How can we convince car companies to stop hiding engines under windshields?

How can we convince car companies to stop hiding engines under windshields?

its not like you were using that space anyway

putting the engine further back is good for weight distribution. The only problem is that the hood on new cars is too short and the engine sits on the front wheels even with it pushed under the windshield.

>I have to repair my car every weekend
>Access to it's engine is my problem
seriously, what cuckmobile are you driving?

better for packaging but miserable to pull unless you have a lift and can just drop the whole subframe in one pull

I think all that working on honda civics with engine bays 3x too large for the engine has gotten people spoiled

how can we convince car comapnies to make batteries accessible again?

winrar

gen 4 maro

I don't know what you mean, there is plenty of space.

Go drive an Audi and tell me having the engine 5ft ahead of the front wheels is a good idea.

you realise this is to keep the engine behind the front wheels so that the car goes around corners better?

Americans i swear to fucking god.

The engine should be where you can get to it to maintain it. Of course that doesn't matter to faggots who don't haven't ever even checked their oil on their .5L shit box. Fucking Europoors I swear to god

Because they want you to drop the engine out with its cradle instead of working on it from the top.

also its better weight distro.

They aren't really bad to drive, unless you're at the limit of what the car can handle. Even then you need some r888's to actually feel any understeer.

OP needs a car like mine. So much space in the bay. Working on SUVs that have the base engine are always really easy to deal with. V6 Explorers are pretty easy to deal with too since they are made to hold a V8. Anything on the front of the engine is cake.

At least none of you are pulling the cabs to do head work.

WHY

Aren't you forgetting how hard it is to get to air filters now.

...I can at least get to almost all my shit on my 2013 Elantra GT.

Despite the stupidly raked windshield.

These are absurd.

Minivans are a horrible, horrible type of car to work on.

it looks as oiff that cars radiator is a joy to replace

If you own anything Apple like eg "Sleek and Stylish" you're partly to blame.

>Renault 1.6 16v petrol
Windshield washer fluid cap is easily accessible. You don't need anything more.

I'm trying to understand your problem, but I can't seem to be able to.

Why would that matter? Just push the wheels forward. This is why cars used to be longer.

Because the current style is short-wheelbase cars for a choppy ride that feels "sporty".

>How can we convince car companies to use space more inefficiently?

This car is hated by everyone... except the people who own one. Everything on the car, under the hood, under the dash, under the car, is stupidly, absurdly easy to get to. Under the oil filter, there is a metal spot, so the oil doesn't drain on the block. There is a hole in the front air dam, just so you can get on the oil filter without removing parts of the car. One belt, and it's easy to get to - and there isn't an automatic tensioner to break. Remove the air filter, which requires two 10mm bolts, and the spark plugs are easily accessible. All the bolts on the transmission are easy to reach, for when you have to change a clutch.

wtf I hate my 4th gen now

My condolences. Firebird, I assume? The back two spark plugs are ridiculous on those.

so clean bro

pull the engine from the bottom, problem solved.

Madness

All of the spark plugs are really really easy to get at now, actually. Thank you based pacesetter headers.

V6 in a V8 engine bay

>How can we convince car companies to stop hiding engines under windshields?

>drive 4th gen fbody
>engine half way under the dashboard
>still cant turn

memes aside it handles really good

For the life of me, I can't understand what fuck is going on in your picture.

as the owner of an LS1 Trans Am

>not hating if from the start

muh V8

My turdgen isn't as bad.

>There's so much room for activities!!

>but Macpherson strut and iron block

lol cant turn

I feel you though.

>When you try to casually navigate a turn in your third generation f-body

You can get to the battery easily with the tire on. Trust me. Done it 3 times so far because I never got a dead battery unless the car was somewhere completely inaccessible to tools or a jump.

Because windshield that extends further out in the front gives the car that spacious feel. I hate it, because it's seriously overdone on modern shitboxes - it's easy and convenient for manufacturers to do this but cars then end up looking like the hood and windshield are all one and the same part. I hate that appliance car look. That's why I drive a BMW.

Buy transverse I4s.

BMW is ugly, unreliable, hard to work on overpriced shit.