I have been researching used late model cargo vans and the chevys seem to get way better gas mileage

I have been researching used late model cargo vans and the chevys seem to get way better gas mileage
A 1500 with a V6 or small V8 can get around 20 mpgs but the fords only get 12 or 13.

Why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

autonews.com/article/20160308/BLOG06/303089997/diesel-option-signals-plenty-of-life-left-for-gms-aging-commercial
gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05/2017-chevrolet-express-van-changes-updates-new-features/
fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5791546209.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m1_U8jRfDWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My v6 truck was rated at about 20... it gets 13. Don't believe that. Besides, I think ford vans start at 3/4 ton.

Having driven both versions the Ford has an ohc design, you have to get it to 3k rpm just to keep up with traffic. Dont get me wrong its a good engine but its so massive that the passenger compartment is limited because of it.

Gm vans have pushrod engines, you can keep the rpms low and the torque will keep you going. Ive only had experience with the 6.0 so i can't speak for the smaller engines but they are definitely quick for a van.

If you must have a van skip on the v6. Definitely go with a gm, they are so much better than e series vans.

What kind of truck?
What are your driving habits like?

>If you must have a van

Definitely need a van because I plan on slowly customizing it into a 70s style bachelor / camper van

V6 2004 Silverado 2wd and 5spd. It's 13mpg on the highway at 70mph if I'm lucky, otherwise it's 60. The 4.3 is a horrible motor for a full size truck.

Do not get the v6. Just get a 1 ton GM. They all get 10-13mpg mind as well get a big one
t. 5 Van owner

If thats the case, you gotta get an old van then. A new one will just look weird.

They are basically the same shape. Just a blank canvas really. Will fab a custom grill so you cant really tell to easy what brand it is.

what do sprinters get?

The I5 diesels in those do really, really well. I remember back in the day when the Sprinters first came to the US, my dad was driving an E350 with the V10 and even driving like an old person he was getting like 9mpg with all of his tools abd equipment in it. He got a Sprinter 3500 with duallies on the rear and the Merc 5cyl diesel. Same tools and loaded heavy as fuck and he was seeing close to 20mpg.

But like people have mentioned here, might as well get a V8 if you are going to get one. All those truck engines are kinda outdated and the V6's will get like 12-14mpg anyway since they are working hard to pull the weight around.

You'll want a v10 or diesel if you're going to do anything besides a sleeping bag and duffle bag. A real camping build is heavy heavy heavy.

autonews.com/article/20160308/BLOG06/303089997/diesel-option-signals-plenty-of-life-left-for-gms-aging-commercial

small diesel + 8 speed for the 20 year old vans soon.

That article cant be right, this is the 2017 chevy express van

read it again, it's for the 2500 and 3500 models

gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05/2017-chevrolet-express-van-changes-updates-new-features/

also that picture is probably a europe/world model only

To my understanding, this is what all express vans are to look like going forward.
Total redesign for 2017

buy a ford transit

But how will I tell my parents im gay?

Ideally something like this with a coo mural

it looks like a photoshop of a european van that's on a different platform than the express/savanna

Is this a good van to take my 10y/o daughter to school and her 50cc motorbike races. then fucking her when she takes podium position in the back of the van.

Its the first thing that comes up when you google 2017 express van

Did someone say van?

How cool would it be to actually recreate that van?

I'd drive the fuck out of a Krieger van

>Krieger van

Whichever one you get, don't get a white, windowless model. Not unless you enjoy being a serial killer.

>Whichever one you get, don't get a white, windowless model. Not unless you enjoy being a serial killer.

Meaningless post. No windows means no one eyeballing your property when parked and no need to work around windows when doing an interior. Windowless are superior party wagons.

Because ford is bullshit. Seriously they're fucking dumb. GM owns the commercial van market fords blow up too easy to stand a chance

yes, but there's no source to back it up.

the only van you will ever need
>no hippie faggots wanting you to drive them to their poz orgies
>no faggotry on your van
>gets you where you need to go with transport
>stays loyal
>wont be stolen
>wont be infected with herpes
>wont make you look like a dying HIV infected crackhead faggot john lennon with a chink raping his ass

Dropped. Don't pull numbers out of your ass because I know for a fact you are wrong.

2001 E150 with the 5.4 litre gets 17 on the highway.

Of course you'd find this out if you learned to Google.

>Cosplay and Van

Living the dream.

they know already

Is that an EPA estimate? And are you doing 55mph or 75mph on that highway? Vans and trucks will start to get really shitty gas mileage once you start cruising above 65mph because shitty aero.

EPA. I know that I've gotten the rated gas mileage as well.

what the hell is that ?

EPA doesn't mean shit. That is like the best possible conditions with no cargo in the thing driving at 50mph (with a tail wind). Load the van up with a bunch of tools, tires that are low a couple PSI, cruise at 70mph and that 19mpg highway will turn into 15mpg real quick. And it isn't just for work vans, most people will see like 10%-20% less than EPA depending on how they drive.

The one thing about a lot of those older V8 cars and vans is they will get like 8mpg in heavy traffic but once you cruise at a steady speed they aren't terrible because the torks keeps em in a high gear. My dad had a 92 Cadillac like that. V8 would get terrible mileage in the city (like close to 10mpg) but once you got that boat cruising at 55mph, you could get closer to 20mpg. It had much better aero than a big van though.

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5791546209.html

This guy wants 50k for his 2004 ford cargo with 140k onna clock.

Read further down and its only 2WD!

Holy shit. He will be lucky to get anything over $10k

He is going to take all that rage out on his wife and kid for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=m1_U8jRfDWo

God himself issued them to the angels that govern the first circle of Hell where its cold but not bad at all. Russia.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people cosplay archer, but damn...

EPA figures are meant to be measured against other EPA figures for comparison purposes only. It's printed as a disclaimer almost everywhere that lists EPA figures, FFS.