/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Why is this in my Elder Scrolls folder Edition

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/i2padsoub9al3u6/SkyUI - Ported Version 2.2 -Removed Warrning-855-1-0.zip?dl=0
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26671/?
mega.nz/#!fplECIxD!z2vla4etufFyvElPELzITmdzJ4Z6nzXPmcHJ7PbOJU8
afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/
mega.co.nz/#F!iJcljYrD!F2Ka7HJAdyvyyVh3mMSGDQ
nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/659/?
pre09.deviantart.net/b5f6/th/pre/i/2016/166/8/d/daybreak_by_forty_fathoms-da6c1c0.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=s58gqntXd0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Morrowind Post.

Armpits #1

Waifus, Husbandos, Lore, and Stuff in Harmony.

SkyUI 2.2, works with SE:
dropbox.com/s/i2padsoub9al3u6/SkyUI - Ported Version 2.2 -Removed Warrning-855-1-0.zip?dl=0

You won't find this on the cuck Nexus. This is some hot and spicy illegal mod.

why did they delete it?

I think I'm going to play as an argonian this time.
Someone stop me.

>Mod author gives consent
>Nexus bans it anyway
Fucking retards

Did you run FNIS, user?

Well, i just got done porting most of my stuff to SSE, so now it's time for me to delete the old Skyrim off my SSD.

I hope everyday had a great Friday night as i did!

How the fuck did you get a CK

Is there a benefit to running Skyrim on a SSD?

Seems like a giant waste of SSD space.

no

what stuff was that user?

At this point, there is already a decent set of mods that I like on the Bethesda.net service. All I'm personally waiting for is Enhanced Camera, ABT, and TK dodge

absolute madman

yeah.
I'm supposed to press numpad's enter to bring it up but nothing happens. I don't know if there's a specific situation I need to be in or whatever though.
I'll try redownloading stuff and rereading their install instructions. I know I have FNIS, Script Extender, and the other mods it says it requires.

copyright or something.

Do it
Also r8 mine

It was worth it for old Skyrim because it made your load times go from abysmal to slightly better than abysmal. Not sure how much it will help out Skyrim 2 until we can see what it's like with tons of visual mods and ENB.

>copyright
For a free video game mod?

>no argonian hatchlings to adopt
Well I guess it's good news. Seems only soft-skins fail at being parents.

Don't Argonians only get all lizardy from hist sucking?

yep.

I assume you are using 0sex. Shot in the dark here user, but did you also install OSA? You need OSA to use 0sex.

there was one for Old Skyrim called Ram-Ku
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26671/?

yeah I've got OSA, there doesn't seem to be a OSEX file in my list though, don't know if that's the right thing to be happening.

Probably the 2 to 3 sec load times I'm getting atm.

Most of the followers, weapons, armors, effect rings, etc; webm related.

Can someone clarify whether mods in Skyrim work in Skyrim Special Edition for me?

Yo, I updated Kis to use different boots that don't clip as much - mega.nz/#!fplECIxD!z2vla4etufFyvElPELzITmdzJ4Z6nzXPmcHJ7PbOJU8
Sending all the files to Guardly as soon as Cries is updated.

Nice, didn't think to actually search for 'hatchling'.

if they use ESP files they need to be resaved with the new headers

if they use BSA files they need to be unpacked and repacked for the same reason.

if they're just mesh or texture changes you're already good to go.

Ah, neat. Thanks.

Script Extender mods don't
Texture replacers do though some might be buggy, who knows.
Model replacers work.
Body mods work but no Bodyslide
Outfits and weapons are iffy

Shit needs to be run through the new CK which drops in a week. Use at your own risk.

come to think of it, he doesnt require SKSE either
I wonder if he would work in SE

Some do, some don't.

no way to know for sure unless you test it.

Alright, so you downloaded OSA and then 0sex, correct? Then you ran FNIS, when you ran FNIS did it list 0sex animations being properly loaded? Next, when you hit numpads enter, does anything come up? If it does you have to go to "library" and 0sex should be in there.

*if they're body meshes they need to be reskinned in nifskope
*if they're uncompressed textures they need to be compressed

>it's the bottom of the 9th
>cubs still haven't scored

how do you deal with loss, tesg?

>Texture replacers do though some might be buggy, who knows.
>Model replacers work.

Well I mean, they do, provided they don't use TGA or NiTriShapes

by having better taste in teams

fuck you
I bet you're a white sox fan
kys

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>if they're uncompressed textures they need to be compressed

hahaha wait what

for real

Thank you

I'm going through all the stuff again, FNIS did list six or so things under 0sex, so I think it's loaded.

so lets give it another go.

Does ENB work yet?

How do you tell if a texture uses tga and how do you fix it if it does?

I'd dump whichever you have and reinstall OSA and 0sex to be safe. Then give fnis a final run.

Some do, some don't. None of the outfits for mesh replaces I tried worked. Some followers with custom armor work, some end up with invisible armor, some cause ctd.

WE'LL WIN THE NEXT GAME
JUST YOU FUCKING WAIT

If that's real, I'm never switching over.

Apparently the SSE reads diffuse and normal maps differently as well, apparently landscape textures look very different when applied to the SE. Have you even heard how they fucking upscaled the textures in the most retarded way? Honestly I don't know if it would ever be worth the effort.

