Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Light in dark edition

>News
MHXX (Double Cross) announced
youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wmOI4W7FIoI
reddit.com/user/wemelchor
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw to intelligent for anime dodge and jumps gameplay

More than fiddy hours into 3U and just now did I discover about charm tables, tried Athena's table check for one haul and it gave me 11. That's cursed far as I know.
How fucked am I and how game breaking is it ? I'm seriously gonna try more hauls to see if it says something else, I hope it does.

>Literally chain charged to death by a garuga and tigrex.
>Then charged and blindsided by a garuga fireball for bullshit death number 2.

What a cancerous monster combo.

The real question is why nobody has produced table switching through save editing. I realize it's a bit late to care, but it seems easily doable.

>How fucked am I and how game breaking is it ?

By comparison to other charm tables, you have an incredibly limited amount of possible charms, most of which are useless.

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KILL THIS KIRIN KUNT in MHFU

I mean, I'm not too gem savvy, but I'm not completely fucked am I ? Guess it's still playable if i'm not minmaxing, I hope.
Also second haul coming through, fingers X'd.

eventually

rev up that sanctioned gunhammer

Remember to hug the monsters after capturing them!

>2nd gen desert coming back

wonder how many piscine liver quests will be key

Second haul came in, still in T11. Time to Mc fucking kill myself.

I hope you don't like any extra skills

why is rathian so vulnerable?

Her head is a 90 hitzone and always on ground level

youtube.com/watch?v=wmOI4W7FIoI

OOO-

You make a pellet gun and shoot like you just don't give a fuck

I miss niche pellet use

Well, she is queen of the earth.

>wearing chain mail
What a puss.

A-at least I didn't get the 200 charms ones. This still fucking sucks. Worst of all, I'm not used to ever making new characters so I guess I'll have to live with it.

comfy hunting

Well if you know what you're doing, you can get yourself back up to speed a bit faster.

You have to to even be able to do that in the first place.

>in 4U you live with 7 cats
>you could cuddle as many as you wanted
heaven

What would "getting back up to speed" mean ? As in "restart and get back to this point" or "play normally" ? Because I deffinetly don't have a single clue of what I'm doing, this is my first time in 3U and so far I've only played Gen and 4U.
I'm getting existential here, why the fuck did Crapcom even think cursed tables, or tables at all were a good idea ?

Alright, since no joined in the last 40 minutes, I'm disbanding the room. I will try tomorrow, though.

maybe you should try reddit

>he

Or, I don't know, just try earlier in the day.

well you being stuck with them was a bug, they were supposed to randomize on every login

A crucial bug like that and they never fix it. Nice.

You could powersave charms, but it straight up requires owning both the cartridge and the dongle. Plus you might need Homebrew.

Not quite, I read it in plenty of places including Leddit and GameFAQs that even though the tables randomized for each play seshs on previous games, the code for 3U is special as in it locks you for the whole game. Special as in "down syndrome kid" special.
And to this day it's still a mystery why they didn't patch it up or at least give their explanations for it.

>Homebrew
As much as I few damn betrayed by the game for it, I don't think I'm gonna save edit, ever. Mostly because "muh no cheats 100% honest" and because I have no idea how to tinker with game consoles in fear of messing them up.
Specially since I live in ... a very peculiar shithole where games cost 200 bux and a new 3DS would break my wallet.

>Has

>Reddit

Rathian could have been a mother to me

is that bait?

>reddit
there's a high chance it isnt

reddit.com/user/wemelchor
Decide for yourself. He came here to throw an autism-fit a few days ago.

What's the problem here? I can understand have trouble with wrath of rath.

This guy sounds like a fag.

Seems like someone doesn't want to bring a farcaster and mats to make more.

wemelchor plz go.

>Doing Ceadeus Decisive Battle, second time after he fled
>Couldn't eat for Swimmer
Having to go through some 5 fucking kilometers of underwater tunnels by swimming is fucking suffering.

I want to have anal sex with the guildmarm!

>Upgrading Frost Edge
>Needs 10 Blango Pelts+
>Save edit them in
LOCK ME UP

>He doesn't know there's a shortcut.

>never bothered by small monsters
>start playing gunner
God save me, the mini gnakgnak are the WORST.

I want to KILL the Meowstress have anal sex with her corpse to show Capcom that we, the TRUE Monster Hunter fans, want Monster Hunter 5 instead of Monster Hunter Xquisite Xraths!

>hey kid, wanna learn what a wyvern tastes like?

I don't know what's more annoying as a gunner. Being tackled by bullfangos or rhenoplos.

rhenoplos, they're so fucking smug with that casual jaunt of theirs I hate it

Just looking through this guy's posts, he's definitely autistic

He goes into an autistic fit of rage over the fact that the Teo bow is unequivocally the best bow in the game and the fact that he uses Blade Wire or Triple Volley when its a terrible HA and says "factually inaccurate math" to everyone he disagrees with and then spergs out when he's on the receiving end of a downvote chain.

Probably bullfangos

Rhenoplos are smug, but bullfangos are like the screaming autistic five year olds that run around at a daycare. Being disadvantaged by that makes me legit mad

Lute’s imouto/default FeMC is cute

>four years of posts
>juuust about zero internet points

It takes a special kind of something to make a hugbox dislike you that much.

