What do you think of Teslas?

What do you think of Teslas?

Other urls found in this thread:

greencarreports.com/news/1096801_tesla-model-s-battery-life-how-much-range-loss-for-electric-car-over-time
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

want it to be the first car that I buy.
Figure the future out already.

Good marketing, the Model S with the fake grille looks good, but not fond of the Orwellian implications of "autopilot", GPS tracking, and whatever else comes in the future. How long before they send speeding reports off to the coppers?

Model X look horribles. Model S and 3 without the fake grille just look wrong, somehow.

What do I think of the best manufacturer ?
With the little to no maintenance (100 moving parts vs 10 000 for an ICE) And blow job optimised self driving, as well as astonishing 2.6 second 0-100 for a 7 seat SUV ?
Tesla a best

Why arent they making tesla tanks?

>inb4 Muh GTR track times faggot that never ever even saw a track of their life and still drives a 90's automatic shitbox

What do I think of 3000lb batteries that last have a life cycle of a timing belt?

That I have no interest in such a thing.

t. shill

tanks cant afford to overheat and go into limp mode during battle
thats why gm doesnt make tanks, nor tesla

When will people strip these down to seat and steering column and possibly turn them into sick dragsters????

Slower around the burger king than a fucking corvette.
Went into limp mode before even finishing it's burger king lap.
Literal shit, but it gives me hope.
Hybrid drivetrains are the immediate future btw, we're not ready for full on electricity

Jesus, Dude - "Orwellian implications"? Really? There's no way around self-driving cars and they will need to communicate their position (among other things) to each other and the manufacturer to improve safety. Maybe I'm biased because I don't go anywhere, ever, but I'm really not worried about Tesla collecting anonymous data when I already have a smartphone that offers much better spying opportunities. And automatic speeding tickets won't happen for lots of reasons - not the least of which being that self-driving cars will become prevalent before that, and those simply won't speed period. I do agree with you on the looks of the X though, but the 3 and S are fine as far as I'm concerned. [image unrelated]

kys

Well im talking about red alert but whatever

free replacement

>There's no way around self-driving cars

There is.
Faggots like you just let it happen though.

>There's no way around self-driving cars
We've gotten around for the past 100 years without them just fine.

>Really
>There's no way around self-driving cars and
stopped reading there.
you have to go back.

>Orwellian implications
They can and will never get the 400 million current shitboxes off the road. You have a quarter of this board alone driving mechanical and vacuum operated shit from the 70s and 80s.

It's too late to fuss about Orwellian shit anyway. Computers were at that point a decade ago at the latest.

Do you guys actually get money for your shilling? Serious question.

I'm just waiting for model s's to stop being worth it to fix so I can pick up a shell and ICE swap it.

>good marketing
>no marketing

>They can and will never get the 400 million current shitboxes off the road.

This is easily done by making everything so fucking expensive that most give up their shitboxes completely voluntarily.

Just wait and see.

It WILL happen.

>"""they"""
Who's gonna make what expensive and how and who's gonna enforce it?

I'd probably buy one if I could afford it but they've had a lot of issues mechanically and in terms of interior quality. Lots of model s owners have had the battery and drive unit replaced at least once. Good thing it has an 8 year unlimited mile warranty.

what is
>insurance for manually driven cars
>taxes
>fuel costs

I drove one around Laguna Seca one time. The first lap was fun as fuck, albeit the car felt a bit pigfat, the second lap I was driving a 5000 pound car with about 150 horsepower because of limp mode. Was pretty underwhelming overall. Gas ftw

>"""they're""" gonna make insurance and fuel more expensive
Who?
>the boogeymen

It's actually (You) who's so desperately trying to find a boogeyman.
It is completely irrelevant

theyre shit and so are the people who drive them

whats the point of electric cars? just make fucking hydrogen fuel cells ones and quit being a cock

Just answer the simple question, who's gonna be behind the large scale removal of ICE cars from our roads? Which individual, corporation or other entity could enforce it?

lizard people

Definitely an uphill battle due to the entrenchment of big oil and traditional auto makers but it could happen at some point.

It literally can't until electric cars are better and cheaper than traditional cars.

Sure but Chevrolet is releasing a >200 mile range electric car this year for $37k before credits / incentives. Give it 5 years and that will be 300 miles. I'm not ready to ditch my 2016 ICE but if electric development goes as it should my current car will hopefully be my last daily driver ICE.

I see your point. My advice is to stick with proven Toyota, Ford and Hyundai/Kia and avoid undependable GM, Honda, Subaru for sure.

Stop replying to yourself

I wish they made a light work truck version, think like a 4 passenger Toyota Tacoma version.

I would save sooooo much money on gas.

>hyundai/kia
>proven
proven to be shitty knockoffs of superior cars, yeah, i agree
what do think of teslas?
>shit build quality
>overheats like a mofo when you just think of spirited driving
>overpriced
>interior of a $25k car
>giant autistic touchscreen that will inevitably become laggy
>batteries that will die
>inferior to the 5 & 7 series, s-class, a/s/rs 7, and every luxury car in its price range
the technology is cool, but teslas execution was nothing short of completely autistic. maybe in ~10 years those fucking morons will get their shit together

>he actually believes this

Tesla replaces them for free if it's during the first 8 years of ownership. Not sure how expensive it would be otherwise, I think they're supposed to be $10-20k depending on capacity.

