It'll only take two hours to have your car fixed

>it'll only take two hours to have your car fixed
>three hours later...

>He doesn't realize mechanics get payed by the hour

ofc they'll extend the job out, so you pay more in labor costs

Shouldn't have bought a Ford. Those things take ages to fix. Including restoring a busted hole in the truck bed after having it punctured by a tool box.

I thought crown vics were easy to fix

You thought wrong man

Wrong
Shop manual has every repair time listed. If it says 2 hr they only charge 2 hrs even if they spend 4 hrs or more unless they run into a major hurdle then they will bill for time on that repair lowest time I ever saw for a repair can be ad low as 0.15 hrs.
Most
Most mechanics try to do it in half the time in order to get more hrs worked in a day. Personally have made 16hrs payed on a 8hr shift.

thats what you get for buying an aluminum truck

You are an idiot. Mechanics get payed a flat rate for a job. Whether it takes them 3 minutes or 3 hours, their payment is the same for one job.

Who cares? Trucks are just fashion accessories for micro dicks. You don't actually need a tough truck when you're just going to the mall

exactly!

>Who cares? Bro Trucks are just fashion accessories for micro dicks

some people have toys and i cant haul my boat or snowmobile without a truck, that being said i dont have shitty 33" mudders on 200lb chrome rims and a 6 inch lift that doesn't ever see non pavement

There people, such as myself, that are in need for a workhorse pickup to, y'know, make a living. I'm not one of those cuckolds who like to compensate for something because I drive something taller than you.

But yeah, most Ford fags do that because they know they can't use their truck for work, since it can get seriously injured by having a empty toolbox bust a hole in it's bed.

>I get real work done
>I don't need a bedliner though because I'm usually hauling teddy bears and pillows in the back

>every fordcuck who owns a aluminum f-150

I don't drive a truck.
"my truck bed doesn't have any holes!"
-GM owner explaining to the tow truck driver how his truck is better

>GM owner explaining to the tow truck driver how his truck is better
I think you meant "Ford" owner, considering how Fords are notorious for breaking down all the time.

Any American car really

true.

>I don't drive a truck.
Clearly. Fucking cuck ford shill

you know what truck owner's most hated phrase is?

>hey what are you doing this weekend?

Rotflmao

That is completely untrue in my experience.

your experience must be from a third world country or something, mechanics get paid for the specific job, how much time it takes them is up to them and has nothing to do with how much they charge or get paid

Around here mechanics charge a flat fee for basic tasks and hourly for very involved things. For example getting my winter tires mounted and balanced is always $10/wheel. When I had my fuel pump replaced they charged for the time it took.

1 hour diagnostic + 2 hour repair

>Wrong
>Shop manual has every repair time listed. If it says 2 hr they only charge 2 hrs even if they spend 4 hrs or more

The original question can have a "wrong" answer by everyone including myself BECAUSE dealerships and stealership vary on their legal tactics of charging customers.

My large metro area has a bunch of chevy stealerships and dealerships. My local stealership uses the book value if they get the repair done in less time than the book time. If the repair goes over the book time, they charge me for the added labor time. They never lose out any chance for profit.