Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

Staredown Edition

>What's new?

Hallow's End, and a new skin showcase:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20326736/hallows-end-is-here

youtube.com/watch?v=r7SyfZ2SDxU

>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20324866/balance-update-october-10-25-2016

>Where do I find you Li Ming-feeding faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Links nobody visits anyway
Official Site: us.battle.net/heroes/en
General News: heroesnexus.com
Tips & Tricks: heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
Hero Rankings and Statistics: hotslogs.com/Default
Talent Calculator: heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

Previously on /hotsg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=5427694
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for rip prime Falstad

do her feet taste good?

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

>tfw no beachparty skin for Rexxar

Summer did not give us enough beach party skins

Lunara is:

Good
Cute
Useful
Fun
Viable

SLIPPERY

Lunara is 7k gold which I'll never get back

did it give us ANY beach party skins?

WET

DOG

STYLE

Friendly reminder that the only constant is YOU AND ONLY YOU.

If you ended up being bronze, silver, or gold, it was YOUR fault. Is not that everyone is stupid user, it is YOU.

So yeah, DEAL WITH IT and GIT GUD.

>Alyson Tabbitha
That's a guy

How is this even a meme? Grandmaster players hit grandmaster every single season. Of course it's the silver shitter's fault he's silver. There's literally no excuse.

but have you considered that most videogame players are retarded autistic manchildren who are either too dumb to see their own mistakes or too arrogant to acknowledge them

I wish user, the dick only makes it better in every single sense and way.

You wouldn't believe. We have our resident manchildren that will post meme after reaction image (anime girls) screaming and crying about how this game is shit because he ended up being bronze (later he changed this version to "gold") and that EVERYONE that ever got something from platinum onwards was "making lots of smurf accounts". Is even sadder than it seems. I should screencap his reactions next time he spergs live.

Should have used some kind of BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY for all the NA "pro" scene. Fucking Taiwan beat the supossed n°1 champion of this sad region. Fucking Hueland almost beat the "n°2".

What a cheap whore.

Taiwan plays on KR servers and scrims with KR teams. It's not an excuse for astral fucking up as they did, but PBA is a far cry from hues.

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

The Taiwan team beat the Chinese team too, NA is bad but PBA is pretty good.

>NA being able to compete in anything other than hearthstone

BEGONE, PAGE 10

Making out with Illidan.

>x and y character are the most hated for eachother
>that must mean they also love eachother
I love this meme.

Forgive me.

Why can't you redo talents like a few seconds after you take it? Seems like there should be a little bit of misclick prevention, you can sell items back a few seconds later if you take the wrong one in other mobas.

dat butt

there should also be a way to preset what talents you are taking, forcing us to click when the choice is already obvious and predecided is pointless.

so how are they going to nerf Samuro into oblivion?

He is already nerfed user

-100hp :)

Thanks thread header. I'm pretty sick of this game at the moment, but Valla with freckles is super cute so I really need to grind out games for that portrait.

He's in a healthy spot right now. It doesn't sound like much, but moving at 150% speed instead of 155% does give tracer the opportunity to catch up to him if she triple blinks and has her ultimate ready.

No more patches until after blizzcon, they think he's fine as is.

He is 62% on current build. Still too good. I bet that more nerfs are coming

to be fair this statistic is a wee bit credulous seeing there are only 7k games played seeing he's banned nearly every single game.

Speaking of HONORABU SAMURAI, when is he dropping to 10k? This Tuesday/Wednesday?

Should be tuesday

Mostly as a joke, I couldn't even get any real information because the site has a weird anti-adblocker thing going on. But I think more than his win-rate it's pretty crazy that he has more games banned than the second most popular character has games period.

Quick match, which I play almost exclusively, isn't nearly as bad as it was during the first week. Probably because people are actually killing his ultralisks instead of letting them chew up our squishy dudes.

