/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Mexican edition

Last thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/growing-trees
youtube.com/watch?v=3yI3Qwbqk_o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>don't die on me
>Thread was archived

What should I build here?

does anybody else sit around here refreshing constantly? always to find inspiration but never actually commit to playing for more than day or two?
help me /mcg/

nothing, dont ruin that beatiful landscape with a build but rather make something where you can admire it easily
I lurk daily here and in reddit to find nice stuff and posts.

didn't even notice the thread was past 750 replies
this general is so frequently at death's door i forget it can actually manage to reach 750 posts sometimes

>tfw the only way to acquire Nether mob drops are looking for a random Safari Net seller in villages
Agricraft at least helps me in getting Nether Wart and Glowstone (with some help by Recurrent Complex Sky Temples), but I still need a Ghast Spawner working so that I can actually begin my mob system.

mine tweak witches to give ghast tear?

I finally found a desert but its like 6km away diagonally from my home base

how much iron would you estimate i need to get tracks all the way there?

I haven't got Minetweaker on my self-made modpack, but that's a good idea.
Blaze Rods are still a problem, though.

I'm a bit restricted by preventing Nether Portal creation, but at least it's something different.

>see crags in some youtuber's shit
>want to build in one
>get BoP
>explore for (meatspace) weeks
>never find a fucking crag across multiple maps

why can't I have nice things. ;_;

Make blazes spawn on the overworld?
Make villagers let you trade blaze rods?
Get it from creative?

x'th for comfy world gen

>Make blazes spawn on the overworld?
There doesn't seem to be a mod that has that.
>Make villagers let you trade blaze rods?
Same.
>Get it from creative?
Come on, might as well delete my modpack if I can't follow my own restrictions.

>There doesn't seem to be a mod that has that.
No Mob Spawns In Trees or something like that, other than letting you blacklist certain blocks from mob spawning (including trees by default obviously), also lets you fuck around with mob spawning in general as well. I've made Blazes spawn naturally in my Nether after seeing how that faggot vazkii did it on 1.10 and it works well enough.

>available of 1.7.10 too
Yes! That's what I need. I just need Blazes and Glasts (rarely) to show up in the overworld.

>Traincraft update
>Fixed NullPointerException when Railcrafts useAltRecipes was set to true
Fuck yes, time to disable all those weird recipes again. Hoping that the train workbench behaves better now too.

Not much, I dont know the base recipe for tracks but making 3 large tracks might cost like 3 iron, between 5 and 10 stacks. Being 7 the most close ones if the recipe for large tracks ic correct.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/growing-trees
>I only play on 1.7.10 because the mods I use are only for 1.7.10.

>Since I only play on 1.7.10 I only mod for 1.7.10.

>I don't care if you think that new mods shouldn't be made on 1.7.10. It's not your business.

>I don't care about your idealistic upgrade strategy and how this holds everyone back. Life isn't perfect.
Absolutely beautiful. Looks like it's time to pick up a new mod.

Okay, I'm seeing a lot of people complain about 1.10 and Forge. What exactly happened?

If I was able to run 25 mods in 1.7 on a potato, will I be able to run the same amount of mods in 1.10 on that same potato? I just want to play Minecraft on a new version, man.

Vanilla .10 is better than 1.7.
Modded .10 eats double the ram with a third part of the mods in any 1.7.10 mmodpack.

So it's basically all Forge, then? What the fuck.

Ruins lets you spawn villagers with customized selling items. So you could make him sell tears and netherwarts for N emeralds or something.

An easier option might be to create a dungeon with a blaze/ghast spawner. Recurrent Complex could probably do something similar too if you'd rather work with a gui.

What does the general think of this

youtube.com/watch?v=3yI3Qwbqk_o

why is there a windows 10 edition anyway

because microsoft wants more money

Looks like some really nice features coming out for modders.

it's another episode of people defend flowerfaggot's thievery

>first fucking comment is "HURR 1.10 PLZ"
people really do not fucking read.

>Looks like some really nice features coming out for modders.
>addons
>mods
>win10
>pocket edition
>mods
>fiddling around with pre-existing content
>mods

>NOONE IS ALLOWED TO EVER DO ANYTHING IF ANYONE DID IT BEFORE
you realize that's basically what you're saying, right? that's the same shit that eloraam did, bitch at people left right and center to not do things with their mods because "well I'm gonna do that eventually so you can't do it!".

I won't defend the fags of the modding world, but all the same you're being an idiot.

