NISSAN IS OVER

>a full second slower than a fucking Mustang

m.youtube.com/watch?v=e6GeN6Moth0

Nissan had one good car left, and they somehow to managed to make it worse. Why can't Nissan do anything right?

>Nismo N-Attack spam inbound

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-news/supercar/2018-nissan-gt-r-heres-what-we-know
youtube.com/watch?v=AF9Uva-QaNs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The GTR nismo is faster

nisssan shills on suicide watch

>Motor Trend
>Randy Pobst
Into the trash it goes.

NISSAN FANGIRLS BTFO

FORD GODMACHINE WINS AGAIN

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

damage control: the post
stay assblasted

>Special limited production snowflake.

The R35 is 10 years old next year, they need to move the fuck onto the R36 already. I'm guessing they'll release a 10th Anniversary Edition of the R35 in 2017 then plan the R36 for release in 2018/19.

assmad

>barely faster than your average joe camaro

fug

they're deliberately softening off the base model to make room for a spec-v and nismo

I hope it's an actual non edgy non pigfat skyline

if the r36 was planned for 2019 you'd be seeing mules right about now

The Mustang driver would sperg out and crash it into a tree before the race even starts.

Anyone who wants an *actual* GT car isn't going to buy a Nissan. They can get a BMW or a Bentley or a Benz or something. If someone is buying a GT-R, it's because they want Godzilla, the supercar eater.

Softening the car killed it.

Kek

Blame this guy...

>best driver's car contender
No. Just no. I would call it a technological masterpiece but definitely not a "driver's car"

>NISSAN IS OVER

I'm pretty sure it was over the moment they pooped that monstrosity and became one of their best selling "car"

Pretty much everyone who wanted a GTR for those reasons has got one already.

Does Nissan, as of *right now* make a single good car? Or even an okay car?

>high performance shelby mustang with 7k carbon fiber tires can barely beat a regular GTR

>OP already in full damage control so no one mentions the Nismo

you shouldnt even be comparing a fucking mustang to a gtr. But Ford stepped up and now the gtr got beat

>excuses

A GT-R should never be slower than a Mustang. Ever.

Nissan is shit, admit it.

Base model gtr is faster at the ring by a huge margin
Motor trend has a dirty habit of putting base model gtrs against track model amerishit cars and gimping them in someway.

Micra is the only good non-sports car that they make. Unfortunately the Nismo version is Japan only, for some retarded reason.
370z is a mini GT-R, it's ok
GT-R is actually good but it's a fucking dinosaur at this point

All the crossovers, vans and other vehicles are all shit.

Lel

"no"

what was that, 7 years later? that said they're both great cars but the R35 is a bona fide legend

>calculator on task bar
>laptop
>not win7
>mcafee
Lol pleb

>track car with barely legal street tires slower than base model gtr on all season run flats from last decade
Roflmao what a shit car gm made

>Laguna Seca

'16 GT-R 1:36.35

'17 GT-R 1:37:08

Took america nearly a decade to meet the performance. The current GT-R is on its way out as its an very old platform.

Isn't the GT350R a racecar at this point? and doesnt the GT-R weight a fuck ton?

All things considered its not a big win for the Mustang (and i would love to have one myself)

I wonder what things will look like once a new gen GT-R comes out.

>Z28
>track car
"no"

>cumarrow is faster on all tracks except the one Nissan cheats on

holy fuck.

How will Nissan ever recover?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>ceramic brakes and tires that are barely stteet legal
>not a track car
Okay

>damage control
Keep quoting tines from manufacturer paid American publications though:^)

By being the fastest volume production car at the nurburgring

same driver? track conditions? weather?

No, GM is still shit.

This is Ferd > NISSISHIT thread.

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER

Daily reminder a broken fwd nissan laps la sarthe faster than Fords and Chevrolet highest end race cars, the ecoboost gt and c7r

"guys i;m new here, iz over 5 seconds faster per lap a lot?"
-hugh mungus

>fake lap times
7:08

>bbbut muh irrelevant American tracks!

It's think it's quite nice that they're not chasing lap times any more.
I doubt even 5% of MY2017s+ will see a track in the next 5 years.

>[INCOHERENT RAGE]

Top lel :^)

>projecting
Roflmao, let me know when the corvette can run for more than two minutes without overheating or crashing:^)

>7:08

>7:08
is that one of the fake lap times you're on about?
>literally zero proof a production spec n-attack can do that time

>No no its not true!
Watch the video user, denial isn't healthy for you

shhh only dreams now

>talks about denial but thinks it's a fake laptime if it's from an independent magazine but not if it's nissan's pr dept

lmao who are you kidding except yourself

*dreams of corvette being able to run for more than two minutes at a time*
Maybe one day...

>this upset corvette can't compete
Lol, world record holders for fastest (volume) production car says hello

>Gm fangirls run away
Roflmao bitches

>still parrotting data from nissan's pr dept while ignoring independent findings
a less educated person than myself might be susceptible to marketing guff. stay in school.

It proves shear power beats awd and other technological shit

>No no its not real pls believe me even though I'm Just upset and unable to back up my claim!
Roflmao so ass mad
Stay BTFO

NISMO GTR is also fastest street legal vehicles at Goodwood
Like 10 seconds faster than cuckvette Roflmao

>>No no it is real pls believe me even though I'm Just upset and unable to back up my claim!

It makes less power than the gtr and is slower

YouTube- nissan NISMO skyline r35 gtr world record nurburgring lap time

>so upset he's parroting me
I know you are but what am I! Roflmao so sad

>guaranteed_replies.jpg

>GT350R a racecar at this point?

