Whatup, Veeky Forums

Whatup, Veeky Forums.

I'm on the hunt for a new (used) vehicle. I'll need to buy one soon, as I'm currently driving a rental. Would you like to help me pick one from my local Craigslist?

Must have AWD/4WD, enough life to last me at least 3 years (around 150k miles is fine), and cost less than $10k.

I'm mostly looking for either a hatch/wagon car like a Subaru, or a smaller/mid-sized SUV like a RAV4, CRV, or Jeep Cherokee.

I'll be moving soon for flatland Illinois, but I'll only be there for maybe a year and then move again to somwhere else. Could be anywhere in the states or in a handful of other countries. My company moves me and I won't have to drive the car there, nor will I really get much of a choice.

santafe.craigslist.org/search/cta

Other urls found in this thread:

santafe.craigslist.org/ctd/5794631746.html
santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5770965849.html
santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5783369105.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5786907221.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5789167720.html
roswell.craigslist.org/cto/5791026116.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5753475342.html
albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5708350521.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buy a civic for 3k. You don't need awd.

Also, I forgot to say, it mus be standard transmission. Non-nogotiable, don't try to convince me to use automatic. It's not happening.

I don't know a whole lot about cars, so any advice you might have would probably go a long way for me.

You may not always need it but pretty fucking sweet to have or know someone with one whenight you get in some shit. Cherokees are like being given away right now at least in my area.

>need

Where's that at?

santafe.craigslist.org/ctd/5794631746.html
2002 Honda CR-V 4WD LX Manual - $6495
Make : Honda
Model : CR-V
Series : 4WD LX Manual SUV
Model Year : 2002
Engine : 2.4L 160.0hp
Stock ID : 16131
Mileage : 140701 mi
Exterior : White
Interior : Black
VIN : JHLRD77462C033599
Transmission : Manual

Same place I bought my last Subi that I loved. He's asking like $1k more than KBB though, and white is such a bland color.

2006 nissan xterra - $5799
condition: good
fuel: gas
odometer: 129
title status: clean
transmission: manual
2006 nissan xterra,manual 6 speed ,129k miles, tires are like new, $5799 obo

Not bad, anyone here like the Xterra? My step mom has one and loves it...

Would consider this guy if it was hatch/had less miles.

1990 e30 325is 2 door 5 speed - LSD - 190K miles - $3500

santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5770965849.html
Buy this an fix the body and oil leak and have a cool cheap dd.

>santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5770965849.html

Lovely idea, except I'm not really looking for cheap. $4k-$10k is about where I'm looking. Not so much interested in fixing up a car right now.

The leak could be fixed in a day by a mechanic. Don't be a cuck.

2005 subaru forester

2005 Subaru Forester XT Turbo - $6900
VIN: JF1SG69675G717160
condition: excellent
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: 4wd
odometer: 180000
paint color: silver
size: compact
type: SUV

Might be pushing it a bit on the miles.... I'll drive 30-60k before I sell.

>not wanting to fix other people's problems
>cuck

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

NE GA

Anything you buy will need some kind of work. The only way to get perfect is to buy new.

from this post... new engine, only 60k miles. Would be perfect if there is paperwork. No paperwork means I have to trust....

"Selling my one owner Forester XT for $6,900 (obo) as I have replaced it with a 2016 Forester XT. Purchased the car new in Albuquerque, NM in 2005 and has been garage kept at my home in Santa Fe, NM. The mileage has primarily been on the highway between Albuquerque and Santa Fe (120 miles RT). The car has not had any modifications and has been maintained. The drivers seat has the typical cracking on the drivers bolster closest to the drivers door. In general, the interior is good as is the exterior. There are a few scratches and very minor dents that are hard to find. The car has never been in an accident nor had any paint or body repair. All accessories function well including the stock radio. The engine has been replaced with a low mileage engine from the same model. The chassis has 180k miles and the engine has about 60k miles (reported to me by the vendor). The transmission is a 5 speed manual.

