/pg/ - Persona General

Previous Thread: NEWS
>P5 Translations: p5anon.imgur.com/
>Trophies imgur.com/a/AwlYV
>Full Soundtrack mega.nz/#!SkhyDCDb!qlwAxLlyc1dNkBek3cJtT12Hf_oBXOaIm71Y9Vompy0I
>Locations/Dungeons/Misc imgur.com/a/FEkpW
>Voice files: mega.nz/#!qcsmTQBR!eDpNzWytu6JQ1BYBoO79dhboXzdbZgz3T95jKlXX5U4
>Portraits mega.nz/#!R0EzxIyb!WRA_4wI_4nOuZzrjbTeW8mo9LdfFn5Cx4y0HzYS8MG4
>Other Images mega.nz/#!VlF1VAyA!KSzFsKg2r3Q_Drv6fSjP5kl-SuRUI_bAHzs8z_IjzWU
>The Soundtrack can be found at domi-persona.tumblr.com/post/150303511502/p5-ost-unzip-pw-sharebymamoru-updated
>P5A: the Day Breakers is out and subbed on Nyaa
>P3: Winter of Rebirth BD rips are out on Nyaa
>Persona 5 released in Japan; February 14th in North America and Europe + PAL regions
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016
>P5's English Cast personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>P5: The Aesthetics Artbook
mega.nz/#!BBR2BYoQ!zRI40J_hA7QzqnuUX_zcHbd7Uf36Me5sngLBFzwPEQY

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aR803M2W7RY
imgur.com/a/Q49sr
privatter.net/p/1918616
youtube.com/watch?v=aQWafroLZd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As I said, Goro is shit
Naw, just kidding.... after all this talk of him having a long-term plan, he could've at least put some effort into trying to even THINK about the rules of the palace

Fucking hell.... thieves stealing hearts and reforming people? I don't even care about that, let me just keep killing people

Yeah honestly I expect a lot of shit in this game to fly over westerner's heads.

Probably the only good Black Crow fanart.

goro needs black skin and an afro to complete the "criminal who tumblr sluts defend for no reason" look

Now you're just trolling. Either that or falseflagging.

>Somehow get involved in the investigations of the Palace and try to find out how it properly works.

People were doing that. Even after at least two and a half years, nobody but the PT found out how to reform people, and they only knew thanks to Morgana. This really isn't as easy as you're making it out to be.

>>Just for comparison, Futaba had it worse and I didn't notice any bloodlust, not before, not after she got her powers

Futaba's life didn't get that bad until Wakaba's death. Different people also deal with shitty circumstances differently, and Futaba had a precedent for social anxiety while Goro takes after his father in terms of his temper and how he deals with others (by putting on a mask).

Have you actually looked into how Japan deals with adoptive- and bastard children? Because if you haven't, you really should, since it sounds like you're missing cultural context for Goro's situation. The article linked is a good start.

desu there's a lot of poor boy ;_; Goro too, pretty much everyone in the game has been fucked over by the rigid standards of society for no reason. He's not the exception but /pg/'s got a boner for him. His problem was that he was terribly misguided and then off the deep end.

He's a pretty extreme example of getting fucked over by the rigid standards of society.

You seriously think he didn't?

There's already a lot of western players missing things, whether it's as small as mistaking the okama bar for a gay bar or as big as why Anne would be ostracized for looking foreign or why the Goro's "unwanted bastard child" circumstances are such a problem for him.

That artist's style works really well for him.

I think we'll probably see more art of that outfit once there's official art for it that people can use as a reference instead of in-game screenshots.

When you think about it, Goro only exists to make the other bastard child societal reject look better by comparison.

really made me think

youtube.com/watch?v=aR803M2W7RY

The rest of the PT weren't unwanted bastard children, do you know what a bastard child is?

I think the whole "He could've done good instead" was one of the point of Goro's character? I mean, yes he could, but he turned out that way because he lacks the guidance, not just from morgana, mind you, but also from society as a whole.

In my opinion, the whole reason why he thought "I want revenge" instead of "I want to do good" with his powers isn't much affected by whether he had a morgana to guide him to use his power or not as much as how he had absolutely no one who could guide him the whole 14-15 years old before, and how he was treated before he got his powers might also factor in.

tl;dr, doesn't matter whether the kid gets a morgana or not, he was already fucked up before that and probably thought of revenge first instead of doing good because of that

>Just for comparison, Futaba had it worse

Nigga her life wasn't bad at all until her mother died when she was 14.

There is no comparison to someone who at a young age while mom was alive, was treated like shit because he was a bastard then he was placed in the ultra crappy Japanese foster home system from then on. Come on dude.

Goro only exists to suffer and die. And he achieved both. Thank god.

>Yaldabaoths HATE him!
>Find out how this guy won the game and fucked your waifu!
>The results WILL shock you.

Agreed.

You have completed half of your purpose, user.

i'd say its one of the points that the whole game tries to make, considering how it revolves around the structures and individuals that are supposed to protect children failing them and how they (the children) cope with it

Yeah just a bit. Sorry

At least you apologized. Now gimme a hug, user-kun.

Back off he's mine???

kyss you

Awww, he's so flustered he misspelled "kiss". Isn't that sweet?

C A N O N
A
N
O
N

>tl'dr doesn't matter whether the kid gets morgana or not, he was already fucked up before that and probably thought of revenge first instead of doing good because of that
Reminds me how some user a few threads back pondered on how Goro would've turned out if he didn't have his powers. Most of them agreed that Goro will end up at least trying to kill himself eventually
Honestly that discussion made me pretty sad.

