SAVE US MAZDA

SAVE US MAZDA

Save us from pigfat hybrids!
Save us from dual clutch automatics!
Save us from unattainable sports cars that cost over 100k!
Save us from all wheel drive!
Save us from twin turbo vacuum cleaners that go fast but have no personality!
Save us from benchracing tools that put lap times over fun!

Surely the RX-9 can make Japan great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

motoring.com.au/mazda-rx-9-locked-in-103563/
newatlas.com/aie-rotary-roadster/45514/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will buy in a heartbeat if it performs

no, cool renders won't make Japan great again

Modern car cancer.

why are those wheels so fucking huge?

It's a render, we don't know what it'll look like. Just that it has no hope of eclipsing this:

hoping it's around 40k(AUD) and not 80k as most people predict.

>make the RX-9 an MX-5 with a hardtop and a rotary
I can live with that.

>Save us from pigfat hybrids!
There is at least a 50% chance the RX9 will be hybrid to meet emissions standards.
>Save us from dual clutch automatics!
If it's automatic (and there's a big chance they'll offer an autobox to compete in the upper sportscar segment), it'll be a conventional automatic, but with a torque converter and clutch combo, a la Skyactiv-Drive.
>Save us from unattainable sports cars that cost over 100k!
80K is still too much for most people on Veeky Forums.
>Save us from all wheel drive!
When they made the MPS?
>Save us from twin turbo vacuum cleaners that go fast but have no personality!
FD was twinturbo though. RX9 will likely be, too.
>Save us from benchracing tools that put lap times over fun!
That's where the Miata comes in.

GRIPTION

Mazda in 100 words or less:

>Make awesome car
>Gets rave reviews
>Nobody cares because it's not Toyota, Subaru or Euro
>Doesn't sell well
>Discontinued after three years

History will repeat itself and it'll be a unbelievable second hand buy.

Is this for real or a render?

>stretch it out a bit, front and back
>give it a wing
>go up one wheel size
>slim down the nose
>make it a hard top
>add 16C rotary and a tarbo

Why not just do this?

80k AUD is actually cheaper than the price of the FD at launch (around 83k, adjusted for inflation).

Hoping $60k maximum, but very doubtful considering they charge $38k for the MX-5 :(

You forgot
>Pigfat car companies bribe reviewers to shit on it
>Pigfat companies hire astro-turfers to shit on it

That's a render, they should have a prototype model at Tokyo Motor Show though. It's not meant to be in production until 2019/2020 anyway so it has plenty of time to change and meet standards.

Any hope of us seeing a pre-production model in 2016?

I mean 2017 fug

>save us from the pigfat hybrids
Might be a hybrid bud since BMW is working with Mazda on it. Rumor is they're going to add a i3/i8 electric motor in it.

Goddamn I am so fucking hype for the RX9. Modern rotary? Fuck yes. Modern manual sports car? Fuck yes. Modern Mazda fun? Fuck yes.

That's the new Supra, not the RX.

Supra is guaranteed to be an overweight twin-turbo hybrid landbarge with AWD. Mazda knows better.

>Supra
>AWD
>rebadged GT-R

NOOO, FUCK NOOOO

Sorry, the Wankel is DEAD
I know wankheads are in severe stage 4 denial over this, but the Wankel is not coming back. Emissions and fuel economy requirements are far too strict, and by nature the wankel doesn't complete combustion before the exhaust port is open, and doesn't burn all of its charge. This is due to the basic design of the engine and the port timing, it's just not possible for the wankel to thrive anymore, CAFE and EPA have killed it dead.

>Supra is guaranteed to be an overweight twin-turbo hybrid landbarge with AWD.

>overweight
>twinturbo
Just like the old one then.

>hybrid
[citation needed]

>AWD
Not likely if the chassis is going to be anywhere near optimised for a RWD BMW Z5.

And yet mazda has pegged one for release
Seems you're the one in denial user

No they don't. You have only speculation to go on.

