$170,000 for R34 Nissan GT-Rs

BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nürs are now worth $170,000

What will it take to bring prices down?

Other urls found in this thread:

jdm-expo.com/skyline-gtr-sale/322-v-spec-ii-nur-bayside-blue-japan.html
vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/your-ps/prohibited-vehicles-for-p-plate-drivers/about-prohibited-vehicles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have no idea but that color is dope

A tsunami.

That had the opposite effect. So many coveted sports cars were ruined that the ones that survived had their values appreciate.

The price is in yen...

It's actually $19,000 USD.

bahahahahaaha

OP confirmed to be a dumb cunt

Nothing can stop it now. It's been memed into automotive godhood.

B-baka

What's the catch, it's a 25GT with GT-R badging?

See
I'm actually thinking of buying one of these. What common problems should I look for when buying at a low price?

Build fiero body kits

They're worth like 80k you knob

That price is the future once the americans get them. Aussies down here are hiding away the nice ones in preparation of the cost skyrocketing

Are they just illigal for road use?

Got a few things to pick up once I'm off P's

>Z or E Series Maloo
>R33 GT-R
>R34 25GT-T
>some sort of E46, possibly the 330Ci Clubby

Nope. Most are legal. But it is a future classic. Especially after how much the R32 went up in price after the us got them people are essentially investing in the clean GTRs.

>once I'm off P's
Penis permit? Wow Aussies really do have a nanny state.

For real though what are the rules for "p"s? We probably have similar laws for kids here in some states like "only one passenger" or "no driving after midnight"

This should help.

god damn that thing is gorgeous. I never had a thing for R34 Skylines but.. maybe it's the picture quality kek

>top speed 112 mph

okay bud.

P = Provisional

Stricter standards than the US by far. Power limitations, no turbo cars, driving curfew. Kids at 16 in the US can drive whatever they want.

Didn't all cars in Japan have limiters on how fast they could go?

How can gooks even recover

>implying that's not electronically limited just like every other car in Japan.

Even the R35 is limited to 180kph in Japan.

Fake lap t8mes
Typical gm cuck

Japanese cars are limited to 180KPH
Modern high performance cars are fitted with GPS that sense when you're at a track and deactivates the fuel cutoff.

Varies from state to state, but nanny rules about what you can drive covers it pretty well.

They put them in effect after some scumbag stole his old man's 700awhp R34 GT-R and managed to get it airborne at 200km/h instantly vaporising the driver, a pedophile, and the trashiest white trash imaginable.

You'd think there would be some way to get around that. With Soarers it was just a matter of welding over something and your limiter was gone.

It's very easy to get around, even with the stock ECU still in place. My r32 originally had a Mines chipped ECU in it and would do 250km, I put a stock ECU back in and the first time I hit the limiter at 180, the car just cut all power and I was sad.

Now it's got nistune tho so it goes fast again

I'd get the R32 sedan and then drop a 2JZ on it.

>BNR34 Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nürs are now worth $170,000
>that one museum quality means they all are

no. they're still 40k

this one is double that
jdm-expo.com/skyline-gtr-sale/322-v-spec-ii-nur-bayside-blue-japan.html

Why? The MKIV Supra was more than an engine.

>dealership

>Power limitations, no turbo cars, driving curfew.
That's awful. Power limitations like how bad? Sub 150HP?

What the fuck man. One guy ruined it for everyone? Sounds like the gun rules that happened after that Port Arthur massacre.

same as with any car

You can still find them for less.
I remember seeing a pos one at auction for 17k last year, should have bought it to flip honestly

I'm not Australian actually, just have heard about it here.

vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/your-ps/prohibited-vehicles-for-p-plate-drivers/about-prohibited-vehicles

this . water damage then swap the parts into a base R34, maybe an ER34 sedan for giggles.

Am I the only one who's grown to like the R33's design better?

The Gundam headlights that once looked like sex incarnate on the R34 now look weird to me.

This guy

Not quite. Car prices in Japan are normally quoted in units of 万円, or 10,000 yen. 1734万円 is indeed $173k.

When the bubble burst in the late 80s it was over some big stock market losses in Asia I think.
I thought the Brexit thing would do it this time but clearly the market has some resilience.

I always liked the R33 better.
Probably because the R34 wasn't in GT1.

i'm not a big fan of the rear bumper and stock wing of the 34 tbqh

Its based off power/weight ratio. Max you can drive on provisional plates is 130kw/ton. The non-turbo/non-v8 rule was changed back in 2014. P platers can drive some turbo cars and some older V8s

They're illegal in the US unless you want to pay an absolute fuckload amount of money, or wait until the car turns 25.

you can get one for $50-60k in the UK who cares desu

what happened to the mine's vxrom

Makes more sense; I couldn't imaging that R32 only being sold for $3k at a dealership.

>Stricter standards than the US by far. Power limitations, no turbo cars, driving curfew. Kids at 16 in the US can drive whatever they want
There's no federal regululation, but states and cities have their own laws. The town I grew up in had a 10pm curfew for any driver under 18.

No catch, used cars are dirt cheap in Japan (except for kei cars which are pretty expensive)

Call it racist?

The fuck are you talking about? It's exactly the opposite. Kei cars are mostly cheap shitboxes and depreciate fast. White plates tend to retain their value if they're in good shape and have current syaken, particularly if they're remotely sporty.

Source: I live in Japan.

>See them and Corvettes for that price because of active debtors.
>Driven to shit by active debtors and college students not knowing what a loan means.
>Usually euro poors and asians.
Lpg needs to experience how strange east nc buy her pay here dealers are.

Yeah idk what user is talking about. Does japan still have that stupid inspection system or did they get rid of it.
Also why are honda beats so cheap to import.
They are cheaper than twingos to import and i live on the east coast of the us.

Yes, syaken is still very much a thing. And it's still quite expensive, especially for white plates, though the gap is a bit narrower nowadays.

Beats are cheap because they're ancient kei cars and no one trusts them. Plus the tops usually leak (though replacement tops are pretty cheap I believe). They're also slower and less practical than Cappuccinos and AZ-1s/Caras and don't have much of an aftermarket, so the demand is low even among kei sports car fans.

top kek cobalt
here are the real figures
power is limited to 280ps due to japanese regulations too, real power is like 330ps
and its faster on any of course