What is the easiest muscle car to work on?

What is the easiest muscle car to work on?

What is the easiest/cheapest muscle car to maintain?

What is the hardest muscle car to work on?

What is the hardest muscle car to maintain?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/1974-AMC-Javelin-AMX-/182263780393?hash=item2a6fc49429:g:pWkAAOSwnQhXnbG4&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Protip: you're never gonna get a muscle car

I already own a muscle car. They are not expensive.

Fuck off Timmy. Stop jacking off to gay ass cars

Muscle cars are the ugliest pieces of shit to ever hit the streets

I am not whoever you think I am.

If you do not like them, you can easily hide the thread.

Easiest and cheapest are probably those powered by Chevy hurr blocks because availability, hardest I'd guess are AMCs because #rare.

any RWD classic is going to be easy to work on due to the north-south configuration of the engine, which i find makes working on incredibly easy compared to east-west motors

Buying an I6 in an old landbarge that had a v8 option means there is also a metric shit tonne of space to work on the engine. For parrts availability, anything mainstream should be easy to source (chevrolet, ford and chrysler/dodge)

Cheapest... Anything chevy. Parts are cheap and everywhere STILL.

Most expensive and hardest to work on(obvious AMC answer aside) would be any Oldsmobile muscle car.

>Stop jacking off to gay ass cars
pic related its you

>What is the easiest muscle car to work on?
all of them had the same drivetrain as other cars in their parent company. Frames were pretty much all unibody.

>What is the easiest/cheapest muscle car to maintain?
Those drivetrains are considered indestructible.

but
this.

Ford and Chevy are the cheapest because they have the most parts available and almost all of it is being reproduced, you can practically build your own camaro out of reproduction parts. Hardest would be Mopar or AMC since most of your stuff still has to be found from parted out cars.

Doesn't Mopar still exist?

Yes. They make a crate 572 hemi

Yes but there were a lot less sold compared to Ford and GM. And reproduction parts have just started becoming a thing for them. Powertrain wise they're just as easy as the rest of Big 3.

OP, suggest you take a look at them, they seem to be rather cheap tho the cars at this site in particular have a rust problem (I was originally looking at a 190E they have in the rare manual variant)
Pic related.
Muscle seems to be rather fucking cheap from what I can see.

dustyoldcars.com

Expensive as all fuck

Outside of your normie muscles these cars can be cheap.

they're all old midsize sedans or coupes, they are easy as pie to wrench on.

cheapest to work on will be any popular gm product with a sbc. i.e.
> You can order a complete 1969 camaro through catalogs

Hardest to work on would be the boss 428 mustang as they had to reshape the shock towers to fit the engine, the yenko 454 vegas and maybe the randall 401 xr gremlin because they had big blocks shoehorned into compacts.

im not into the gremlin meme

but the levis edition gremlin is fucking amazing though

Gremlins are gay af i don't care what these homos say.
AMC made some dank, but unobtanium cars though, using parts from all Big Three.

that was the point mate. Had my interests not been in JDMtyte meme I would've immediately got an old af muscle car, I was just showing the price, because ya'll said AMC was cheap yet it's not really out of the realm of most people interested in them like say, a clean WRX.

I think gremlins are the sex, but was just using this one as an example. there's loads of cheap muscle examples sitting on this site.

>easiest muscle car to work on
Anything with a small block chevy

>easiest/cheapest to maintain
Anything with a small block chevy

>hardest muscle car to work on
Anything with computer controls, and even then it's not that hard

>was cheap
wasn't, blegh.
>inb4
>automatic
>not right engine
parts are dirt cheap

>because ya'll said AMC was cheap
Aside from Gremlins, AMC is not cheap.
but if you have 4 grand to blow, get this right the fuck now because i've never seen an AMX for under $10k.
ebay.com/itm/1974-AMC-Javelin-AMX-/182263780393?hash=item2a6fc49429:g:pWkAAOSwnQhXnbG4&vxp=mtr

>4 doors

>Anything with computer controls, and even then it's not that hard
late 70's early 80s computerized carbs will give you a brain tumor. Your average 4 barrel is a pain in the cunt on a nice day.

yeah, I meant wasn't.
sorry bout that

you don't like doors?
here ya go

The real AMX was only for a year or two. It had 2 seats and a really short wheelbase. After that it became a trim level. That's just a Javelin.

Oh you're right, i didn't even see it. That pricetag had my 100%.

Why Oldsmobiles? Share many parts with other GMs and Fusick is a great NOS parts supplier for them.

I'm interested in this, too. Even drivetrain wise it shouldn't be hard to find parts, Olds used pretty much the same engine for forty years or whatever, didn't they? No generational nonsense like other engines, just different displacements.

i go on that site from time to time.

as an fyi, they had that nova for at least a year now, and only dropped the price a few hundred dollars.