Thoughts on the Ford F-150?

Thinking of getting one.

It's alright, gas is pretty expensive for it though.

I'd go with the 5.0 v8 instead of the ego boost engine.

cucktruck

This

If you need a truck for truck things, get a ranger or a 7.3 powerstroke. If you never haul shit, shut up and buy a civic.

Why would I want an older truck that either
>can't tow shit
Or
>has the 7.3 tax with diesel costs included
When I only want to
>occasionally tow a car
>haul more than one friend
>throw my quad plus gear in the back

>7.3 powerstroke
Isn't the navistar diesel an absolute unreliable piece of shit and the 6.7 what he should get instead?

Nigga no

The 7.3 is God tier

It's the 6.0 and 6.4 to avoid

small cock cucktruck

Because older trucks are better. A 7.3 will last longer than any new piece of shit. There's only a cat to replace. No dpf, so no def to refill. If you get a clean one you'll have to do nothing but change fluids, which you should do yourself, lowering the cost.

No. The 7.3 idi is reliable but old so parts are becoming more scarce. The 7.3 powerstroke is what I meant. The 6.4 and 6.7 are garbage.

300cu I6 or fucking bust
Fuck new trucks

stop praising old shitty boat anchors while acting like objectively good stuff is bad

>The 6.4 and 6.7 are garbage.
t. Poorfag

Even a base F150 with its little shitbox V6 will blow the doors off a 7.3L Powerstroke in terms of performance and reliability. You're just riding the diesel cock desu.

>Even a base F150 with its little shitbox V6 will blow the doors off a 7.3L Powerstroke in terms of performance
Yes
> and reliability.
kek no

Ask the white ecoboost KR F150 user about windowing his block

>he likes the look of new trucks

ugly as hell

Though I'm not a Ford fan, don't fall for a V6. I have a v6 Silverado and it's terrible. Any v6 in a full size truck is gonna struggle. When it comes to trucks, there really is no replacement for displacement. Sure the small turbo v6 may make more power and be faster in a car, but it's gonna have to run hard to move a truck. You're better off with going with a slow lumbering v8 that can walk through anything than speedy Gonzalez who gets stopped by a plywood wall.

>t. idiot

I think the RAM 1500 is a better truck, but I could definitely be wrong.

Get the V8 tho.

They're pretty good. Just don't get one with a FE or you'll cry a lot.

Definitely wrong. Dodge is shit and is only a little less shit since fiat bought them out.

Depends on what you're looking for in particular.

Looking for an 04 or later F-150? For simplicity sake, avoid the 3V 5.4L Triton engine. It's alright for towing, and it'll run, you've just got to be completely on top of your maintenance.

I recommend getting the 4.6L V8 if you're getting an older one, if it's a new one, the Ecoboost variants aren't bad, but I'd prefer the 5.0 V8.

a relative of mine just got one of the new f-150's with the ecoboost engine. When he took me for a ride along first impressions were comfy and very spacious, and it pulled harder than I originally thought it would. If a passenger wasn't paying attention you could probably throw them into their seat pretty easily, but theres definitely faster vehicles. all in all pretty good though. Power definitely wouldn't be a concern imo

Get a Chevy silverado. Power by tornadoes

They're garbage because anything major is a cab off service. Hpfp, egr, dpfs, all fail and are expensive. The 6.4 also fuel dilutes and the cooling system sucks.

It's a FORD. If you want something that will last, get a Chevy!

At least it won't leave holes when you drop a empty toolbox in it. The new aluminum ones of course.

Why's no one here calling you out on being a faggy over-compensating American

RAM 1500 Cummins or why get a truck? Unless you're a faggot that wants a truck to dd instead of work it to death like it's meant to me. Don't want a scratch on your plastic fender do ya ford cuck?

super roomy inside. good trucks.

also lol @ all the "buy a 7.3L" comments. yeah, go buy a truck with a slow and expensive to maintain engine and the ride quality of a lumber wagon.

in 10 years all the chevys beds will have rust holes in them
all the ford has to do is get a rubber bed mat

>A 7.3 will last longer
then why not get a 12 valve
12 valves have way less maintenance if you have a manual trans behind them

Theyre cool, new ones have an aluminum body to save weight. The frame is still steel though. I dont really like it but I guess it helps fuel effeciency?
>tfw not all steel like delorean

literally none of you fucks know what you are talking about
>t. someone who has owned all 3 domestic diesel brands

I would rather just go out and get an old dodge or Chevy, tbqh senpaitachi.

