/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Announcing a Presentation Months in Advance Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/

>Important News
「!」Official Nintendo Switch presentation set for Jan 12th: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/791455799302246400
「!」Introducing the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
「!」Nintendo reveals sampling of third party support for the Switch: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/789155375526260736
「!」New Super Mario game revealed for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/new-super-mario-game-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 enhanced ports/new entries teased for the Switch: ign.com/articles/2016/10/20/whats-new-in-splatoon-and-mario-kart-for-nintendo-switch
「!」Discover the Final Evolutions of the starters in Sun/Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=5uWAMwcRGmU
「!」New Pokken Tournament fighter to be revealed on Nov 1st: gematsu.com/2016/10/pokken-tournament-arcade-reveal-new-playable-pokemon-november-1

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/3GsWMgiU
Wii U - pastebin.com/n98NZg13

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12vyUOdPXbE
gematsu.com/2016/07/falcom-ceo-thinking-making-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-exclusive
youtube.com/watch?v=yvlFI9Nry3Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey you copied an old version of the OP, and also didn't add the MH XX news.

I'll post the missing part:
>3DS Rec List
Ctrl+F '3DSgames'
>Wii U Rec List
MAMMA MIA!!!!

That looks like shitpost news to me

They aren't

>recommended game list

Did a little update

Would you intrusive advertisers recommend the following?

>Noitu Love
>Futuridium EP Deluxe [N3DS]
>River City Tokyo Rumble (Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short)

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai [JP]

How is Severed 3DS port?

Are there any hacknslash/diablolike games for the 3ds?

VR is still 3D.

Nope, believe me we've looked all over.

seriously Veeky Forums's formatting is all fucked up on my laptop

>Switch trailer has 18,6 MILLION views on America Nintendo YouTube channel alone
>Many more million views in other regions
>Very little negative reception
>Everyone's fucking hype as shit
>tfw this will be an enormous success

It's good to see Nintendo back in the game after "resting" a year. The only must-have that came out this year for Wii U was SMTxFE

Will we have Nintendomination ála NES, SNES, and Wii? Or will it just be a success in a sense, like for example, selling 40 million units in its lifetime? Or will it fail miserably?

/nintyg/ video game analysts, GO!

It really isn't.

Like some people have said before, this is very easy to screw up but I think Nintendo can do it, it will all depend on the battery life and the launch lineup which apparently will be pretty cool with MK8.5 at least.

You forgot the new Pokemon trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=12vyUOdPXbE

HOLY SHIT GUYS, LOOK AT THE PREVIEW OF THIS NEW CONSOLE.

Sincerely, an Internet Explorer user

Looking at this now makes me sad. Nintendo had such visions for it ;_;

haha le funny internet explorer sucks meme XD
did you know nickelback is the worst band in existence? LOL! can't wait to share this one with my fellow redditors!

>being triggered by a joke when the point of the post is the preview of Wii U and how much their vision has changed as indicated by the spoilered text

Epic faggot.

>le epic meme frog
>triggered
>really,jpg
maybe reddit would appreciate your post

>getting triggered again

Maybe tumblr would appreciate your post.

Can we discuss the video instead like I wanted instead of spouting memes?

Like for example, a big part of that preview was about TVii. Whatever happened to it, and why was it removed?

ok

Post some of your favorite Nintendo game soundtracks. Pic related.

it's friday

>PLAYAN
>WATCHAN
>LISTENAN
>EATAN
>DRINKAN
>FAPPAN
>FEELAN

Good taste.
Paper Jam
Should prolly catch up on scream queens soon
Nothing currently
Just finished a doughnut
Water, tea soon
Prolly later
About to be disappointed by mobile game RNG

>see Switch devs thread on /v/
>like three or four people don't know who Marvelous is

I bet they're so casual they think Natsume makes Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons.

>tfw the Switch comes out in less than eight months
>you own less than 10 3DS games and 10 U games
>that isn't even 1/3 of the 3DS games you want and 1/2 of the U games

These games are so pricey. Were they pricey circa 2000 to 2004? I had a lot of NGC games as a kid but come the recession and I could barely afford one Wii game a year.

>Warioware on Gamecube. Possibly Star Fox Adventure or Viewtiful Joe later
>Youtube speedruns.
>Youtube speedruns?
>Shrimp sandwich
>Juice and water
>None of your business
>I wish I had more money.

or you could just hack both your 3DS and Wii U and get all the games you want 4free mate

Being poor doesn't justify piracy. You can at least make an excuse for retro games because they're so old no one is making a profit of most if any of them.

Nickelback is pretty good. I never got that meme. Are people that embarrassed by their memories of being 12 and watching Naruto amvs set to Hero?

If it's replacing the 3DS and U, expect over 40 mil probably. The handheld guys need somewhere to play their Pokemon and Yokai Watch after all.

ded general.
ded console.
Enjoy it manchildren.

>>PLAYAN
metroid fusion
>>WATCHAN
jojo
>>LISTENAN
mount eerie - wind's poem
>>EATAN
kraft dinner
>>DRINKAN
water
>>FAPPAN
not now
>>FEELAN
ok

sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with the other user. pepe is banned from this general.