They're actuary only 15 inches the car is just really small

Stay mad pistonfag

So much engineering went into the MX-5. It proved the entire industry wrong by being lighter than the previous generation AND the one before that, while still meeting all modern safety regs. It'd be a waste to not use it on the new RX. Even if you spent 300 pounds on toughening the transmission/suspension/giving it better proportions, it's still lighter than an FRS.

EPA and CAFE can go jump in a lake. The whole reason the rotary sold so well in Japan is because it was below the displacement tax in Japan but had good power. They don't care about that.

hopefully it looks like RX-7 FC/FD, RX-8 looked awful. if RX-8 had slim sides like RX-7, nice smooth hood and non-shit rear lights it would be decent.

>"we plan on releasing this car in this year"
>No no its just speculation
Whatever

>RX-8 looked awful.
It looked like a Mazda 6 with some flare. A complete joke.

Don't let pissed-on fags get to you, fellow rotard. They know we are easy to troll, to ruse, to smeckledorf. Pay them no heed and carry on with your day.

As for you, pic related.

>shit rear lights
fight me faggot

RX-7 is objectively better

Nice Smart Roadster

>The Mazda RX-8 is a sports car that was manufactured by Mazda between 2003-2012. It was first shown in 2001 at the North American International Auto Show.

>The Smart Roadster is a two-door sports car first introduced in 2003 by Smart GmbH.

Im not saying that the rx7 is bad but the rx8 lights are mediocre only if compared to the rx7 which will always win to every fight against the two at all sectors even if its worst at even a single sector

No one here can afford an rx9

I hope they have a 400hp turbo version to BTFO the competition, and a 300hp NA version I can actually afford

As an RX-8 owner, I agree. S2 lights are better.

Forever Benchracers
Forever we will argue

Okay now that's pretty decent

Looks like something off an Altezza

If I start saving now I could reasonably buy one a year after it comes out.

Yep totally agree. I like the way the RX8 looks but the S1 lights always ruined it for me. Just looked really cheap and ricey. S2 lights are far superior.

Hopefully, that'd show that it's fucking real and that they're committed to it. They could still easily pull out before devoting a lot of money into building a working, safety compliant model. Depends what their aim is with the engine, whether it's just to stick a 20B in it and hope it holds together or if they're developing new major improvements to the core rotary design; the less complex work they're putting into it, the sooner we'll see more of the RX-9 and the sooner it'll actually release.

Doesn't really matter, RX-9 can look like a pigfat RX-8 for all I care, I just want to see if Mazda can pull off a better rotary engine.

>they don't care about that
>it makes it literally illegal to sell it in their largest market
uh lol ok

>>"we plan on releasing this car in this year"
s p e c u l a t i o n
they've been saying they're making a new RX for 4 fucking years m8, it's NOT HAPPENING

Shitty magazine articles writing about uncited rumors aren't the same thing as mazda showing off a concept at an international car show
Its happening you contrarian faglord

If the concept is that ugg I can on;y imagine how bad the production model will look.
>ie supra

They have had live concept displays if it's anything like the new NSX development process it should pretty much come out the same way.

>haven't made a rotary since 2012
>Mazdaspeed pretty much dead
>can't get a manual in any car with more than 155hp
>can't get more than 184hp in anything except the 2+ ton CX-9

>expecting Mazda to save you

Prove it

>Direct Injection 20B
yessssssssss

Hot damn boys I might just be able to buy one new if they can keep it reasonable.
Hope it doesn't turn out to be a turd like the rx8. I see rx8s in good condition, low miles go for 8k. No one likes them. Sad!

The engine strangles itself for emissions.
180bhp with no headroom outside of drastic modifications.
Also it's a rotary.

>Shitty magazine articles writing about uncited rumors aren't the same thing as mazda showing off a concept at an international car show
> concept
kek

you literally described the GT350R
>opposite of hybrid
>available in stick shift
>a under 100k even after markup
>RWD
>naturally aspirated beast of an engine
>it gives you both
this car doesn't get nearly enough credit as it deserves

Its going to be at least 60k.
How are you guys such shit at predicting prices.