Fallout 4 ENBs kind of work.

just tried it and I think the issue may be with script extender of SkyUI, SkyUI is giving me a warning now that SKSE isn't loading because it's an older version that needs to be updated.

Is there a newer one that 1.7.3?

>skyrim came out 15 years ago

Remaster was a mistake.

Yeah, it's a fucking travesty. I wouldn't be surprised if the compression bit is true though: Fallout 4's kind of like that.

In FO4 any model that has multiple maps needs to have them at the same resolution, and its finnickly about compression.

iirc a face texture had to be DXT 5 across the board, and every map had to be the same size, or it would fail.

Yeah, if it's true, it's the last nail in the coffin for me. I rely far too heavily on uncompressed textures to settle for something that will be inevitably visually inferior.

will old mods work on remaster and vice versa?

Holy shit, what textures are these? They look insanely good even up close.

read the fucking thread we only answer that a thousand times a day jesus dicks

afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/4633-skyrim-se-things-to-know-when-converting-standard-mods-to-sse/

I may be wrong

All I know is running Skysight uncompressed face textures literally crashes the game at logo, and I heard somewhere you have to compress uncompressed textures to some lossless or near-losses format in order to use them

I won't lie though, it's hella smoother than Skyrim plain

>could have just typed yes or no
>instead you type all this

Some do, some don't. But please, read the thread next time.

She's custom, but the closest you can get is Mega Milkdrinker, which is essentially the starting point of all my characters

mega.co.nz/#F!iJcljYrD!F2Ka7HJAdyvyyVh3mMSGDQ

>could have just typed yes or no
not really

see

short answer: no

How much money do I have to send Eiries to do a Skysight for SE based on Younger Faces by Geonox?

Okay, so I've got some kind of strange thing going on, SkyUI and SKSE must be what's screwing stuff up, now NMM is giving me a warning that SKSE is missing some scripts.

yep into the trash it goes

I don't feel like explaining why that barely makes sense, just take my word for it that that's dumb.

Grab urshi's shit or something

why couldnt they have just remastered oblivion rather than splitting an active modding community?
i would actually buy that shit

Looks like I'll be grabbing that once I decide to mod SE.

>NMM
Get MO or Wyre.

I doubt either of those will fix whatever issues I'm having here.

Alright, first off, don't use NMM. It's a mess, but then again im not one to judge, so listen to me or dont.

Second, just reinstall SKSE and see if the issue still persists.

Sorry, I just like the younger preset of Better Males as opposed to the overly blocky presents of Occidental WICO male.

But I'll take your word for it.

It didn't you liar.
soon

So, have any of you guys created a new husbando/waifu in SE?

How buggy is The Choice is Yours?

>Second, just reinstall SKSE and see if the issue still persists
It did not fix it, I still get the error from NMM and from SkyUI in game as well.
This is one of the reasons I just don't like using these script extenders, but all the good stuff needs it.

Because Oblivion looks like shit and uses a outdated engine that they have to pay to use. They would probably have to port the entirety of Oblivion to the creation engine and probably wouldn't sell that well anyway.

The cuckolds on Nexus (and leddit) interpreted his post as meaning "you are allowed to modify his files (nevermind the stupidity of thinking you need to ask permission to edit a publicly distributed source file) but you have to give it to the guy who has said he's quit modding and let him reupload it or it is 'piracy'".

The people on Nexus mods (and most of the Skyrim community, except Wyre) are notoriously close-minded and believe that you have to ask for permission to download a mod. (They'll even ban you if you post a link to someone's mod if they've scrubbed it from the internet because they quit.)

you better be installing it manually

>the little shitter girl
>his fucking face

This somehow cranked my disgust up to 11

I'm pretty sure there's no other way to install SKSE

I've been away from modding for a while. What's the alternative to NMM now?

SMIM for SE out, no excuse now faggots, if you don't have SMIM you will be shot on sight

nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/659/?

Yep, a 2H/heavy armor Nord named Testla. Once I get my hands on all the necessary mods, I'm going to make her look like: pre09.deviantart.net/b5f6/th/pre/i/2016/166/8/d/daybreak_by_forty_fathoms-da6c1c0.jpg

I just want an NPC overhaul a la WICO that works with SE...

flawless widescreen update when

Of course.
OC do not steal.

>far too heavily on uncompressed textures
Yep. I blame you for making me autistic about compression and DXT types, kek. Seriously though, the amount of work this would require on just my characters alone would be too much for slightly better performance. I understand that Win 10 users basically need this version, but to a person on Win 7 with a lot of work put into textures and the like, the SSE looking even less attractive right now.

>All I know is running Skysight uncompressed face textures literally crashes the game at logo
Fucking. Wew.

>now

This looks nice youtube.com/watch?v=s58gqntXd0Y but the overall package is not worth it. Probably won't be worth it for years to come.

I made a family member (place holder).

That's neat.

Whats wrong, user?

WB or MO

Please tell me you're installing SKSE manually.

as I said here
I don't know of any way to install it other than manually.

the problem is I still get the in game error with sky UI no matter how I install it.

>UNP
>lanterns
>skyUI

comfy

all I need now is some decent male face remodels

>years
I mean, once the CK is out, and ENB and SKSE are updated, I can't see much reason to go back to the original. It runs better for me and like you just posted, can handle more.

>ENB
>SKSE
>coming out for SE

Don't forget FORES.

>ENB
>SKSE
>coming out for SE

yes, that's what I said.

>ENB
I don't think so.