/svg/ Shadowverse General

Midrange Body Edition

Shadowverse is a class-based collectible card game akin to Hearthstone. The first expansion pack, Darkness Evolved, launched on September 30th. The Steam version launched on October 28th.

Reminder to participate in this poll so we can get a gauge of our community skill: strawpoll.me/11431912

Platforms: iOS, Android, Steam (store.steampowered.com/app/453480/)

To play on PC, you currently have to use an Android emulator such as Leapdroid (recommended), Memu, Nox or Bluestacks.
If the emulator gets stuck on Urias' stage in story mode, you might need to enable Virtualization in your bios (Google it).
Or just simply use Steam and enjoy 60fps.

Official Website:
shadowverse.com/

Card Database / Deck Editor:
shadowverse-portal.com/

Intro Guide/FAQ:
pastebin.com/xNmQuDzR (read this if you're new)
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ibw62rcFMrkvWl_KPKUuRC_0f7LbvwE27ubQ-EJo0oQ/edit?usp=sharing

Take 2 Card Rankings:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k55fDS9LpX66H-pm5EgGouqwQSCF-sje-o5UwrXUwdI/htmlview#

Friend list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DKn9RybTNTQ3a8cm-68KvDOHCFBRK8VDD2JVO8HTUWg/edit?usp=sharing

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

game-ai.jp/shadowverse/kakyoin-dollar-akirashiki-face-vampire/
corpetit.com/public/rage_of_bahamut/
seesaawiki.jp/mnga_bahamut/
youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do I build a good take two deck?

Don't pick you know you won't drop.

First for Forte

Mind your curve
Try to pick the best overall cards: if you have a pair of two solid cards and one pair of a really good card but a really shit card, pick the one with two good cards instead.
Learn which cards are the best for each class

daily reminder to ignore the tripfag

Why does Dragoncraft have no good 5/6 drops?

Thanks to the user who showed me a build last thread. Only needed to clear a bit more vial stuff to finish it with what I had.
Hopefully I wasn't totally bamboozled.

Should I keep or reroll?

Anything I can safely liquefy that isn't used in any decks?

post legos

Use card rankings. A lot of people recommend your first 15 picks try to make a core, the next 15 try to supplement, reinforce, and get good value picks.

Most importantly, practice. Take good trades when you can, try to make a nice curve deck, early minions are great in draft so 1s, 2s, and slightly less so 3s are good to see! If you have one INCREDIBLE OMG card and one absolutely dogshit card and the otherside is two slightly above average cards, take the second. Value consistency. Play for advantage and advancing your game state. Know class cards, important turns for classes.

>what is tempo?
>what is card advantage?
>what is control? midrange?
>what is...?

From Next Level Magic from Patrick Chapin "The Innovator"

Google his name if you don't know him, the guy knows his shit and is in the Magic Hall of Fame

>THE STAGES OF THE GAME
In a game of Magic, there are basically three stages of play that your strategy is operating at. Keep in mind, this is with regards to you or your opponent, but the two of you are not necessarily going to be at the same stage at the same time. Your stage is independent of theirs.

>STAGE 1
Stage 1 is the early game.
Your Minimum Game Threshold is the level at which your deck can operate on a basic level. For instance, many aggro decks only need three lands to be able to cast most of their spells.

>STAGE 2
Stage 2, or the mid-game, is essentially the most strategically relevant part of the game—and the one where the most relevant mistakes are generally made. Stage 2 is when players have the opportunity to play most or all of their spells, but the battles being fought are still relevant.
The mid-game is where the little battles are fought. These little battles are where percentage points are won and lost, setting players up with the best chance of either reaching a successful end game or ending the game before it comes to that.

>STAGE 3
A control deck, often seeks to win during the end game, or Stage 3; it wants to merely survive the early game in order to get to the point where they can play an appropriate Semi-Soft Lock.
a Semi-Soft Lock is an easy-to-reach set of conditions (which can be as simple as casting a single important spell) that will give you such an advantage that you will usually win most of your games when that condition is met.
A defining aspect of Stage 3 play is that very few of your opponent's cards matter, since they are severely limited in the ways that they can actually meaningful affect the board.

CONT.

Don't know if is soo bad but 2 angelic barrage + 3 demonic storm is too much

>No good 6 drops
Uhhhh

Are there any classes that do better in arena format? Like I'm able to pick between havencraft, swordcraft and runecraft right now

shut the FUCK up

Is it me or does Rain Devil's evolved art show her bare nipples?

How the fuck is havencraft balanced? I literally can only win if i pull the absolute best cards from my ass possible and it's still down to the wire.

Okay, you're right, it has Forte and Dragonguard for 6 drops.

But the 5 drop slot is just pitiful.

CONT.

