/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

villainous edition
hollow: >1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/106492
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for first.

second for not falling for the season pass meme

>tfw miracle healing duel meta is actually turning into the draw meta

what the fuck

Third for patience.

>get annihilated in the Arena
>send him a message asking what his soul level is
>turns out his SL is 120 while I'm below 100

Thanks Miyazaki, great matchmaking.

How the fuck does it work?

praise the cunny

If I met any of you in the 2v2/3v3 arenas tonight, I had a great time!

Switched from Great Farron Dart to Great Deep Soul after a while and liking it a whole lot better.

>go up on roof via tree to get ember shard
>fall off rafters 3 times in a row

end me now

Be honest /dsg/ how good are you in PvP?
has someone ever complimented your skill?

Did you backstep off while crow trading at least one of the times?

same as red sign iirc

Good boss design.
I still won

does the clap emote count?

i obliterated a dude with my valorheart and he asked to duel me some more over psn

i never lost after 10 duels

my australian internet gets compliments all the time

Anyone notice how the crows talons has the fist moveset 1 handed, but the claw moveset 2 handed? Is this the only duel weapon that changes the right hand moveset when you 2 hand it?

I'm okay in 1 and 2.

>valorheart
any tips user ?

PS4 arena? Anyone?
no

Can you trade from below?

I thought you could only trade on the actual top of the roof which as far as I can tell you need the key to get to that part.

no I awkwardly slid off the corners of the center each and every time

>has someone ever complimented your skill

Does this ever even happened? All I get are steam group invites by sore losers. Maybe PS4/XBone are different, idk.

no

I was decent in DS2, not as good in DS3.
That being said my PvP build in DS2 got rekt in /dsg/ fightclubs so I guess I'm not that good.
Maybe it's because I used the Partisan

I have like 4-5 pages worth of steam comments complimenting my shitty DaS2 gimmick build.
I've picked up DaS3 a mere week ago, we'll see how it works.

Reminder that we will never ever get Sully's set or duel wield his greatswords.

only in das1

oh god the estoc group only having one member is so sad

Honestly I have 500 hours in ds3, about 2000 in ds1, 1000 in ds2, and 1500 in des and I use meme builds with shit weapons and win about 70%. Current build is pic related.

I just use it because I like how it looks. I got gold in duel and working towards gold in brawl now. I was the best in DS1 because it had the highest skill cap with all the bullshit you had to know.

Wat does the Crow say in nip speek

>TFW Partizan has had the best move set of all of spears in all the souls games but it's AR always blows

Yeah, you can trade from the rafters just fine. It's really convenient for early materials and getting Call Over.

Oh.

play against people who are bad at the game :^)

And how does the Red Sign work? Weirdly enough I don't see it mentioned anywhere online what the summoning range for it is.

Welp, was using the last thread, can someone help me with this?

>Current build is pic related.

i played ds1/2 on pc and got all the same group invites, got a ps4 for bb and stuck with it for ds3 and even though pc looks great and all that shit, ps4 community defiantly is better

people unironically send gg messages

i'm pretty good, when i start to lose i just turn on infinite iframes and get an instakill weapon

never cheated in dark souls or dark souls 2 though and won a lot, had lots of people come back for rematches and such. but beating pcucks at their game is too fun in 3

It's only behind LKLS and the greatlance in 3 when it comes to pure phys spears.

same here. Never really got into das1 pvp, managed to get pretty good at das2 pvp (probably because I just played so goddamn much of it), still havent gotten gud at 3. Funnily enough, I also used partizan in 2.
the struggle. It had the PERFECT moveset in 2. The 2 handed strong attack with the wide sweep into the thrust was amazing. I would whiff the first r2 a few times, to bait them into getting hit by the thrust followup. The grace window between inputs was crazy long, you could r2, wait for like 2 full seconds, and r2 again for the thrust. It was godly.

I'm complete shit, but I think it's fun

i like that painter loli.

Gimme dat crown nigguh

40 maliciousness
40 keikaku
20 angery
10 goodwill

Quality+INT, I guess? You can probably also use the Immolation Tinder well on the same build.

the best way to describe the painted world of Ariandel is that it's like a thread on Veeky Forums or something. when one reaches post limit another thread is made.
that's what happened to the painted world of Ariamis, but now the painted world of Ariandel is reaching it's post limit.
the only one who can make a new thread is this little painter girl, but she's locked up in some random library in the middle of bumfuck nowhere because some dipshit and her knight from Londor thought it was too comfy to give up.
now all the residents are slowly dying to the rotting of the painting's canvas manifesting as this weird worm plague.

