blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Fuck off shill

The OP of the other is against the rules, might get deleted

The other thread was made by a faggot advertising his game. Report it and move here.

Started on a shoot-em-thangs game after playing a Neo Geo shooter called Viewpoint. It's too hard for me, but the music and visuals are pretty dope.

I'll call this thing Exometric for now. I already thought of a gimmick, but I'll have to see if it works out.

It's like a shmup?

Looks funky.
Does that game do something interesting with the perspective? Do things fly upwards or anything.

that was a little hars don't you think?

Is it controlled by up+down or left+right?

Just the looks are isometric, actually flying up and down to dodge or hit is annoying as hell I think. There was another old arcade game that did that.

the absolute state of janny

OP was advertising his game

Janny did good

oh i didn't even notice

Why are people such cunts?

Pressing up goes in the camera up direction, right is camera-right, if that is what you mean.

Kind of, it was a bit of a stupid question that assumed movement was only in one dimension.

Ok, well since the other thread got deleted:

I'm working on an oldschool-style pure text adventure.

Basically what I have so far is this:
You are locked in a medieval-style church complex, starting in the narthex. There is a courtyard in the center, which leads to an altar, chapel, and hallway going further into the building. Behind the altar is a false wall, which conceals the holy-of-holies, within which is a golden Idol as well as a stairway leading to a natural hot-spring. The idol is what kicks off the central mystery of the game.
It's more of an atmospheric deal than anything else, focused on exploration and learning about the history of this spooky abandoned church. Lots of my inspiration comes from old Babylonian and Sumerian religious ceremonies.

The commands I have implemented right now are take, drop, use (x) on (y), look/look at, read, and go (for movement), but I'm working on full sensory information as well (taste, smell, touch, etc.)

Do you think this kind of thing would be recieved well? I'm trying to make a text adventure that side-steps the usual level frustration associated with the genre, but I'm not sure if anyone would even want to look at a barebones text-only experience in 2016.

please change the POV before you do anything else with your game

The Wonderful 101 had a shoot em up section with an isometric viewpoint too and it was GODAWFUL.

Like I was saying in the other thread, it has to be a really good interactive story that is on the same level as novels while also being incredibly interactive. Have to be able to do ANYTHING I want.

The start of a new adventure.

How hard is making good hack and slash combat in Gamemaker? I'm still a babby and if it's not worth it I don't want to go down that road.

Well it's been decided. Thanks to the people last thread, I have decided to reduce my open world game in scope to a single town with wilderness abound.

Thanks.

Game development looks overwhelming!

Disagree, that POV is refreshing and new

boat jam 2 when?

Nice, reducing scope is a good thing I believe.

read the aztez devblog first before your pleb ass gets to work on anything beat em up related. very informative stuff

emacs splits, tmux and tiling window managers are a godsend.

Thank you onii-chan

Hey guys. Check out my game, Spook 2: The Lords of Spook on the Halloween game jam page. Lemme know what you think!

So how many verbs do you think I should have handling for? To what extent can I trust the player to give the interpreter the benefit of the doubt?

ie should I bother implementing obscure things like "climb," "throw," or "kick?" because that's a lot of work and I don't wanna ; _;

>tfw no sailing game

AGDG had 20 seafarers and they're all dead

Pretty good, camera controls are bad, but fuck the spookinatti.

how is a 3d game going to help in anyway with his 2d game maker game?

Does posting art count as progress or should I wait a few years when it's presentable

aztez is played in a 2D plane and his tips on beat em up animations and player mindset are invaluable for any game designer

How do you guys come up with ideas for visuals? I know what kind of object I need to make but wha t should it look like?

It counts

agdg has had 20 projects about everything that are all dead

look at art and paintings

or just go pixelshit for 2D/cel shading and low poly for 3D like everyone else

Zaxxon

how long would it take to make this as a 1MA?

>tfw used to sail dinghies on the international circuit and have a great deal of high performance yacht racing as well
>tfw have gamedev experience
>tfw no interest in making a sailing game

years,

make a polished section of the game
then go all in if your ducks are lined up, and bring others on

otherwise you may need to drop

>Chatrooms are cancer
>Water actually wet
What else can we expect at 11'?

