/digi/ - Digimon General

DOKAN PUNCH Edition.

Last time: Appmon episode 5 - Eri Karan's debut nevertheless - airs in about 4 and a half hours.

>Cyber Sleuth FAQ
pastebin.com/TPAsY1Z1

>Cyber Sleuth Digilinks
pastebin.com/zwdfyvu8

>Digimon Linkz English Guide
digilinkz.kongbakpao.com/

>Digimon World Guides
pastebin.com/W0ZgHnXJ

>Digimon Adventure tri. episodes:
nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=digimon tri

>Digimon World: Next Order is coming to the west!
gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-early-2017

>Discord Link (as requested)
discord.gg/0u0H6He7d5af9WO9

>Appmon Episode 4 with subs
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=863312

First for Fairymon's ass.

Dokamon looks like he'll be fun as fuck.

fairimon a shit

4 hours for new ep

>900

He's a weakass fuck.

>POWER: 900
lmao, weaker than Gatchmon

do you think they would make a supporting app stronger than the main one

Gatchmon is a fucking search app, one would think that an action fisting one would be at the very least equal, not outright weaker.

At the very least, at the beginning I thought that dokamon would be the "power" member of the group, strong but without any remarkable abilities while Gatchmon would be the versatile one that can turn the tides of battles with his special function. Alas, gatchmon seems to be just plain better

Fair points.

I just meant in the way that Gatchmon is the gogglehead's partner while Dokamon isn't.

There's only a 100 point difference so it's not as if Dokamon's 500.

I think powerlevels is a retarded idea in first place, specially in digimon. It was retarded when dragon ball z did it, where sometimes powerlevels was a very accurate way to know which characters were badass and which ones weren't but sometimes it didn't mean shit, and I bet it will cause as much shitstorm and butthurt in appmon.

Hopefully they will drop that shit later to cause less headaches.

You are all taking a that number too seriously

There's no suggestion they'll use it seriously... yet anyway.

That's what happens when the creators are retarded and uses stats and skill ranks in something other than a game.

Funnily enough the game does not use this "power" stat.

But the points of the Appmons are the same points they have in the Appli Drive, right? So powerlevels in this case are justified.

I don't think that justifies it. It works in a game because game mechanics but that doesn't always translate well into an anime.

Even those "you are in an RPG" anime that are so common in the last years knows better than to leave everything to stats.

Its all marketing
Kids love bug numbers attached to powerful cards they can buy, in this case its chips they can buy

The problem is that Appli Monsters is a cross-media project, so for better or worse, it needs be consistent between each work. Even in the manga the Appmons have levels, so I don't think they will drop it at this point.

Pokemon and youkai watch are also cross media projects, they are inconsistent as fuck, yet they are swimming in dat cash and popularity.

There's also the issue of a single DBZ-style power level being too vague.
At the very least, separate it into ATK/DEF/SPD and imply Dokamon's total is lower because his ability is worth more.

Yeah. If they are going full videogame on the show, they should add better defined stats, because who knows what the vaguely defined "power" means besides the obvious having more power is good.

This is nice thread

Hardcore lesbian action between Venusmon and Lilithmon is also nice

3 hours!

>lesbian
Not when I get involved.
then it will just be corpses

ONLY TWO HOURS TO GO

subs when?

Usually by tuesday

Post good female characters.

I like femPepe.

not that doesn't count, even within the girl digimon group.

Why, because she's evil?

because her character amounts to looking pretty. Even arukenimon is better, and it's hard to tell what she actually wants.

Zephyrmon was massively underused though.

The tri scene was a callback to this right
Both times koushiro doesnt care

>Zephyrmon was massively underused
Agreed.

as maki showed, what mimi needs to do is to send a video of her entering the room to his computer.

I wonder if the script writers had a thing against womons. They barely fought at all compared with the others spirit warriors. Even the kid with the ice spirit fought more times

Is that a real card? Damn

But that's a shitty tsundere and a furaffinity icon

it's more like they underused the beast spirits really, junpei, izumi and tommy's beasts spirits never got the action they deserved despite being pretty good designs.

glad we're past that era honestly, it was getting excessive.

SIXTY MINUTES

Yeah.

It reeks of desperation
Jesus

I wish the era of lewdmon cards had never ended

Man, Shademon was a miracle of the universe.

Now that you mention it, they really liked their human spirits despite the beast spirits were a straight upgrade. Alas, by the time using beast spirits would be a must, the double spirits become a thing and debuted a bit too soon, rendering non double spirits useless, made even worse when they further upgraded into the ten spirits fusions.

I mean why wouldn't a kid kick ass as a tomahawk wielding polar bear as often as possible?

He was such a badass and it was funny to see a small kid become a hulking sasquatch with a brutal fighting style. And if I remember well, Frontier had a few combination attacks and he had one with blitzmon. Shame things like that went underused.

or buldoze everything with a flying tank.

It's a boy's franchise.

Goddamit Bandai, why you refuse to use those awesome designs? Beast spirits screams being considered perfect level, so that's not an issue.

koichi at least had an excuse.

It's like they don't want the teenager driven by hormones/manchildren money

had they used their beast spirits they would probably have made takuya and kouji look average.

It's not like we acess to a lot of staff interviews to look into was going on during production.

Mistakes were made

under 30 minutes to go

you got all of these already.

unf

Xros wars missed a chance by not giving us an actual Lucemon (female)

>lucemon in the middle off all these womon

so beautiful it's a curse.

>Sistermons
Damn, puppets have no right to be that lewd.

The marvels of being lucemon in germany

renamon was a man in germany, so I think that tells us something about progressiveness.

IT'S TIME

Here we go

Dont let your toy get wet kids

Tonight's episode:

>Ep 5: "Dokkan Punch to your heart! Eri is the Appmon Idol!"

>Although Haru and Gatchmon thought there's only one Applidrive in this world, then they saw another one inside the popular rookie idol's bag! They try to find out the truth, but got stopped by the tight security in the TV Station. What will Haru do?

>L corp

LOOKS LEGIT

So they're following through with the manga then?

Need more.

Is the second chapter of the mange scanned yet?

No clue. Someone posted a scan of one of the idol sub-groups performing in front of L's logo though.

She is actually a normal sweet girl that is just trying too hard to fit into the idol thing

I didnt expect this at all I thought she would be very different from Ai, assertive and stuff but looks like its not the case

I like it

>Haru has to type keywords for Gatchmon
>Eri has to enter combos for Dokamon

I'm guessing torajiro will have to play/note music for musimon

>getting the sad backstory out now

Very good call

That interview in Animedia did mention her idol attitude was a front for her own personality.

more like rider kicks ftw.

Fuck I missed the preview because that stream site is ass
What is next ep about?

Eri episode with Perorimon.

Nothing more specific? Oh well at least the PV are not region locked in their yt page

the manga apparently had the idol group under control by leviathan but i haven't seen raws of that anywhere.

Who was the last genuine sweet girl in the Digimon anime?

It surely can't be Mimi, right? There must have been another one after her before Eri.

Takato.

I did mean an actual girl, user.

Juri, even if she did shatter like glass.

chika from savers, mizuki from hunters, take your pic.

Didnt expect Eri to be so pure

and suichon for a non mind raped example from tamers.

Already anticipating DokamonĀ“s evo death.
Its going to be brutal isnt it

Well she is the same colour as the holder of the Crest of Purity.

No, really: both Mimi and Eri have incredibly pink skin. Not to mention both have pink hair (or in Mimi's case, had pink hair)

if haru is takato mk2, and eri is juri mk2...eh, it could be worse.