/brg/ Battlerite general

thunder thights edition
>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a Team Arena Brawler focused on adrenaline-fueled player vs player combat. Short and intense matches, stripped of random elements to optimize the action. Welcome to a world where champions dedicate their lives to the arena.
>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

masterbattlerite.com/profile/780878320375042048
masterbattlerite.com/profile/790329158306762752
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what do you guys pick round 2 rook? they are all very good rites imo
Usually I get Frenzy then Madness and Pummel Rush to get the most out of Beserk

does croak counter jumong? sick of that faggot in every game

you are doing everything right
play him for a bit a learn his skills

the feeling of poloma

This game is aids once you reach g12+
Every single aspect of this ranking system is fucking retarded.

Not saying the ranking system is a good one but every time someone complain he brings stupid examples that just makes it clear you haven't even understood the system that you could possibly complain.

Your winrate doesn't mean much by itself. I can have mmr growth even with negative winrate if my matches were won against higher players and lost to higher players.

The problem is that when you get up into the higher ranks you end up in situations where 90% of your games you're supposed to win because it matches you with a g12+g11 vs g11+g11 or some shit and you end up winning 5 and losing 15 most games

Sounds to me like you're the one who doesn't know how this works.

So what does the system have to do with the lack of high ranked players?

Fucking nothing. If you can't play consistent against matches you should be winning then stay low.

>31-24
>not consistent
Kek. I play well nearly ever game but some games are just unwinnable when you get matched with suicidal counter-hitting mouthbreathers who do less than 100 damage per round

reminder that you can get to grade 14 in 60 games or less
masterbattlerite.com/profile/780878320375042048

just found one thats even crazier, rank 14 in 34 games
masterbattlerite.com/profile/790329158306762752

That's what 57% winrate? And since you lost MMR it's clear you lost plenty to people below you. Yeah that certainly fits my definition of inconsistent.

The only thing that's clear here is that you don't know shit

>it's a Poloma/Shifu comp
Is there any comp that is more annoying to play against?

Yeah look at mr argument over here dishing out the hottest disses of 2016.

Stay mad. Stay low.

it's your own fault for playing broken ranked instead of unranked untill system is reworked

lufu comp

t. RemoveKebab

>its 2v1 as Pearl
>You win easily
When are they gonna do something to that smug bitch

good players wont let you win 2v1 even as Pearl

Is Oldur a Sloth or a Goat

He's commonly referred to as a goat or goat-ish.

>Goatish
He doesn't have horns

>2s stealth on blast vault
>one a round 1 battlerite

whose fucking idea was this?

You're giving up a root on her E and the "stealth resets snipe" rites, which are both pretty good on anyone. All you're doing is making her escape more reliable, as 2s stealth doesn't let you reposition much; the stealth fires the moment you jump, so half the duration is spent mid-flight.

Plus, would you rather Jade still have her round 1 "stealth grants immaterial" rite?

>No mention of being the spritual successor to Bloodline Champions
That's practically its biggest selling point.

>an op battlerite is good if the other 2 are op as well

I see

An almost-free reposition is overpowered?

They said on the last hotfix that you could force fulllscreen with he steam launch option but you still can't

How a engine doesn't allow fullscreen is beyond me.

lol no its not

Do you think they'll bring back Thorn for this, or will they just start popping out more OC characters like pearl?

A little of both. Sooner or later, they're going to run out of legacy designs.

Anyone have a razer key? I got one but when my friend tried 4 hours later they ran out of keys. It didn't occur to me they were finite at the time.

What is it with shitters getting cornered? How can a human being with a functional brain not come to the conclusion that its best to run somewhere where I can run AROUND a wall and dont end up running into a dead end?

Stunlock said that if there's a demand for the BLC champions they'll remake/port them all over.

The demand is obvious and everyone that played BLC is expecting their champions to be brought over.

I expect one or two more new champions to be released while they're working on bringing older champions over.

fuck the champions seriously, the matchmaking system is literally killing the game

play unranked until you feel competent enough to beat your ladder anxiety

are you arguing with me about MM, do you think it's fine?