>>overweight
>>twinturbo
>Just like the old one then.

>le Supra is heavy meme

It was lighter than half its competing field, but no one on Veeky Forums remembers that.

Prove it's not happening
So far mazda has said it is

Renesis makes 280hp crank with stock intake manifold, larger injectors, custom exhaust and aggressive tune

No, sir, you are not going to be getting like fucking 24" wheels on your Mazda Sports Coupe.

"No"

Yes
I'd side with the guys that have been running formula mazdas for years over stupid anonymous

>prove it isn't
Proof doesn't work that way dumbass
Show one reputable piece of information that shows it is anywhere near production. Show one ounce of proof that isn't some stupid speculation or concept car.

Only mazda fanboys seem to be stupid enough to think concept cars mean anything other than
>take a look at what we let our designers waste some money on for press coverage

>"Mazda acknowledges that 50 engineers have toiled eight years developing a new 16X two-rotor engine. The company even filed a patent for a new rotary engine earlier this year. Direct fuel injection, turbocharging, and a displacement 23 percent greater than the RX-8's 1.3-liter will help clear the hoped-for 400-hp hurdle."
>NOPE, NU-UH, NO PROOF, NOT HAPPENING

They're also planning to show a new concept at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show which should show a more finalized design.

>his proof is a patent
kek

Unless you lose 80hp in the drivetrain I'd said that claim is ridiculous

bullshit

Show me a build that managed to pull an extra 100 horsepower out of fucking nowhere with a new exhaust and bigger injectors and I'll believe you.

No.

d y n o s l i p
y
n
o
s
l
i
p

>muh old cars

Why does it have no hope to eclipse this exactly?

I hate fucking pricks like you that glorifies old cars that they never touched because its the cool thing to do.

>muh stang
I hate people who pretend new things are better just because they're new.

I can't, but my bank can :^)

Since Mazda and Ford partnership ended and company management changes were made during the intro to kodo. Majority of all concept cars released since then were slated for production. Mazda C designers don't have the luxury like they use to in created one off concepts. Take a look at the Mazda Shinari concept car, which is todays Mazda 6, Mazda Minagi Concept which is todays Mazda CX-7, Mazda Takeri concept which is Mazda 3, and the Mazda Koeru which is todays Mazda CX-3. Very little was modified to the concepts that are now production cars.

The only exception to this is RX-Vision concept which was created as a favor by chief designer Ikuo Maeda who is lead on the next Mazda rx project but also said until they have a working skyactive-R he isn't going to be focusing on it.

fuckin a you people do some real mental gymnastics

gold metal shit m8

motoring.com.au/mazda-rx-9-locked-in-103563/

I only know this because i did an article on it not to long ago, but was never published because nobody cares about what isn't happening at Mazda. But i hope those name drops made you google. Cheers!

>Sorry, the Wankel is DEAD

Never say never.

newatlas.com/aie-rotary-roadster/45514/

Where is my road legal production Furai, Mazda?

Pre-Kodo, The car was a concept of a concept, Taiki spawned Furai, unfortunately Mazda in 2008 less than a year after the Furai was unveiled Mazda had its Management change splitting ties with Ford. and Hisakazu Imaki who was adamant about returning to LeMans with the Furai stepped down and the dream along with it.

...also...it went up in flames by TopGear and since the team responsible for the Furai was gone from Mazda by the time of its demise, there wasn't any need to go build a new one. The Furai and its hopes and dreams died in 2008.

I love the GT350 but it's not the same kind of sports car as the RX.

>That's where the Miata comes in.
miatas are garbage and a fag car

Found the insecure fag

pretty sure toybaru saved OP

found the fag

>I'm an insecure manchild who parrots /b/-tier memes to make me feel better about my own closeted homosexuality

Why do Canadians have to slap pride onto everything

We're talking about AUD you autist.

>assblassted gayiata fag

MAKE NIPPON GREAT AGAIN

100 horsepower? It's like 60hp extra

Reamemiya and formula mazda guys knows what's up

>Miatas

holy kek