>love Cooking Mama 1
>skipped out on the DS and Wii ones due to not buying many new games that gen
>wanna get one on 3DS
>there's a crap ton

Uh huh... Personally I hate the 3D style of the new Mama. She looked better as a sprite.

>Being poor doesn't justify piracy.

I respect your opinion and integrity user, but I feel entitled since N killed off the wii u so early and didn't deliver on the games, and yet all the games never dropped in price, I bought the system now at least I get some games for free (since I bought the ones I wanted the most like mk8 + dlc, bayo2, sm3dw, smash)

3DS plays DS games

How's Severed 3DS port?

hi randall, I'd tell you if this wasn't for your dogfucker chart

That wasn't my point. I want a new one but there's so many. At least two main ones, Gardening Mama, and Crafting Mama. I'm thinking of getting the latter two and the last main one.

How is the DS Virtual Console on U? I am thinking of getting Style Savvy. I like the newer ones and I've seen a let's play of the original online. It looks fun. I'll buy it physical some day but I'm thinking of buying a digital version now.

Just pirate the most popular games you care about and buy the ones that actually need support.

So, why exactly is there no DS VC on the 3DS eShop?

>muh 3DS is too weak to emulate DS!
explain WarioWare Touched

Until people will see the 500$ price point :^)

You're retarded.
It might not be too weak, but an emulator needs to be developed or ported properly.
Nintendo doesn't want to sell digital GBA and DS games on the 3DS for unknown reasons (no, the lies they say in interviews don't count).
You can run DS games on your 3DS natively because the 3DS has all of the hardware the DS has. No need to emulate anything.
WarioWare Touched was PORTED to DSiWare to be able to run as DSiWare software on the 3DS.

Post game series that have a history of being on Nintendo systems that likely won't be on the Switch.

>Trauma Center
>Cooking Mama
>Nintendogs
>Professor Layton
>Punch Out
>F-Zero

>Cooking Mama
>Nintendogs
>Professor Layton
Why do you think that?

CM and Nintendogs need touch screen support or motion controls to work.

Etrian Odyssey
Metrodi

>le switch has no touch controls meme
WOW

Not him and it seems it's already in the chart. Just

>Not him and it seems it's already in the chart. Just want to know how it compares with Vita and Wii U versions

fix'd

I don't know what happened.

ok

I mean, even if it runs well, it'll still be better on those platforms.

TWEWY
>implying franchise

Anyone wants to play Smash 3ds?

Why is Ace Attorney such an amazing game series? It's genuinely superb. Yelling OBJECTION! and having hype music playing is the best feeling ever.

Please keep in mind that I'm at case 5-4 at the moment so I don't want any spoilers, thanks.

It's the right combination of serious and silly.

Get Kunio for $20-25.

Also I really want to import the new Kunio.

Diablolike, as in gauntlet, there's Gotta Protectors. There's also side scrolling hack and slash Swords and Darkness, Shinobi.

VR is merely stereoscope.

>tfw I missed getting the BS theme on My Nintendo because I thought they were going to put up good stuff

GameCube and Wii games were at max 49.99 in the US.

It was a GBA series when Capcom had good staff and they took risks. Really good adventure series.

get out of my general

mamma mia

>Diablolike, as in gauntlet, there's Gotta Protectors.
That's NOT diablolike.

I'll play WiU.

are there any good apps/games that can help me learn kanji?

You wouldn't have sex with your switch, would you user?

REMOVE THIS CONSOLE TAN

>>PLAYAN
Wind Waker HD
>>WATCHAN
RE: ZERO
>>LISTENAN
Puscifer's Conditions of My Parole album
>>EATAN
Oreo's
>>DRINKAN
Elysian IPA
>>FAPPAN
Not currently
>>FEELAN
Pretty damn good

>>>WATCHAN
>RE: ZERO
I'm so sorry.

If it can run its games in 60fps then it's already winning this gen.

Dude it's so good. What are you talking about user

It's okay, it really depends on what your tastes from what I've seen, the episodes in the middle are objectively good but the rest can either be a bore or very entertaining.

I think its the perfect balance between cute and keeping you guessing.

X-D

In general games that have devs too shitty to go for higher fidelity graphics. A lot of the 3ds franchises would work just as well on mobile because they're not very control intensive.

Ninty's own franchises will either move on to Switch or go mobile with their new mobile division.

>walk into a double boss fight
>forgot my health and BP and star points were low due to spamming Bros and Trios for extra coins and exp
>Ludwig and Larry or some fag use a card that hits me for 60 damage and I'm RIP
Oh man. Should have healed before that obvious boss fight. Destroyed them after that though, going into the castle now.
>objectively good
>anime
lol. All anime is objectively bad.

>lol. All anime is objectively bad.
You won't think the same after watching this amine.

kill yourself

The Switch is probably gonna take over the visual novel market from the Vita. It's a shame so few get translated into English.