It was a dex/hex build in DS2 so with Resonant Weapon it was capable of hitting for over 500.
Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a spear, not a great weapon.
Mostly won by rollcatching people and mixing shit up with GRS because I'm a shitter deep down

Thoughts on Crow Quills?

Why are people shitting on this DLC so much while simultaneously praising the fuck out of AotA?

Sure, AotA had 4 bosses instead of 2, but the zones that connected to 2 of them were pretty much none existant, and the zones you had to progress through were garbage level design wise, except for Oolacile Township, which was a very short level.

The forest and the abyss bit just before Manus however were total poop. This DLC (Ashes of Ariandel) has the strongest level design in Dark Souls 3 to be honest.

I also don't really get the "It's too short" complaint. I made a new character for the DLC, entered at level 40, with a +6 weapon, had a decent challenge and it took me about 4 hours and 30 minutes to get to Elfriede/Ariandel while thoroughly exploring the path to them, except for that house with 2 of the Corvian Knights in it.

I'd give that crow the quill if you know what I mean

I think I was good in BB and DS1 in their bright times but suck cocks in DS2 and DS3. More cocks in DS2.

>Why are people shitting on this DLC so much while simultaneously praising the fuck out of AotA?
Nostalgia that's all there is to it.

It's been 4 years between AOTA and AOA
AOTA was really good for its time
AOA was meh compared to things From could pull off, like TOH
I don't dislike AOA, I'm just disappointed.

I believe the issue people are taking issue with is that AoA is more like a single level than a bunch of levels like previous DLCs were. Besides, it's the most fun I've had invading in this game since before people realized seeds were back.
I fucking hate seeds

>10 goodwill
hmm
27/40/40 is too much of a drain, I think I'll just go for min str

It's much better than people think. It does a lot of damage, its crits are insane, and you can combo R1 -> L1 or R1 -> R1 into L1 rollcatch. You will be seeing very high damage, at the expense of not having a shield out. If you really need a shield, you can use one, and play it like a shorter estoc turtle with good crits.

Ive gotten a few for my tactical awareness. Just knowing somethings at the right time have gotten me total victories. Last message i recieved was two days ago, someone saying "its so different to fight someone who knows their stuff, makes it hard. Im so used to fighting the meta, gg man"

I agree with the level design points, but I was mostly disappointed with the loot. There's nothing game-changing here.
Just a wolf boss and a fast human boss.
Corvian knights are challenging enemies, but I can't help but feel like they're given too many advantages to make them seem tough.
Don't bother with the chapel that two of them are in, all that's in there is a shitty miracle.

That is impossible, because the upper and lower bounds are different depending on your level.

If that were true a SL120 could be matched with a SL99, but a SL99 could not be matched with an SL120.

>AoA is more like a single level than a bunch of levels

So if they segregated the Corvian Settlement and the Snowy Mountainpass into different sections on the Bonfire warp map noone would complain? Because these sub-areas themselves are as large as previous games areas

Yeah. That giant invasion location in DLC is great. I hope DLC2 will be even better.
>2-3 bigger location
>It's dark like fuckin grave in DS1
>full of dangerous monsters, traps and thousand roads

fun to use, annoying to fight

You don't need to much stamina with the gsoj. If you don't want to cast you can give up atn for hp.

Try messing around with 39/29 26/39/39 on a warrior.
Just use a simple off-hand to be able to rebuff from half mana.

heres my thought

>TOH
TOH is big addon on separete disk. And it's not actually so big

I don't get the too short complaint, but the level design was pretty mediocre lol. Def not the strongest in DS3, can't compare to Dungeon/Undead Settlement/High Wall and so on. This DLC was defined by either wide open space for hoard enemies to surround you or narrow paths for Millwood knights to body block you on.

I think the most impressive part was Shit bird town, and like Township it was extremely short and Township was a little bit better.

Wheres the best place to invade?