ARE THEY GREEN OR BLUE
MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS, ARTISTS
sorry but it makes me upset

they're cyan

Train for that six pack, Takashi-kun.

He'd either kill himself or wind up selling drugs and/or getting hustled if he didn't follow through with the suicide.

So why didn't Rivers In The Desert play during the Goro fight, /pg/?

I think he probably would've too. Even in-game, it sounds like he didn't really consider his future past his revenge on Shidou, and didn't really know what to do until he got his powers.

On top of that, Japan has really high suicide rates, and the two lead causes among children are bullying and stress from school, both of which definitely apply to him (bullying can be safely assumed from his status as an unwanted bastard child and some of his comments, and he's stressed about school in a few scenes in-game as is).

because he didn't deserve a ballin boss theme

Remind me, who got the ballin theme again?

He wasn't important enough.

armstrong and the velvet twins

Good question. The lyrics really don't fit Shidou's boss fight, and they fit even the grail fight even less.

Will Power/Friend Awakening Battle is an interesting choice for his second boss fight, though, even if I would've preferred Rivers In The Desert.

That's my point. I mean as far as I know, some lyrics in Rivers go "don't ask why I'm ready, but I'm ready, to take them down now"
I mean that sounds like Goro to me

It's this part that sticks out the most to me:

>I'm giving the balance, better find them, on the razor's edge now
>Real quick, or my life is over
>One strike disobeying them, I'm out of his real dark vision
>Don't ask why I'm ready, but I'm ready to strike them down now
>And just at a new start, there's no time for indecision

That's Goro's situation by the end of the game to a T. Stuck followed Shidou's orders unless he wants to be killed, but also literally weeks (or even days, if you finish the duneon late) away from reaching the goal he'd been aiming for the past two and a half years.

The disobeying line makes no sense for Shidou and the grail, too.

>Goroposting

can we go back to being dead

Holy Grail too

At least it's not Gorofags shitting up the thread but an actual discussion

>Reminds me how some user a few threads back pondered on how Goro would've turned out if he didn't have his powers. Most of them agreed that Goro will end up at least trying to kill himself eventually

Honestly, at this point it's probably better to just leave than to share space with Gorofags.

Anyone have a pic of the cast in their Mice form?

From the game or fanart?

Thanks!

From the game. Thanks!

why is futaba there

Why aren't you

>You seriously think he didn't?

Not him, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Goro didn't. He didn't really seem to have any love for his fellow man of society thanks to his upbringing.

Sae and the thieves seem to be the only people he really gives a shit about continuing to exist.

Done.

What the fuck, Clara.

Now that I've seen Makoto more I can see why people liked her ass. However, there's really nothing to offer except that unless you're into being dommed, so it's pretty lackluster overall.

oh my

It sounds like it was meant for a Goro battle that would end with him teaming up with the thieves to take down Shido, but when that didn't happen (he instead dies and leaves the story) they didn't use it.

It fits none of the battles it's used in really, except for the Twins, and even then they don't know Igor is using them wrong until later.

Absolute madwoman

attitude and bearing is more important to domming than body, and she really doesn't have it

t. degenerate

>It fits none of the battles it's used in really, except for the Twins
Holy shit, found some footage of that, fits pretty well, damn

updated neco

imgur.com/a/Q49sr

;_;

Doujin of Futaba putting mouse Joker inside her when

privatter.net/p/1918616
mementos dialogue

youtube.com/watch?v=aQWafroLZd4

kek

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is best girl!

neko ;_;

stop

>Morganacar number: 築地343 も 222 - Tsukiji 343 Mo 222 (Tsukiji Fish Market - Sa(3)shi(4)mi(3) Mo(rgana) nyan nyan nyan
Cute!

What Arcana/Tarot Card are you represented by if you were heavily abused and neglected in childhood, culminating in you being a sociopath as an adult that always feels empty, only views the world in black, doesn't value his own life all too much (always ready for death), and is probably because of all this, a huge sloth?

tower
always tower
everyone is tower

justice

Tower or Devil

Justice. Dishonesty, disregards of rules and law and put the blame on others.

reversed justice fits well, assuming we're talking about Goro's situation.

the upright arcana's meaning doesn't really cover for his situation, the closest would be either Moon or Hanged Man

I realize I just described Goro, but that's more or less my life, although I've never hurt anyone. Was just curious.

do you have a wicked sense of humor too?

You should go out and make some friends user. Then maybe you can get to kill a god with your newfound nakamas

can you eat a spicy takoyaki whole?

The thing about characters like Adachi and (presumably) Goro from what I know of him without being majorly spoiled, is when their true colors are seen, they're pretty colorful as personality goes even if it's completely wrong/evil and psychopathic.

I personally have nothing to my real persona. I find it hard to feel any real emotion after where my life has led up to, and have a really weak will/initiative, submitting completely to the authority of the few adult relatives that have a leash on my life even as a 21-year-old.

In Persona related discussion, I find it fun to be a little descriptive on real personalities and lives to find what Arcana really represents you. So there it is.

Goro is nothing like Adachi

You're nothing like your father.

yeah goro was a good boy he dindu nuffin

I hate that meme too. The only thing they have in common is the detective and murder thing.

Stop being a memer, you.

Calm down, he didn't say that.

Make me.