Why are halloween chests 750g? Doesn't seem worth tbqh

sure it doesn't bother me. plus I know they're still working on it, this is exactly why the game is in a paid early access phase before it goes free to play.

alright cool. do you know anything about legacy skins? I want my fat samurai engineer back

>sure it doesn't bother me
something wrong with you
it's the exact reason why player count is dropping. Both ranked and unranked is retarded

Yep they're going to release the legacy skins, and hopefully we get the gender swap skins again too.

>, the matchmaking system is literally killing the game
No. No it's not. You're just a whining fuck who thinks his opinions are the only ones that matter.

>
>in unranked get matched with 20 games people when you have 1000
> in ranked can't climb the ladder because the system wont let me
no, you are dumb shit
how i am supposed to enjoy the game? spin the fucking character model forever?

I don't get people and their constant complaining. They're obviously working on match making, they gave people unranked so they wouldn't cry about their precious mmr points and people still can't muster up enough courage and mental fortitude to play in unranked matches without moaning about it.

The game's philosophy has always been about hardcore skill building. You can't get better at the game (any game) without losing and learning from the mistakes you, your opponents, and teammates make.

>higher you are the harder it is to ranked up
>system in nearly every single game with ranked
>waaaah it's too hard waaaaaaaaaah

>unranked
>waaaaah i want us to match by rank not be a mixed bag of fun
The latter is subjective.

No frankly you're just a flaming retard, I recommend the nearest harmful object.

The MM system isnt killing shit. Its the horrible balance and the fact that people play 2s that is killing the game. The advantage of certain characters in 2s is just too fucking big, which means that youre either forced to play them yourself or deal with the fact that you start every single match at a disadvantage. This isnt even remotely as obvious in 3s because theres more chars picked. In 2s youre almost guaranteed to run into at least 1 Lucie per match, usually its 2. Its just tiresome.

Le 3s are good may may xC

what i'm saying is - they have to drop everything untill matchmaking is done. The characters are not as important as MM
>higher you are the harder it is to ranked up
but i'm g11. The only way to rank up is abuse duoQ and even then all i can see is tiny mmr gains.
>No frankly you're just a flaming retard, I recommend the nearest harmful object.
you fucktard, this topic was already explained 100 times in this general. If you can't understand it, just kys

oh fuck yes. I might as well start saving up my cash monies and tokens right away

1. 3s is trash

2. if you aren't at least rank 13 the bad MM system doesn't affect you in anyway

Stop pretending you are hot shit being held back by anything but your own failures

2s has a boring meta atm. 3s are better.

The only reason you think so is because no fucking plays an obvious joke bracket.

Were 3s interesting to competitive people everyone would pick the same fotm shit there.

Is this game related to bloodline champions?

I checked the wiki and it look really similar, even champions look like bloodline champions' champions

same dev's

What's the best way to play against Jumong as Freya? I picked up the game a couple of days ago and this seems to be the hardest matchup, he's way more mobile and can dodge freely.

why are BLC fags so delusional? Do they really think this game is appealing to them and not to the wider audience?
I think this game would be better without them desu senpai

Nah man, 3's has way more viable comps than 2's. also competitive 3's will become more popular once ppl learn the game more. just give it time

the old invuln round 1 rite was 10x more broken

thorn is going to be the next champ
I can't believe he wasn't one of the first characters to be ported

how is this matchmaking balanced? And I got +9, that's more than i get for 3-0ing some more even teams

No "BLC fag" even wants to play this game. We only do because it will receive tournament support. We talk plenty to the devs and right now their plan is to focus on 2s for promotional events because its easier to access and understand. They are pretending to consider 3s, but based on what I've heard I highly doubt it. That will inevitably results in "BLC fags" leaving anyway, because not a single one of us prefer, hell, even respects 2s. We'll have to wait and see but quite frankly, I think that the game will die if it focuses on 2s because at some point casuals will be frustrated by their lack of progress and simply move on to the next title. 3s has more depth, the backing of the competitive scene, is more interesting to watch as soon as you understand the game and a bigger character variety. From a competitive standpoint its by far the superior bracket. From a casual standpoint its probably too stressful.

