks more fuel than a Carrera or an AMG

mid-2000s automatic chevy aveo

the car itself was mechanically sound but the ergonomics were terrible, the worst was the steering wheel which felt like it wasn't perfectly lined up with the driver's seat so i had to adjust it and drive the car like it was a tractor if i didn't want to saw my leg off at the knee

>Displacement tax and regulations are a lie.
Another who has seen the truth.

>1.8 turbo diesel gets 7-8L/100km in the city

What kind of a shitbox are you driving?

A diesel shouldn`t be getting over 6L unless its some heavy AWD landbarge.

>he doesn't drive a landbarge

I get an average of 6.5L/100km in my 2002 Citroen Xsara picasso

Clutch shits itself though, and electronics are unreliable at best(and buttons do weird things on rainy days, they do random actions like turning lights on and off when using the a/c)

Hmm my bmw doesn't have that

This is how you'll end up driving a corsa. Guy I knew did.

BMW's dont have Malibu's.

Gm shills out in droves today, huh?

The people who hate Ford the most are the people who've had to use Ford the most. Myself included.

bump

i hear a lot of people say this is one hell of a reliable car and easy to work with.

>people who have had bad experiences with ford are GM shills
how does it feel to be such a deluded fanboy?

>tfw 81 sierra owner for 7 years
>tfw loving life

Peugeot 206

I drive a Corsa.
The worst thing about it is the body roll.
I feel like i could flip it if i tried hard enough.
Is it normal to be this bad?