Bolbo Bread

Volvo thread post your bricks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=esvzhltAszY
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15286788/#q15286872
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got new low profile tires didn't put em on yet, gonna slam the shit out of it once I do tho

bump lol just noticed that plate, is that actually your car

Please stop...that nice brick never hurt anyone, it doesn't deserve to be tormented

Postan crooked hellas

How am I hurting it?

>Low profile tires
>Rip your rims
>"Slam the shit out of it"
vulva cruelty in its purest form

That's better

What's wrong with low profile tires?
Almost every car comes stock with them these days.
Why is slamming it bad?
It'll handle better than the high centered boat it is now.

just bought this

im mostly into much older true bricks, however this just came up for sale locally, its pretty nice and fun to drive.

my old volvos in their natural enviroment

>Not cruising down wooded backroads in autumn in your galvanized swedeboat
Not my thing user, I like them stock. The underside of mine has enough damage already from when the previous owner jacked it up by the oil pan, I'll take clearance over handling any day

>handle better slammed
No it won't, do a kyote coilover conversion you degenerate

Once you get locked into a serious volvo collection, the tendency is to take it as far as possible.

>think dropping a car magically makes it handle better
>doesn't understand suspension geometry
>but dah ride feels stiffer so it must be bettah!!!!
LOL stay teenager

Sedan:
>Psst
>Hey
>You awake?
Wagon:
>Shut the fuck up I'm trying to hibernate

>wew lad
>top kek
Kill you are self my man

What the fuck do you think I'm doing?
I already bought the spare struts from the junk yard and the koni inserts to go inside them.
Just relax bro holy shit.
>what is a roll center correction block
Wow get good.

Whats the maroon one that the drunk swedes smashed like 50 other cars and trailers with

i've got a file for every current/ex car ive owned
you know what i do like wagons ive owned loads, but the thing is, in the uk they're so popular its more refreshing to see sedans around, its probably how you feel seeing a wagon in the us i assume

i assune you're referring to the popular "crash test" video online, its a volvo 850, and they're dutch.

can attest to 850's build quality owned a bunch

It's refreshing to see anything besides japanese econoboxes desu senpai.

>literally stupid
>I WANNA SLAM IT
>BUT MAHHHH ROLL CENTER ADJUSTER!!!!!!!
Learn 2 suspension you stupid faggot. Slamming a car =/= to corner weighting and tuning the suspension. Kill yourself, you straw grasping faggot.

Cool bro, I'm still gonna do what I want lmao.
Enjoy your stock shitty boring brick

talk me out of buying a brand new v90 t6
[spoiler]but not really[/spoiler]

Jesus im so fucking triggered right now

>implying I'm poor and would ever be caught dead in a shit volvo
>implying even if I did own a volvo I would be dumb enough to waste money "modding" it
>kill yourself teenager

Also you realize I'm doing exactly what kaplhenke racing reccomends right?
I'm even using their parts to build my coilovers.
Stay mad tho

Why are you posting in a clearly labelled Volvo thread if you don't own one or appreciate them you autismo

just saw my first one of these (well the S90)

and damn they look fucking beautiful, ive always been into the true old volvos, 700 series, but i think they look good, cant wait to start seeing more on the roads

>I buy street versions of raze car parts cuz then mahhh car will be raze car!!!!
>they aren't just selling me shit, dey want me to raze car toooo!
Stay teenager. enjoy dumping thousands into a shit box.

>this mad that someone's having fun in a way he doesn't approve of

Looks like a very stylized hearse imo user

>these posts are my safe space

Not an actual I6
(I want one too though god damn)

>I need a V8 swap to drift
youtube.com/watch?v=esvzhltAszY

>thousands
Not the way I'm doing it lol.
I'm doing everything myself, cutting and shortening the struts, ford 8.8 swap which is already done, 5.3 ls swap, coilovers etc
I've got about 1000 into the car right now including the initial purchase, v8, trans and wiring harness.

Says who?
Not me lmao, quote me if you can!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha
>teenagers

>I spit banter at a clearly autistic furry faggot for the sake of it
>I have nothing to contribute
I think /B/ is the board for you my boy

these are the volvos that our grandchildren will view as bricks
go on
twincharge tho famalam

Seriously considering buying a Volv for a 3rd vehicle, but I'm cautiously wondering WHY these things resale (in good shape) for so low?

They crazy expensive to repair or something?

>I'm new to Veeky Forums
>I think post subjects mean anything
>stop triggering me
>mahhh safespace!!!!!

Not much more to say really. Vulva thinks they can go back to their roots and make a decent wagon, but they've gone too far down the road to being a luxury brand. Any attempts at turning back will result in shitty half assed revisions of an iconic design

>no one wants them
>mediocre reliability
>xbox big but with no storage
>not good looking
>slow
>normie interior
That's why normal people don't buy them over the competition

Sean?

Yes they are, however they are less likely to go wrong than your typical merc. So same cost, less often.
The BIG thing is that people don't give as much credit to the Volvo namesake in America. In fact they give it zero. They don't hate it, they don't love it (unless they already are hooked). They just don't even think of Volvo.

Its not mine anymore, but it still counts... right?

Do it faggot

as a new owner but a very long term volvo owner i can tell you why so many people are put off by these things (at least in england)

the ETM throttle issue is a big part of it (if it breaks you need volvo to at least program a new one before your car will run)

if you want a brand new part+installation etc, you're looking at around 500 GBP here, which is close to what the car's are worth.

they're at teh stage now, where, they're old enough to be in the sub 1000 car sale price, but not old enough to have a good following (which they probably wont ever get understandably with the ford takeover and dropping standards compared to volvo's older stuff ) but for what you're paying they're still good cars.

i just purchased an s60 with 180k miles on it, it drives great but has clearly been looked after, they're pretty boring, and they really lost a lot of the original volvo charm which got me into volvos in the first place, reliability / boxy shape/ very strong

its more of a generic car in the post 2000 volvo

they still have a bunch of pros and a decent drive

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15286788/#q15286872

With every (you) I acquire I only become stronger senpai

Never did I say you can't tho?
In fact I drift mine right now bone stock, it's pretty weak tho trying to drift a 3000lb car with 100hp, even the ae86 is known it be underpowered and that's more HP with half the weight.

>this butt blasted about his safe space

u say that user, but it is a good wagon

Spotted a dented 240 sedan in my area. Think the owner would give it up for $500? Owner is a grill.
Just take turbo parts from a 740/940 or do a DOHC head swap

>Just take turbo parts from a 740/940 or do a DOHC head swap
Why do this if you can just drop a V8 into it? More potential power, more torks, still gets good MPG, won't ever break...

No, I want a V8, why would I bother building an i4 when I can get an entire v8 power plant including trans for 600 dollars?
That's just silly.

That may be so, but even so it's an unholy mix of nu-volvo luxury design and based-vovlo heritage design. I mean if you like it go for it, i wouldn't want one is all

now I feel forgetful that he has a V8 motor sitting around, eh disregard

I just put a new ps pump, cabin filter, and serp belt yesterday on my 850. Gotta take a min to bypass heater core though to be able to drive it around again. I need some hose and more clamps. Will be nice to drive mine around again.No pics on pc so here's her radiator.

Dont have a brick though, mine is a c30

anyway, any one knows if A/C compressors re salvageable? I hit a pretty nasty pothole a few months ago that chirped my oilpan, after fixing it and running with the car, a few months later I noticed the A/C compressor was making noise when idling regardless if the A/C was on or not
Turns out the pothole bent the main shaft of my compressor, is it fixable (removing the shaft and reshaping it, or replacing the shaft) or do I need a whole new A/C compressor?