No, it isn't. "race-car" is just an overused buzzword given to cars that are extremely fast as a compliment. even some auto-mags say "race car" is a "clechi title" it still has creature comforts and because i (think) it has magnetic ride control it can be daily driven comfortably. The Mclaren F1 single handedly won Le-mans beating out protos (actual race cars) with a lot less modifications. it still doesn't make it a race-car but it (and the F40) have been called "race cars" for the road even though they are still production road-cars and both still needed conversions to race with actual race-cars.

>Took america nearly a decade to meet the performance

You mean the mustang? there were cars that could match the performance out of the US. the ACR was always faster and the new one still is the C6 ZR1 could match or surpass non-nismo GTRs on plenty of tracks and when driven by the same driver.

>All things considered its not a big win for the Mustang

I guess we'll see when Driver's car pick comes out. some cars tic all the right boxes for people in the right ways.

not in your lifetime m8, some idiot at nissan was trying to equate weight to down force being the samething.

topgear.com/car-news/supercar/2018-nissan-gt-r-heres-what-we-know

"According to the GT-R’s ‘father’, Kazutoshi Mizuno, anyway. A while back he animatedly told TG that the legendary supercar had to be that heavy.

“All journalists say GT-R is heavy, heavy, heavy - it should be lighter, lighter, lighter! I say, journalists need to develop a more professional level of thinking! More study! More thought! The GT-R needs to be this weight. A car with less weight does not handle. Lighter weight can be dangerous, and it will not be driveable by all customers.”

He uses downforce as an example. “An F1 car weighs 560kg, more than 600kg with the driver,” he says. “How much downforce does an F1 car generate? Around 1300kg. So what is the total weight? 1860kg. A GT1 racing car weighs between 1200kg and 1300kg, plus downforce of 600kg, the actual weight on the car is 1800kg…”

With road cars unable to generate such vast downforce figures, that means we’re looking at a hefty kerbweight. “But with performance accessible to all customers. I have a big responsibility to the customer,” he once told us.

I can't believe a professional engineer said this. Was he trolling?

nobody but the richest of the rich will ever DD the fastest of the fast so why even bother making more than a handful

eventually it'll be like motorcycles where there are track only bikes and then benchracing is irrelevant for everyone else because there's a gentlemans agreement regarding the fastest a car can go around tsukuba

also wondering, how come american cars always perform so well in MT tests but not so much for other reviewers?

of course he isn't

traction literally comes from gravity pulling the car into the road

more weight = more pull = more traction

if you have 600hp and no traction, you're fucked

aka look at the 911 gt2, the viper, the carrera gt, the zr1, etc. all cars that have tons of power and lightweight but require professional hands to really flex the muscle because their limits are very defined due to the low weight

>He uses downforce as an example. “An F1 car weighs 560kg, more than 600kg with the driver,” he says. “How much downforce does an F1 car generate? Around 1300kg. So what is the total weight? 1860kg. A GT1 racing car weighs between 1200kg and 1300kg, plus downforce of 600kg, the actual weight on the car is 1800kg…”

I can only assume that this dummy got his technically degree from an unaccredited institution.

what is inertia famalam

Lightweight+downforce will always be faster than sheer weight.

you guys are FUCKING DUMB

inertia doesn't do anything. you're actually losing grip due to inertia because the traction is being spent laterally when you're trying to put power down longitudinally. which is why you have camber so you get a better contact patch in corners

and he said

>Lighter weight can be dangerous, and it will not be driveable by all customers

he's not saying that heavier = faster. he's saying that heavier = more accessible speed. you have more weight which means more traction which gives the AWD system more grip to utilize when a roughneck puts his boot down to the floor in the middle of a turn like a noob

FUCK it's like you guys have never driven anything with real power before

Guess what famalan Nissan is going to make it even more pigfat, not knowing that the next GTR is jumping on the hybrid technology meme tough shit homie

They haven't. They only read magazines and wish from afar.

So he is literally saying that they built the GT-R to go fast in a straight line, at the expense of handling.

no

>you're actually losing grip due to inertia because the traction is being spent laterally

more weight is just going to mean less lateral grip in the corners, pure weight isnt going to stop you flying off when you floor it mid corner nothing will.

ever see a rally car do a hairpin on a road circuit?

they flick, handbrake, slide, and then hit the gas while the diffs find the grip for them

same thing with the gtr. you can hit the gas and let the diffs do the work

now if you're just flying into the corner with wayyy too much speed then nothing will help you. but if you're just just off the line and need to tighten it up, you can hit the gas and the front end can pull you back in

The various parameters set out at the start of the design process made a heavy car inevitable.
I don't know if they added ballast anywhere in the car but if they didn't what he's saying is pr bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=AF9Uva-QaNs
>left it in auto
hahahahahahahaha

Nigga a gtr is a racecar , the ride is fucking brutal on your spine it's not by any means a civil car

ironically R35 was designed the similar way you design trains.
where you have 1 or 2 bogies per car each bogie has 1 or "half" engine per axle
each engine gets its share of current drawn from overhead line

and then you try to optimize whole design to have *lowest pressure on rail, lowest Cd*, wear of rails/speed on curves(which is why tilting car were developed)

ergo nissan can do whatever it fucking wants with GTR because of their AWD system. regenerative braking would be natural step.
but slightly bugs why they have removed 4WS

>being a bench racer

>ever see a rally car do a hairpin on a road circuit?
>they flick, handbrake, slide, and then hit the gas while the diffs find the grip for them
>while the diff finds grip for them
Fucking what

Rally cars don't have torque vectoring. They have a fulltime torque split.

That's what happens when you're owned by fucking Renault.

10TH PLACE: 2017 NISSAN GT-R

:08
Which Mustang is this being compared to?

I am guessing it's not the base model ecuck boost

without him
no new gtr
because he wanted to make nissan great again