/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

geometry edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CGuSqSSmyy0
youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM
forum.keenswh.com/forums/programming-in-game.410940/
guide.factorio.com/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for sexgineering

You guys are turbo gay today

Second for this game is /egg/, its already dying fuck you building an engine is hard.

that's a lot

It just occured to me that I didn't put the spark plugs in. Fuck.

why aren't you playing best game anons?

5st for what is the best prostate massager out there?

Is it? They are like the size of a chicken egg, surely they would just kind of start going deeper into you and you could manage more.

No boner, stop, please.

this usually does it for me

>5 crates of beer
nice

pic related i guess

preemptive bump

>finally able to get into higher tier matches in crossout
>high tier matches are nothing but cancerous minmaxed bullshit

Guess Im going to stay in 3000-4900Ps matches. 5000-7000PS matches are full of AIDs.

Firefox does not have this problem

>chrome

>implying

>a mere 300M of image data after decompression
that's why gifs are so beautiful, webms have size limits but gifs are 10k x 10k for some reason

now check ram consumption

What about it?

>4.39 gb
oh no!

>chrome
>win10
remdev pls
pls

rem meme

breddy gud

>implying I'm not remanon
>implying remdev doesn't use the same shit
>implying remdev isn't using an AMD card and cpu
>implying either of us give a flying fuck about the botnet maymays
>implying firefox isn't a laggy piece of shit, even without addons

do you even have lazy/delayed tab loading on chrome?

I forgot there were two of you.
And the win10 stuff is more about how spaghetti it is, botnet stuff is easy as fuck to stop.
I'm amazed that you actually have it working at all.
>implying firefox isn't a laggy piece of shit, even without addons
This is true, but I am a masochist, and hate google.

Possibly? I don't think I use it either way. Muh8core.

youtube.com/watch?v=CGuSqSSmyy0
this guy drew a knob on my hand today

>I'm amazed that you actually have it working at all.
See, that's the funny thing. Its been by far the least temperamental OS I've ever used, including MacOSX, winXP, win7, win8.1 and linshitubuntu.

Almost no issues. Might be because the OP as fuck hardware we're running.

That's the thing.
Win10 is so spaghetti, that for some people, it works beautifully.
And for others, for no fucking reason at all, it is absolute dogshit.

>And for others, for no fucking reason at all, it is absolute dogshit.
Could litterally say the same thing about Linux.

why does nobody make spoopy ships or spoopy robits

I want some serious spoop

>tfw no spooky spess battleship to explore

what game is this?

This seems like something I've already done IRL

Its oddly satisfying

>battleship
>posts picture of light cruiser

My summer car. Apparently not /egg/. /Egg/ as fuck.

My summer car

Pretty fun, you literally have every single piece in the car, i've probably spent 2 days just getting the engine in.

It's not in space, either, I just wanted a relevant image

I see

I still have the old project car in the basement so I can't really justify buying it but it might be a pirate option

looks kinda cool

youtube.com/watch?v=XBitEX-8IcM
The dev is kinda great.

this is killin me

I'm selling my Dota arcana for this I don't even care if I could go do it cooler IRL

Tell me the XJ is yours

u fugged up, friendo.

ded

Xj is my moms, beater cav is my DD, corvette is the money shredding machine

I have a feeling this shap is going to also come to an untimely end very soon

What are you trying to show me ?

I am a poor conversationalist. I am trying to start a good discussion with my Spengy buddies.

Anyone on the serb? Keo or Ced serb? We can talk about stuff.

I had to abandon my base on the serb, still can't place a multitude of small ship blocks.
someone asked me to make a webm but I'm a simple person and have never made a webm before

I'm onna serb
comfyfitting my base

>I'm a simple person and have never made a webm before
>WebM for retards:
>>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

>leave turrets off
>spoders damage base
>turn turrets on
>turrets damage base

Gunna gib it a go now, cheers friend

Is it running stable or dev ?

Stable. I had to rollback. Hope my saves...well my single core benchmarking map saves are ok.

>inb4 anti purple lighting shills

What are some interesting things I can do with programmable blocks in spengies?

anything
forum.keenswh.com/forums/programming-in-game.410940/

>anti purple
ok, please stop triggering me. I only was funposting about your fascination with Covenant ship interiors.\

Your ships look fine...I will have gone with a light turquoise or light blue color but it is your ship, friendo.