>those 90 degree branch twists

but still, very neat. gonna have to try this one out

In general you're right, but specifically asking for a modder to come take someone else's feature is not "being inspired by" or "accidental parallel development", which are perfectly acceptable.
Blame lies on reddit for being retarded as fuck as usual and having no notion of common courtesy.
And on vaazcunt if it actually listens to them.

except that's not it at all, this fag is literally calling for vazkii to copy a feature from another guy's mod, which is a pretty shitty thing to do if he just does it without any regard for the other author

This tree is just begging to be cut down

Bit anti-climatic

get autosmelt senpai, it'll be beautiful

Of course it's Forge's fault. All performance problems are always Forge's fault. Remember modded 1.7.10 being crippled for almost a year before Skyboy found the fix, which Lex copied without giving him credit?

>that glorious feel when your internet got deniggered

I do not see your source of complaint. if you're going to bitch about vazcunt doing it you'd better start berating every techmod fag ever for copying shit out of other tech mods, given how they're all essentially the same shit now because everybody wants the same shit out of their mod of choice.

long as the shitter doesn't directly lift their code, there's nothing to open your mouths about. ain't a thing wrong with "hey, can you do that too?" without straight up ganking people's code.

don't let your justified hate for the flowerfaggot turn you into an even bigger faggot.

I just realized I might not have been born for autism walls. After making so many of them I've noticed how stressed I get over trying to organize everything perfectly by categories, and how painful it is to even think about the idea of getting one new item that doesn't fit, forcing me to bring the entire wall down to reorganize everything. The notion of not organizing anything is unacceptable as well even if I can use a request pipe or AE to access my stuff.
tl;dr well fug

Found this which I thought was pretty cute

STILL NOT A FUCKING JUNGLE THOUGH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The problem is, the redditard is going, "Hey vazcunt, come here and take this, I want it.", when he could easily just install the original mod, or ask the creator to make it standalone.
It's courtesy.
It's not about fucking copying features, it's just really fucking rude to do that.
And when people "copy" things, they usually don't do it with the direct intention of copying someone else's design. They usually do it unintentionally, or take inspiration from.
They don't go, "Hey this is cool I want it, I take it.".
Fucking rude it is.
It's not about being original, it's about not being a cunt.

I-I finally did it.

This is why you should never lose hope anons. Something good can happen to all of us, no matter how dark things seem. I know life can get hard but just like how I found the jungle, you will find your way.

Allowing to modify existing content with actual C# code coming in Q1 2017. Adding new content coming later (presumably later that year).

>tfw your ISP upped all 10/10 customers to 100/10 for free back in 2005

Yeah, but at least I don't have to live in Sweden.

stop drinking the /pol/ kool-aid

>there are people out there who consider less than 50mb/s to be bad
>there are people in this world who get 100 mb/s down and 10 up

Wow I wish I didn't live in bumfuck nowhere.

Sweden doesn't have sensible gun laws. Sweden is ergo shit.

>rape capital of europe

sorry, can't hear you over sweden's HDI dropping

>use resource pack for a little while
>suddenly feel like seeing how things work with vanilla
>actually enjoy how it all looks
What the fuck is going on

Its me again. And i wondering if it would be a neat idea to add a little pixel art "introductory" to any interesting mobs that we may come across in the series.

>pic related

How it would go would be to fade to white and and go to the little attack animation and display stats and info for the enemy kinda like a Pokedex.

>automating literally anything with Logistics Pipes
What's up with all this enjoyment I'm feeling? Why have I never played this much with this mod before?

Where do diamonds spawn at in TS2? I'm asking because I could swear I should have found one by now normally, so are they higher up in the world or something, like redstone is?

Thoughts on Mo' Creatures?
Thoughts on Lycanites Mobs?

>mo' creatures
shit for too many reasons to name
>lycanites
from what I've heard it's good, a bit too hard, but doesn't fit in with minecraft at all

Are there really no mods that just remove hunger
why

check out Hunger Strike

It's amazing. I use it instead of AE2 whenever I can. The best part is the + buttons on the request table - load up a recipe with NEI, then hit +, and it will pull all of the components from storage and craft them if necessary. AE2 has no substitute for that.

Can't AE2 ME crafting terminal do that?

>tfw it just werks

it can in the exact same way

Did they think it couldn't do that?

Nope. It won't request the crafting of any components of the recipe you loaded up using NEI.

For example, you want to craft an iron pickaxe, but you have no sticks in storage. Attempting to load the iron pickaxe recipe into a crafting terminal will only put three iron ingots into the grid - you have to manually request the sticks to be crafted.

