/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, October 29th:
1390 – First trial for witchcraft in Paris leading to the death of three people.
1922 – King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy appoints Benito Mussolini as Prime Minister.
1923 – Turkey becomes a republic following the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire.
1942 – The Holocaust: In the United Kingdom, leading clergymen and political figures hold a public meeting to register outrage over Nazi Germany's persecution of Jews.
1948 – Safsaf massacre: Israeli soldiers capture Palestinian village of Safsaf in the Galilee and massacre villagers after they surrender.

>News
EU4 Rights of Man and patch released. Search Veeky Forums's archive with archivebro's trip for links.

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 15/09/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/La_Granada_de_Rio-Tinto_Spain.svg/600px-La_Granada_de_Rio-Tinto_Spain.svg.png
medievalcostumesandgifts.com/images/product-images/09_07_07_025.jpg
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ce/e1/cd/cee1cdcf33175ff4f249010042618379.jpg
etc.usf.edu/clipart/73000/73097/73097_caesar_coin_lg.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=IwLSrNu1ppI
thequint.com/india/2016/10/29/pakistan-post-casualties-inflicted-keran-jammu-and-kashmir-india-jawan-killed-uri-machil-loc-attack-ceasefire-violation
lmgtfy.com/?q=romulus and remus.png
asromaultras.org/Adesivospqrgiallooro.jpeg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

This is the paradox fanbase

White

HAHAHA CLASSIC!!!

>you don't have to buy it
>fucking blitzing is DLC

Always makes me crack up

This is the Paradox Fan base.

Someone know what to do after downloading the files for playing EU4 ?

I wonder if CK3 will come with all the features from CK2 + DLCs or they'll do a Sims-style scam and sell only the base game, making people pay for everything all over again later.

Send help guise

Im playing EU3 (sorry for no Pic cant take sreenshots for some reason) and for some reason Persia is in the Spice Islands in the 1420s. That takes and chance of me owning them as Korea away. I mean I didnt really want to own them just vassal but still. How is Persia in the fucking spice islands? How is this allowed. I mean imagine England in the 100 year war getting some province in the Kongo.

Take what you can for the AE and then console it so that you own those provinces and they get the other ones back.

Let's post our biggest blobs. Took me 7 centuries.

how does it take you that long to blob as an emperor?
i have dozens of kingdom claims that i can enact at any time at 1100, if i wanted to blob id own everyone by 1200

Mine was Scandinavia and Russia in a single lifetime... Not that I capped it cause it was boring.

Not him, but if youre an emperor a single county gives you enough infamy to form defensive pacts.. Its best to be a large duke and hand over new things to other dukes that stay in the emperors control but you can just become emperor after youre done blobbing. Most infamy then goes to the emperor and i cools down faster.

EU4 is great aside from the combat

Why can't paradox even design forts that affect the AI also?

>start as pagan in earliest start
>declare dozens of wars at a time, imprison all your vassals, have -2000 gold
>conquer everything north and east of poland in one lifetime
was pretty fun once

>pagan
>having probems with money
Did you not constantly sack Venice and Genoa? I mean thats 2k right there. And you get 2k more every 5 years.

How do I make it without the use of console though

Why can't Paradox design AI?

The real problem is that they can't design AI that would understand how forts work and not have to cheat with fow.

Annex Georgia. Or open the province and give it to Georgias control and see if you can let them take it.

Might as well have just kept it the same. With the change it tricks you into thinking they are useful and burning cash for no reason

Biggest blob like biggest compared to a reasonable size or general size
Compared to original/acceptable size is pic related

Only Norse pagans can do that.

>tfw you don't check your province limit
So I need to get my deficit in check how do?

Well I do it even if Im not a pagan, just custom yourself norse. Its free money. And there is always raiding your neighbors, which if your that big should be easy, and it might take a while but just going around Poland should give you a grand.

It's an older save that I've loaded to try to understand the coring mechanics.
I can give them to Georgia, but the plan is for me to take Shirvan right now, not in ten years when I can diploannex Georgia. Without the need to bother with Khundzia preferably, if only it was possible.
Why I can demand Khundzia in a peace deal when it's not adjacent to any of my own provinces but can't do the same with Shirvan ?

Likely because inland sea and lakes are considered like adjacent sea zone or something.

General biggest blob i have a screenshot off
disguisting, i know

Did you buy EU4 ?

of*

>will come with all the features from CK2 + DLCs
Of course not.

Only the base game for easy access to the mods. That version with all the DLC is pirated

Is AFPGuy around?
Id need some flags for the Roman Empire and Andalusia/Granada

How did you pirate it ?

Nice try Johan
My friend bought all the DLCs, i copied his files and i cracked the game myself

Just got here, sorry I've been dead the last week. What do you need exactly?

read the OP

Is HPM guy around?

I just wanted a solution to my problem,though :^(

Why the fuck ck2 slows down the more holdings you have? How can they slowdown game?
Unlimited demesne practically useless. Conquered india and and game is 4x slower.
Conquered world as nomads and settled - game 0.5 fps without doing anything and giving one county takes more than 5 minutes.
Holdings arent characters. how the fuck they break the game so much?

Roman Empire flags
Fascist, Communist, Republic and Monarchist
Same for Andalusia, with that that i already have these two
Also i saw in your pastebin that you want to add the Black Army Flag as an alt to Ukraine, you already made one idk if i upladed it to the mega archive

Is HPM guy around?

Do I understand it correctly, you need an existing owned land core province to core any inland sea province ? So I wouldn't be able to core Gilan if I own Shirvan and Ardabil is owned by my vassal ?