I've heard about it but I absolutely can't find it. Save me.

Indignation and general incompetence seems to do the trick

>First time beating Rath in 3U
>Get pl8
>First time beating beard in 3U
>Get Dragongem
There goes all my luck for the rest of the year.

>implying its not hermituars

they attack fast are are the most aggressive motherfuckers in the game.

When you come off as a shitty and argumentative human being thats bad at everything and you don't try to milk karma from a subreddit that's geared to helping people of your ilk I guess that's what happens

Uroktor and Konchu are worse.
But a Bullfango drive-by is the worst.

>upgrade to a proper device to play this game on
Does the 2DS run the game worse or something? Or is he just blaming his being shit on outside factors

Uroktor and Bullfangos have fleshy hitzones that can be dispatched with Pellets in solo hunts

Konchu and Crabmitaur on the other hand...

There's a little pool at the camp on the left side you can dive into after you've repelled cid atleast once.

I'd imagine terrible controls. Like MH is never about having good controls and all, but being the lowest tier of them all?

no mention of blangos? really?

little ice nigs hopping around tossing frozen shit at you and backhopping

That's true but
>They can respawn while you're fighting
>Tunnel under you/drive by without you ever being able to see them

Also,
for basically the same thing as Uroktor but with fucking iceblight jesus christ

Its a weaker machine so some games have frame rate issues like kingdomhearts DDD

Oh. OH. Well, doesn't matter since I just killed it, but thanks anyways. I could swear the shortcut was inside the tunnels.

>blango ices me while im fighting gammoth
>rage and try to kill him
>he back hops 3 of my swings in a row then hits me again

the AI in gen is fucked, has anyone else noticed monsters tend to leave areas now if you put down a trap?

Either Bnahabra or Altaroth.
>busy shooting the monster's weak points.
>suddenly this flying faggot stings you and get paralyzed.
>at that moment the monster decides to target you and takes the opportunity to get a free hit/cart you.
or
>tiny ant walks up to you and gives you defense down while you were busy in siege mode.

Honorable mention to Apceros. Fucking retarded motherfuckers. There is a goddamn jho right by it, it ate its mate, and it still fucking decides to get right in between my shots and jho.

You can see some coming. Uroktors just pop out under your ass.

Bowing Cenataur Sr. was hell because of the little Ceanataur Jr. I have to kill beforehand in FuccU

I just find it upsetting that most monsters refuse to eat meats you lay on the ground

Small monster AI seemed to get much more aggressive and clever. It's really odd.

Coming out of MH4U which really does have a pathetic Low Rank and High Rank, Gen actually seems to be more difficult in that respect if you're not spamming Aerial and Adept every hunt. It's going to be interesting to see if the G rank hypers live up to the 140s in difficulty.

just hack in the charms you want
this bullshit gacha system is just a way to artificially extend the length of a game, which is fine for japs because it gives them excuses not to interact with other human beings, but i prefer using my time to shitpost on sri lankan basket weaving forums like this one than to autistically farm charms in the charmfarm

>He uses traps outside of trying to Metal Gear it under them or while they're sleeping
I've had them leave too many times to even bother to try things like that anymore

I remembered being cornered by 3 apceros in FU, always pushed on my butt, can't get up, and then Diablos charges and I die.

Remember, for every Uroktor you kill you also thin down the Agnaktor population

Reddit always displays total points that are

Protip: most monsters absolutely will not eat meat they saw you put down, Jho being the notable exception. If they didn't see you lay the bait, they'll eat it. Try flash bombing a Tigrex, putting down a tinged meat while he's blind, and then getting him to tire out.

Kill 50 Uroktors quests when?

didn't monsters used to smell meats from other areas and fly over there to eat them? Thats what i've been trying to do, use them as bait.

He actually doesn't seem to have posted that much, so it's probably not under -100.

Still. Reddit is so fucking against bullying and is super tolerant and it lets autists like him run around pissing and shitting everywhere. These people need to be bullied, it's the only way they'll ever learn to get thicker skin and self discipline.

>deserves to be bullied because he's bad at video games

>These people need to be bullied
Starting with you

Well, yeah. How the fuck else are people meant to improve if bad play is fostered, almost encouraged?

Don't put words in my mouth.

He deserves to be bullied because it seems like he's a legitimate ass to everyone he meets on a fucking hugbox community and generally looks to be a nasty human being. He's learned the soft way that people don't like him and he hasn't learned jack.

I hate 'put me in the screencap to post on /r/Veeky Forums as we give 50 replies to one post' as much as the next guy but it teaches the people who are on the receiving end a valuable lesson.

This is too cute.
My heart can't take it.

I dunno user, you also sound like an ass.

I'd like to hunt with this EO person sometime.

Self-righteous niggers like you deserve a good bullying too.

>pathetic low rank and high rank
Fucking this.

Everyone calls Gen way too easy but MH4U had bar none the easiest Low and High Rank of the whole series while Gen is reasonably difficult. It only got hard in G rank

Anyone else feel bad killing certain monsters? I like Duram, so I always capture him and think happy thoughts about where he goes.

>Amatsu is locked to High-Rank only like Akantor was back in FU
>Instead, Amatsu gets replaced by a similar monster in G-Rank