Just for the hell of it, since Samuro introduced undetectable as a mechanic to the game should more characters have it? Maybe Dehaka could actually use his stealth burrow to escape/reposition instead of having it to sneak attack out of the bushes. Should Nova's decoy give her an undetectable charge so she can fire off a shot alongside her decoy without revealing herself? Maybe people could play some gimmicky snipemaster/anti-armor games instead of picking one in the chamber 100% of the time.

>please rate the cooperation of your teammates

are you trolling me blizz?

>please rate your match
>1-2 star if lose
>4-5 stars if win
good system blizzard
Also, voting for teamates when it does literally fucking nothing. Especially since that one guy with one vote will ALWAYS be assumed to be him voting for himself, you should at least be able to see who votes for whom.

>158726782
Here's my hotdogs, I guess. I haven't uploaded in a while, but here. I'm utter trash, I know, but there ya go. I just think 4 wins out of 22 games is absurd. I can't be bad enough that matchmaking can't handle it.

hotslogs.com/Player/Profile?PlayerID=5427694

You can enjoy close/seesaw matches even if you lost, I GUESS. Unfortunately those are rare, so the only thing they get from this telemetry is "people like winning".

It never asks me to vote on the aspect that actually bothered me.

Nobody works together?
>How was your connection?

Connection is garbage.
>How would you rate the map?

Likewise, "Rate your experience playing this character" is always 1 star. Why would you ever tell Blizzard that your favorite character is great and doesn't need any buffs or changes?

Even Alarak who is my most favorite character in the whole game by a mile needs huge buffs on his lightning and ult. If I can clearly see dudes in the fog for whatever reason I should be able to lightning them and slow the guy I'm chasing by 70% instead of accidentally pathing to my death. And if I'm lucky enough for counterstrike to go off with people in the strike zone it shouldn't be interruptable during the cast time of the actual attack.

>this is a button for Blizzcon
>first time we've seen a full body image of the Innkeeper
>why would they design the Innkeeper's full body now when it's never been shown before?

Innkeeper in HoTS confirmed.

He had a toy on the gear store forever.

I haven't played with or against him too much but his real problem seems to be being slow with little to no chase/escape.

I'm no pro either but it really depends on what talents you take.
That level 1 push distance gives you a pretty decent range dash to get out of trouble and the slow or range on telekinesis gives you a lot of control. Lightning's 70% slow is super good but the targetting is incredibly finnicky and it's still so thin that you'll hardly ever hit with it. You could telekinesis a guy into position for it, but if you're in the position to do that you might as well silence them and take a big chunk out of their health while you're at it.

Is there anything better than painting the map with tons of creep?

Stupid trait minigames are half the reason I play this game. Fuck, even Arthas's trait seems so fun just because I have to just keep it in mind if I don't want to run out of mana.

Creep is wonderful.

How would you buff gazlowe for high levels but nerf him for low level play?

50% at 23.9% popularity isn't busted. He probably just needs to be a bit bulkier and maybe give him a talent to be able to place turrets at a certain distance away from him.

buff his survivability, maybe give him a cleanse, undetectable stealth on turrets

Why doesn't leoric laugh when he resurrects? He even does the laugh animation

Magma Rager, I choose you!

Wrong approach to their own gameplay
The Dunning-Kruger effect has become notorious with the rise of MOBAs and online gaming in general. By definition, it is a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than is accurate.
We all hear about the low MMR player who is destined for greatness but gets matched with terrible monkey teammates against Jesus on five computers. Of course, it has been proven in practice, that you cannot blame your team for your losses. And the justification is simple.
In MOBAs, ELO/MMR boosting is an amazing industry gathering a lot of money. If you can pay a guy to boost your account to high MMR, it means that a person of certain skill and knowledge, capable of winning the game, does exist and it isn’t the team that sucks, it is you.
In order to get the grasp of your mistakes, you can watch your replays. Contrary to your belief, you are not flawless and you have a lot to improve on. As you do, the team will suddenly become better. But bottom line it is you, not the teams, that got better.

