Got drivers license in 2010

>Got drivers license in 2010
>Get pulled over (right tail light is out) and cop tells me my license is expired and i need to get it renewed
>Had no idea drivers license was expired
>Says I need to come in to renew because of some law passed in July 2012 that requires people renewing their license for the first time to do it in person
>OK.jpg
>Says I need document proving my identity (Passport or Birth certificate).
>Don't have either so look up online to get a copy of my birth certificate
>Required info for a birth certificate is a completed and signed request form, certified check or money order, photocopy of your valid photo ID (Driver's License, State Issued ID Card, Valid Passport)
>Can't get it cause I ASSUME a valid photo ID requires a drivers license to be non-expired (still not sure on this one)
>Decide to look up to get State ID Card
>Required documents for state ID, Proof of your identity (Valid U.S. passport.U.S. birth certificate), proof of your Georgia residency, proof of your Social Security number.
>Can't get one cause no birth certificate

Basically at this point im going in circles cause everything I need requires some sort of identity and my only identity is expired.

Am i basically fucked at this point or is there something I am not seeing?

Other urls found in this thread:

traveltips.usatoday.com/papers-need-passport-61516.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

Why not get a state ID card or try your expired license

retard

start with a social security card. Your govt. will make you a new copy of that for free.

Use that to get updated copy of birth certificate, and I think you can also use it (provided it has your DoB on it) to get your driver's license.

Now delete thread. An entire 3 replies of ecoboost shitposting died for this.

>Why not get a state ID

State ID's require a Birth Certificate you moron.

ah shit i goofed up
You could also ask someone who gets paid to answer questions like these, like the DMV.

> Calls someone else a moron
> After failing to renew his driver's license and failing to have any other form of ID
What is this, opposite day?

Birth certificates are a matter of public record, you shouldn't need an ID unless you're paying with a check. Here in Burlington VT, if you want someones birth certificate, you can literally show with $10 cash and fill out the form and they hook it up. I went and got my girlfriends certificate from there a couple weeks ago and it was easy peasy, I straight up told them I was picking up a copy of my girlfriends certificate for her and zero fucks were given because again, public record. Though I'm sure if you went to the city hall in the city you were born in and explained that you need a birth certificate to renew your license, because it's expired, they'll accept the old one since you need it to get a valid one.

Sadly shithole Georgia requires a photocopy of your valid photo ID, such as

Driver's License
State Issued ID Card
Employee ID Card
Valid Passport

Ill be glad when i finally move out of this state.

Failing in simple reading comprehension is lengths greater than failure to remember to renew your license.

traveltips.usatoday.com/papers-need-passport-61516.html
Here you go OP, best bet is to obtain a passport. Their are secondary levels to go through if one does not have a birth certificate. Go speak to your local passport office and they'll sort it out.

And for fuck sakes I'm an immgrant and I kept doubles of all my documents. You natural born citizens are a fucking joke.

>Now this is a story all about how
>OPs license renewal got flipped-turned upside down
>And I'd like to take a minute
>Just sit right there
>I'll tell you how I became the king weeb of a town called Bel-Air

Well we normally don't have any reason to until our guberment decides to change laws around and makes something that was easy to get more complicated then it needs to be.

In many places an expired drivers licence is still valid ID.
Give it a shot.

Otherwise something along these lines.
You can't just fall through the cracks.

Thanks, will do.

>not keeping copies of vital documents
>not keeping multiple forms of ID
Seriously you need to wake up. Don't you have a GO bag? Wtf is up with you Americans is this why trump is a candidate???

How did you even get a drivers license without proof of identity to begin with? In Jew York I needed several documents, apparently just one isn't good enough

t. retard. Fuckin' LOL what an idiot.

No it's not. Your driver's license has the expiration date printed on it and it's needed to legally drive. Failing to follow a simple law is far stupider than failing to read a post on Veeky Forums.

You've got to go back Pedro.