/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

old >1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/9209033/1/Breaking-the-Cycle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Raime is a better and more difficult boss than Friede

dlcwasfun

Why is everyone so fucking bad at PvP?

Well I mean, not LITERALLY everyone, but pretty much.

WILL MY GOLD RANK DISAPPEAR IF I GO TO NG+?

big black dick man is a boring boss

I hate how his phase 2 is easier than his phase 1.

Teach was and still is best girl

because it's not fun so there's no incentive to get better

i've stopped caring in FCs and just go full aggressive to get it over with

That's not the Maiden in Black.

dual tracer moveset now has hitboxes and stamina / FP costs
no sound effects still
expect it in the next DLC

paired greataxe moveset does as well but it's far less finished

Demon's Souls remaster where?

want to move a some items between characters
PS4 help

Looking forwards to it for

I think I just finished the DLC?

Basically you kill two Literally Who's, a big wolf, and meet Ariamis at the end? That's fucking it?

Can you get down to the tower at the bottom?

That's been in the game files for a while.
Appears to be a spear stance.

At least Friede has the most health of any boss in the series. That's gotta count for something, right?

On aonther note I'm so close to beating her at SL30 with a +4 weapon, this fucking 2nd phase RNG is killing me.

It is fun, though.

You're just a faggot. SorryNot Sorry

Is there any good dark souls fanfiction? Not lewd ones, just regular fanfics for people who like to read.

>fanfiction
>good
We all wish, buddo

forgot image

Are ya here bud?

nah, not anymore. it's fine that dark souls 3 is your first one, but it all feels empty now. balance and exploits have been present with no improvements in sight for 5 games now. you'll get sick of using the next best thing eventually too

Friede is a lot of fun solo or even with Gael, but she's a complete joke with a host and even just one white phantom staggerlocking/backstab gangbanging her. She should get poise like NK or something.

cuck

I just have to go to NG++ to get all my + and ++ rings right?

Probably not any good ones,
Why not write, yourself? If you like to read then you've probably got a good idea of how to make thing the way you like them. Writing for yourself takes out that annoying social aspect to reading and lets you get exactly what you want out of a story instead of a crapshoot.

it's almost like there are multiple wikis with information on how to get rings

CSS is so fucking cheap in group fights

i heard this guy called vaati is good at writing them

how good is chloranthy ring, is it worth using at all?

Then leave.

I'm not complaining about debbie downers like you I'm complaining about people even with meta weapons still being shit at PvP.

No just munch the dank buds instead of regular weed

fanfiction.net/s/9209033/1/Breaking-the-Cycle

This ridiculously long one was actually pretty good, but the quality seemed to droop towards the ending. It was still fun to read, though

I wish I could write, but I'm a lazy piece of shit. Thanks for the suggestion though.

don't they give you that high you're seeking though

being able to kill a guy with the strongest weapons while you use "shitty" weapons to compensate and make yourself seem like a god?

just woke up, who wants another PCFC

Who's the dead mummy girl at the end of the Friede fight room?

`Can someone post the secret crab boss video?

i do

Some say it's Priscilla, or perhaps...

I need to git gud
Is anyone willing to come to an impromptu PS4 FC to help me train

>paired greataxe

WHERE

SHOW ME THAT NOT THIS GAY SHIT

Not him but I get a special sort of feeling from repeatedly rollcatching and outspacing a CCS shitter with minmaxed armor.

Only when invading, duels became too easy. I want to find how far I can push the game in terms of what the best shit is, it's just hard to find people trying to do the same.

I want more people like iskys and scottjund basically. Attitudes/personalities aside I mean I wish running into someone really trying to use the most broken shit possible in the most broken ways possible wasn't like a 1 in 50, 1 in 100 affair. It fucks you up too when you crush everyone in your path and suddenly a good kid pops up and you suddenly don't know what to do since you've become complacent.

You're right to a degree though. I can't rely on other people tryharding so I have to resort to handicapping myself instead. Shame, really.

>there are people out there who think spears suck for pvp

Spears have been ultra-viable in every souls game.

So what's the absolute MUST before moving to NG+?

Besides Slabs I have all 9 already

Also what's the deal with the grave in the DLC?

UHHHHHHH someone ?

If there's no other rings you can think of then it's fine. Default stamina regen is 45 per second, Chloranthy adds 7-9 extra stamina depending on what tier Chloranthy you're using, shaves off about half a second with +2. Problem is that like a lot of things in 3 extra stamina regen is not that noticeable unless you stack the fuck out of it.