All well and good but posts like this always ignore match-making. Very frequently (especially in HotS) you get players on your team that are far lower MMR/rank than you. The game does this to try and "balance" it out. So the higher MMR you are, the lower (on average) pubs you'll get. And finally another point people tend to ignore; the impact of a poor player is more significant than a good player.

How is a ghost supposed to laugh senpai?
He's got no lungs.

Lol, you actually believe this is the issue with him?

All true

yes the game uses your rank to put you in fair matches, aka ones that it thinks you have a 50% chance of winning

if you're better than the game is, you will win more than 50% and your rank will rise

if the game's estimation of your skill is accurate, you will win about half, lose about half, and stay at your current ranking until you actually increase in skill

I dunno. Numbers aside, playing against him doesn't feel near as broken as playing against other new-release heroes like Li-Ming or Tracer when they first hit.
But then, I've been playing mostly Malfy lately and unless he's got help, he's mostly just a nuisance.

As long as my team doesn't play like a bunch of retards and start whining and accusing everyone else of sucking whenever they do something stupid, I can be perfectly happy with a game, even if I lose.
Those hardly ever happen, of course. Especially not on the weekends.

But... but... forced 50! The game totally knows when you're on a win streak and knowingly pairs you with retards just so you lose a bunch in a row! This guy totally said so on his blog so it must be legit!

Maybe you should learn the basics user

What hero did you play?

Probably Nova.

Monk guy, I was their heal slut. He was orc shaman guy and got bloodlust. I told him we didn't have the auto attacks to rush their core nor the right group to take advantage of blood lust before the enemy noticed. Only damage we had was a hammer, thrall and bot chromie.

>heal slut

Tell me more baby

Just a term for basically picking the most selfless build I can go. Disgusting Overshit stuff like this makes me sick.

Memes have gone too far.

she has the best ass desu

I'll trade someone a legend carry in Hearthstone for a GM carry in HotS.

DO NOT SPEAK TO ME IN THOSE TONES

How do you carry someone in hs
Should I give you my account details? Lmao

I'd just spectate you all day and tell you what to do. But from what I can see there is really no way to "carry" to grandmaster unless it's with 4 people in team league. and I highly doubt I can find 4 people.

oh god I would love to see her play this game

maybe they came up with the full design back when they began working on the game

Nah they are adding detail to his character, at first he was a generic dwarf but in the latest hs trailers you can see he has a little white mouse with a red scarf as a companion and other details, imo we'll see him in hots for real sooner or later

why do you keep playing this gem despite the fact that it's dead?

I don't play Hots since summer
I only come here to shitpost

Dotoddler, don't you have creeps to last hit?

>implying the only people who would call this game dead are dota players

i thing the category also includes overwatch players, or really anyone with eyes

I want to get off this ride

>implying overwatch players wouldn't want their waifus shipped with characters from other games

>widowmaker will never be in hots
muh waifu!

>no fanart of widowmaker taking cho'gall ogre-sized benis
Why live t b h

>get first garden terror + a quad kill
>open the enemy's core with the terror before we get forced back
>get second terror and a kill
>this should be gg
>ping core and get in terror
>one person fucks off to push top
>one person fucks off to clear camps
>the other two engage a 2v4 right before i get there and die
>rinse and fucking repeat for 20 fucking minutes
>the one fucking time we manage to group as 5 and push, we steamroll them

Wow playing as a team instead of Xxl0new0lfxX wins the game, what a fucking concept.

last night was the first time i got to play stage dive ETC

holy shit is there anything more fun

just watch insomnia when he streams. hes a frequent #1 GM and he basically narrates whole matches as he plays. its basically an educational stream

Was that the game we played against Hammer and Samuro? Good shit

Should i buy samuro or alark?

talianthots is also a pretty chill and informative #1 GM streamer

Consider the fact you'll actually be able to play Alarak more than twice.

Is samuro so famous that i wont be able to play him?