/vn/ - Giraffe Edition

Visual Novel General #1227

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:

This general is for the discussion of English translated visual novels. E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/g2HkqgHP
github.com/07th-mod/onikakushi
github.com/07th-mod/watanagashi
github.com/07th-mod/tatarigoroshi
github.com/07th-mod/himatsubushi
a.uguu.se/PGxXfrFlxqV2.webm
youtu.be/UJQ9j8XRu0g?t=12).
vndb.org/r46584
youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/792129349054902272
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like lolis.

Tsukihime is a masterpiece.

>/vn/'s purchase habits
>pastebin.com/g2HkqgHP

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

It's my favorite VN but it's also flawed to hell and back.

I'm also scared to reread it because even back in High School I thought it read poorly. I imagine I wouldn't be able to stand it now.

>you have to create an account to use it
damn that's dumb

Post favorite moments.

>purchase habits
/vn/ doesn't purchase shit according to the figures.

why is moogy such a faggot

why is moogy such a faggot

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

quoted the wrong person
meant to quote
referring to discord

and what does "this invite has expired" shit even mean?

Who is the Idris Elba of Visual Novels?

Rise is truly /our girl/.

Good lord she is adorable.

Overrated VNs general?

I helped

I don't pirate

>Hanachirasu
>overrated
barely anyone talks about it, really. it isn't even that highly rated on vndb or EGS

More people buy visual novels here than I'd have thought. I'm pleasantly surprised.

You need to find the new invite, or go to discord search and search visual novel. Finally leave this hell hole.

I don't think people talk about either one that much anymore. I never read Hanichirasu and I haven't read Tsukihime in years because of how difficult it is to get into now.

OELVNs

Rise vs Mitcher

I'm happy being /vn/'s 2nd

I unironically respect Moogy for his contributions to the visual novel scene and hold his opinions in high regard

Corona Blossom vol 2 is out, why is no one talking about it?

Who's the Donald Trump of vns?

If I can't learn japanese today I'm ending it

Idris Elba

Is it worth playing the new version of Higurashi or should I just stay with the original.

Please Bang my Wife

Explain why you value his opinions above others

also

>contributions

new one, mod in the sprites and voices for the PS2 version

Old version was fine, just use the visuals and music patch.
You can play Hou 1-4 with even better visuals for now though.

this is too complicated just to join some chatroom, fuck it i'll just stay here

Get the steam version and use this

github.com/07th-mod/onikakushi
github.com/07th-mod/watanagashi
github.com/07th-mod/tatarigoroshi
github.com/07th-mod/himatsubushi

I finished it last night. I was a bit disappointed in Lily's personality, given what she appeared to be in volume 1. With that being said, Yunie was downright adorable.

They're still putting Shino in the spotlight, unfortunately. The game could be a lot better, but the writers keep throwing in scenes supposed to be touching and emotional but are completely out of place given previous events. It just ends up being cringeworthy and immersion-breaking.

The H-Scenes are solo scenes starring Kumiko, Yunie and Lily - much better range of characters, in my opinion. Have only beaten it to Kumiko's so far. The animated scenes aren't quite as good as I'd hoped they be - they're just a single loop, which really stands out during cumming animations since Keiji will abruptly shove it back in and have another orgasm as the loop restarts.

I enjoyed it a lot despite Shino, and I'll happily purchase volume 3.
Each novel could stand to be a little longer, though. I got 4 hours out of volume 2. I paid less for Harmonia and got double the amount of content with a more interesting story, so it needs work in that regard.

>Explain why you value his opinions above others
Not him, but Moogy's opinion gets bonus points for 1) him having like a decade's experience with Japanese so you know language difficulty or language comprehension don't impact his reviews (I've actually read a VN review blog only to learn the main writer machine translates the games he reads), 2) having a lot of experience with Japanese media so he can make informed statements on cast members and history and such

Experience does very little when the person that it's reckoning with is nothing special. His only talent is being loud.

a.uguu.se/PGxXfrFlxqV2.webm (FM spoilers obviously)

I love this little scene. Door 1 was kind of plain in comparison to the other ones, but I liked the progression of this little tidbit. It's very innocent and nostalgic--helped greatly by the 'pops' and 'cracks' in the audio, which make it sound like an old vinyl disc. It's also a bit haunting, given the context of the scene before it, the ever-increasing corruption of the visuals, and the music, which is actually a redux of a previously played track, but without the optimistic and happy vocal contributions from the chorus of children (youtu.be/UJQ9j8XRu0g?t=12). It is decidedly hollow, a sort of bitter counterpoint to the opening scene of the first Door.