The problem is that a competitive game without a top level will die rather quickly. Part of the casual culture is watching and paying attention to """"pro"""" players. As soon as those are gone the game is almost doomed to die the same way BLC did. You can already observe it right now. Numbers are consistently going down because no one has a reason to log in anymore. There is nothing to do, nothing you want to work on, no reason to improve. Youre being pushed towards playing X or Y in 2s unless you want to start from behind and every match has the same characters in it, ESPECIALLY at high level. Sure, its early access but as it stands this game will simply lack longevity if it ends up focusing on 2s.

They should just add 10v10 since this is clearly the most depth and most variety bracket.

you are talking like devs are incompetent hacks and only BLC fags know how to make a good game
Also why do you think there will be no high lvl players without BLC fags?
You are so damn delusional, it's hilarious

Stop speaking for everyone you double nigger.

>you are talking like devs are incompetent hacks
Well they quite frankly are. You wouldnt know but we have prevented a lot of shit entering the live servers by telling them to hotfix and remove shit in private testing sessions. The Battlerites and balance patches they came up with were completely fucking atrocious from time to time. It felt like they didnt even play their own game. And quite frankly, based on their most recent decisions, I get the feeling that they dont have a clue what they are doing, they simply are too dumb to balance a game.

The more patches I see, the more stuff I test, the more I realize that it might not have been Funcom that killed BLC.

>Also why do you think there will be no high lvl players without BLC fags?
There is hardly any of the current high level players who gives a rats ass about 2s. How do I know that? Because I know the vast majority of them. Of course you will have people who are better than others, but it will be a tiny group that simply wont be interesting to watch, which is a big part of modern competitive games appeal. There needs to be a proper tournament community that can create "hype" to draw in the average retard. And a game needs those retards to make profits.

At the end of the day we cant do anything but wait. But if development continues like this then I give this game until mid 17 before it drops below 1k concurrent players. The title simply has too little features to attract the average "modern competitive gaymer". At least in MOBAs you can pretend to progress because a match takes 45+minutes. There is always something to learn. In And this is whats going to kill this game.

No comp scene if focused on 2s
No depth to the game mechanics
No big name to back the title (CSGO is a shit game as well but its made by GABEN LOL GOD XDDD so people just swallow it)
Mechanical skill requirements are more important than anything else
Being shit is rubbed into your face consistently (like in a fighting game)

ouch someone got upset

MAYBE BECAUSE THE OPPOSING TEAM HAS SOMEONE LOWER RANKED YOU FLAMING AUTIST

If 3s is so in demand by all the good players why is no one queuing it?

Also there aren't comp. games with 3s either unless you count an MMO. By your logic 5s should be the way to go.

i don't understand this post

did you understand mine?

>If 3s is so in demand by all the good players why is no one queuing it?
Because we literally organized private InHouseLeagues due to the MM system never finding anyone. We rather play in lobbies than deal with being matched against some g12 premade.

>Also there aren't comp. games with 3s either unless you count an MMO
You realize that BLC/Battlerite is LITERALLY a different version of WoW arenas, right? Thats the entire point of the title. Thats the idea behind the games development.

>By your logic 5s should be the way to go
See above. Most competitive games are either 1v1 or 5v5 because the games are designed around them and maps are properly sized. This game was developed with WoW arenas in mind which, spoiler alert, focused on 3s for a reason. 2s is a busted bracket, that has been known for ages. Hell, back in the days people dont even respected Gladiator titles from 2v2, which is why they got removed. Arguing which of the two is the superior game mode when that question had already been answered by 2008 is a complete waste of time. And yes, WoW is a MMO, not a competitive game per se. But that doesnt change the fact that the similarities are striking and that the devs themselves say that BLC (and therefore Battlerite) was inspired by it.

Being inspired doesn't mean much. Wow kept 5s glad titles and no one respected that either. In fact what people respected is meaningless, wow devs failed at balancing.

As a result wow pushed 3s that doesn't mean that the game was naturally gravitating towards it.

I mean in the end I don't give a shit about either gamemode or your opinion but your arguments are very far from factual. Just wish thinking.

>devs are incompetent hacks
sad but true. this won't inherently kill the game, but it's going to end up with LoL-style balance where FotM rules the game and if you aren't competent enough to play X champion at a ~4.8k level, you're shit out of luck competitively.