>tfw no English, physical copy of Higurashi and Umineko
>gotta play the Steam port with the ugly redesigned graphics

>Etrian Odyessy
>Bravely ____
>Yokai Watch*
>Harvest Moon
>Rune Factory

*if it's priced over $250 and too expensive for most 3ds users/kids, I expect them to just move the series to phones.

B-but my console Yokai Watch! It doesn't even need to be on handhelds. No one uses the trade feature. It's just there because Pokemon has it.

There's no way Harvest Moon is going mobile. They'll just go back to making console HM's like they used to.

Aren't most of those VNs on PS3/PC4/PC already? Don't see why they'd start going to Nintendo now when the demographics for those games are on Playstation to begin with. Not a VN developer but Falcom stated earlier that they were just going to make their games PS4 exclusive if the Vita is no longer viable:

gematsu.com/2016/07/falcom-ceo-thinking-making-legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-ps4-exclusive

Most other niche JP publishers would just go this route.

They were on the PS3 and PS4 because visual novels didn't work well on the Wii or Wii U. The Switch will be a double win in this scenario if it's popular in Japan, because it can both have HD visual novels on your tv and be a Vita replacement when you wanna read on the go.

>the year is 2018
>Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild have both been released
>Switch sells 20____ units
>BotW sells 3_____
>Nintendo is in ruins after their biggest loss in history
>Miyamoto hangs himself soon after filing for bankruptcy
>Reggie goes into hiding and is never seen again

>one lonely man who will remain unnamed, places his three copies of BotW next to his Majora's Mask 3D collection

The one fault of the Wiimote for me is that it didn't come with a charger. There's no reason for double A (triple A?) batteries when the DS had a charger.

Speaking of DS batteries, are you guys still on your original batteries? My phat DS' battery finally died on me. It only works when plugged in. I'm lucky if I can go 30 minutes unplugged. It doesn't even warn me, it just turns off. It had a good 10 year lifespan though.

Doesn't the Gamepad require batteries, too? And isn't the charger third party?

That's almost every notable 3ds series other than SMT and MonHun.

A better question would be what new developers you think the NS would attract to the Nintendo ecosystem.

how do I win

>16 gb card size

It's another GameCube.

If only Nintendo had been an American or European company and didn't take into consideration the comparatively odd preferences of Japanese consumers and had partnered with a big electronics/computer manufacturer like Sony or Microsoft. But I guess they could have failed if they were American like Atari as well.

Shoot it until it dies.

i never come here

everyone here is of the notion twins are the official tan right

console-tan is a shitty meme

Fuck off retard

On October 20, 2016, Nintendo of America Inc. filed in the United States via the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) three trademark applications related to Nintendo Switch. The markes entered in Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System (TRAM) on October 24, 2016

Word Mark NINTENDO SWITCH
IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Accessories for electronic video and computer game systems, namely, AC adaptors, chargers, earphones, microphones, power adapters, stylus pens; Action figures; Accessories for action figures; Board games; Card games; Cases for action figures; Computer game machines; Dolls; Electronic game consoles; Electronic game controllers and electronic game joysticks; Electronic game controllers with an integrated video display; Electronic game machines; Electronic memory devices for use with electronic video and computer game systems; Electronic video game machines for use with a monitor or television;

>stylus pens

>G & S: Compact discs, optical discs, cartridges and memory cards containing music, puzzles, stories, and video games

>Parts and accessories for cellular phones, namely, cellular phone cases and cellular phone straps; Video game cartridges; Video game discs; Video game memory cards; Video game memory devices, including, cartridges, compact discs, memory cards, and optical discs;

>discs
>phones

What do you think? Do they actually have plans for such things or did they just do it in case they came up with some ideas for it?

thanks, user! this really helped!

3DS carts started at 2 GB and went all the way up to 8. They will probably have 32GB ones.

They'll have 8, 16 and 32 gb cards.

capitalism is evil pirate all games

>indie games
>japanese games
So everything that could possibly have a chance of being good and a reduced amount of garbage? Great!

Reggie's such a nice guy.

He really is. He's one of the reasons I hope Nintendo succeeds.

How so?

Stereoscope is 3D.

Who hype for their controller with a 3 foot wire?

youtube.com/watch?v=yvlFI9Nry3Q

Nintendo does it again, Veeky Forums!

>PLAYAN
Some Super Famicom games, might play A Link to the Past later or maybe make my own JRPGs in the Super Famicom version of RPG Tsukuru.
>WATCHAN
Clarissa Explains It All, might watch The Wind Rises or Laputa: Castle in the Sky later or maybe some Star Wars.
>LISTENAN
Some Studio Ghibli soundtracks and some Taylor Swift songs.
>EATAN
Some homemade pasta.
>DRINKAN
Some iced tea.
>FAPPAN
My cute loli-like gf with nice legs.
>FEELAN
Pretty good.

lol, I was wondering when this might come up. everyone I know who wants this piece of shit has a setup where they are sitting anywhere from 8 to 20 feet away from a big TV.

In any case I'll be happy to mod some of the new controllers to work on my top loader. If it works the same as the SFC replica classic controller that only japan got, it'll be easy.