Tires have about 5K miles
New windshield
New steering rack and power steering pump
New clutch
New front rotors and pads
Two new front axles
Trailer hitch
6 disc CD changer
Color silver
Roof rack with crossbars
Heated seats
All weather package
Clear bra on the hood, front fenders and front bumper "

True, but like I said I'm looking for a newer vehicle. I wouldn't mind a 90s Jeep Cherokee or other SUV, but for car I would rather have a 2000s model. Not to mention that car he posted is kind of.... ugly.

>The engine has been replaced with a low mileage engine from the same model.

What would a "low milage" engine mean? As in, doesn't handle well after many miles?

Buy the 1988 awd e30 that's listed for 9500.

Hint: it might be worth 7k tops.

>buy this, it's not worth it

Err.... OK?

-----------------------
Audi A4 - $4500
2002 audi a4 quattro

odometer: 159168
paint color: blue
size: full-size
type: sedan
No front bumber paint is not too bad a lil fade on the paint but not to bad has no ac because of turbo swap has k04 45/40mm pushing at 13 psi and k&n intake has missing a piece to make more boost stright piped 5speed manuel oil has been changed has a forge sequential bov runs really amazing probably just gouing to need spark pulg change some times it take twice to turn on when its cold but this car is outstanding every single thing was completely stock untill it was bought no low balling all cash no payments no joy rides unless money on hand

Not bad... considering this.

2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Sport Utility 4WD - $5986
2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT
cylinders: 6 cylinders
odometer: 133200
133,200 miles
Anti-Lock Brakes
New Kenwood stereo system, USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio ready
Cruise Control
New floor mats
Keyless Entry
Leather Seats
Multi-zone Climate Control
Power Locks
Heated Seats
Power Mirrors
Fog Lights
Power Seats
Tilt Wheels
Tinted Glass
Power Windows
Premium Wheels
Rear Window Defroster
Steering Wheel Control
Mud flaps
Child Safety Door Locks
Rear Wiper
Load Bearing Exterior Rack
Alarm System
4WD
In the last three months the brakes, lower ball joints, alternator and battery were replaced.

It's worth buying, just not for his asking price. Is this hard to understand?

It does look nice...

>No low ballers please. I've invested

Also doesn't say the milage....

202k. It's right there on the side. I wouldn't worry about it since he's put so much money in it. It's been listed 15 days. He might be getting antsy.

>get excited
>realise automatic
>listed as manual
muthafucka

What? I've looked all up and down that page and don't see the miles. Unfortunately lots of work can be a bad thing too. Do you know much about this make/model? Honestly kinda sorta looking for something with more room also.

Super high miles, but man I'd be tempted by this 5spd 4Runner with the rear locker:

santafe.craigslist.org/cto/5783369105.html

should get 20ish MPG in mixed driving, maybe even low 20s on the highway if you don't speed. If all the maintenance records check out and its been taken care of, quite frankly even 271k isn't the end of the world at all for these rigs. And your climate means no rust worries, just about the only thing that can kill an older 4Runner.

E30 is goat. Pretty simple and reliable but since I have to tell you this you're not an enthusiast so it'll be wasted on you.

Just go buy a 4wd truck or pathfinder or 4runner and be done.

'nother 5spd 3rd gen with lower miles:

man here in the midwest I've almost never seen a 5spd gen 3, apparently they all stayed in the Southwest!

2000 Subaru Outback Limited - $4500
2000 Subaru Outback Wagon

paint color: white
size: mid-size
type: hatchback
Solid car in decent shape. 142K+ miles.

5spd Gen 2:
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5789167720.html

Not as big of a fan of the motors in those, but as long as you keep it rust proofed they are bomb proof.

Looks interesting but not much information...

2006 wrx - $8000 (Taos, nn)
2006 Impreza wrx
odometer: 160000
paint color: grey
type: sedan
Love this car..hate to sell but am trying to get a truck.. engine is solid with vf39 and other STI goodies. .. had water pump and timing kit installed recently along with new gaskets all around. ..full invoice of all work done...ONLY down side is the minor body work....
Looking to trade also for a diesel..7.3 f250 or a 5.9 24v..

4runner/pathfinder is good, not interested in a truck.

And yes, it would be wasted on me if it's something precious.

Also, I'm not sure that I'd consider Colorado to be in the Southwest...