Except that isn't true.

Original prices were 45k for the battery, they are still currently 12k for the battery plus labor.

None of the batteries have a 8 year warranty.

>8 year
>or 125,000 mile
>12,000 USD for a timing belt
>this doesn't include labor

Their gigantic 5000lbs sedans are already faster than supercars.
It'll be interesting to see what they can produce in terms of their own supercar someday.

Tesla.com/support/service-plans
>8 year, unlimited mile battery and drive unit warranty

>base cost - $4,000
>lasts up to 8 years or 100,000 miles
>$4,000 dollar timing belt
>go over 100,000
>$12,000 for the timing belt
>several thousand more for the labor

Tesla

Battery really never goes ''bad'' you just lose 10% of your charge after around 100k miles and if you did want to replace it after 10 years or so, you already saved roughly 10,000 in gas so the replacement cost is no big deal. You can't make the argument that you save money driving a model s because its expensive to begin with and you could just get 20,000 dollar car with 20,000 for 20 years of gas and maintenance but you also can't make the argument that the battery replacement after a decade is a big deal either. Drive what feels great to you.

So they get junked after 8 years? Wow, so good for the environment. Just what it needs. More constant car manufacturing.

hydrogen fuel cells or go the fuck home

>batteries really never go bad
You have no idea what I'm talking about

>saved on gas
Average 390 mile range of a car, with 2 dollar fuel. Puts it at about 6,700 dollars spent for 100k miles.

Meanwhile Tesla with its average of 265 miles, and an average charging price of 3.9 dollars national average, puts it at 1,471(2,265) for the 100k miles. (price can jump up to 6 dollars for summer time driving)

Now you add the 4k USD and its another 2,000 on top and its 6k USD.

So 6k vs 6,700 for the fuel car. An extra 700 dollars spent. Plus more pending on your timing belt.

That's all fine and dandy. Until you pass that 100,000 mile marker.

boring

>tesla is the future!
>cars from the past last longer and go further, only flaw is running on non-renewable resources
>tesla is the future!
>what we need is cars that run on renewable energy but aren't renewable themselves

make most people take the bus, fuel crisis solved

It's a souped up leaf.

10,000 moving parts.

>kek

I'm a bus rider : the post.

id rather have a 600hp triple-charged hybrid that still gets 50mpg and costs as much as a base model Tesla.

>Battery really never goes ''bad'' you just lose 10%

Obviously never had experience with other battery powered objects. One battery shits the bed and the whole cell is bricked.

I guess I thought you were 100% with this guy when he said ''life cycle of a timing belt'' which isn't true, there isn't a point where it will just die, it just loses charge, around 10% for 100,000 miles. This is a big if but if you only needed to ever go 200 miles at a time and the other 65 is just extra, you could go for 200,000 miles and just lose the extra charge you had in the beginning and save even more money.(specifically in this situation, I know buying a 100,000 car to try and save money overall is stupid but thats not the point)

>So 6k vs 6,700 for the fuel car. An extra 700 dollars spent. Plus more pending on your timing belt. That's all fine and dandy. Until you pass that 100,000 mile marker.

You're correct with the more accurate fuel costs, but the big point I want to make is even after the 100,000 mile marker, where if you wanted to replace it because you now have only ~240 miles and you must travel 241 miles in one go without stopping at a supercharger, meaning you will have to pay 12,000 for the new battery and lose money compared to a gas car, correct, but it doesn't just stop working. Once you hit that 100,000 mile mark, you go damn, now its gonna cost me 12 thousand to get a new battery, but oh wait, im still driving and everythings perfectly fine, lets not spend 12 thousand and keep saving money on gas until I do have to replace it eventually

Tl;dr : My main point is when you have to replace it when your charge is so low it doesn't fit your needs, the costs of the battery replacement [which is going to be much lower after the gigafactory] roughly evens out with the gas savings and it's no big deal. You win the argument about the free battery stuff with that other user but I'm just saying, when all is said and done, the fat ass battery on teslas don't deserve the ''muh 12,000 shekels after 100,000 miles' hate.

Propaganda

Obviously you like to reason by analogy instead of just looking at real life. The battery CAN go bad and ruin a cell obviously, but if we drop the special what if snowflake scenarios that could be applied to anything, we can look at what normally happens in real life when it comes to Tesla cars.

''Based on 84 data points from the 85-kWh version of the Model S and six from 60-kWh cars, the study concludes that the Model S will retain about 94 percent of its capacity after 50,000 miles, with losses thereafter shrinking to about 1 percent per 30,000 miles.

That means that after 100,000 miles, the typical Model S is projected to retain about 92 percent of its battery capacity and range.''
greencarreports.com/news/1096801_tesla-model-s-battery-life-how-much-range-loss-for-electric-car-over-time

I guess I should have specified typically instead of ''really'' though, sorry for the confusion.

>One battery shits the bed and the whole cell is bricked.
The P85D battery has 7104 cells

>volvo
kek