youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0aCDmgnxg
youtube.com/watch?v=J5FFDj7vH6E
cowthing.itch.io/mushroom-towers
google.com/search?q=are hobbits copyrighted&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you working on tonight, user?

My dick

Can't think of anything. Give ideas.

Planning out boss attacks, then making the next attack after I finish.

Anyone need music? Looking for a project, I'm well versed in alot of styles. Something I finished recently:
soundcloud.com/soravme/city-smirk

Just finished my Halloween game. The only thing that makes it Halloween is its skellies.
Finished it in less than 48 hours but I'm sure some of you could have finished it in less than 10.

Are you uploading it?

>want to dev
>need to study

>end up doing neither

What's your dev music tonite, boys?
clyp.it/2akno5zg
>158676478
Planning a level.

I got a haircut and I may have gotten a part time job, not sure how the fuck that happened
Anyways I hope the pay is good because I have no fucking idea what that is or where I'm supposed to work or how many hours it is but if it is enough maybe I can buy some software and pay for more classes

Writing more of my spooky story, hoping to have three chapters ready to go on Halloween

Maybe fucking around a little more with Blender

Just did

Boss music, as it puts me in the mood for when I'm working on bosses.

clyp.it/34brat4l
clyp.it/m2ev32xm

Hey /gdg/. I was directed here form /v/. I 'm working on a crazy arcade style game mixing pinball and twin stick shooters. I"m using Gamesalad because I'm a scrub. Here's a gif of my latest progress. and if you want to play the pre-pre alpha demo it's here: arcade.gamesalad.com/games/139001

Let me know what you guys think. I could use the feedback! Especially on the art. I'm a terrible artist.

Working on some neat effects for lighting

Started working on a code input box.
I'm planning on using it to unlock some stuff, like opening a safe deposit box or something like that.
Still have to figure out exactly how to make the object and the UI interact but it should be trivial.

youtube.com/user/Krelez/videos
Every random chiptune mix on this channel.

Cool genre fusion my man

I sat here watching this for about three minutes and occasionally saying "what the fuck"

This could be pretty rad, user

That's a novel genre mashup but holy shit the current control config you got going on is awful.

Pretty neat idea.
It needs an absolute ton of juice though, once you finish all the mechanics of course.

youtube.com/watch?v=216_5nu4aVQ
youtu.be/AJdEqssNZ-U?t=420
youtube.com/watch?v=Fy0aCDmgnxg

Thanks!

I do the same. I think "am I crazy"? but playing the preview build is a lot of fun.

Yeah I really need to map it to a gamepad. That's the best way to pay this, for sure.

Oh yeah. Screen shake, progressive sound, all that schtuff

muh engine

>have a pretty neat story idea for a game
>don't know how to do anything more advanced than Chonotrigger style combat or old school Zelda combat
>story is literally all about combat
i'll go kill myself then

>don't know how to do anything more advanced than Chonotrigger style combat or old school Zelda combat

yes you do

Story isn't game.
What kind of combat user... let's figure out how to make your story playable and fun.

Cleaning up and creating better previews for cards. Also gonna look at finishing up everything needed for the round system/state machine.

Neat

Not gonna finish in time for Halloween jam

It's getting really hard to work on my shit because I try to finish my schoolwork before doing anything else, but I procrastinate the schoolwork so hard that by the time I'm done, its too late to get any dev work done.
If I get this awful fucking assignment done, I'll be working on some animations tonight.

If I was going to make something like this I would ditch the shooting, but it's a cool idea.

Just do as much as possible. It doesn't need to be complete.

Chrono Trigger combat is awesome though?

What kind of game is it?

I like the combat style of Chrono Trigger too but so few people would enjoy that style of game nowdays idk if its worth even trying to make
I do?
It's mostly sword based combat because it's supposed to take place in a super militaristic totalitarian government who won't allow anyone except super high officials to have guns.

mousewheel to spin the numbers

>when you haven't worked on your game in weeks because you're trying to learn to draw

>so few people would enjoy that style of game nowdays

fr*g you

youtube.com/watch?v=J5FFDj7vH6E

working on 3d models in blender

>watching webm, thinking oh it's just split screen
>pinball machine fucking MOVES
whoa

Am I wrong or did I miss the last big release of a game with somewhat close to that combat style? No one uses it anymore because not enough people like it I'd assume?

That feel si just too familiar, user. I really don't know how artists do it. I think it would be easier if I would have a passion for drawing right from childhood. Just think about it. As a kid, you can enjoy things without any self critique. You just love what you are doing. Even if you start to be judgemental at one point, you already have enough experience to work with. Starting it now, however. It's just painful. And it feels like gambling. I know that if I google hard enough, and read the article for some time, I'll understand the algorithm and I'll be able to implement it. But how does it work with art? I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can not measure the amount of work needed for getting some basic skills, thus I just get unmotivated just by looking at the pencil.

Uploaded my Halloween jam game. Check it out.
cowthing.itch.io/mushroom-towers

Thanks again to Dr.Doomsday for the music!