In the request table, attempting to load the iron pickaxe recipe will fill the crafting grid with ghost items. Then, when you click +, it will request iron ingots from storage *and* request the crafting of the sticks, both of which will be sent to the request table's inventory.

Oh that's what you meant, that seems like a great feature, I wish AE2 had that.

So I stumbled upon a spider spawner while I was digging. How do I turn it into an efficient exp farm?
Please keep in mind I play vanilla only

>second modded playthrough (w/ friend)
>build quarry
>build basic thermal expansion machines
>get enough yellorium for small big reactor
>build basic AE2 system
>automate various things
>build jetpacks and race across the world at high speeds at little cost
>place ender IO farming stations
>use tesseracts to seamlessly transport items, energy, and fluids
>use a single minefactory reloaded block+tesseracts to automate mob breeding
>build bigger big reactor to run a fully-upgraded ender quarry at high speed, giving me all the ores I'll ever need
>friend insisted we install draconic evolution so I'm almost done automating wither skull production and wither boss spawning

Now after ONE week I'm bored. What the hell do I need to do for my third playthrough to ensure I don't use mods that trivialize things and quickly bore me?

TRAINS

trains are pretty cool, but is there a complementary dinosaur mod?

Build stuff that looks cool.

>smelting ore gravel
you're only meant to smelt dust
max output by max industrialism

Step one: make something like buildcraft the upper tech limit. None of this AE2 or ender quarry shit. No meme reactors, no MFR
Step two: impose a bunch of rules on yourself, like no item teleporting, or limited automation only
Step three: stop rushing things, and powerautisming to endgame, just chip away at projects
Step four: lern 2 aesthetic builds, and focus on integrating those into your projects

Remove mods that trivialize any solution. Add mods that require problem-solving.

this is beautiful, i could watch this all day.
second best webm of MC ive ever seen

Fellow train enthusiasts, how do I automate filling the trains with coal and water?

Drop AE2, use Logistics Pipes instead
Drop DE
Don't use teleportation but trains instead
Drop BR
Drop MFR magic blocks
Try to build aesthetic
Add custom NPCs and build little villages

cheat in a command block and have it give you saturation every so often

>remove mods that accomplish anything
>add mods that make you grind
t. ftb and groupies

>problem solving = grind

there's a difference between grind and mental puzzles. BC pipes, for instance, are probably cheaper than an AE network, but you have to think more to use them. less grindy, more challenging.

>BC pipes

If all you want to do is drop items on the ground, you don't need to install a whole mod for that.

>shitposting this hard

I was just giving an example, user.
That said, if you have items dropping on the ground, you built your system poorly.

>dropping items on the ground

Niggawhat

You need to learn to pipe if you've got shit dropping on the ground, I mean, I'm fucking retarded, and even I can build a mostly-foolproof pipe system.

I have literally never had items spew out of Buildcraft pipes ever.
You're a shitter who can't organize chests using diamond pipes.

Not him but if I leave a quarry with too much RF going into it my auto compressed cobble crafters get flooded and clogged

I don't have a buffer chest though

>buffer chest

See what I mean? The added "challenge" of BC pipes isn't making them do what you want, it's making them do that without dropping all your shit on the ground.

>open the game up at 1440x900
>open inventory
>NEI shows 89 pages of items
>go back to surfing for mods because I remember having 400 pages once

What do I do with an empty mag in Call To Battle? Throw it away?

>320 of those pages are exutil covers and microblcks
lol

I wish, my shit was so cluttered it was no joke

railcraft fluid loader above the tender for water
railcraft item loader next to the steam locomotive for coal

That is NOT what I said.

See AE2 as an example: it trivializes any storage solution you'd ever need into a "you don't need to think to set this up, just grind a bit more". Compare it with any modular system you'd make in its place, with a single or multiple mods.

retard here
Need some help with IC2, I have a kinetic generator going attached to a windmill, but it's not actually outputting to the cable attached to it; what did I fuck up? Using Mekanism Universal cables, if that matters.

Well I finally got this game after years of watching and hearing about it. I've been playing for a few days now but I still haven't found any diamond. But I did build a nice house out of bricks and stone blocks.
Don't really understand redstone or enchanting yet but I probably will pick it up in time.

When archaeologists unearth this stratum, they will know the exact date my civilization learned to make big hammers.

>time to make plans in my head

build a dick shaped church

are the TUBES! better than TE ducts?
what TE is used for that steel frame around glass?

thank you

send help

everyone should do this desu