Preferribly a 2005 Silverado or whatever year I forgot.

Enlighten me. Everything I said about the powerstrokes is right.

Please show me where I'm wrong admiral dumbass

>If you want something that will last, get a Chevy

Oh god, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

The 3.5L Ecoboost is a surprisingly capable engine, I like it more than any v8 I've driven honestly.

But it's true. You probably never even drove or even own one so you wouldn't know. So have fun praising the Ford or the RAM when both of those companies can't even make a decent work truck to save their lives.

I'm not him but GM is total fucking garbage

>Ford can't make work trucks
They're the number one selling work truck

I never said they couldn't make work trucks, I just said they can't make DECENT work trucks.

Ford's new garbage soda can of truck can't even survive a toolbox falling into it's bed. It will leave a gaping whole in it when you drop one from 3/4 feet high. That is pathetic.

GM has gotten better after they paid their bailout. They just slap Ford in the mouth with their Silverado pickup for making their truck out of High Strength steel and not soda cans from a junkyard.

So, gm is made for retards? Is that what you're getting at?

Nope, GM is made for people who actually need strong vehicles that never dies. Hence the new Silverado.

Wow this picture proves so much.
Everyone, sell your Ford/Ford stocks, this one truck here made a hole in it's bed!

Wow, if only there were some sort of… Liner... that you could put in the bed to help prevent damage

>being this retarded
A hailstorm completely destroyed the truck's aluminum body.

"Military Grade" yeah right.

>needing a turtle shell bedliner because the f150 is too weak to handle the hard work without one.

no thanks.

>anything but spray in

The fuck are you talking about?
Hailstorms destroy steel bodies too.

Are we concerned about how much paint has come off the Ford bed? Well it might not look that nice but it doesn't really matter much anyway. It's not going to rust as a result

I'm talking about how a hailstorm destroyed an F150 with an aluminum body, dipshit. Learn to pay attention.

>Hailstorms destroy steel bodies too.
Well shit, it gonna be 10 times as worse on aluminum bodies too, considering that Ford's new "military grade" aluminum is weak as shit.

>not having a bedliner
regardless of steel or aluminium, its going to end up damaged as fuck

>its not going to rust
lol this. enjoy your rusted out chebby shitvorado beds after one winter
>bbuut a ford bed gets dents and stuff if you attack it with a sledgehammer!

>I'm talking about how a hailstorm destroyed an F150 with an aluminum body, dipshit
and hailstorms dont damage steel body panels?

>its not going to rust
>being this retarded
Aluminum rusts too idiot.
Enjoy having your Furd Fag-150 obliterated by raining ice or toolboxes falling into the bed.

>Aluminum rusts too idiot
literally kys

>inb4 corrosion is the same as rust
double kys

>kys
>this much damage control
Yes, keep crying Fordfangirl. Your tears are delicious.

aluminium doesnt rust. you should have payed attention in school instead of fantasizing about fucking your cousin, stupid cunt

Not the way steel rusts.
Aluminium doesn't care about its paint being compromised. Only galvanic corrosion is a thing, and that happens way slower usually. And I'm sure Ford picked the type of metal they used in their connecting nuts and bolts carefully so as to avoid it

>ford fangirls this assmad
Rotflmao

>false flagging
alphonse pls

aluminium doesnt rust. its literally impossible.

>corrosion is the same as rust
It pretty much is. All semantics.

You could say rust is just a slow form of combustion. It's all reaction with oxygen. We do usually only refer to rust with iron alloys corroding, but whatever

>It pretty much is
nope

>gm cucks are literally this retarded
ROFLMAO!

>alphonse
nigger i'm taxi.
>aluminium doesnt rust. its literally impossible.
it corrodes dummy.

>ford fangirls always in denial
Stay assmad.

corrosion isnt rust
and aluminum corrodes at a significantly lower rate than steel anyway, so whatever

>gm cucks this btfo
roflmao

steel on left, aluminium on right. both left in the same conditions for same amount of time

>gmcucks literally have zero chance of recovery

well
it can't survive falling toolboxes so FORD BTFO AGAIN

>A before and after of steel after being there for long amount of time.