>tfw draw half decent on pen/pencil and paper
>tfw can't draw for shit using a mouse on a computer
>tfw I know I'll have to buy either a scanner to scan my drawings to my computer or one of those expensive artist tablets that connects to the computer

I did have a passion for drawing as a kid, I drew every day. That's not enough, I was only drawing for my own personal enjoyment and to express my imagination, I never once stopped to think how I could actually improve my art. I had the mindset of a person who drew just to draw, not a person who drew to be better at drawing. It's only now after examining myself in adulthood that I realize that I wasted my potential.

Art is a form of problem solving as well, draw things in your head before you put them on paper/image.

You have to buy a tablet, with a scanner you'll still have to do a bunch of editing that will also be ass on the mouse.

I am Setsuna. Sold enough to warrant an indie doing it, but not a major studio.

pixelshit

Finally starting to see results of putting hundreds of work into training.

Intuos Small is cheap. You don't need anything more expensive. Yet.

No. You are wrong. All the shit I drew as a kid meant nothing when I actually cared how it looked and being an artist never gets easy. If anybody says it does they are a liar. You just have to want to do it.

Just buy a small cheap tablet to start.

Intous small is trash. I hate tablets, but the smaller ones are even more difficult than the larger ones. I cannot even use them though. I had to get a cintiq to make even decent drawings that were not just painting over scanned drawings.

>buy My Summer Car
>Unity splash screen
>made with Unity: Personal Edition
>car colour picker oscillates if you select it below where it pops up to show it's been selected
>text input is completely broken
Thanks.

You certainly get what you pay for. Then again, one has to start from somewhere - no point in getting expensive equipment when your skills aren't on par. user didn't sound like he was too confident in his art.

Are you even allowed to sell Personal Edition games?

Added control indicators, changed the fall animation and found a weird bug

I like this

>sidescroller with top down map?
Make it go

Cute son

Sounds like an excuse to me, user

Yes there is. Because using a intuous small, you might never get good. At least get a medium.

I make money for a living doing art, what excuse do I need? I've already paid back the price of the Cintiq with contract work. Some people just cannot use tablets effectively.

Some portraits, new NPC on right and rework on Liath (left).

I'll never learn to draw.

These are actually really good user keep it up

You might be able to get away with using a digital camera (instead of a scanner), especially if you're only using the original piece as a rough sketch for the final artwork.

Go for a 40$ no-name drawing tablet on which you can recover scanned drawings or buy an inexpensive cintiq rip-off (basically secondary touch screens on which you use a pen).

yep
you only pay unity some money if you make over $100,000

I once saw this documentary on this guy who had a major head injury and suddenly could draw and paint like an expert. So some of you might try that.

one thing though, the guy was also severly retarded as a result of said injury. so it's something to think about

Thanks. Faces feels fucking impossible to draw. Takes forever to even make them look like faces.

Anyways, tweaked some colors on ice sword. Now it's less like absolutely disgusting cyan and more nice blue. Also fixed issue with player's projectiles not applying status effect when enemy dies (couldn't freeze enemy if it's hp went below 0).

I'm slightly drunk so can't code -> I just make assets and tweak small things to not fuck up anything.

When is a fantasy race copywritted or trademarked?

For example, I'm sure my game could have elves and orcs, but what about Hobbits, Twileks, or Saiyans?

elves are from mythologies. Those cannot be copyrighted. Orcs I'm not sure about.

100% sure Hobbits, Twileks and Saiyans are copyrighted.

I think the animation framerate is too low for the kind of fast movement you got going on in your game. By which I mean it needs more frames.

1-5-7 Code useless tools
2-4 Code useless games
6-8 Ideasmanning
3-9 "Art"
0 Autism

Well it looks less saturated now. Color isn't a bad thing you know. Otherwise looks sweet.

I've been working on stairs and then getting distracted and fixing up old shit and then going back to stairs. I'm done for tonight though, next up is dinner and then social stuff.

I'm so sorry

1-4 - keep working on combat
5-9 - play bioshock
0 - watch movie

>1-4 - keep working on combat

To do list for tonight
Hopefully posting it publicly will make me work on it more

1-3 watch tv series
4-6 read book
7-9 dev
0 = fap

1-3 keep on toiling away in blender
4-0 make a coffee and then go back to blender

See you in forever

Why does the sword disappear when he stops swinging it

1-9 nodev
0 yesdev

I'm making a command line text adventure for shits and giggles

Should I kill myself
0-5 yes
6-9 no

No change there then

Welp

Hobbits are in like every traditional roguelike.

I guess I'll roll on this too.

Every traditional roguelike is also freeware, but yeah, even if the name Hobbit is copyrighted I'm sure you can get away with calling them halflings like everyone else that's not Tolkien does.

This

added acceleration on hills

google.com/search?q=are hobbits copyrighted&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
durrr

What if the cart decelerates too much on a hill? WHAT THEN, HUH?

Did you fuck up in quoting or something because how does roguelikes and hobbit talk pertain to the sword vanishing when not attacking.

and to answer that guy, hammer space, duh, the protag has a pocket dimension in his pockets

Yeah you're right, most games call them halflings, I forgot about that.

it has a minimum speed cap