How modable is the 1985 dodge omni ? Also how hard to find parts ?

How modable is the 1985 dodge omni ? Also how hard to find parts ?

I have literally never heard of that vehicle, so idk you tell me

You should mod it into beer cans

Those wheels, that spoiler. dont bother fixing it, its already dead.

Nice miniramp

My first car was an 88 omni. The mememobile. Fuck, I miss that piece of shit.

I can get one for pretty cheap would it be worth

Getting something other than the Shelby probably isn't worth it if you're at all interested in performance

If it's less than $1200, yes. You'll fall in love with it like it's a retarded girlfriend.

Car is alot of fun, its the lightest of all the K cars, its pretty much the same as the shelby charger but weighs a bit less.

Parts are dirt cheap for chrysler 2.2's and pretty widely available at boneyards and NAPA/Federated and such.

My first car was an 85 laser ... the only thing thats really a Pain in the ass on them is if you ever have to replace the starter its on the back of the motor underneath the turbo/exhaust manifold. Mechanically they are extremely simple and easy to work on.

The 2.2turbo 2 will achieve 45+ mpg with the 5 speed when being driven conservatively

The biggest downside to them is the electronics and the fact that if not maintaned and just beat on they will rust, just like anything from the 80s that was made of shit steel.

Other than that they can handle a decent amount of abuse.

GLH and GLH-S?

Ask James Reeves
>finished drag week 2015 with an average of [email protected]

Thanks user this is really helpful
The GLH

>modable???
GTFO!!

GLH / GLHS there is not alot of difference unless you consider that the GLHS is the rarest and most collectable.

they are essentially exactly the same drivetrain wise and performance wise.

Just fucking swap in a honda drivetrain and motor

Holy gay space niggers. My mom had a Dodge Omni in 1990. It was such a piece of shit and left her stranded so many times. My dad had to practically fix something every week on it.

Can this be done ?

with a welder and a grinder, anything can be done.

one of the guys that works for me said he used be into stuffing turbos into these. Not sure about parts, but it's not unheard of to mod those things

Let's put it this way.
I bought a Lincoln Mark VII.
A Lincoln, a straight up Lincoln with a Ford 5.0 HO motor in it, a very common motor for that time period.
Also, it fits parts from mustangs for the engine and suspension for the Ford Thunderbird of the near years.

I can literally not find sway bars. Swaybars that were stock. Swaybard that were aftermarket.
ABS rings, rotors larger than stock size, you fucking name it. I can't find a diddly fucking squat.
And this is a car made on a very very common platform.
Can't. Find. Shit.

As in, actual good shit that is. Replacement parts are a dime a dozen if it's not Mark VII specific. Like the ABS. Air springs though, surprisingly affordable.

Well the 1985 omni glh comes with a stock turbo