Favorite car!

Hi Veeky Forums. What's your favorite car and why? Don't be shy.

Mine is the MKIV Supra. Dad was a big Toyota guy when I was growing up, had an old 72 Celica, a few 72 Land Cruisers, 89 Pickup, I grew to like them because of it. Got into racing games (NFSU) and discovered the Supra and fell in love. Been my favorite ever since.

Other urls found in this thread:

pasmag.com/features/vehicle-features/4221-mad-max-orido-street-machine-toyota-supra-jza80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My s2000 it's an absolute blast to drive

Supra is mine, nothing like a clean street car Supra.

Honestly I dont have one.

Whenever I think about dream cars and what would I get if I won the lottery i just can't come up with a consistent answer.

I see two knights of catarina squatting & high-fiving

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

DeTomaso Pantera, fuck you thats why.

They're doing a fusion.

Oh lord have mercy

The Supra has my heart.

So many people like the Supra. And here I thought Veeky Forums hated it.

Veeky Forums does. I'm surprised they haven't shit on it yet, and/or pleasantly surprised it's going as well as it has in this thread.

>Veeky Forums is one person

This is my dream car; they're beautiful, fast, and a competent car in every regard. If I could, I would drive one daily.

We refer to Veeky Forums as a collective all the time.

Rather a MK3 over the MK4, i don't like the body design, too blurred. RX7 did it right, the blurred body.

i've seen plenty MK4s in person, me and my friends all have supras- we try to out tune eachother- i'm one with a MK3, guess who's second to fastest at nearly 640 horsepower on a 7M-GTE.

Congrats?

actually, my bad. i shouldn't have said that because nobody cares.

in my mind i meant to emphasise the ability of the MK3 platform. but really i prefer it's styling.

MK3s my favorite car. was also a dream car.

pic related. I want both.
Attainable dream car is a 300ZX TT.

supras are fucking legendary. i dont give a fuck if its considered a meme on this board. this board is about cars, and the supra is a legendary car, period.

thats really cool that you own your favorite car user. I've been yearning for a roadster recently, but I'm more of an off-road guy

>supras are fucking legendary. i dont give a fuck if its considered a meme on this board. this board is about cars, and the supra is a legendary car, period.

i luffs chu

Veeky Forums hates when people do dumb shit like rice out a perfectly good car, like did

>rice

How is it rice?

everything done to that car is riced, are you blind?

Is it really? The guy who posted pics of it lurks on Veeky Forums. It's his one friends car. Doesn't seem like rice to me when he tracks it.

S12.

Im a total sucker for mustangs of any year, i have a 2005 GT myself.

that car looks so happy

E46 BMW's. Pic related is mine, right in between the avarage dutch cars.

I'm not a fan of many Mustangs, but this guy my dad knew stopped by one day with an 03 Terminator Mustang in sonic blue (I believe). And im a real sucker for Terminators.

It was absolutely magnificent, despite being a convertible. It was like number 314 or something.

Pic-related, not his but looked identical.

1M

Supra would probably be my 2nd choice.

Supreme taste

Pic related my current favourite

The supra is a legendary car for a reason.

>Near perfect weight distribution.
>Light for a car with such absurd road holding stability
>Takes extremely well to modifications of all sorts, ranging from stupid powerful built engines to full carbon fibre refreshes dropping the weight even further

No, it's not the ultimate car. There are better cars.

But it's such a fucking enjoyable experience to own and drive one. The cockpit is fun as fuck, it's like a fighter jet.

And given enough love, it can compete with some 200k+ supercars. It's just all around impressive.

For the record, it was popular before fast and furious. The ferrari scene in the movie is actually based off a real life incident with a testarossa and a supra being run by one of japan's best tuners at one of the japanese toll gates.

Amen

>For the record, it was popular before fast and furious. The ferrari scene in the movie is actually based off a real life incident with a testarossa and a supra being run by one of japan's best tuners at one of the japanese toll gates.

[citation needed]

>Light for a car with such absurd road holding stability
top kek

It's beautiful, and yet it's still a tractor underneath the hood.

>3 million god damn miles

I so want my favorite car (so far, and being a noob to the shit)(350z).. but not really sure about spending 7k on my first car..

Should I just go for it?

Any recs/reasons I should not get it?

Eclipse 2nd gen.

There's something about that rear lights that draws me to it.

Toss up between the 70 Challenger and Charger

BAM, first gen SHO. 3 litre v6, family sedan, 6.6s 0-60 in 1989, 5 speed only. I'm hopefully getting one on Saturday, I have become hype

>And given enough love, it can compete with some 200k+ supercars

are we talking about straight-lines/highway pulls?

I would love to have Porsche Panamera

La ferarri spyder

used to be the skyline but the supra's grown on me

240z, everything about it to me is just amazing.

What car is that? I love it

>Ink print of two roast chickens.jpg

It's a 4 seater Datsun Z

no, there's a video option of it going toe to toe with a f40 (the f40 wins but barely).