>THE 5 BASIC ARCHETYPES

>CONTROL/PERMISSION
Control strategies generally seek to survive Stage 1, begin building advantages in Stage 2, and eventually reach a Stage 3 end game that will win the game for them. While these strategies tend to be somewhat reactive and tend to employ more powerful cards than many other strategies, they can typically be divided into “those with permission” and “those without permission.”
In general, most Permission-based Control decks rely on a good deal of card drawing to compliment either a boatload of Counterspells, or a token amount of permission and a nice selection of defensive control cards appropriate to a given format.

>LOCK DECKS
Lock decks are a particular brand of Control deck that heavily crosses over into the combo realm at times. The idea here is to create a game state where the opponent can no longer win. If they can no longer win, they generally eventually lose. Rather than resort to a degenerate Stage 3, these decks move to a Stage 2 where they are permanently locking the opponent in Stage 1.

>BURN
Stage 1 focussed decks, a Burn deck can mean a variety of things,where the idea is to have every card in your deck function like a Lightning Bolt, and quickly kill your opponent with direct damage, ignoring anything he does.
This strategy is particularly appealing to amateur players, but not as common among top players, as it removes almost any opportunity to leverage skill in any way during a match. In addition, it is easily foiled.
Modern-day burn decks are based on hyperaggressive low mana curves that typically select the most aggressive creatures in the format. These creatures are used to put early pressure on an opponent, while any creatures that might block are burnt out of the way. Once the opponent's life total is low enough, all of this direct damage provides the deck with some reach, giving them a plan to finish off an opponent who has set up their defenses.

CONT

Anybody have a list for this bloodaggro I'm hearing about? I probably don't have any of the cards but I'm going to assume it's somewhat cheap to make like red aggro.

Hare, Gemstaff, Titania's, Arthurias, Kaguya, Ancient Dragon, Silver Bolt (might be used in memes)

The best classes are Sword and Shadow
Next in line is Haven and Dragon
Then Blood
Then Forest and Rune.
Though I'm of the opinion that Rune is way better than people give it credit for, but unless you've played a lot of Rune you should probably steer clear.

I want Erika to gently choke the life out of Vampy-chan!

Swordcraft is probably the best, I've had mixed success with both Rune and Haven but they definitely more depend on draft luck. Sword is very consistent in Arena, because it focuses on playing for Board using minions, buffing minions, and vomitting minions. A lot of effects for Swordcraft tiny minions are just plain good value.

What are you looking for?
Kaguya is pretty shit

>can't reroll on Steam
aw fuck.

guess I'll do it on my phone and transfer later, what a hassle.

Rune is garbage mostly because of Earth sigils.

Also the 5-minion limit on snowmen makes me sad.

PUFF

game-ai.jp/shadowverse/kakyoin-dollar-akirashiki-face-vampire/

Please user I just fapped.

I think Forest is at least on par with Blood, personally. I feel Haven is very strong against Sword and Shadow, which most people play.

CONT.

>DISCARD
Another resource denial strategy is Discard.
Commonly discard cards are used to compliment some other strategy.
Discard decks at their core share many points with the modern day midrange decks that have a strategy of adapting whatever strategy the opponent is not. If your opponent is the fast deck, they play control. If your opponent's deck is bigger, they play beatdown. They do neither of these jobs particularly well, which brings us to the inherent flaw in traditional midrange strategies.

>COMBO
when we are describing archetypes, it generally refers to a type of strategy that involves playing a combination of cards that wins the game. You can have combinations of cards that build incremental advantages and winning by being ahead on the board, but for purposes of determining the best methods of defeating them, those sorts of decks don't fall into the traditional combo slots.
Combo decks can be control or beatdown, and generally the difference is whether a combo deck tries to go off as fast as it can (beatdown) or it tries to survive a few turns while it sets up its combo (control).
As a beatdown deck, Combo can be extraordinarily effective, because often one can assemble a winning combination of cards faster than people can deal twenty damage with creatures.
As a control deck, Combo can also be very effective, as a combo kill often solves every problem a control deck might have.

CONT.

Hmmm. I just played shadow and did terrible. I tried to pick the best cards I could and when I could I picked cheap cards since my curve was definitely skewed towards 4-7 cost stuff, but my early game was shit and all of my opponents just shit out followers

If I link shadowverse to steam will I get that mission out of my mission log finally?

Earth Sigils are fantastic in arena. You just need to balance drafting synergy cards and the sigils themselves.
But Ancient Alchemist and Juno's are game-winning bombs if you have support for them, and Remi is also great. They also have Calamitous Curse now, which makes earth rites in take two even more appealing

>choke
>vampire

>so how long until I know I'm pregnant, I don't feel anything inside

Is Lord Atomy any good?
Should I dust my second one?

