Once autonomous cars flood the market by 2020

>Will this be the only way that people in the future find their thrill ride?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
youtube.com/watch?v=nNJT3hSRB8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

Are autonomous cars not going to let us drive them? Pretty sure they wont operate in autonomous mode everywhere all the time.

A manual operation mode would defeat the purpose of a self-driving car, which is to take the unpredictable and dangerous human driver out of the equation.

Trust me they will take that away really soon. Welcome to the autonomous world my sheeple friend.

>implying older non-autonomous cars won't be a thing
They may not make brand new models, but the used car market will still exist

Don't you think that the gov. will come up with some bs bill that makes non-autonomous car illegal to drive, they'll tell us it's for the benefit of our environment. WE WILL BELIEVE IT TOO!!

No, one could just slightly tweak the autonomous cars driving parameters into 'agressive driving mode.'

Because cars are now autonomous and have way better reaction times than humans they can drive much more agressively. Shit if you had a good way to measure surface friction, you could stop a car going at 160 km/hr mere centimeters from a wall or other car, how's that for playing chicken? Fuck, you could probably do initial d tier shit like drifting into parking spaces

Alternatively, perhaps autonomous cars could operate in 'horse mode.' The car is controlled by the human, but prevents the human from doing anything stupid with its superior reaction time

That's not the purpose at all.

It's just liberal wanking. Just like electric cars.

No, because I'm not fucking twelve. That would literally kick off an insurrection that the US simply does not have the manpower to contain. How th3 hell are you going to convince all 100 million American households to get rid of 2+ cars each and buy BRAND NEW $40,000 autocorrect? Do you not remember cash4clunkers? And that was JUST shitboxes.

I've never paid mitch attention to that kind of stuff, but what did cash4 clunkers spark?

A lot of pissed off people and six billion in lost revenue for the government and private sectors

This would only work if goburventn gave everyone free autonomous cars.

Until then autonomous cars will crash everywhere then no one will buy them. It's like muh perfect communism.

POETRY

no, it's luxury. the sfety doesn't happen without 100% self driving roads.

100% self driving roads are not something you can legislate into place outside of nazi germany and best korea. you have to develop your entire country into a metro where all long distance trips are so dreadful, boring, and traffic laden that nobody wants to drive ever again.

like yurop.

i can see yurop going 100% self driving and electric because they actually have a reason to.

i also see most self driving cars carrying way more than 4 passengers just for economic reason. they won't all be personal possession, but more like taxi fleets, since they'll be doubtlessly too expensive to own for cityfags whose triple digit salaries barely cover their apartments.

Oh fuck I forgot S key and became russian for second where did grammar go am I having stroke oh fuck

>People won't ride once it's illegal
KEK!
youtube.com/watch?v=nNJT3hSRB8I

It's also illegal to fly through 70 zones at over 150, but I still do it.

A massive expensive failure on all fucking levels? They can't do it.

>

Sounds about right for federal programs. What was the goal even? Remove dangerous old cars from the streets? Recycling boost?

Reality: backdoor stimulus for automobile industry and US economy.

Pitch: environmental measure encouraging the purchase of more fuel efficient vehicles.

>be 90s
>once robotic cars take over the world by 2005 there will be no jobs!
>be 00s
>once robotic cars take over the world by 2010 there will be no jobs!
>be 2016
>once robotic cars take over the world by 2020 there will be no jobs!