Nice lie bro, stay BTFO.

>two different toolboxes
>one on left is photoshopped in
>cut in ford tray doesnt match possible fall damage from shitty little toolbox
GMFAGS LITERALLY TRYING THIS HARD TO DEFEND AN INFERIOR FORM OF METAL
ROFLMAO

>this mad because you lost le mans to a debut ford v6
roflmao

>trying to damage control this hard
enjoy your swiss cheese tray after one winter while the aluminium tray is completely fine apart from any purposeful sledgehammer damage

>two different toolboxes
[citation needed] but you probably don't have any.
>one on left is photoshopped in
same ol excuse from a diehard fordfangirl
>cut in ford tray doesnt match possible fall damage from shitty little toolbox
denial once again.

Admit it, the new F-150 is a weak piece of shit now that can't survive a god damn toolbox falling into it. Stay BTFO

>this mad because you lost le mans to a debut ford v6
nice projection.

>literally posting gm marketing propaganda because he cant deal with the fact steel is inferior to aluminum
roflmao, enjoy your swiss cheese, see

Cause we all get the help of one or two others to throw our toolboxes into into our vehicle, rather than having it secured so it can't move
Ford use steel fasteners too fagget. And it's more of a problem with them, thanks to galvanic corrosion.

All they do is coat the fasteners with some protective coating. Time will tell how it holds up.
Though it must be said... even if they don't hold up well, they're just fasteners. Easy to replace

>steel is inferior to aluminum
I think you meant "superior", because it can handle both an backhoe load of bricks falling into it without puncturing a hole in the bed and a fucking toolbox being dropped into it.

I'll admit, it may be heavier than the F150, but at least it's safer.

Stay assmad.

"How you want these bricks?"

"Hey yeah just dump them into my ute from a height. As high as you possibly can so it makes a loud bang thx"

>irrelevant bullshit gm marketing propaganda brought about because they were cucked by fords aluminium superiority

by the way, its a bobcat not a fucking backhoe

>ITS NOT A BACKHOE!!!
>being this autistic
Whatever fordcuck.

>irrelevant bullshit gm marketing propaganda
call it whatever, it's still accurate.
Stay retarded.

>call it whatever, it's still accurate
its cherry picked tests which have zero relevancy to real world scenarios purely for the purpose of gm saving face for being cucked by fords superiority.
>my chinese steel ute is rusted to shit after one year in australian summer, id hate to see how gmchinksteelshit fares in a salt laced road during a single season of winter

>implying americucks use their trucks for truck things anyway

It's a bunch of manchildren arguing about cars and materials when they have no understanding of physics thread!!!!!!

Ford aluminums always seem to bubble the paint due to corrosion. Maybe not as bad as rust but still looks bad.

>!!!!!!
Are you a 17 year old girl

The aluminum was a shit idea,

The 5.7 Ram is killer compared to Chevy. Idk about Ford though.

09+ models don't have a terrible transmission mechanically, but the computer can still fuck up and mess up the transmission.
I've heard 8 speed is good though

Don't listen to ANYONE who says a 7.3L is a pos. They are immediately a biased source. 7.3L isn't a Ford motor. It's an International engine. Designed for tractors (the agricultural kind). Those engines aren't the best but they are well made.

OK, look, the 7.3 Powerstroke is a great motor. But the OP was asking about F-150s. Sure, 7.3s are great trucks, but are probably overkill for what the OP needs it for. The tax on 7.3s is insane, good luck finding a clean one for less than 10k. The newest ones are 2002 models, and most will have well over 100k miles.

That's not necessarily bad, but your money will go alot farther when you start looking at F-150s over diesels. 20k will get you a clean older 7.3, but that same money will get you a newer F-150 with less miles and more comforts.

I've owned 30-40 7.3Ls in our fleet over the years They're shit and now that they're old parts are a nightmare. If you get a major electrical issue you're fucked parts wise.

Any modern F-150 is so far ahead of an old powerjoke that it's like comparing a model T to a Bugatti.

>300 I6
>boat anchor

Stop shitting on things you know nothing about