Is ghouls banquet worth keeping? It doesn't sound very good

That's what the build showed, so that's how I'm gonna start.
I'll wind up tweaking it down the line if I don't straight up change decks anyways, once I learn the game more.
Textbook decks are fine for learning mechanics, but not for me when it comes to playing for real.

Probably thinking of the one I just made here: Only took like 5k vials or whatever and I only had one of the golds to start.

He looks cool at least

CONT.

>LINEAR AGGRO
Linear Aggro decks based on some inherent internal synergy among the cards chosen. The idea is that you are playing a bunch of quick aggressive cards that get better and better the more you have, each helping all of the rest.
Perhaps a better way to think of Linear Aggro is that it is a subcategory that can further define a deck. Generally, there are two types of Linear Aggro decks: there are those driven by creature type (Goblins, Allies, etc) and those driven by a mechanic (Affinity, Madness, etc).

>AGGRO CONTROL
An Aggro Control deck is one that seeks to deploy quick threats early and support them with a variety of control cards like permission, removal, and bounce. Against a Control deck, these support cards are used to protect the threats that the Aggro Control player plays. Against a Combo deck, the control cards are used to keep the Combo player out of Stage 3 long enough for the threats to defeat them. Against a beatdown player, the control cards are used to help create a position where the Aggro Control player has a reasonable control of the board and can win with a superior board position. As you can see, Aggro Control decks attempt to do a better job of what it is that midrange decks strive to be—namely, beatdown against control and control against beatdown.
Tempo is often more important in these sorts of decks than in most others.
Defeating Aggro Control is often just a matter of being much faster than them, or just a little bigger.

CONT.

I've been playing for a week, and I want to buy Mordecai, but I can't resist getting packs every time I save up.

I'm slowly developing a Pavlovian boner for Luna too.

I want Erika to beat Vampy-chan black and blue! I want Erika to sadistically step on Vampy-chan until her skull cracks!

You probably don't know how to draft them. If your curve is skewed towards the late game you drafted poorly. You want your curve to spike around the 2-3 range then curve downwards ideally, but sometimes it gets a bit choppy.
Some classes can get away with a disgusting late game curve like Rune or Haven, since they have a ton of removal options, but Shadow is very midrangey in take-two so that's a bad sign.
No he sucks hardcore.

Post it

CONT.

CARD ADVANTAGE

Card Advantage (or, more accurately, Card Economy) is one of the most important concepts in Magic.
Card Advantage is really just the positive side of the spectrum of a concept known as Card Economy.
Card Economy deals with the one primary resource that a Magic player has that is both initial (seven cards in hand) and residual (one draw phase every turn). Card Advantage, at its core, is about permanent resources, advantages that do not disappear on their own. Cards are the fundamental example, and every other sort of permanent advantage is spoken of in terms of “cards."
Whenever you summon a creature, cast a spell, or put any permanent into play, you are generally dealing with a variety of costs. The primary costs to a card are the casting cost (or land drop) and the card itself.
One of the most important concepts in all of Magic theory is that whenever you play a card, it is not just the casting cost that you are paying. You are also paying the card! When you cast a Giant Growth to power up one of your creatures, the Giant Growth is gone from your hand. You now have one less card to work with.
I know that this may come across as basic, but that is the point: we are talking about the basic building blocks of Magic. With a proper understanding of the basic components of Magic, we can better evaluate everything from in game decisions to deckbuilding to evaluating new cards that come out.

Every single card is either about giving you more and better options or denying your opponent options.

The idea is that cards are just ways that you spend mana and that the player who gets more mana worth of value tends to win at Magic.

CONT.

you do realize this is a clone of heathstone not mtg?

you don't sound very smart talking about archetypes that DO NOT FUCKING EXIST in this game

>That feel when favorite girl has no fanart

Why didn't you just link the article then go masturbate or something? Would've saved a lot of time and gotten the same results.

>implying basic concepts don't transfer like archetpye makeups, sans one or two, tempo, card advantage

I think posting this is a good thing and I personally never mind rereading it.

I'm confused why so many people mention magic in this thread. Is the magic community full of weebs?

left or right?

Given that the developers of this game here are professional Japanese MtG players, yes

At least one user from last thread wanted these card art sites in one of the OP's documents, not sure it'd make sense to shove it into an intro/FAQ though so for now I'm just gonna go ahead and repost the links in this thread and let you all decide where they ought to go.

This one has all the English RoB cards at 720x900, and is somewhat sensible to navigate:
corpetit.com/public/rage_of_bahamut/

While this one has cards that were released only in the Japanese version after the international one shut down, and lets you search by artist, but is a bit less easy to sift through since you have to rely on google translate a bit and everything here is only 640x800:
seesaawiki.jp/mnga_bahamut/

Not bare, just very very transparent clothing

Right

Im just looking for a decent deck, maybe a haven (for the legos) but Im not sure

MtG spawned mana based card games: FoW, Hearthstone, SV, probably Duelyst and others but I haven't played them.

