Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/LEPIN-20001-tech-series-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Model-Building-Kits-Minifigure-Blocks-Bricks-Compatible-With/1460845_32697418641.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BwjqJLl9x1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes.

Gee, I'm not sure OP, because you didn't give us a fucking price.

$299

lol fucjk no. why is lego so fucking expensive

>why is lego so fucking expensive
I remember shopping for Xmas gifts a couple years back and coming to the realization that video games are a much cheaper gift. Probably why they're not as popular anymore

Yeah it's the experience with Lego that's way better than sitting in front of a TV. I love Forza as much as the next person, but goddamn does it get repetitive

I thought like that for a bit, didn't go to Legos exactly, but I used to be into building Zoids when I was a kid, so I got myself one to get away from the computer and for a bit of nostalgia and went about building it. Got about half way and said fuck it.

I still have it unfinished, I should finish it.

maybe if the internet didn't exist.
>buy lego set, build it, collect dust
>buy game, beat it, play with their friends online
it's a much more economical gift option for children, plus then you don't have to supervise them.

You can get the knockoff on aliexpress for $50.

Those Kotobukiya Highend MM sets were fucking amazing. So expensive when I was a kid though.

I want to pick up a car related hobby, but don't have room to pick up an actual project car. What do Veeky Forums?

>plus then you don't have to supervise them
Once they're past the age where they stick everything in their mouth, you don't have to supervise them much with legos either.

Model kits. Or benchracing like everyone else.

Why do people accept and even promote knockoffs? How poor can you get?

The fuck is benchracing?

where a you from OP ?
I have this set. it's 9001% worth it.
you can even make a RC car out of it.
the set is one of the best I ever had with the US Millenium Falcon.
All of my friends now have it. Of you can go check it our IRL in a lego store.

Arguing about which car is better using lap times pulled out of the internet's collective ass.

Houston. Where it's humid as fuck to do anything outside and boring as fuck to stay inside.

Ahhhh. Okay. Yeah I've seen those. I dont care, as long as whatever is fun

>not buying LEPIN from aliexpress way cheaper
aliexpress.com/store/product/LEPIN-20001-tech-series-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-Model-Building-Kits-Minifigure-Blocks-Bricks-Compatible-With/1460845_32697418641.html

I'd rather blow the $300

>all the detail shots are of the actual lego set
No thanks.

Can you work it?

Put that thing down, flip it, and reverse it?

youtube.com/watch?v=BwjqJLl9x1A

+ very good price
+ identical sizes with Lego
+ identical color with original Lego
+ identical decals
- some edges are sharp
- without box
- shorter assembly instructions
- worse quality of tires

I still have 3 built models in my room

>identical sizes
>doesn't use any sort of tool to measure them

+made of lead

>implying higher octane lego is bad.

legos are a pretty cool thing, got the old box of them down yesterday, finished making half of this gommiegar, I don't think I have enough little white slopes to complete it, so I'll mutate it in a pickup or something

I want this so fucking bad.

i put a +

The molds used for the plastic has to be manufactured with very high precision, as just a little bit off and the error would "add up" as you assemble pieces. So it's expensive to make and it's only good for relatively few casts. Lego is a high quality toy.

since the 80s the ROI on unopened lego boxes has outperformed gold.

RC Cars

Believe it or not but Lego has a seriously high bar when it comes to quality.
Every part ever made has to fit with any other part. As an engineer it was really impressing when I was allowed to go trough their factory. I was in many production lines and Lego has one of the best quality standards out there

if you have a decent PC buy a racing wheel, pedals and gearbox
start sim racing
it's quite fun, keeps me busy during winters when i store my miata and i don't have a fun ride

its sold out fucking everywhere

Legos are for children.

Model kits are for RYEAL HUMAN BEANs aka Men

Where my bionicle brethren at? nu-gen 2015's need not apply

Right here bro.

Seems like it. A proper high quality 1/18th model car is around 200, lego 1/8th is 300 and has a bunch of really cool shit like a working clutch and other functionalities to marvel at while building
Id get it if i had the money

Never cared for them. Bought pic related at goodwill for cheap to use the tank treads.

I had (and still do have) an older Lego Ferrari with similar levels of detail and similar original pricetag to this GT3.

Checked the price for a NIB version a few weeks ago and it was $1500.

In other words buy two, build one, keep the other in the packaging and sell it on ebay in 10 years.