Bitch has a snake tail, it could only be Mytha. DS2 happens in the painted world confirmed, pls put me in your video Vaati

yes

Do I get anything gud for killing the giant enemy ice crabs?

They suck because all most people in the game know how to do is R1 spam, at which point they become easily parriable.

If you git gud with them though, especially if you pair them with other stuff in your offhand, they become one of if not the best weapon class in the game. The sad thing is that if you use a spear most matches devolve into parry fishing, at which point you usually just pull out a shield and shieldpoke backstab punish when they think you're going to running R1 them.

t. spear main.

because they're using a stronger weapon while you use a "weaker" weapon and abusing a tactic that is fairly difficult to counter?

just pvp in the same places those guys do, i'm sure they have hundreds of dickriders that want to be just like them and will use the same things they do

Crystal Gem.

DLC's a bit short, I guess, but I enjoyed it. And holy fuck the double bait and switch in the Friede fight was great.

So what are all the ge, types you get as loot in this DLC?
I found:
1 Blessed Gem
1 Heavy Gem
1 Hollow Gem
1 Dark Gem
1 Crystal Gem
1 Shriving Stone

On top of the Millwood guys dropping Heavies like candy and the Corvian Knights dropping Sharps.

Painter loli isn't Ariamis. You're not in the past.

>Can you get down to the tower at the bottom?

check the fly room. You missed a doorway.

inb4 18 dex requirement B/C scaling

3 refined gems from the Captain's ashes

satisfaction

This fucking fight...

Oh boy. Time for some truth. Fuck the waifufags. Fuck all the idiots. I'm going to say it: Dancer is one of the worst, if not THE worst boss fight in Dark Souls 3. Oh, on an aesthetic level, it's brilliant. The music, the sound effects, the way the boss moves, the design, etc. But gameplay mechanics wise? Holy shit, I've tried. I've tried to see it as a well designed boss fight. It isn't. It just fucking isn't.

I mean who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give the boss the ability to go from its idle, "look at my ass" position to hitting you with its swords for 1000+ health in one frame? I fucking frapsed it, at 60 FPS, it goes from idle to sword through you in one frame. There is NO fucking warning. The boss can randomly decide to ruin your attempt and there's nothing you can fucking do about it.

But that's not all. It's also impossible to tell when you have an attack window. After using one of its absurdly counter-intuitive attacks (Am I going to rear back for one second before I swing? Three seconds? 0.2 seconds? HAVE FUN ROLLING THE DICE!), the animation it uses to go back into its idle stance IS THE FUCKING SAME AS THE ANIMATION FOR AN ADDITIONAL SWING. AND IT'S TOTALLY RANDOM WHETHER SHE SWINGS AGAIN OR NOT.

So you're left picking to either take your chance to land one swing and get your lungs torn out because she decided to swing again, or rolling preemptively (since there is no fucking way to tell whether she's about to swing or go back into idle stance) and losing your window of opportunity, because she just fucking LOVES only giving you enough time to land one swing before attacking again.

Tthis boss was clearly designed with multiplayer in mind. Trying to wrap my head around what was wrong with the guy who designed this, all I can think of is that they EXPECTED people to always go in there with two phantoms to help distract the boss. This fucking fight was never designed to be solo'd. Soloing it is a crapshoot at best.

>Londor would most likely be the parallel to New Londo
>New Londo is where Manus and eventually the 4Kangs was
>Artorias died not too far from this location
>What became of Ciaran after Artorias' death and how she dealt with her grief is unknown
With the 4 Knights pretty much disbanded at that point, do you think she wouldve attempted to try and avenge Artorias in some way? Maybe she also fell to the abyss along the way. It would at least explain why her gear would be in Londor, if that is how they put it back into the game.

>99 Embers

What do I do with them?

The triple phase was a good surprise but I can't help but think people would be less upset if they cut out the middle phase and turned the Father into a separate encounter. 2.5 bosses for 15 bucks is easier to swallow than 1.5.

meh just hit her with bleed and or dark, ez boss.
the only thing that bugs me about dancer is that all of her attacks are the same pretty much. also vacuum grab. but shes pretty fair

Whats a good level for Vit and End? I've not been paying attention. I generally just hit the soft cap for Vit but I've heard rumblings that this is a bad idea.

Every boss at bare minimum should become ripostable after dealing enough poise damage to them. Staggerable bosses were a mistake, and are only slightly better, if not actually worse, than parryable bosses. How could they not learn this from Gwyn?

show my lady flame

Jesus fucking christ your wrists. What weapon could even conceivably be paired dual greataxes?
Paired Demon Greatmachetes, possibly?

Here you dragon bitch.

