Guys. Mechanic said my 2000 accord is leaking oil from the ?vtec solenoid? and I have to fix it by myself...

Guys. Mechanic said my 2000 accord is leaking oil from the ?vtec solenoid? and I have to fix it by myself. I know nothing about what I'm doing at all. How hard/10 for an auto illiterate to fix?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yyCRp-ORLHg
ebay.com/itm/OEM-Honda-D16Z6-B18C1-B16A2-B18C5-DOHC-VTEC-Spool-Valve-Solenoid-Gasket-P08-/181913665657
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ur fucked if this is your main shitbox

Its not my main shitbox at all but I sort of rely on it and it junks up my driveway. I want to get rid of it but my fiancee gets wet over hondas for whatever reason and she makes the pants decisions.

You might as well sell it to your local scrapyard.

Pls give aggressive arguments for this. Dont want to be single cause I scrapped her car without telling her.

buy a used junkyard engine and let her swap it

She might scrap it herself if she had to do anything. This might work.

the vtec solenoid is like a 50 dollar part, you unbolt it, unplug it, plug the new one in, bolt, and youre good.

Easy.

Take it off, replace the gasket, put it back on.

Of course if you're dumbass who doesn't know his ass from a wrench then it will be hard.

Judging by the fact that your first instinct was to ask a bunch of random people who don't know you if you could do it instead of googling what a vtec solenoid is, where it is, how to remove it, etc then you're probably a monkey who can't do it.

It's 3 bolts and a gasket mate...
Just go to a junkyard and order a gasket online.
There's also a thousand tutorial on Youtube and there are truckloads of dedicated Honda forums.

Autozone said 140
Obviously a monkey. Would driving it like this occasionally probably up to ~1000 miles fuck up the whole unit or would I still be ok only changing the gasket? Who else to learn from but Veeky Forums?

or if you don't want to buy a gasket, just get some rtv gasket like loctite 5926 or whatever. Will work just fine.

>gets wet over Honda's.
You better keep her. Not many girls dig Honda's. You should learn how to wrench them too to boost brownie points with her.

All you have to do is remove the solenoid and replace the rubber gasket and reinstall. No more oil leak.

Plenty of other issues with it, this one is just the more urgent one. Speed doesn't register at all and ive been told its probably vss. Broken studs on wheels. I could go on but the rest is just stuff I'm trying to use as an argument against keeping it.

youtube.com/watch?v=yyCRp-ORLHg
ebay.com/itm/OEM-Honda-D16Z6-B18C1-B16A2-B18C5-DOHC-VTEC-Spool-Valve-Solenoid-Gasket-P08-/181913665657
Or just go to a junkyard and pull one. It's a 1-2 hour job if you know what you are doing, a 3-4 hour job if you don't. It's still cheaper than buying a new car.

its not going to hurt anything it will just leak oil.

Get pants, fuck the bitch in the pussy, and do what you want you cuck.

4 quarts of oil a day is not in my budget
Respectfully decline, cars are the only argument I don't get into with her or it would be 24/7

>car grills like cucks that don't know their arm from their wrench
Why even live

No argument. Been too lazy to learn anything but it's cheaper to diy if you don't fuck everything up I guess. Babbys first experience under a hood aside from fluids. Thx Veeky Forums if you can do it I probably can too.

That would not leak 4 quarts a day. Your no car knowledge is showing.

Vss sensor is easy as fuck to replace it's on top of the transmission. Wheel studs are a bit of a pain and harder to do then both. A leaky vtec solenoid is not an urgent think to replace

Already said idk what im doing, that's what the mechanic said it was (;

Look m8. Google is your friend. Make sure you clean the gasket areas with fine grit sandpaper or a brilla pad. Copper spray a gasket applied lightly to where your putting the gasket on will tack up quick and hold your gasket in place when you realize install the solenoid.

Now fuck off already.

I wouldn't keep posting if people would quit replying. If this thread is a waste of your time, don't help. But that's up to you guy. Thanks for the advice mang.

>mechanic told me i have to fix it myself
>car illiterate
enjoy that new 1k+lbs paperweight.

Tell her it's time for a new Honda?

dont do this, the last thing you want is copper in your oiling system, especially in your vtec rockers.

Buy a new vtec oil seal and install it, its three bolts total.

Sure it aint just the solenoid gaskets.