I was looking at the Springfield, IL craigslist (where I'm going), and I see almost zero Jeeps or Subis, or even anything for sale up there, even though they have like 3x the people as where I am now.

Potential

1999 Subaru Forester L - $2200
1999 Subaru Forester L

condition: excellent
odometer: 116000
paint color: red
This little Subie is great. I hate to sell it but the money is going towards a great adventure. It's a 5 speed manual with A LOT of new parts. I drove this car to Las Vegas in July after doing the head gaskets and everything else, and in 110 degree weather, the A/C was cold and the temp gauge didn't move at all. Ask questions and let me know if you're interested. show contact info

Good:
At 110,00 mi
-Fel-Pro MLS head gaskets
-Timing belt
-Timing components
-Water pump and thermostat
-Transmission fluid flush
-Rear diff fluid changed
-A/C compressor
-Expansion valve
-Slave cylinder
-Front CV axles
-Alternator (wasn't bad but my dad dropped it and bent the pulley)
-Clutch

I also just replaced the belts for the A/C and the Alternator/Power Steering pump. The A/C blows cold, and the heater makes you sweat. Also has the rear cargo mat, and the cute little net for when you run through the mesa with your groceries in the back.

Bad:
I believe the clutch fluid has an air pocket somewhere in the lines. Transmission is perfect and smooth when it's cold but the clutch won't fully disengage with the clutch pedal depressed all the way after it warms up. The clutch pedal isn't sticky after replacing the slave cylinder, I just haven't had the time to try and bleed it again.

Honestly I'd try to scoop up something in the southwest and avoid all the rusty shit in the Midwest. In general you will see a whole lot more domestics of all sorts (both SUVs and sedans). A gen 2 Explorer (95-01) could serve you pretty well, I'd go for a V8 model to get the AWD transfer case and the stronger 4R70 transmission.

>rusty shit in the midwest
What do you mean by that? I can't find much up there anyway.

Thoughts on salvage title? Basically it's just a risk, right?

AUDI A4 QUATTRO 3.0 - $4000
2002 audi

odometer: 140
title status: salvage
Runs great. Yokohama tires, leather seats with heat warmers, electic seats. good motor 3.0
manuel 6 gears.

Not bad here either ... Assuming rebuild engine has papers.

1993 Toyota 4Runner- *fresh motor and in great shape* - $4500
1993 Toyota 4runner

odometer: 263000
paint color: red
This vehicle has been awesome for me and my family! However, it is time to let it go. My son didn't want to drive standard, so it is time to let someone else have some fun in this amazing 4runner. I purchased this vehicle from a mechanic about 5.5 years ago. He had done a ton of work on this to get it ready for sale. He rebuilt the engine and the clutch and went over the whole vehicle. (He is the owner of a local Toyota mechanic shop) Since then I have put 15k miles on the vehicle, so you are essentially buying a 4runner with 15,000 miles and these things last FOREVER. If a nuclear attack were to happen I am sure cockroaches and this 4runner would be the survivors.

Below are some of the features of this vehicle:
- cruise control
- V6
- 5 speed manual
- 4 wheel drive
- Sun roof
- New radio
- Toytech lift
- Old Man Emu shocks and steering dampener
- ARB Front bumper
- Smitty winch
- Power locks and windows
- I am sure I am missing things, so please ask

Overall, the condition of this 4runner is very good, given its age. However, as with any vehicle its age, it has some dents and dings. Like I said it has been a great third vehicle for us. In fact, it is a little hard to let her go. I have put a decent amount of money into this vehicle. The bumper and the winch alone are worth $2,000 installed.

What is there to not understand? Buy a car in a climate where corrosion on cars is basically unheard of instead of a place where they get eaten alive by road salt.

Pro-tip:

Try to avoid even looking at cars at used car dealers or car flippers. Buy from private parties. Buy from decent people who know the history on the vehicle and have kept up with maintenance and kept it clean.

Double pro tip: used euro-trash from used car dealers is easily the worst thing you could consider buying.

Speaking of salvage title... I've been eyeing this guy.