DELET THIS
E
L
E
T

>refreshing and new

>implying people want a realistic sailing game

Compared to the amount of zombie survival games in 'existence', WWII shooters are refreshing and new.

Nobody could answer how long, but you could do it if you're good at modelling. Half the work would be just modelling the environments. The gameplay is essentially 2D.

For moving on stairs, should I just move diagonally and make sure all my steps are square, or make it more complicated to account for wider or taller steps?

Has there been a single promising game from AGDG this past year?

Farming Simulator and Euro Trucker sales show that there is definitely a market for "zen"-games.

Yours

gogem's dead detective game sounded cool

infinite evidence

Yeah mine

Whateverthefuck bartender game, maybe?

everytime I visit agdg I ctrl + F my "game name". if i get 0 results i leave.

I'm trying the same sort of concept to make my levels in a 2D game.

I got all the assets, but even with them it's taking fucking forever.

what is taking so long?

Looking moderately dope if I do say so myself. Still need to make the guns though.

>Google for advice in Godot
>Even combining it with engine and so forth still includes some obscure article about a farming community putting on a caricature of Beckett's work.

To 1MA yesdevs who've finished a game here, how long did it take you?

6 years

And we will continue to never know what it is.

Exactly, I don't think Euro truck is such an accurate reflection of trucker life that it requires a real trucker to develop the game.

People want to sail about doing the vague actions they are aware are involved in sailing a boat, checking the wind, hoisting stuff, not [insert actual parts of sailing which I don't know about because I don't sail, and neither do they]

wat gaem?

you'll be waiting for tutorials for forever

current year + 5

I actually would be interested in a sailing game but I'm more interested in other ideas right now.

People seem to like realistic car games.

>implying it would be "zen"

Are there no good Monogame tutorials? All I could find were either incomplete/abandoned or very outdated.

AGDG is dead

I'd look to Train Simulator. I haven't played it but running a train is more complicated than running a truck or a tractor, and I know some of the players would point out any little inconsistency between the models and their real-life inspiration.

>can't stop chicken scratch
>can't stop symbol drawing
>need more loomis
>need more everything
>can't use tablet for shit
But at least I drew today

I'm not really looking at tutorials, the demos and documentation are - most of the time - sufficient. It just annoys me that when looking for a bug and workaround or some semi-obscure practice, you find one and only one entry on godotengine.fart, the rest is "Was Samuel Beckett sucking his mummies tits at 37?".

soo is unity free or what?

Its too bad he's so shit at making games that look like games instead of UI (other than RRPS)

Instead of making a level directly usable, you actually build the level, and then still need to make it compatible in your RE type of game. It all depends on however you want to treat the light effects and shit.

I'm only speaking on the typical way of making RE type of backgrounds. Making a RE clone directly in a 3D motor and not exporting it for "2D" will be faster.

nothing to be done

"yes"™

I guess most players would want to bring a girl or two, you know, because of the implication...

Yes, but you need to have a splash in your game and send them your fiscal earnings and they'll come to check for themselves.

someone tell me what to put in my game next so i have an obligation to a random stranger on the internet rather than having only personal goals which i never meet

Affirmative*

A dragoness you can romance

disgusting

You looking at a mirror, m8?

no im looking at your post

well what's in it already?

yeah but the game will run and look like shit, but hey it's free right?

Did you see yourself in it?

pretty much only that you can see

no i just thought the idea of romancing a dragoness is disgusting

Does that idea remind you of yourself on any level?

it's free up until you make 100k in profits, in which case you'll have to use unity Plus, which is a subscription based payment of $35 a month or $420 a year.

after 200k profits, you have to use unity pro, which is $125 a month or $1500 a year. there is no revenue cap for this.

reminder, this is per seat, meaning each individual computer that uses unity is $125. so if you have two computers with unity, then its $250 a month for pro.

no, don't try to pirate/cheat. they will audit your shit and fuck you over.

Give me halloween jam ideas lol

not really i dont have much in common with romance let alone dragoness

Combine ingredients to create a procedurally generated potion
Literally billions of combinations!

Your subconscious knows better than you do.