>high level players
there will always be high level players that want to play comp, whether it's BLC veterans or new blood who are good at BR. however i agree that there needs to be more competitive twitch presence or something. SLS puts out a competitive showcase news post on Steam every weekend but none of it makes me interested in watching. as well, there's just not a lot of good time slots for it? during the weekend you have every other game's tournaments or competitive "day", and people naturally go out more during the weekends. but during the week is harder because of work, time zones, few hours to play, hard choices of what to watch or play, etc.

it's funny that BLC was a perfect esport fit when it was launched, but esport streaming wasn't as big yet and the game itself was unappealing to casuals for a number of reasons. now that BR fixed the problems of it's appeal, it's struggling to find a place in the esports ecosystem since it's cluttered as fuck and already dominated by Dota/CSGO/LoL viewers (and for whatever fucking reason, hearthstone too what the fuck is wrong with people that HS is a competitive esport)

>The Battlerites and balance patches they came up with were completely fucking atrocious from time to time. It felt like they didnt even play their own game
give examples if you are talking about your secret club. You could just spouting bullshit who the fuck knows
>There is hardly any of the current high level players who gives a rats ass about 2s.
yeah but i wasn't talking about this. Core streamers who streamed since the beginning are still doing it. The twitch community is still forming, it's not dead or smth
I was talking about high level players. You sound like noone ever can reach the level of BLC "pro" which i highly doubt.

Can any brtards explain?

they want you to buy it with real money

just got the game today, ive been playing the fire mage and got to rank 11. what kind of combos can i pull off besides just stun locking w. partner? i played a bit of blc in beta but it just feels like better gfx from what i remember. anything interesting to do besides grinding out ranks with burst?

>combo
basically anything with your stun involved
you can E (br stun) into Q into damage
petr into dmg
stun/petr into ult
other than that, you can't do anything in this game besides playing it

i'm not sure what to feel anymore. i like playing 3s far more than 2s, but i want to be able to solo carry my games where possible because it feels like my teammates in 3s are literally always shit and aren't looking at their screens. but i also don't want to get too used to 2s meta and decision making, then be awful in 3s when i return to it.

>literally jumping between 4.5k and 4.6k all the time
I should just give in and pick fotm shit, shouldnt I?

I don't even care that much about the problems with mmr, 2v2/3v3 and balance. These things are fixable and simple.

To me the problem is the same as in BLC, it doesn't offer much to the average player that just wants to have fun. So the player base dwindles slowly but surely. This is the main issue and it's never addressed in any form, even though the game can't be successful without that.

>To me the problem is the same as in BLC, it doesn't offer much to the average player that just wants to have fun.
what do you even talking about m8 explain

with freya, everyone goes the hammer battlerites, is it because playing her any other way is bad? or just that the hammer build is just that much better

i always take the knockback stun, spacebar shield and fire wall fire ball talents. i only swap them out rarely but i feel like its pointless (char if opponents are dumb but then it doesnt matter anyway)

that's the way it is in any fighting game, you have fun until you reach your current skill wall. then it all falls apart because you either struggle to improve and reach a new peak, or you give up and stop having fun because you're not improving.

this game makes that problem worse by making you rely on other people to win, and there is no perfect matchmaking solution that will solve that

anything worth taking besides these? the game feels easy but some r14 rook player managed to stomp me earlier so i know there is more i can do

What mouse does berg use

These games are highly competitive and take dedication to get something out of them. Most players go for mobas like LoL because the game has a lot of stuff to do and it doesn't constantly highlight your own shortcomings.

In blc/br when people realize they aren't good and can't bother constantly trying to improve they get angry and quit.

i played a shit ton of LoL and DotA 1 and for BR is much more enjoyable
That's why i don't know what are you talking about

>the game feels easy but some r14 rook player managed to stomp me

then why isn't BR more popular than either game despite it being more enjoyable?

do you really just asked this question?

Seriously what the fuck is with that autistic copy paste zoom in of the character that faggots insist on putting in shit tier images?

>someone claims game is objectively more enjoyable than other games
>question about why game isn't more popular than the others isn't valid

>*subjectively
see?

Mobile games are the best games ever then. Thanks for enlightening us.