1991 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 on 37inch Dick Cepek Tires - $3300
1991 Jeep Cherokee

title status: salvage
New engine and new clutch
Bumper with winch plate
2 ac power inverters
6inch lift
New tires new rims
Center console is a lock able gun safe

The jeep was stolen a few years ago and insurance paid for it till it was found... so it has a salvage title
After the theft a VIPER alarm was installed to prevent theft

Runs and drives great!
Also a very good project for somebody who loves off
roading

>What is there to not understand? Buy a car in a climate where corrosion on cars is basically unheard of instead of a place where they get eaten alive by road salt.

That's what I don't understand. I don't know jack about the midwest and I'm not all that interesting in moving there.

>Try to avoid even looking at cars at used car dealers or car flippers. Buy from private parties. Buy from decent people who know the history on the vehicle and have kept up with maintenance and kept it clean.

Makes sense. The last dealer I bought from was pretty good though, and I can't really find much that I want from dealers anyway.

>Double pro tip: used euro-trash from used car dealers is easily the worst thing you could consider buying.

I'm more into Japanese and American desu.

Xterras are cool. I want one. 11' and up though. Older ones have said to have cooling problems.

I've heard the '02-'04 have some serious recalls on them.

Not cooling problems per se, the ones with automatic transmissions have internal trans coolers built into the radiator. The internal line bursts and coolant and ATF mix, very quickly killing the transmission if not caught in time. Just bypass the factory lines and install a stand alone external trans cooler and forget about it. 3g 4Runners have similar issues (not as often), and the solution is the same.

Looks good, but that color.....

2002 Ford Escape - $2800
Standard, a great family car, interior is still in good shape, just need to replace the battery cable. A/C works! We just have no use for it a little over 100,000 miles $2,800 obo
Habla espanol

roswell.craigslist.org/cto/5791026116.html

These are pretty underrated IMO. Like a cheaper 3g 4Runner with just a few quirks to look out for (mostly top end oil leaks)

It does look pretty good, not sure about quality of Mitsubishi tho.

Also...
>auto
>roswel

This looks great, but I have no idea what most of this shit means.

2007 WRX Wagon -tuned - $6500
2007 subaru impreza WRX wagon

odometer: 183000
paint color: silver
2007 Subaru WRX Wagon. $6500.00
Silver, 18x,000 miles
New Strut assemblies installed (10 miles)
New Summer tires (

This looks good too.... just wish it was a hatch.

Wrx - $6000
2004 Subaru wrx

odometer: 132000
Subaru wrx 04 have a little noise in the transmission but still works strong and fast i asking 6000 for more inf call at

They're really pretty darn decent. Again, not being a rusty heap thanks to your climate helps a bunch. Just keep up on maintenance (change fluid in front and rear diff, in transfer case, in transmission) and it should be good to go.

Any words on 90s Isuzu Rodeos?

If you're just a normie non car guy, stay the fuck away from modified cars, period. he even states the car needs work in the ad "needs some love"

I'll reiterate, buy a clean well looked after car from a private seller, preferably with some sort of documented maintenance. Not a beaten on Ken Block special.

This looks pretty good except
> real milage unknown
> $9500

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon, 5-Spd - $9500
2004 subaru impreza WRX

VIN: JF1GG29684G805051
condition: fair
odometer: 78000
type: wagon
2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon with 5-speed manual.

New Exedy Clutch (OEM equivalent), & Exedy lightweight flywheel, new p/s pump, all New Brake Calipers, EBC Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Fuel Lines, Fuel Damper, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, (x2) coil packs, Rear Diff Cover, lots of vacuum lines, STi S/S Clutch Line, SPT Turbo Heat Shield, SPT Radiator Shroud, SPT Lower Cross Brace, STi shift knob, SPT Oil Cap, SPT Battery Tie Down, Killer B Oil Pick Up, Perrin Turbo Inlet, New center cartridge for Turbo w/billet wheel, wastegate solenoid, Idle Air Control Valve, brake fluid (Motul), clutch fluid (Motul), Transmission & Rear Diff Fluid (Subaru Gear Oil), Rear Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Subaru Heavy Duty All Weather Floor Mats, and I'm sure theirs more.

