Well, time is coming up to make the big DIESELGATE™ decision. The numbers rounded to the nearest hundred are:

Well, time is coming up to make the big DIESELGATEā„¢ decision. The numbers rounded to the nearest hundred are:
$29000 for the buyback
$7400 for just the settlement and keep the car

Right now, I'm leaning towards keeping it because I happen to really like it and it's about as rare a TDI there is out there

>last year of the tdi wagon (2014)
>6-speed
>18k miles
>panoramic sunroof

What would Veeky Forums do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

I'd take the buyback. The whole scandal will definitely hurt resale value, plus it's already 2 years old. Yes it's rare for what it is, but you could get a lot of better cars for that kind of money.

If you really don't think you'll ever sell it, go ahead and keep it, but I think the buyback is the smart idea.

Britfag here.

Thank god you Ameribros killed the """"clean diesel"""" meme before it fucking took off. Props.

I already have other, nicer cars. If I sold it back, I'd be in the market for another DD. Good luck finding a better DD than this wagon.

You should've mentioned that. Keep the damn thing, then

Has this whole emissions scandal personally affected you? (Ie: Suddenly resulted in respiratory issues?)
If no, just take the 7.4k and keep the car.

If yes, somehow a manufacturer lying about the emissions has personally and deeply affected you, making it impossible to function if you keep the car, then take the 29k and get a new one.

>Pro tip. Just take the 7.4k.

Is fuck is fucking 7.4k the same as 7,400? Because I fucking KNOW that with computers, 1 gigabyte should be 1000 megabytes but it's something less than that, a different FUCKING NUMBER ALTOGETHER THAN THAT, you might be fighting wrong if you're are fucking 7.4k and they give you 6,300 or FUCKING LESS IF THEY FUCKING SAY WE WILL GIVE YOU 6300 BUT THEY FUCKING MEANT 5.4K WHICH IS 4100 AND THEY JUST KEEP DOIGN THAT YOU END UP OWING THEM MONEY

FUCKING VOLKSWAGEN

What in the actual fuck are you on about?

7.4k is 7400. K is short hand for 1000.

Also, 1 Gigabyte is 1024 Megabytes, so your 'its something less than that' is a load of bullshit and you should be fucking sorry.

what

tfw fucking Audi did the same to me once!!! ended up having to pay them to take my A3 back.

OP, make sure what VW means by 7.4K before you make a decision

I'd keep it. Even if the resale value will be hurt by the scandal, it will be a loss of 2-3k max. Keep this thing as long as you want, enjoy the free money from VW and the S I C C fuel economy and sell it when you're done.

Plus you seem to not have to many worries about your car budget, given the very nice cars you own.

>tfw the one guy getting prosecuted for this is some engineer
>all the corporate heads that were likely much more responsible go untouched

If your mind is made why are you shitposting?

this is pretty standard stuff
basically, the legal system is so convoluted you need specialized law people to deal with it
the better you are at being a law person, the more you can charge

end result; pay more money to better law people, less likely to be punished for crimes

the only real solution is purely objective lawyer AIs that are free with identical performance

I'd probably force them to buy it back and not drive a gay ass wagon / minivan

This, the entire board deserves to be prosecuted

t.VW owner

I know, right?

Sell it to me for 20k if it's got leather and a manual trans.

I'm still leaning towards getting a VW GTI. I just can't hate them for it especially since they are the only emission cheaters in the big auto makers.

>I just can't hate them for it especially since they are the only emission cheaters in the big auto makers
you mean aren't, right?

If you keep it do they require you to get it "fixed"?

youtube.com/watch?v=-WCFUGCOLLU
by which I mean accept the settlement and turn in the car

4 cars, totally different locations

>bread or your fucking lying
The maintenance on those shitboxes would be more then they're worth.

>e30 exempt

If you keep the car, it will have to meet emissions. So you'd end up paying for that fix if you ever move to a state that requires emissions checks. At that point, you'd find out the car has little value trying to sell an UNfixed car into the market. Of course, you can do the craig's list usual scam of saying the car is in fine mechanical shape and is fully legal to drive before dumping it to some patsy.

I meant that yes. Sorry m8.

>$29000 for the buyback
You'd be a fool not to take this. It will effectively have made driving the car free before consumables and taxes.

Epic someone screen cap this

>2014
>pic is mk6

Something is off about this the Mk7 went on sale in 2013

>E30
SHAMEFUR DISPRAY
GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Your welcome

take the settlement cash and the fix.

The wagon was a year late to the mk7 party.
VW is paying for the fix and extending the warranty on all affected components. If I keep it you better believe a tune is on its way to unfix it
Nigga the only bread I have is a few week old baguette that is so dried out it would scratch the paint, you can see the TDI and an e38 I don't have anymore in the pic of the sl600. with the e38 gone, maintenance isn't that bad anyway (as long as I keep my 3rd party warrant going on the SL for $150/month because lol$15kturbos)
My mind isn't made up for exactly that reason, $29k is more than I paid for it 2 years ago. But I like the damn thing

Also,
>E30
Educate/kill yourself.

How much did u pay for it?

sticker $29k, got it for $26k

>$29000 for the buyback

I'd go for the buyback and get a well-equipped Mazda3 hatch.

Care to explain how?

probably able to get it lower because manuals are a lot harder to sell most of the time

The buy back option is the biggest no brainer of all time. The car isn't worth anything close to $29k. It would be like pondering whether you should trade $17k in cash for $29k in cash.

Put a quick 20,000 miles on it, then take the buyback.

labor day sale 2014, also they tried to get me for $2500 adjusted market value which disappeared when i asked them to justify it.

it's not worth $29k but it is worth ~almost~ that much when you take into account the cash they would pay me to keep it

heres another way of putting it:
>would you rather trade $20k for $29k or trade $0 for $7400

Ist this you, Autobild?

NO, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT OTHER COMPANIES DID THE SAME! It's a VW/Audi-thing.

I'm with this guy.

Mk5 looked great.
Mk6 looks half assed
Mk7 looks great.

Stop fucking about and get the whole $29k back.

...Then if you still want a mk6 go and buy your mk6 wagon off the lot for $12k.

I vote buyback.