Also, a pommegranade version if i may ask
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/La_Granada_de_Rio-Tinto_Spain.svg/600px-La_Granada_de_Rio-Tinto_Spain.svg.png

I read the Op, I downloaded the links on cs.rin, I extractes the files.
Now I search what to do with my files

>Roman Empire flags.Fascist, Communist, Republic and Monarchist
Hmmm, quite ambitious, but I'll try to do my best.

>Same for Andalusia, with that that i already have these two
Bear in mind that those are for Andalusian Mexico IIRC, though.

>Also i saw in your pastebin that you want to add the Black Army Flag as an alt to Ukraine, you already made one idk if i upladed it to the mega archive
Yeah I still got it lying around, but I think I'll make it again from scratch to make sure I make it in the best possible way. The text is always the hardest thing to get right.

Sure.

Megaupload

OP*
Extracted*

meme engine

Also probably something like it performs some checks on player provinces that it doesn't on AI stuff or does those checks more often. Vision might also have a thing with it as EU at least is significantly slower if you ally say Ming or France and can suddenly see a whole bunch more provinces

Who is a cool character or region to start CKII as?

Is reaper due an paid game booster? I heard it makes your characters die more often

Ok, I'm done with my meme. Who should i play as? The Roman Republic, the Roman Kingdom, the Greek Empire or the Latin Empire?

I have some ideas for the Roman Empire tho
Caesars rome was crudely said fascism, so using the symbols of the roman Consul could be ok
Or even an golden outlined face of Caesar on a dark red/purple background
Or the symbols that were used on scutums
medievalcostumesandgifts.com/images/product-images/09_07_07_025.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ce/e1/cd/cee1cdcf33175ff4f249010042618379.jpg

etc.usf.edu/clipart/73000/73097/73097_caesar_coin_lg.gif

Which r/paradoxplaza subreddits are /gsg/ approved, laddies?

Also the serb town of Niš could be an inspiration if anything
Simple two headed eagle, laurel or olives?

>Or even an golden outlined face of Caesar on a dark red/purple background
How tacky.
>Or the symbols that were used on scutums
That's better.

I plan to use a fasces though, since Mussolini (and everyone who has ever used that symbol) took the fasces from Roman symbolism so there's actually no better time to use a fasces as for a Roman fascist flag.

Hmm, maybe, I'll see about it. Any suggestions for commie one? That's the hardest to come up with. Also, are you ok with those Mexican Andalusian flags or would you want me to at least change the [Mexican] colours of the republican one?

If you could recolour them that would be nice
No need to remove the star either, i can use it as a commie flag

thanks lad
Take some slovenian memes
youtube.com/watch?v=IwLSrNu1ppI

>No need to remove the star either, i can use it as a commie flag
That was originally a Republican flag actually, but that's fine. So just so I have it correctly in my mind, for Andalusia you'd need Republican and Fascist flags?

Yes

Please answer, lads, I need some quality content to read.

Newbie here.

I was wondering, is there a specific design reason they chose to make these games play out in real-time?

I can't see any benefit over turn-based. I'm literally sitting watching the screen for dozens of minutes at a go, perpetually adjusting sliders. There aren't enough random events, nor could there ever be, to justify things playing out in real-time rather than condensing every major aspect of the gameplay into annual or bi-annual turns.

>quality content
How about a nuke.

>tfw you blobbed hard and ruined the campaign for yourself again

TACKY
A
C
K
Y

pls respond

>Of all the founders
>Judaism

Does anyone know when Hearts of Iron IV will be playable? It's currently one of the worst games I've played in my life, im just playing HoI3 with mods while waiting.

This is the paradox fan base.

>Not using Romulus and Remus as the republican flag

Brazilians

Reported and ignored.

Probably never sadly.
You can patchwork ai but never truly fix it.

Also India/Pakistan starting a war right now, India wrecked 4 Pakistani border posts.

Something like this?

>Hearts of Iron IV
buy pls

bought ur welcome

That's actually good, does any of you have a good, clear image of Romulus and Remus I could use?

Any new sources?

thequint.com/india/2016/10/29/pakistan-post-casualties-inflicted-keran-jammu-and-kashmir-india-jawan-killed-uri-machil-loc-attack-ceasefire-violation

I think HoI IV was intended for people that didn't like HoI III

I'll just state that Peter "the sleepy" II was so bad, but so bad, that the population would rather have a bunch of cannon fodder in power than him. And his father was a raging alcoholic troublemaker - not content creating some stupid blob, he went full 'GONNA RUIN PORTUGAL TOO' and threw the country into civil war.

HoI IV was intended for people that liked Stellaris

Nobody gives a shit you fucking monkey

>ids habbenin
Border guards fire on each other every month in Kashmir. It's literally nothing.

Nobody cares mate, you country could disappear from existence and nobody in the world would notice.

>"people" that "liked" Stellaris

B-but its 20-60 people dead.
They really dont care that much?

They literally have millions more soldiers.

Its a fan flag of AS Roma
Ill try to find that print

lmgtfy.com/?q=romulus and remus.png

Oh shit, meant to reply to

You really should get into european football lad
Most of the flags that i made for MCGs HRE mod are based on football teams

asromaultras.org/Adesivospqrgiallooro.jpeg

>Nobody cares mate, you country could disappear from existence and nobody in the world would notice.
True (it applies even to its inhabitants), but people here on /gsg/ usually like history and trivia from irrelevant countries.

European football is 90% non-European players now.

lol why are people posting pictures of babies sucking a dog's dick wtf?

WE WUZ
Both national and league
sad 2bh