Will Include Tactrix 2.0 Cable (cable to connect to OBD II). Also have CD Manual that will go with it. And all my extra and new parts for the car will go with it too.

The Bad: It's a 12 year old car, has dents and dings, slight hail damage, swirl marks. Also the instrument cluster was replaced a few owners ago with the 02-03 model with the speedometer in the center (instead of the tach.), so true mileage is unknown (Not a salvage title, but isn't actual mileage). Needs Tires.

Email with questions.

Asking $9,500.00. Will consider partial trade for Dirt Bike (interested in 4-stroke, 150cc or bigger & 2004 or newer), ATV (interested in 4-stroke, 450cc or bigger & 2006 or newer), and/or trailer (at least 6'x12' w/ramp). Selling as-is, where-is, all sales final.

>Snorkus Delete

The fuck is a snorkus?

Words.

Well, where I'm moving there isn't much to do. My top two hobbies aren't supported at all there, so I'll need a new hobbie. Maybe I'll get into cars? Otherwise I agree with you, it's probably too much for me.

mfw

Stay away from the automatics, undersized and known to fry. 5spds are good. Motors pretty decent, earlier SOHC ones are known to get really noisy hydraulic lash adjusters but that doesn't actaully affect how they run, just makes them clatter like a diesel. 98+ V6s are known to be oil burners.

Kinda fuckin sexy..

01.5 audi s4 6 speed $4k this week only - $4000
2001 Audi s4

odometer: 165000
Hi I have an 01 audi s4 twin turbo 6 speed for sale it's runs good doesn't smoke. It has the 2.7 liter twin turbo with the famous Quattro all wheel drive system. It has a couple new parts and aftermarket upgrades.

The upgrades are

Jhm front mount intercooler
Straight pipe cutback exhaust with tip.
Aftermarket black wheels with brand new tires maybe have 50 miles.
Stage 3 6 puck clutch.
Brand new interstate battery
New crank sensor
Stock radio in great shape The timing belt was done at 125k

The bad is that it won't go into 2nd gear. All the other gears work. I do have a brand new 01x transmission that will come with it but it will take minor modifications to make it fit.

The car has 165k on it but is in pretty good shape overall.

I have owned the car for a while now and some things have come up and I need to sell it but I can only accept cash no trades as I do still owe on the car.

The car books for 6500 and the transmission cost me 3k so let me loss be your gain and have one sweet car.
I'm asking $5000 OR BEST OFFER I need it gone so offer up thanks

Troopers will have the same drivetrain, but with more interior room and I'm predisposed to them for being manufactured in Japan, the later 98+ rodeos were assembled in Lafayette Indiana.

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5753475342.html

Thanks for the tips!
They are on my radar since they're so cheap but fairly practical also.

Fucking hell dude you're hopeless. Hope your new hobbies include "learning VAGCOM and becoming my own Audi mechanic"

Not bad, might be a little expensive...?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX - $6300
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

odometer: 170200
Up for sale is a 2002 WRX wagon. I've had the car for 4 months now, but got a deal on a newer WRX so time to sell this one. The car is 100% stock minus the perrin catback exhaust. The exhaust sounds good and isn't too loud. It's been a fun and reliable car for the entire time I've had it. I recently took it to Vallecito, CO with no issues. Even managed to get 26 mpg on the trip. I'm open to offers. No trades please. I'm usually at work so text is preferred. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

It was just a thought, yo. It's probably not going to happen.

Jesus Christ why am I laughing so hard

Found an '88 Supra Turbo ........ Because that's what I need in my life right now.

1998 BMW 318 ti, 4cyl, 5-speed, 146k miles - $1800
1998 BMW 318

odometer: 146
paint color: yellow
One of a kind BMW, very rare, custom paint job, corvette yellow, custom rear window wrap, new tires, new clutch, new water pump, new ball joints, new stereo, ac blows cold, heated seats, runs great, new spark plugs, stock 15 inch but almost new michelin pilots, can text pics show contact info possible trades plus cash NEEDs head gasket

Daily driver or na?

albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5708350521.html

Talking about being a cuck ........... this jeep literally has bondage.

Could they mount the spare tire a little higher?

You should leave.