>in the process of shifting from 4th to 3rd
>suv pulls out in front of me from a side street
>freak out, jerk wheel to the left, and accidentally shift into 1st
>foot falls off clutch and engine screams to 7K+
>lolmoneyshift.jpg
>wheels break traction
>clutch in and come to a screeching halt
>check engine light

This all happened in a 2008 Ford Focus. The car still runs but makes soft clicking noises at idle. At 2K the clicks are louder and faster coming from the engine. The engine also stalled while clutched in when turning into advanced auto parts to read the code and once more when stopping at a red light, also clutched in. How bad is it? Lifter tick? Rod knock? Bent valves? Spun bearing? I have someone coming to look at it next week and I don't want to drive it until then.

>his engine can't rev to 7k without committing Scooby-Doo
LOL

still better than gm
>can't do 6 miles without committing sudoku

True. I'd like to say that piece of shit deserves a 13B swap, but it's still ugly and has garbage weight distribution and handling lol

How is this possible? There should be a synchro to prevent you from going into first at rpm. I've never money shifted ever. Git gud faggots.

>comparing a Ford shitbox to a 90's Jap rotary sports car

w e w

I know there is nothing preventing it from entering first at redline. I've tried without clutching out at 35 before.

Why do I doubt you where shifting gears. $50 you were being a boi racer resting your hand on the shiftier.

literally who doesnt just put it in neutral and get both hands on the wheel in this situation

you can shift back in to gear later if you need to move

>Not heel-toe downshifting

The Duratec bottom end can handle 7500rpm, the soft valvesprings can't.

1st gear goes to about 30-35, 45

Do a compression test. Maybe your valves and pistons decided to bang. But honestly if it was just 7k, there's a good chance everything is all good, although your luck can be shit and your engines fucked. Try clearing the codes and see if any new codes come up, especially for misfire or similar.

Don't bullshit the mtx75 has a synchro mesh on first and can't shift into it over 3k or 25mph but in the magical Fucking off chance you magically 7kd a motor that rev limits at 6.5k and then can handle 8k+ without damage you most Lily fucked the throw out, if it isn't a beating and a bent valve you would have shit performance 2k+ if it is anything valve terrain you would notice it in basic driving. So your bullshit aside I would put my money on a spun throw out bearing.

How does this even damage the car that badly? I got the wrong gear all the time when i was learning for about a week (I'm severely dyslexic). You'd think a new-ish car would have some mechanism to prevent damage

On neo cares what ouy thnik fucker

I most definitely can shift into first above 25 but I don't do it often.

I'm afraid to drive the damn thing is all. Is sounds so bad even at 2K

the manual is fucked on those.

you need to take it out and rebuild it. not sure if there is a kit or updated parts tho

swap it with an automatic

disregard this.
i just read your post.
your engine is fucked bro.

read the diagnostic code
the ticking can actually be from something else like a crank position sensor or something.
look up how to check engine noise with a stethoscope on youtube. worst case scenario you have valve damage and need a new engine. but the manual transmissions on those things are shit, so you really should have it rebuilt and not replaced unless you can find one of those rare ass shits.

replace engine along with a new manual transmission you know is good. dd these both together
send me your engine core bro

>mtx-75
>fucked from spinning over the stock redine

Lol, no. People with cams routinely run them over 7k RPM.

You're an idiot, the MTX-75 in these are fine. The one in the ZX2 have weak diff pins and aren't good for rally cross because the pins break when spinning and transitioning surfaces.

Mine currently has almost 160k and has never been opened up.

yeah im skeptic to the engine being damaged, but a ticking noise is a ticking noise. and this person is running a stock cam so there could be damage from going over.
also people dont really mod focuses, you have been reading too many special snowflake posts on random forums to really believe people mod these engines.
and you forgot to mention the manual transmissions on these being shit.
though they are most likely easy to rebuild because ford transmissions are brilliant and simple to work on, and the fault is almost certainly caused by a minor component

>yeah im skeptic to the engine being damaged, but a ticking noise is a ticking noise.
Well, you're an idiot. Like I said in my first post ITT OP more than likely lunched a valvespring by overrevving, the bottom end can easily support revving past the stock redline, this is essentially a Mazda MZR sans VVT.

>also people dont really mod focuses,
That's why there's forums dedicated to modding them, Cosworth makes a whole catalog of parts for them as well as other specialty companies and they're used in Lotus 7 replicas. Please keep talking out of your ass, your lack of knowledge is hilarious.

>and you forgot to mention the manual transmissions on these being shit.
I was explaining to you that they aren't shit, but you're too retarded to read.

>Ford transmissions are brilliant
:^)

The MTX-75 is stronger than the transmission in the Focus cousin, the 3.

What kind of shitty transmission would go from fourth to first just from a quick jerk to the left? I can guarentee the gears wouldn't float into first, fuck outta here