>tfw learned how to sympathize with others because of visual novels
I LOVE VISUAL NOVELS

Man I still need to finish Door 3. I get so easily distracted.

It doesn't help that grinding games are such a huge timesink.

What grinding game

Rune Factory. Trying to become a master cook

Please Bang My Wife

Thanks, I'll go get it from MG. If this is good then i'll probably read Umineko to.

>buying from MG

go to bed dovac

I Got Transported To A Different World Where I Banged My Alternate Self Without Realizing It

If 18+ Meikyuu doesn't come out today I'm ending it.

I just don't care about the sprites that much. I do want to get voices, but as far as i can see Kai doesn't have voices. Going from the new to old sprites is fine, but going from voices to no voices would be to much. Also I like supporting MG, I've bought like 7 games

>I like supporting MG, I've bought like 7 games
I'm happy for you user.
make sure you answered /vn/'s survey.

I hope you support other companies in the future as well.

>all those steps in the onikakushi voice mod

Seems so tedious, is there no .bat file for this?

Don't be so lazy, it take less than 5 minutes.

What did he mean by this?

It's a deep commentary on the self-destructive impulses of the VN market.

>reading VN
>get to H-secene
>close VN

What did she mean by this?

All right.

Which one?

Who is worse, R07 or Uchikoshi?

Is it true that kusarihime inspired fate/stay night, saya no uta, and some other well-known visual novel? If it's considered such a classic which become the foundation of those famous works, why isn't the actual visual novel discussed or even translated?

Nope

R07, he is simply nowhere near as complex as Uchikoshi's masterworks.

is ZTD /vn/?

vndb.org/r46584

Do you think we'll ever grasp Uchikoshi's genius motives?

>translated
There's a fuckton of important VNs that aren't translated. To Heart 1 is probably one of the most significant visual novels of all time and it's not translated. There's just too many good games and too few translators.

To Heart sucks though

Hey, he said "if it's considered such a classic which become the foundation of those famous works", not "if it's considered to be good".

One of these 2 will write the sequel for your favorite VN.

You can't choose which one.

How fucked are you?

Probably not. It has much more in common with stuff like Telltale games than anything, and those aren't really /vn/ material. The game really, really suffers from it, it loses quite a lot from taking out narration, and the animations they tried to replace it with are laughably bad. I've always wondered why they tried to change shit up so drastically in the third entry, was it just to appeal to westerners who didn't want to read too much? But you had to get through two full VNs to reach the damn thing, so clearly you had no problems with it at worst.

This video explains them pretty well. It's no 9-hour masterpiece, but it's something.

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

>KS sequel written by the master
Alright.

>to appeal to westerners who didn't want to read too much
DELETE THIS

Will the VN translation industry get better under the now inevitable Trump administration?

I'd respond but the american education system has left me illiterate so I have no idea what this post says.

>now inevitable Trump administration
Don't all the polls show him losing, though?

Trump-sama will force all vns to come out in english first and pass through rigorous inspection to ensure all the girls are simply top quality moe, the best moe, and not sluts.

We're gonna make VNs great again!

>Don't all the polls show him losing, though?
He's winning right now, and after the multiple bombshells laid on Hillary in the past week, his victory is basically assured.

I'll believe it when I see it. Whoever wins or loses, there still will end up being glorious amounts of butthurt. It's been a great election. I wonder what'll happen with /pol/ if trump loses.

I'm cautiously optimistic. But, yes, whoever wins, it's certainly been a pretty fun election.

In 20 years from now, when kids read about this election in their US History textbooks, they'll get to read about fucking Pepe and his influence on the election.

>they'll get to read about fucking Pepe and his influence on the election.
That kind of minor detail gets cut out of history books unfortunately.

Too bad.

saber >>>>>> rin

Sakura>the rest

they're both terrible but no one is worse than Saber

The future is now:
twitter.com/The_Doddler/status/792129349054902272

illya and medea were literally the only two girls worth a shit in Fate, and neither of them were main heroines

medusa is alright too, i guess. a bit too kuu for me, though. her sisters were better.

Are you smart, /vn/?

If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?

Not a big fan of Fate personally but Sakura is a cutie that's for sure.
>bullying a girl for being raped and magically drugged against her will
This is why you're a virgin

Please Bang My Wife

winrar!

>two typists, two pages
Is that in total or per typist?