Your vehicles look great.

Okay made a webm, used MSI afterburner since that was the only thing at hand for video capture, quality is shite but i'm learning. video should hopefully demonstrate, smol ship armor blocks being placed fine, then a cockpit having none of it, same with landing gear and a few other blocks. any ideas ?

No idea on that, I had the same problem. Can't place the regular cockpit
Even welding one in from a blueprint would bug out and not let it finish

light purple just feels comfy for some reason, maybe the covenant knew some stuff about comfyism. danke user, been on a small shap building kick lately

I see, I started making this hangar style thing and thought it be easier with a little welding ship, would it be a case of remote controlling ?

That's what I did for mine, I made a little remote buildbot with a welder to help construct my base

aannnnd time for bed. Goodnight /egg/.

pic realted
night. 1:12 am here.

Can you do space-shippy looking spaceships in ftd or does everything need to be symmetrical?

Are they useful?

They don't have to be 100% symmetrical to be able to fly in a straight line, but you'll need jet stabilizers

>Are they useful?
Missiles can't turn outside of atmosphere, ballistic weapons have recoil that can make your ship spin in unwanted directions, and the only viable solutions are lasers and particle cannons

The adventure mode is kinda buggy, first zone (the easiest) spawn everything and their mother at once, if you change zone then the spawn rate goes to 0 and build up slowly.

So balls hard start, yawn mode for 99% of the game and then maybe a challenge or two when finally you reach the difficulty level in which godly designs spawn

>And for 99% of the users, for the reason that is "free and open source", it is absolute dogshit.
Fixed

And don't forget that either Microsoft is colossally incompetent, or outright malicious again (like with IE) as they try to force their own shitty DRM game platform in favor of Steam, which seems to mysteriously have worse performance on Windows 10.

Or just use CRAMs.
Lotsa power for little recoil and if hit they won't blow up your vehicle

Nice botes, very pointy

True, but in orbit, their low speed means you won't hit anything. Spaceships have an average speed of ~80m/s, and there's at least 800 meters from orbit to sea, so odds are you won't even hit a bulkward from there.

Use more CRAMs
Or particle cannons

>800 meters from orbit to sea
wat

>Or particle cannons
I already said that :^)

>wat
Neter has 800 meters from sea level to orbit (or the place where gravity = 0)

Is Ced around?

I think i broke the serb. every time I try to use a jump drive the server dies and drops off my favorites list.

I think jump drives are causing major server breakage

i gassed ced

REM is next

machinecraft best /egg/

guide.factorio.com/index.html

why would u measure urine

enginengineering

FTD has steam engines yet?

I've been toying in my head with the idea of a modernized flathead engine

A proper crossflow design that would require an awkward exhaust valve pushrod arrangement, but could provide a low cost low maintenance alternative to the OHV

It would be extremely compact and capable of low cost high performance and would lend itself very well to a modern turbocharged DI design

Can it be maintained with currently widely available parts?
If the answer is no, it's just another wankel.

Yeah

Since it burns materials directly will it replace current engines as to finally complete the unification process of resources?

I mean you could partsbin a lot of it if it goes like I'm thinking

Retooling a block wouldn't be that hard, mostly just repositioning pushrod channels

The heads themselves would be dirt cheap since the cylinder head on a flathead is literally just a cylinder cap with some cooling channels.

It would be an interesting engineering exercise at least

Also the wankel has tremendous potential, its just hard to balance the extremes of "you get fuel economy, emissions, and power, but not all 3"

Force induction can fix a lot if it though

No idea, but keep in mind that fuel is made from material, so it wouldn't take too much to unify it and send the refinery blocks to the decoration tab

>Besiege
why when I make counter rotating propellers for my stupid plane does the damn thing still turn to one side instead of being equal? EVERYTHING ELSE IS EQUAL, propellers rotated, seemingly in the same direction (visually at least, who knows what the game does underneath), all wheels going at the same speed, no mods

I tried google but all I get are results from kids who are trying a mono engine plane or something else and they don't understand torque.

Try switching the rotation direction until it does it right.