Using the same stuff they do does not equal being as good as they are, having as much experience, etc.

I mean I had fun today because I started Arena duels for the first time and spend the day trying to figure out how to counter everything and get to gold rank (which I did). I started with Havel's GS + Swordspear and ended up with GF Spear with offhand BK Shield (useful in general but used mostly to backstab punish parry fishers, and trust me nearly everyone unzips their caestus when they see a spear, it becomes so easy after awhile to run at them with guard up, giving them no good options), Arbalest (pyros/whips were kicking my ass), and Estoc (curved swords/bleed spam counters turtling).

I got to Gold with that and stopped, idk if I'll keep doing Arena duels now that I got it. On the one hand because atm it seems like you don't get anything better, but also because I just destroyed literally everything after finishing this build. I even have 18 points in faith which are wasted stats and it doesn't even matter, I have the potential to counter literally everything with that, in the right hands.

Too many people I run into are literally using a single weapon and that's it, it's too easy even if it's a carthus curved sword (spear/estoc dual wield fucking destroys that shit). I don't want to lose my Gold either so I figure I'll probably use meme weapons like the Drang weapons in brawls or pontiff duals, or more likely go back to focusing on invasions.

Malformed Claws drops.

>3x at Painted World of Ariandel
>OP weapons in DLC

nice pay to win fags

She has like three attacks and two are just spins, sniff her asshole with a bleed weapon and enjoy the ez win.

>VIG
35 minimum, 40-50 is good, even better with Life and FaP rings
>END
>VIT
However much or little you need for fashion/poise

My guess

Dual Gyrm Greataxes, Gyrm Set is back with best poise/weight ratio once again

Ded general.
The DLC released this week, ffs: how is there nothing left to discuss?

Congratulations, you are the 100th poster to make this joke.

Geez thats high. So I guess quality builds are basically 40vig, 40 end, 40 str, 40 dex eh?

Gavlan wheel, Gavlan deal

>They just stick the ashes on Gavlan's corpse somewhere in the DLC, like they did with Gilligan in the Profaned Capital
Id be a little upset. Gavlan was based.

2 hours of content got discussed for about 5 days
That's impressive in and of itself

Thanks I worked hard on it

Brawls are unplayable because of mages.

>loot Gyrm corpse sprawled out tragically on some corner of the level
>Gavlan Wheel - Unique Great Hammer

What weapons are OP in the DLC, exactly?

You can't say follower sabre because it's literally just CCS that trades some AR, bleed, and I believe range for a much better WA. 2scythe is a meme, valorheart is a meme, javelin is a meme (my favorite meme to be fair), run-and-bully axe is a meme... it's mostly a bunch of meme weapons.

I'll still shove my GF Spear up your ass any fucking day, kid. There's no dork sword phantom range in the DLC. There's no corvian GK stabby blender in the DLC. There's no washing pole. All of the best weapons are still in the base game, the DLC is just for fun.

so whats the good sl75 invasion spot?

>yfw it's a DUAL WHEELD WEAPON

the claw has killed me a few times by catching me in the combo on a bleed build. idk if its OP per se but the leap attack has huge range too it feels like to me.

>get one shot by offscreen CSS/Vestiges

out fucking skilled

>a DLC weapon is a carbon copy of the best weapon in the game but with a better WA
>this somehow makes it bad
Your post sucks.

Id use it for Gavlan. Id keep wheeling for him.

Cause the DLC has no content to discuss.
Really the most meaningful lore thing they added was P. Sully coming from the painting.
but you still can't get his fucking set, and all you find out is that he wrote a couple frost sorceries that even he thinks are too shit to use.

The rest is just useless, they're not really building off anything. We get not-Sif and not-Priscilla. Vaati is a fag but some stuff about Velka would be interesting instead of more Bloodborne crap.

The only thing I can think of to really discuss is whether or not the Abyss dragon is Kalameet.

it's not a good enough competitive game to push people to the meta limit, in all likelihood the theoretical limit is incredibly boring passive-aggressive shit and whoever attacks first loses, if not rock paper scissors. if nothing else latency and the netcode make a joke of any competitive pretense, and in that environment an ubiquitous competitive scene is not going to emerge, and the parody-scene we have is fairly embarassing

>Gyrm weapons in second DLC
The Gyrm Axe might be DaS2 weaponfu, it's just so goddamned sexy.

how is the Warden twinblades bleed at low level? i am planning on making them raw at SL 40 and just try to bleed people on invasions

Nah, CU killed Kalameet stone dead, and I doubt the Millwood knights were just living next door to Oolacile during the Age of Fire.