Should I be trying to make one really good deck to start with? Trying to dailies for all the other classes im not focused on is fucking impossible

CONT.

TEMPO

As we just saw, card advantage is so very tricky because it deals with a resource that you both start the game with (seven cards) and gain over time (a card a turn). Tempo is actually much simpler, though there has actually been a lot less written on it. As a result, it is more commonly misunderstood than card advantage.

Tempo deals with the resources that you gain every turn, but do not possess initially. The most common of these is mana. The most important thing to remember about Tempo is that it is all of your resources that are temporary (hence the name). These are advantages that will dissipate naturally.
At the beginning of a game you have no mana and no ability to generate mana. During Stage 1, you just don't have the mana you need to work with. As the game progresses, you are able to build up your resources to a point where you can actually cast your spells. This is Stage 2 and the most common way of getting there is by playing land.
Tempo is more than just the mana spent on spells, however. It is the manipulation of any resource that you gain over time, but do not start with. This can include the playing of land, untapping permanents, attack phases, and so on, as well as denying your opponent of these.

The key to understanding tempo is to evaluate everything in terms of how much this resource is worth right now. To take tempo away from your opponent is to give yourself tempo, but this matters not at all if you don't do anything with it.
Tempo is only worth what you can do with it.
When you are building a tempo-based deck, the key is to figure out what advantage you are gaining as a result of the tempo you are producing. A Faeries deck gains tokens and cards, but also very much takes advantage of all of the extra attack phases it gets.

If you are trying to figure whether or not to throw away resources in a game for temporary gain, ask yourself what you are doing with that tempo anyway.

If that's just armor/whatever (and it probably is) then that's some really strange lighting

He wants those (you)s.

5 drop slot is also Forte!

>Arena
>Enemy plays Olivia
>Lose
Nice game shadowtards

that's not what your worthless irrelevant walls of text are about

they describe shit like permission, lock, discard, none of which has any relevance in this game

What're some decks you want to build?

I really run a Laelia gimmick beat and Turbo Atomy.

Magic is the TCG grandfather, all modern TCGs still follow many of the same concepts and articles/cards/whatever from MtG are helpful to look at to further your skill in card games in general

>oponent plays Olivia into my Mordecai
>mfw

i dont know what i'm doing but i still win hehe

>tfw you beat 2 olivia players with 0 legs drawn

I'm not textwall user, senpai, just someone thinking it's a valuable newbie resource.

And that's why I said sans one or two. Minus one or two things, most of it is relevant baka. And I would argue D Shift is a soft lock deck but w/e

Is there a patch to fix all that censored crap yet?

why is this allowed

I want to atomeme people but I only have 1 atomeme, so I crafted tyrants instead.

Which card is the most important for swordcraft, Aurelia, Tsubaki, or Otohime?

I wish Arisa was my best friend so we could go out and play together.
I wish Erika was my bodyguard/maid who would always protect and watch over me.
I wish Isabelle was my fiance so I make love to her every night.
I wish Luna was my daugther so we could go out for adventures while we bully Arisa.
I wanna beat Eris to death with a shovel and bury her in the backyard where the dog takes his shits.

For Steam, you just replace 8 or 9 files and it's uncensored.

out of those 3, Otohime, Aurelia, Tsubaki in that order

That's a lot of vials there, just keep the cards for the deck you wanna make then grind the rest and feed them to your main deck

I just downloaded this game a couple hours ago, I wanna get into it but i've never played any hearthstone/mtg type card game before and I have no idea what any of the terminology means or what to do with my cards, I can't even get past the 4th story mission. wat do

Otohime > Aurelia > Tsubaki

Because it's nice, user

>Wyvern Cavalier
>Two Satans, one animated
It might be a meme deck nowadays but if you don't build turbo Satan ramp to make use of that beautiful animated value then you have no soul

>it's turn 6

do you want the white spear or the black spear shoved directly up your ass?

Thanks. Any golds I should be on the lookout for?

both at once

Neither, my Bellringer will stop you dead in your tracks

I hope you have enough room for four more of them after that

Either is fine, just step on me too.

>tfw no answers and this is the 3rd time asking

Will linking my account to steam finish that starting mission that clogs a daily spot?

Alwida's goes into any Sword deck

Frontguard General is a slower card but still really good if you want to play Control sword or slap 1 or 2 into a Midrange deck

post waifu songs

youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

Tsubaki is the only one used in banner so her :^)

banner is shit tho

No idea, doubt it. Just do a facebook/g+ and get it over with.

Why does evolving her make her eyesight worse?