It's really good at roll catching

R1 R1 into the jump attack, or two R1s into the lunge weapon art will catch 95% of everyone you fight at least once for around 600-700 damage, which is generally about half health for most people

One of the other anons on this thread recommended both of the tearstone rings to me and I've been using them since. They pair EXTREMELY well with the valorheart, especially when you get low enough health for the rings to kick in

in my offhand I carry a canvas talisman for a quick medium heal for ~500ish health fairly quickly as well as tears of denial

here's my exact build if you want to copy although i dont actually recommend using it

my ass

100% of AOTA bosses were creative bosses
Friede was good, yes, but Gravetender was a clusterfuck of bad design choices.
>HEY GUYS DARK SOULS 1 CHAINMOM LMAO
They could have given us an original boss there with unique movesets and good fashion, but instead they chose to half ass it and give it chain and dark mask and not even have him use chaos blade. They could have brought back some ds1 armor if they really wanted a throwback, but god knows that's too much fucking work for Fromfuckingsoftware.
Holy SHIT I am pissed off.

>Gravetender was a clusterfuck of bad design choices.
Guardian LMAO KEK

got a lot of fanmail in the GFWL days

i miss GFWL, no one ever sends hatemail or fanmail anymore

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/106492

forgot link fml

>wide open space for hoard enemies to surround you

Oh so you're on of those people who charge in, get the follower torch dudes to alert everyone in the area and then get fucked by 10 of them?

I never thought more than 2 of them at once because i proceeded carefully and not like a retard.

Re-posting since the thread jumped right after I posted it:

Does anybody else have a roleplay for their character that isn't just a cosplay that they base their gameplay around?

My current character is a sort of "Slowly going mad" ex-cleric from Carim who's dabbling in the cults around Aldritch and Rosaria to gain forbidden knowledge and some twisted form of divine favor, as well as research into Carthus and their dabbling with the Abyss.

I'm running a bleed build with the Carthus shotel (I know the curved sword is better but MUH AESTHETIC) and off-hand I'm using miracles/pyromancies, but I'm trying to decide what's most consistent with him character wise. Should I just mix them up between Black Flame pyromancies (for Carthus) and Deep miracles (for his dabbling with the Cathedral), or should I stick to one or the other?

>no one ever sends hatemail or fanmail anymore
Because it's gank souls now. Invader is not threat

dark souls 2

>Why are people shitting on this DLC so much while simultaneously praising the fuck out of AotA?
AotA had 4 great bosses.

AoA has 1 Bloodborne rehash boss, and 1 NPC + Sif rehash boss.

AotA also introduced dark magic/black flame, which was a huge improvement for casters. AoA's new magic is all pretty lame.

Nobody really cares that much about zones.

GHHHHHHRAAAAAAAAAAAAkngk lgjoksd,gnk sdng dk g,sdgjskmdg:=;sgxXhmfsxh

Cute

Was he right?

>AoA has 1 Bloodborne rehash boss, and 1 NPC + Sif rehash boss.
It's easy to simplifying everything and call it rehash.

yeah
it's not just the advantages, the host loses nothing for dying
in das1 you could lose your humanity and shit
in das2 the invader could break your gear and rings fairly easy

>summon fanta in high wall to get through faster because lazy

>dies to pus of man on roof

rip

I'm probably a retard but I never quite understood his motivation beyond just going apeshit.

HELP!

I played Dark Souls 3 on the PC earlier this year when it was newer and I had some weird network glitch where I would very rarely get summoned/find signs. I was able to fix it by making a second steam account and family sharing the game, but then I changed it back when I got my fill of pvp to finish the game with achievements.

My question is, have they fixed this at all?

meh

You're the real mvp my man

He got separated from Anri and hollowed

Did you seriously think that post was funny at all and worth posting? If so you live a pathetic life, fucking grow up.

Undeniably

Found the phantom

S'alright. I wish Rat Covenant had been better

It's slightly better than ricard's but worse than both the irithyll rapier and estoc.
The L1s are damn near worthless and the WA is a meme.

i remember people complaining about ganks in das1 and 2 and3 and 4 and bloodo souls and dragon souls and

Hate to be a bother, but apparently BK Shield is heavier than I expected so I need a Havel's Ring +2 (whoever dropped me the other important rings forgot to give me that one for some reason, fml) if I still want to fastroll. If someone could help a brotha out I'd really appreciate it.

PC, high wall of lothric, pass = kangz

I'll also take any embers/seigbraus/divine blessings/souls you might be willing to donate, but I'd be happy with just the ring. Then we can fight or not, your choice.

BSCB if you're still around I'll summon you again if you're down.

>That +5 Hollowing visual effect

So if you don't prevent her death it's just that she found him and he'd already gone mad by that point so he killed her?