It's actually really fucking capable in the corners.

You just see it always done up by americans for straight line shit, but take a look on youtube at some of the jap tuners.

Orido's supra is really well done for cornering.

The chassis itself has really high downforce for it's weight class, if you've noticed it has very strong hips in the back and underneath the car it was maximised for airflow.

It's roof sits a fair amount lower than a skyline GTR, to put it in context.

Everyone thinks it's all about the engine, but there's actually a fuckton of clever engineering that went into the car. Like it's 4 channel yaw sensoring ABS.

It's outdated now by newer tech...but it can still compete if given a solid working over.

Let me see if i can dig up some of the jap tuners shit, they post all their crap in moon runes on youtube so it can be hard to find amongst the sea of people doing straight line shit.

pasmag.com/features/vehicle-features/4221-mad-max-orido-street-machine-toyota-supra-jza80

Have a read of this.

This. Only other time I heard this was on Veeky Forums and I couldn't find any proof. I think the story went that Toyota gave Smokey Nagata their Group A prepped Supra and told him to test drive it on the street and this happened. Once again, can't find evidence anywhere.

I've heard the VQ35 in them grenades faster than a rotary as much as I've heard that their indestructible. Any user's got stories?

triggered.

this was pre-internet days, i've heard it too but it's like an urban legend.
someone mentioned it to me years ago, supposedly they were testing out a supra that was off it's tits and ended up taking it on 1 of the toll routes.

in japan back then you would stop and pay coins into a machine at some, so apparently the story goes that banter was given by some ferrari owner who got his ass spanked.

That's fucking amazing. Those endless brakes are pricey as FUCK though.

I hear they're really good.

Kek i saw that too.

terminators are so cool, but they are becoming harder to find as they get older theyre almost collectables at this point.

This.
It will be my next car.
Im aiming for a lower-mileage non-turbo to ride through college, then ill save up for a nice 93+ turbo model.

You going to stance it?

I wouldnt call this stance. More-so a nice fitment but its closer to what im aiming for. The roads are pretty shit where I live so i cant get away with something without suspension travel or ground clearance.

Not if he aint no faggot.

That's pretty stanced

What's so special about the terminator vs other mustang trims?

It seems like nothing special.

I'm always wanting a different additional car but this one I don't want to replace. It's my favorite car.
>why
I mean look at it... and the noises and power it makes, the way it drives, it's just right to me.

Sure, there are faster cars and cars that don't understeer as much in tight turns, but they just aren't my Skyline.

>forged bottom end from factory
>supercharged
>DOHC
>Tremec T-56 6 speed
>IRS
>500+ whp available with just a smaller supercharger pulley, exhaust, and tune
It's pretty based desu.

My '05 G35 has the VQ35DE in it with 114k miles. It's ran and sounded great for the four years I've had it, although the head gasket tends to leak oil due to heat warping. I can't speak for the previous owners, but I've only put 93 octane and good synthetic oil in it.

My brother has an '07 G35 which uses the VQ35HR. It's got something like 140k miles on it, and he's never had any problems in the five or so years he's driven it.

Hi SCbro

Why'd you go user?

Hi Sea

No point in the trip

i'm pissed when i visit my mom and i see her 94 soft top miata rusting without plates and a breathalyzer in it. i wish i could take it and get it removed myself, but she's the one who has to do it, and she shows no signs of wanting to.

68 Camaro SS. Maybe with a LS. My HS wrestling coach had one of these and let me take it for a spin after I graduated. Currently trying to save up for one to restore if I can find it for a decent price, or I might just look for a salvage car.

>not hugging the curb to protect from door dings

fuck off normie

>no point

Doesn't stop the rest of us :>

>X chassis
been drooling over them (specifically JZX90 Mark II) all fucking morning. Want one next.

Torn between a X90, X100, or Z20...

Z20s are nice

I want the 1J and 4 doors, but the X100s are too new to import so X90 is it.

>tfw 15 year import law

I kinda want to live in Japan for a while and I kind of don't

My favorite car changes so frequently. Though currently I'm in love with my own since I put new wheels on it. Recently I've been lusting after a 240z, and a month ago it was several BMW's (E30, E24, E36). I really just want something with a straight 6.

Fuck Mercedes and the cucks in Congress that pushed the 25 year rule through.

I've really enjoyed my time here, and I'm not ready to leave but I have to soon. It's worth the experience and as a car guy its even better, though it will depend on what you do here and what you can afford to do. Us military guys have it extremely well here, as we have housing paid for and our road taxes and JCI prices cut in half.

>tfw

Yeah cost is the main issue, well that and not being able to do a whole lot in regards to work.

At the very least it's worth a few weeks visit if you have the means.

The autumn drift matsuri at Ebisu is coming up in November if you're into that.

I would of if I didn't just have to pay a shitload of money, it's about $6k CAD for a 3 week stay, which is a lot

a blue 240z passed me today. sounded amazing